Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jun 11, 2015 5:56 AM

Nov 2011
I admit that the final, has mitigated my dissatisfaction created by the dwell of the matter in which the group of Yu was involved in mid-narrative. Overall the episode was very pleasant and the final melodramatic, does not that put the icing on the cake. Good as always the seabed, much less the drawings. Promo very interesting, Yu already shows its power? Exhibitionist! XD
Jun 11, 2015 7:06 AM

Sep 2014
Studio Wit never ceases to amaze me when it comes to their animation in this show. How high is their budget? 500$ per episode? lol All those non-moving pictures in the fighting scenes. But they moved some hair! Amazing, rofl.
Jun 11, 2015 7:18 AM
Jun 2015
Really don't understand Mika's attitude.

What's wrong with him getting all arrogant and hating humans so much.

Someone explain why he's even down for killing humans. Wouldn't he have grudges against vampires instead?

Why has he turned against humans? -_-

For me it's so counterintuitive.
Jun 11, 2015 7:27 AM

Jan 2008
Mika's stutter though.
Jun 11, 2015 7:36 AM

Sep 2014
ponywoo said:

Someone explain why he's even down for killing humans. Wouldn't he have grudges against vampires instead?

Simple: Probably a plothole. Small chance it will be explained later...
Jun 11, 2015 7:45 AM

Sep 2014
ponywoo said:

He's arrogant because he knows he's powerful. Plus he's been around those vampires for 8 years. It's not his fault.

He hates humans because of something that will be shown next episode.

He has turned against humans because of, like I said, something that will happen next episode that the humans have done.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 11, 2015 10:27 AM

Oct 2013
ponywoo said:

Mika has issues against both humans and vampires, it's not something exclusively directed to humans. It's just that he's stronger than most humans now so they seem to bear the brunt of his hatred.
Jun 11, 2015 11:11 AM

Apr 2012
Well.. I heard the manga is A LOT of better than the anime, I guess when I'll have time I should read it.
Anyway, I'm actually liking the story even thought I don't like vampires in general haha
Mika's attitude is pretty understable since all the bad things that happened to him.
I can't wait to see how Mika and Yu's reunion will be
Jun 11, 2015 6:20 PM
Jun 2015
Thank you very much for the explanations guys XD

Guess I need to learn more from the upcoming episodes :D

It's just heartbreaking to see Mika turned into a totally different person TTOTT
Jun 11, 2015 9:39 PM

May 2015
CrisCri said:
Well.. I heard the manga is A LOT of better than the anime, I guess when I'll have time I should read it.
This

S2 might be A LOT better than S1......
And yes, just like in the manga. DAT CLIFFHANGER tho....
Jun 12, 2015 4:07 AM

Jul 2014
OH MY GOSHHHH
Jun 12, 2015 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
Man they love taking their time in fights don't they? Who the hell talks that much in a fight? Would've been so much better if it had more action and way less talking :/

It was kind of irritating to see the effect of that back fist in slow motion, really takes away from the power of it imo.

And he finally stabbed Guren, I thought I'll have to wait another 5 minutes for that! Hopefully next episode will be better.
Jun 12, 2015 4:35 PM

Jan 2014
Nice ep. Damn the ending.. I want to see next episode so badly, ehh
I seems they are probably saving the budget for next week fight
Jun 13, 2015 5:50 AM

Jun 2008
ponywoo said:

He says in the manga he hates both humans and vampires. He is a lonely existence because he hates both and he is a vampire but not a full vampire because he refuses to drink human blood.

I guess that's natural just think it like this: You survive to live with the killer of your entire family and are forced to live with him everyday. You go through hell with pain because you crave for human blood. You blame yourself for what happened and you suffer alone for years, you stop crying and you focus only in finding your last remaining family member. While your bff went away and actually got some decent parental figure (Guren) and friends, you got stuck with your enemies and you were always alone enduring pain. Your bff never came back for you but you dont blame him because you know he didnt know you were alive but deep down you feel sick with humanity because you know there were a lot of humans alive fighting against the vampires and they never once tried to save you or the children that live as livestock.
Although the reason stated for Mika in the manga why he hates humans its mostly because they did experiments on Yuu making him...well you'll see in next episode...
I'd say Mika has enough reasons to want to kill humans. Even though never once he did with pleasure like the other vampires. If necessary he will kill humans or vampires (you'll see in the manga) but if possible he will avoid it. Mika hates humans but he is able to protect humans if that means Yuu will be protected... (to see next episode lol). Anyway humans arent as innocent as you think...

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 13, 2015 11:05 AM

Apr 2012
dws said:
So this one is turning into tokyo ghoul 2. I'm talking about that garbage animation and how the show's turning to shit. If I wasn't so close to finishing this show, I would have dropped it just because of the last 2 episodes.

exactly my thoughts.
How come a studio backed by Universal cant afford or are to lazy to actually animate fights instead of a bunch of still pictures. This is just a fucking joke animation wise.
Jun 13, 2015 7:29 PM

Feb 2013
Awe, I wanted to see what pill #2 would do (didn't even notice pill 1 was in use...)

Intense fight though.
Hope they replace those stills for the BD.
Jun 14, 2015 2:34 AM

May 2010
That was better than last episode. Still, the action in it is... Well, at least it improved.

Honestly, I don't care about Mika and Yu's reunion, I must be the only one. I feel like it is going to cliche.
Jun 17, 2015 4:45 AM

Nov 2010
The stabs, great scenes
Jun 17, 2015 12:08 PM

Jan 2011
Everything was pretty damn awful, except for the last few minutes.
Lack of music, animation that was off and random talking during battles, aaarrrrghhh~
I'm really, really disappointed with this show so far...
Meh...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 17, 2015 8:44 PM

Jun 2014
Fucking snorefest. the action in this show is dull as shit. I was so excited for this show and now its just super dull and boring. ugh.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 17, 2015 10:40 PM

Dec 2007
Most of this episode was sorta lame. Enjoy it to a point but they just kept talking and talking without really doing anything...
Fights were alright through most of the episode but what really stood out was definitely the last few minutes. Holy damn!! First one MC gets stabbed.. and the ANOTHER MC GETS STABBED!!!!

yes.
Jun 18, 2015 7:47 AM

Mar 2014
Did anyone watch CinemaSins' video on The Battle of the Five Armies? Well, they talk about how on multiple occasions, someone's about to get hit/stabbed/killed and someone else comes in at the last second (like, from nowhere) to save them, by blocking the enemy's weapon with his own, or whatever.

This episode was like that.

+The ending. My God.

-The animation. The scene with the horde of vampires versus the soldiers was basically static. What a strange choice.
-Too many last-second saves

I am looking forward to the next episode, though. It's still better than the manga... although, I haven't got this far in the manga yet xP
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Jun 18, 2015 2:55 PM

Jul 2011
10/10 reunion.
Jun 20, 2015 10:32 PM

Sep 2013
Most of the time I was just waiting for the reunion but when it arrived I was like whaaaat! Not Guren samaaaa ;___;
Jun 24, 2015 7:59 AM

Apr 2014
The meaning of LTC? I'm confused by it.. >~<
Jun 24, 2015 8:15 AM

Sep 2014
-Katsu-kun- said:
The meaning of LTC? I'm confused by it.. >~<

Lieutenant Colonel.
Jun 24, 2015 8:27 AM

Apr 2014
mira-nyan said:

Thx. Makes sense now.
Jun 29, 2015 9:07 AM

Sep 2013
Soooo many still-shots. What's with the budget lol
Jun 30, 2015 9:50 AM

May 2014
Finally ... the highlight of the season! xD

NERigby96 said:
-The animation. The scene with the horde of vampires versus the soldiers was basically static. What a strange choice.
-Too many last-second saves

I am looking forward to the next episode, though. It's still better than the manga... although, I haven't got this far in the manga yet xP
I think the manga is actually better, mostly because of what you say... the anime is not very animated. There are too many scenes in witch they do pretty much nothing but talking. You don't really mind that in a manga but in an anime is kinda boring.
Jul 2, 2015 12:47 PM

May 2012
Pretty intense episode, especially that ending! Let's see what happens next!
Jul 6, 2015 2:41 PM

Mar 2014
You know, you may be right. I've been saying that the anime is better (and I still think that overall, mainly because of certain additions and pacing), but the lack of animation in this episode especially (when there's been so much in other episodes) makes me want to see how these scenes played out in the manga (I'm only three volumes deep).

I'll have to get on that at some point.
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Jul 14, 2015 5:59 PM
Sep 2012
How dare this episode.

I don't know how many heartstrings they think I have but it certainly wasn't enough to watch this episode. Smh how DARE they?
Jul 14, 2015 6:06 PM
Sep 2012
Orulyon said:
ponywoo said:

He says in the manga he hates both humans and vampires. He is a lonely existence because he hates both and he is a vampire but not a full vampire because he refuses to drink human blood.

I guess that's natural just think it like this: You survive to live with the killer of your entire family and are forced to live with him everyday. You go through hell with pain because you crave for human blood. You blame yourself for what happened and you suffer alone for years, you stop crying and you focus only in finding your last remaining family member. While your bff went away and actually got some decent parental figure (Guren) and friends, you got stuck with your enemies and you were always alone enduring pain. Your bff never came back for you but you dont blame him because you know he didnt know you were alive but deep down you feel sick with humanity because you know there were a lot of humans alive fighting against the vampires and they never once tried to save you or the children that live as livestock.
Although the reason stated for Mika in the manga why he hates humans its mostly because they did experiments on Yuu making him...well you'll see in next episode...
I'd say Mika has enough reasons to want to kill humans. Even though never once he did with pleasure like the other vampires. If necessary he will kill humans or vampires (you'll see in the manga) but if possible he will avoid it. Mika hates humans but he is able to protect humans if that means Yuu will be protected... (to see next episode lol). Anyway humans arent as innocent as you think...

I want to know why he isn't just on the sidelines, munching on some popcorn and watching the two groups he hates kill each other. Why does he pick a team? Because no matter how you swing it, picking up his sword to fight humans and NOT vampires makes me think he hates vampires but still hates them less than humans. I mean humans experimenting on Yuu is one thing. Vampires killed his family, the director of his orphanage and probably everyone he knew as a child. One sort of outweighs the other. I know if it were me, I'd be kicking some vampire tail.
Jul 14, 2015 6:39 PM

May 2012
CandyAB said:
Orulyon said:

I want to know why he isn't just on the sidelines, munching on some popcorn and watching the two groups he hates kill each other. Why does he pick a team? Because no matter how you swing it, picking up his sword to fight humans and NOT vampires makes me think he hates vampires but still hates them less than humans. I mean humans experimenting on Yuu is one thing. Vampires killed his family, the director of his orphanage and probably everyone he knew as a child. One sort of outweighs the other. I know if it were me, I'd be kicking some vampire tail.

He can't practically just kick some vampires ass since we know that he is very dependent on Krul's blood which is the queen of the vampire in Japan. If he betrayed the vampire, he will not be able to have a source of blood and ended up as a demon, not also able to save Yu. In the end, it will be a big lost to him if he did that.
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Jul 18, 2015 2:35 PM

Sep 2014
CandyAB said:

This is because of WHY he hates them. He hates the vampires for what they did to his family. But if he had to choose which side he's safer in, it would be the vamps' side. Why? Because
1) The humans experimented on his family
2) He genuinely trusts Krul and sees her as a sort of surrogate parent.
3) He's a vampire. He would be tortured if her was taken to the human side.
Jul 25, 2015 11:39 AM

Nov 2009
Uh-oh shit is hitting the fan, I am fucking hyped for the next episode.
Aug 2, 2015 2:42 AM

Oct 2013
So far I like where this is going but I'm disappointed no one has died yet. I mean come on, someone always saves the day and 95% of the time it Yu.
Stop trying to make him look like a 150% bad ass, it's annoying.

This is a full fledged war and it's completely unrealistic that not one of his comrades have died. Even his friend gets saved from being coming a demon, so typical.

So far, average. Stereotypical and fan catering to the fan boys.

Meh.
Aug 3, 2015 4:30 PM

Oct 2013
Are these jerks killing Guren already?! HE'S THE ONLY CHARACTER WORTH A DAMN ASIDE FROM SHINOA

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 9, 2015 6:52 PM

Jul 2013
Wow this ending. A reunion but in a weird way. Guren made a good fight, but against Ferid and Mika it's pretty hard. I hope he will not die.

The next episode looks O.O
I'm curious for what will happen.

Aug 21, 2015 6:34 PM
Sep 2013
So much Mika dick-sucking in this show, its getting obnoxious. So many meaningless and unnecessary flashback scenes just to try to drive down even further how gay those two are.

Why are the mook vampires so pathetically weak yet are always smiling conceitedly, only to get killed in the next 10 seconds? And the boss vampires are apparently so strong, they can wipe out elite squads by themselves. The humans also seem to be so pressed for personnels, so why isn't this war over already?
Aug 22, 2015 5:02 AM

Sep 2014
MrNTR said:
So much Mika dick-sucking in this show, its getting obnoxious. So many meaningless and unnecessary flashback scenes just to try to drive down even further how gay those two are.

Why are the mook vampires so pathetically weak yet are always smiling conceitedly, only to get killed in the next 10 seconds? And the boss vampires are apparently so strong, they can wipe out elite squads by themselves. The humans also seem to be so pressed for personnels, so why isn't this war over already?

They built a giant wall like in AoT. Even flying vampires and and vampires in helicopters can't get past it. It's a homage to the anti-pollution-wall in the simpsons movie.
Aug 25, 2015 6:17 AM

Sep 2013
I'm just gonna finish this anime and pretend that I never saw it.
Sep 4, 2015 2:24 PM
May 2012
Man, don't you think the fights are lame?? I mean, most are just stills :/
And yeah, the supposedly strong and unpredictable character just waited for the enemy to fucking stab him....and he said the "looks like this is the end for me" while doing nothing. I fucking hate that shit.
Only good thing about this episode was the ending.
Oct 13, 2015 5:18 AM

Dec 2013
Dat meeting..those eyes..the last scene KILLED me..
Oct 13, 2015 11:22 PM

Jul 2012
I'm going to hell

I laughed when Guren got beat up by Silver Haired
I laughed when Yuu stabbed Mika

omg
Jan 2, 2016 10:49 PM

Jun 2015
Bit slow, but really payed off with the ending. Extremely tense, very well done.
sasuke is sasugay
Feb 20, 2016 11:04 PM

Oct 2014
Nice ending to this episode. Reunited at first in an unfortunate way
Mar 2, 2016 9:29 PM

Apr 2014
-I still think Mika will ultimately betray the vampires, and that Ferid will ultimately attempt to usurp power for himself and become the enemy of both sides.

-Nice to see Yoichi, Mitusba, and Shihou being able to hold their own., but Yuu keeps bailing everyone out.

-Guren :O

-Still battle scenes make me sad.
Mar 27, 2016 12:39 PM

Jul 2012
SchwingBoner said:

Oh no! I was dreading this! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Seriously, this part~!
May 1, 2016 6:53 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I'm a horrible person, but I laughed when Yuu stabbed Mika... I was waiting for something like that to happen. Does Yuu just look at his enemies' chest and not at their faces?
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.