Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2015 4:00 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
KIRARARA BLUSHING. THE GIRLS BONDING. BEAUTIFUL.

Dear lord was this episode precious. They honestly put some really great characterization on a character who already had a lot of potential. HaruHaru's idea of basing Kirara's modeling outfit off of her Precure design was pretty smart and clever too.

No sakuga worthy stuff, thanks Toei. ;_;

I'll have to rewatch it with subs to get a better idea of how well they handled Kirara, but damn, from what I watched, they did a great job. Her determination, motivations, and realization was all just perfect ahhh.

Mod Edit: Fixed poll.
KinetaJun 7, 2022 9:30 AM
Feb 28, 2015 4:15 PM

Mar 2012
Needs more Pafu.
Feb 28, 2015 8:15 PM

May 2013
I thought kirara reject audition result that she passed.

or maybe she lied about that to haruharu in order to haruharu not worried or feel it her own fault make kirarara refuse that job.
Feb 28, 2015 8:18 PM

Apr 2008
Pfft, who needs sakuga or Pafu when you have WINDOWS and FEMALE BONDING?

Anyway, great ep. Really pleased with how they handled Kirara here. I liked that they spent two episodes on Kirara's intro, compared to the single eps spent on Haruka and Minami, since it added more weight to her decision to become a Precure. It's clear that she was meant to be GoPri's aloof loner at the start, and if ep 4 wasn't a good enough indicator of that, this ep certainly was. We discovered that Kirara was so focused on her goal of becoming a model because she admired her mother (who was also a model). So her earlier swift dismissals of joining the other Cures makes more sense now. However, this ep also added another layer to Kirara's character, showing that because she's so dedicated to achieving her goal, she hasn't really had any strong friendships. It's only through Haruka, and to a lesser extent, Minami, reaching out to her that she realizes there are people that understand and want to support her.

The way Kirara's character was handled during her intro felt similar to some of the past Cures too: Miki (both models, similar dilemma regarding audition vs. saving friends) + Urara (their goals in life were because they wanted to follow in their mother's footsteps) + Karen (very aloof and isolated, but very adorned, takes a while to warm up to the others). Oddly enough, I wasn't the only one that thought of these character comparisons: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=49026163

As for the technical aspects, they were pretty good. Although there weren't any stand out moments of animation like eps 1-2 (I guess I should learn to stop hoping for stuff from Toei), the art quality was a lot more polished than 3-4. There were also some pretty neat distance and perspective shots, and of course Dezaki/Ikuhara WINDOWS. Also, the MOTW battle was pretty funny with Not!Umino getting dream mirror'd and the Zetsuborg attacking the Cures with (ugh) mathematical equations. Oh yeah, and the three girls were all like super cute at the end with dem totally-not-yuri blushes (Kirara blushing is bad for my health) and goofing around. Looking forward to the trio's dynamic in future eps!

Mar 1, 2015 12:32 AM
Jun 2011
and this why math is the class lesson i most hate. i looking foward to the new mascot next week whoever she is
Mar 2, 2015 1:08 AM
Sep 2007
Nice episode, but I must say that I still like Minami the most out of trio.

Also, main villainess is voiced by epic Yoshiko Sakakibara, and Miss Shamour (new mascot) will borrow her voice from Mayumi Shintani (Haruko from FLCL, Nonon from Kill la Kill, and a few other roles).
Mar 2, 2015 2:55 AM

Oct 2011
I think it's time to give it one more episode before dropping it - Precure overload it seems has hit me :P especially since there is Aikatsu and PriPara (as well as Tribe Cool Crew but it has less of cute girls doing cute things) so I won't miss much. maybe next week plushie and more of Pafu will make it worthwhile.

as for the episode it was nice... till moment Orange one said about her mother. can't we have some aspiring model who doesn't do this because of her mom? Miki had the same issues and going for it once more isn't most fascinating thing.
Pink was funny, reminded me of Nozomi's day as manager with Urara and she also managed to help in a way. so this was fine.
as for now Blue is best girl (her Precure form is still weird) that is except Pafu.
Mar 2, 2015 9:59 AM

Oct 2011
DAYUM, I loved this episode!!

Before that, I've noticed that it takes progressively longer each week for the subs to come out. Two weeks ago, they came out on Sunday morning (my time zone, obviously), then last week Sunday evening (not much of a difference) and this week Monday. I remember the same thing happened with HappinessCharge (infamously, one episode's subs came out on Thursday compared to the first episodes' on Sunday morning) so that's weird.
Anyway, the subs were much more thought out this week, so that's great!

Back to the episode, I REALLY liked it. Character development for Kirara, plus unexpected development for Minami and Haruka (I LOVE bonding and friendship!!)!
I didn't like two things: Kirara has much more depth than the other girls now, so I hope the next episodes will fix that.
The second thing is that Haruka and Minami were absolutely useless in battle since they had to be saved by Kirara; they took on two Zetsuborgs (I liked that the subs called them Despairvil this week) last episode (or was it the episode before that?), then they were defeated by one at the fashion show (which I can understand because they might have been caught off-guard) and now they can't beat this one yet Kirara who has no experience can do it?! That kind of plot-induced power difference is really awkward.

Also, the episode showed us how busy Kirara is yet at the end she decided to become a Precure so she could spend time with her friends, HaruHaru and Minamin. That is heartwarming, but also kind of sad because it means she'll be overworking herself.

Last thoughts, Dyspear's voice actress is Chief Kasei from Psycho-Pass! She sounds really threatening. I hope she'll live up to that!! Can't wait for the plot to move forward now that the team is complete. Next week's episode looks like a breather episode, though... Hopefully it'll focus on the girls' friendship!
Mar 2, 2015 11:03 AM

Dec 2010
Nice episode! I can definitely see why Kirara rejected them at first. I full expect her to have burn out later on. Also, the French guy was hilarious to hear talk!
Mar 2, 2015 1:37 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Don_Don_Kun said:

The way Kirara's character was handled during her intro felt similar to some of the past Cures too: Miki (both models, similar dilemma regarding audition vs. saving friends) + Urara (their goals in life were because they wanted to follow in their mother's footsteps) + Karen (very aloof and isolated, but very adorned, takes a while to warm up to the others).

I thought that also.

Great episode, hopefully even the 'filler' episode will be as enjoyable. Now it makes it seem like Kirara is OP since the other two Precure couldn't handle the enemy. And is it me, or that boy looked like Umino from Sailor Moon?
Mar 2, 2015 1:51 PM

Oct 2011
Homura_ said:
I thought that also.

Great episode, hopefully even the 'filler' episode will be as enjoyable. Now it makes it seem like Kirara is OP since the other two Precure couldn't handle the enemy. And is it me, or that boy looked like Umino from Sailor Moon?
but I think it's typical Precure thing - new one arrives, is way stronger than others and in one-two episodes she becomes weaker (which makes sense). Blue one was pretty awesome in her first fight.

and he did look very similar - too bad we won't see more of him :(
Mar 2, 2015 2:39 PM
Sep 2007
Don't worry, it won't be long before Haruka, as it's pink Precure's tradition, starts ruining other girls' development, and stealing their screentime; actually, she's kinda already doing it.

I can see Minami and Kirara being kinda relevant in first half of series, and then (aside from Haruka), having completely stolen their spotlight by that masked girl in opening, who will most likely be the new Precure, and have the connection for most part with Haruka.
Mar 2, 2015 2:59 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Garfild said:
Don't worry, it won't be long before Haruka, as it's pink Precure's tradition, starts ruining other girls' development, and stealing their screentime; actually, she's kinda already doing it.

As long as it won't be a Doki case.
Mar 3, 2015 8:22 PM

Jul 2011
I really enjoyed this episode and seeing more of Kirara and her becoming a Cure. Fight was odd seeing as she won, while 2 cures couldn't handle it. Still I liked this episode a lot. I'm really liking Haruka more and more. Just the way she acts is enjoyable.
Mar 4, 2015 11:29 PM

Nov 2012
haha that karl lagerfeld reference ;)

kirara joined the precures for real this time, nice :>
Mar 6, 2015 9:12 PM

Feb 2013
alyya said:
I thought kirara reject audition result that she passed.

That's what I was thinking too.

Great episode though, I really liked seeing the girls bonding. Cure Twinkle finally joins the team for good.
New mascot next week too!
Mar 7, 2015 3:18 PM

Jul 2012
Garfild said:

I can see Minami and Kirara being kinda relevant in first half of series, and then (aside from Haruka), having completely stolen their spotlight by that masked girl in opening, who will most likely be the new Precure, and have the connection for most part with Haruka.

I

Uh

Nevermind
May 10, 2017 10:19 AM

Feb 2014
Looks like Kirara had a "friendship is magic" moment.

So far I'm liking this iteration of Precure a lot more than the others that I tried to watch.
Psajdak said:

I guess it's a long running children's mahou shoujo/idol anime tradition as a whole. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it was in
Nov 20, 2017 7:23 PM
May 2017
So far, Kirara is my best girl in this series. SHE GIVES THE BEST NICKNAMES. I love her bonding with Haruharu and Minamin. I'm starting to ship the three of them together for some reason.
Mar 21, 2019 7:09 AM

Mar 2017
I liked this episode! I like how Kirara just flat out said: "You brought me donuts once, so I don't dislike you." That girl might become my favorite! The fight was okay, and I liked the Karl Lagerfeld homage. I looked it up, and he just died recently... I feel terrible for thinking he had been dead for longer. For a moment I thought this was actually a tribute after his death.
Aug 7, 2021 3:24 AM

Feb 2020
Kirara decided to become both a supermodel and a PreCure.

SerafosFeb 19, 11:30 AM
Jan 1, 7:15 AM

Jul 2016
Really enjoyed this episode. All three of the precure members are here! :)

Kirara putting Haruka in her modeling shoes showing how much modeling means to her. Kirara best girl. ;-;

More topics from this board

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 21 Discussion

Kaengel - Jun 28, 2015

9 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 16 Discussion

Ryuu_Hou-ou - May 18, 2015

10 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 14 Discussion

silverwalls - May 4, 2015

13 by hutaosghostt_ »»
Mar 22, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 12 Discussion

megmica - Apr 18, 2015

16 by pendr4gonz »»
Feb 20, 5:54 AM

Poll: » Go! Princess Precure Episode 7 Discussion

Akarin - Mar 15, 2015

16 by TlordGaming »»
Feb 8, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.