New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (198) « First ... « 48 49 [50] 51 52 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2010 10:06 AM

Apr 2009
Character: Naoto Fuyumine
Anime/Manga: Dogs: Bullets & Carnage
Category: Swordsmen
Story: Orphaned at a young age, Naoto was found suffering from amnesia after the extremely violent murder of her parents, which also resulted in an iconic X-shaped scar across the middle of her chest. She was taken in, raised and trained by a swordsman whom she believed to be her parents' murderer.
Sword Type: Katana
How many: One
Sword's name: ---
Proof: "She fights with the katana that she inherited from Fuyumine." Quote From MAL Page
Banner: I'll make it

Jul 19, 2010 10:12 AM

Nov 2009
Character: Saeko Busujima
Anime/Manga: Highschool of the Dead
Story: Captain of the school's kendo team
Sword Type: Bokkan
Proof: "high school senior and president of the school's kendo club, she is extremely skilled with a bokken and close combat. " Quote From MAL Page
Banner: Please make it for me
Picture: the purple-haired girl

Character: Kenshin Himura
Anime/Manga: Rurouni Kenshin
Story: was raised by Hiko and taught the style of hiten mitsurugi ryu. At first he was an assassin for the meiji revolution, but afterwards he vowed never to kill again and uses his sword to protect those around him.
Sword Type: Sakabatou
Proof: "Hiko soon adopted the child and because Shinta was not a name fitted for a swordman, he renamed him Kenshin, meaning "Heart of Sword," took him under his wing and taught him the Hiten Mitsuruugi Ryu." and "During the revolution, Kenshin was given the nickname of Hitokiri Battousai because of his god-like speed of drawing a sword to kill the enemy instantly. " Quote From MAL Page
Picture: orange-haired guy at the bottom.

SapphireStar26Jul 19, 2010 10:34 AM
Jul 19, 2010 10:30 AM

Sep 2008
Character: Sasuke Uchiha
Anime/Manga: Naruto Shippuuden
Story: After he left the village with Orochimaru he began using a Katana
Sword's name: Chidori Katana
Proof: Naruto WIKI
Visual Proof: Here, Here, and Here
Banner: Please make it for me :)
Picture: The red eyed bishie ;)

Character: Mihawk Dracule
Anime/Manga: One Piece
Story: ¨Mihawk is said to be the strongest swordsman in the One Piece world, and he is commented as being a monster superior to monsters. Because of his status and power, defeating him is Roronoa Zoro's ultimate goal. Mihawk is so strong, in fact, he is accused by some characters (And fans) of having the power of a Devil Fruit; however, nothing has stated anything but that his abilities simply come from pure skill and power.¨
Sword Type: Huge Sword
Sword's name: Black Sword (Grosses messer)
Proof: ¨Mihawk is said to be the strongest swordsman in the One Piece world¨ ¨He wields the Black Sword (Grosses messer), the strongest sword in the world. It's an ornately decorated, man-sized (6 feet) sword shaped like a cross with a shiny black blade, curved at the end.¨ MAL Page
Picture: At the right
Mayora-HimeJul 19, 2010 11:38 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2010 10:32 AM

Feb 2008
Character: Zack Fair
Anime/Manga: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
Story: Zack learned how to wield a sword after he joined SOLDIERs. He was trained there by Angeal Hewley, 1st Class SOLDIER.
Sword Type: Buster Sword
How many: 1
Sword's name: Basutāsōdo.
Proof: " The wielder of the Buster Sword before Cloud Strife, Zack received the Buster Sword from his predecessor Angeal Hewley." Final Fantasy Wikia.
Visive Proof: --
Banner picture:

Character: Cloud Strife
Anime/Manga: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
Story: He might have learned from Zack, but mostly he learned by himself and from memories. ^^;
Sword Type: Multi-part Broadsword
How many: 1 (6 when separated ^^)
Sword's name: --
Proof: " An arrogant swordsman at first, Cloud must come to terms with the fact his memories are false and rediscover who he truly is.", " Cloud's weapon of choice is the iconic Buster Sword, a massive sword several feet long which Cloud wields in most of his appearances. Cloud's other trademark weapon is the set of Fusion Swords, six individual sword that connect together to form a larger sword similar in shape and size to the Buster Sword. " Final Fantasy Wikia.
Banner picture:
GeminiReiJul 19, 2010 11:51 AM
Jul 19, 2010 10:36 AM

Jun 2008
name - Origa

Character: Yōō Kurogane
Anime/Manga: Tsubasa Chronicle
Story: He inherited his sword from his father and swore on it to revenge his parents' death
Sword's name: Ginryū
Proof: He is likely the most experienced fighter in the group and wiser than he appears. He becomes Syaoran's sword fighting teacher, presenting the boy with the same philosophy he believes in: a sword is used to cut only when needed and not used to cut anything if it is not necessary.
Banner: please make it for me
Banner picture: here

Character: Urahara Kisuke
Anime/Manga: Bleach
Story: He's one of the captains of Gotei 13. All members of Gotei 13 must be skilled with swrods, 'cause they fight against Hollows, and without sword they won't defeat them.
Sword Type: Sword
Sword's name: Benihime
Proof: Zanpakutou
Visive Proof: to fill only if you cannot find the quote
Banner: lease make it for me
Banner picture: here
Origa-sanJul 19, 2010 10:53 AM

OEC ~ CCO ~ TSC+VIP ~ UC ~ TCO ~ TVMF ~ MCC + Other Badges
Jul 19, 2010 10:50 AM

Jan 2009
Character: Dante
Anime/Manga: Devil May Cry
Story: Dante is a mercenary dedicated to exterminating devils and demons, preferring missions that call for demon slaying.
Sword's name: Rebellion
Proof: He has shown incredible proficiency with many types of weapons including several different types of swords
Banner: Please make it for me ^^
Picture: Here

Character: Soi Fon
Story: Soi Fon is the Commander-in-chief of the Onmitsukidō and the captain of the 2nd Division in the Gotei 13
Sword Type: Katana (Zanpakuto)
Sword's name: Suzumebachi
Proof: "Soifon is masterful in swordsmanship, usually only employing her Zanpakutō when she faces a opponent with a drawn weapon"
nitaroxxsJul 20, 2010 6:18 AM
Jul 19, 2010 10:57 AM

Jul 2009
Character: Syaoran
Anime/Manga: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Story: In order to regain Sakura's lost memories, in form of feathers.
Proof: He is skilled in swordmanship, having trained with his father and experienced Kurogane training the clone.
Banner: Yes please
Banner picture: Here or Here

Jul 19, 2010 11:06 AM

Jul 2008
Character: Luke Fon Fabre
Anime/Manga: Tales of the Abyss
Story: Luke continues the tradition of being a slower-hitting, more powerful swordsman who is somewhat poor at combos. Also, his only hobby is swordsmanship ;p
Visive Proof:

Banner: yes, please ^^
Picture:

Character: Asch
Anime/Manga: Tales of the Abyss
Story: One of the Six God-Generals, Asch is the original Luke fon Fabre. After being kidnapped by Van, he is replaced by a replica, while he joins the knights under the alias "Asch".
Visive Proof:

Banner: yes, please ^^
Picture:
KiyoriJul 19, 2010 11:19 AM
Jul 19, 2010 11:26 AM

Jul 2009
Character: Chika Akatsuki
Anime/Manga: Zombie Loan
Story: He died in an accident but was revived as a zombie to kill other zombies. He had to get used to the katana because it was part of the contract he made.
Sword's name: not mentioned
Proof: «Chika has the ability to generate a katana possessing Shinigami abilities.» =>HERE
Banner: i'll make it

Character: Kurosaki Ichigo
Story: To save his family he became a Shinigami.
Sword's name: Zangetsu
Proof: «Ichigo's zanpakutō is named Zangetsu » => HERE

Also, can this fit in this category:

By the way, is there a place in the forum where we can give suggestions to improve the club?
lukimbaJul 19, 2010 11:53 AM

~WAITING FOR COLOURFUL TIMES~
Jul 19, 2010 11:28 AM

Dec 2008
Character: Takasugi Shinsuke
Anime/Manga: Gintama
Story: Having fought alongside them as one of the 'heroes' of the Joui war. MAL Page
Proof: It can be assumed that he is as skilled a swordsman as both Gintoki and Katsura.
Banner: I'll make it.

Character: Raikou Shimizu
Anime/Manga: Nabari no Ou
Story: He's a is a 20-year-old samurai of the Shimizu clan.
Proof: His sword is the white gamon, the partner to his sister Raimei's sword.
Visive proof: http://www.zerochan.net/147519
LadyMayaJul 19, 2010 12:07 PM
Jul 19, 2010 11:28 AM

Apr 2010
haracter:[url= http://myanimelist.net/character/1426/Shana]Shana[/url]
Anime/Manga: Shakugan no Shana
Story: Shana's main weapon, she was pretty much raised to use it.
Sword Type: Nodachi
Sword's name: Nietono no Shana
Proof: Until she met Yuji, she was identified by only her Flame Haze title "Flame-Haired Blazing-Eyed Hunter," or her nodachi, Nietono no Shana.Yuji, in his need to humanize her, chose to name her "Shana" after her sword.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakugan_no_Shana)
Visive Proof: to fill only if you cannot find the quote
Banner picture:

Character: Suigintou (MAL page will be added tomorrow)
Anime/Manga: Rozen Maiden
Story: One of the many things her wings can do is to transform to a large sword.She's often seen using it
Sword's name: Not mentiopned
Proof: Along with her artificial spirit, Meimei, Suigintou's weapons are her ragged black wings. With their arrow-like feathers, she can conjure up a shield, a large sword, or even twin black dragons
Visive Proof:
Banner:please make it for me
Banner picture:Will be added either later or tomorrow, sorry T.T

to fix:
add chara's mal page, and a lil proof which state that she's able with the sword please :3
add also banner pic as u already know xD
please quote the claim when u fixed it :D

claim changed into another page
EtnaEracleaJul 20, 2010 1:51 AM
Jul 19, 2010 11:42 AM

Jan 2009
Character: Creed Diskenth
Anime/Manga: Black Cat
Story: He is the leader and founder of the evil group, Apostles of the Stars, which has the aim of revolution; so he has to be strong
Sword Type: Invisible sword that it's length can be changed
How many: 2 (but they are not used at the same time)
Sword's name: Kotetsu & Imagine Blade
Proof: Creed uses his Tao powers to manipulate the hilt of his former sword, "Kotetsu", to form the "Imagine Blade". Wikipedia

Character: Kawasumi Mai
Anime/Manga: Kanon
Story: Every night she goes to the school and hunts "demons" with her sword
Sword Type: Normal Sword
Proof: Later, the school was built on that field, and Mai continued to walk those grounds late at night, sword at the ready, fighting off the demons which manifested from her very own powers. - MAL Page, spoiler button's second paragraph
-Eva-Jul 19, 2010 11:51 AM
Jul 19, 2010 12:38 PM

Aug 2009
Character: Jūshirō Ukitake
Story: He's one of the strongest captains of the Soul Society, and has been shown using his sword to fight
How many: 1 (2 in Shikai)
Sword's name: Sōgyo no Kotowari
Proof: 'Ukitake's Zanpakutō resembles an average katana with a rectangular bronze cross guard and dark red handle' 'While hating the concept of having to engage in a fight, Ukitake is presumably one of the most proficient swordsmen in all of the Soul Society, as demonstrated from his ability to hold his own against Yamamoto' Bleach Wikia
Banner: Please, make it for me =)
Banner picture:

Character: Mifune
Anime/Manga: Soul Eater
Story: He often works as a bodyguard and he beats Black Star using his swords to fight
How many: With his Infinite One-Sword Style he fills the battleground with swords, but he only holds one to fight
Sword's name: -
Proof: 'It has been noted that he has such skill with a sword to earn the title of "Sword God" (Kenshin) and has shown that he is accustomed with numerous stances, which he chooses purposefully to specifically counter an opponents style.' Soul Eater Wikia
Banner: Please, make it for me =)
Banner picture:

NaeJul 19, 2010 12:52 PM

Jul 19, 2010 12:43 PM

Jun 2009

for banner maker: skip this post, claim is been fixed later on
EtnaEracleaJul 21, 2010 2:14 AM
Jul 19, 2010 12:59 PM

Dec 2008
EtnaEraclea said:
Swordsman UPDATED

Very important: please guys READ THIS
EtnaEracleaJul 20, 2010 1:31 AM

Jul 19, 2010 1:06 PM

May 2009
Character: Ferris Eris
Anime/Manga: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu
Story: Ferris, who comes from a famous clan of swordsmen designated to serve as guards to the King of Roland, is the heroine of the story.
Sword Type: Her sword possesses the "ability to devour gods", which has the power to cut off the demon within Ryner, but with the price being her own life upon invocation.
Sword's name:
Proof: Ferris is incredibly skilled in the sword and assigned by Sion to guard Ryner on his quest to search for the "relics of heroes". - Mal Page
Banner: yes please
Pic: here

Character: Erza Scarlet
Anime/Manga: Fairy Tail
Story: Erza is a strong sword fighter and uses her armors to power up her weapons or to help her to get the upper hand in a fight. Currently, the maximum number of swords she can wield simultaneously is around 200.
Sword Type: Requip aka "The Knight"
How many: Alot
Proof: here
Pic: here
LuchixaJul 19, 2010 1:14 PM

Jul 19, 2010 1:08 PM

Dec 2009
Character: Sesshomaru
Anime/Manga: Inuyasha
Story:

How many: 2
Sword's name: Bakusaiga
Proof: "He eventually gains his own blade that is a manifestation of his own power, the Bakusaiga." + "Sesshomaru uses Bakusaiga for the rest of the series to battle both Naraku and Magatsuhi...[Bakusaiga is] capable of annihilating thousands of demons with one strike." (Hopefully proves this one's not "healing" :P)
Banner picture:
OnyxEyes3Jul 19, 2010 2:38 PM
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Jul 19, 2010 1:27 PM

Aug 2008
EtnaEraclea said:

Harada_Risa's claims
Character: Flynn Scifo
Anime/Manga: Tales of Vesperia
Story: He is part of the Imperial Knights.
Sword type: sword
Proof: "Flynn uses a sword and shield in the battle." MAL page
Visive proof: --
Banner: Yes, please x3
Picture: will be added soon~

Character: Konatsu Warren
Anime/Manga: 07 Ghost
Story: Konatsu was born without the powers of warsfeil, which is why he was shunned by his entire family, save for his grandfather who taught him swordsmanship under the instruction that if he could join the Black Hawks he might be accepted by his family.
Sword type: katana
Proof: "He is the most normal member of the group and a top class swordsman..." 07 Ghost wiki

#3 [staff bonus]
Character: Toshiro Hitsugaya
Story: He is the captain of the 10th of the 13 Court Guard Squads.
Sword type: katana (zanpakuto)
Sword's name: Hyourinmaru
Proof: "Hitsugaya is masterful at swordsmanship, capable of utilizing his size to effectively counter and outmaneuver his opponent." Bleach wiki

Pics ^^

Flynn - 1/2
Konatsu - the blond one~
Hitsugaya - 1/2/3/4
Jul 19, 2010 1:56 PM
Nov 2007
Character: Sora
Anime/Manga: Kingdom Hearts II
Story: "A spirited youth. He was cast into an unknown world when a swarm of Heartless raided his island. He battles the Heartless with a mysterious weapon called the Keyblade as he searches for his friends Kairi and Riku."
Sword type: Keyblades
How many: 1 in his Regular & Wisdom forms; 2 in his Valor, Master, & Final forms
Sword's name: By default, it is the Kingdom Key, but there are many others.
Proof: "However, it is during the tempest Sora first unlocks his potential as a Keyblade wielder, summoning the power of the Kingdom Key to battle the Heartless that now infested his home."
Visive proof: 1 2 3 4
Source: KH Wikia
Banner: Yes, please =3
Picture: =3

Character: Tidus (No MAL page)
Anime/Manga: Final Fantasy
Story: " Star player of the Zanarkand Abes. His attacks lack power due to his inexperience with the sword. Speed is his greatest asset. As a child he was a crybaby, and tears still come to him easily."
Sword type: Longswords
Sword's name: By default, it is the Brotherhood; his strongest sword is the Caladbolg.
Proof: "Tidus is the classical Warrior character of the party and uses basic Swords and Shields during battle."
Visive proof: 1 2
Picture: =3 =3

i'm sorry Airo but FF isnt a manga/anime >.<
charas from videogames aren't accepted.
however are accepted charas which are from videogames turned into an anime or manga. u'll have to change ur second claim chara :/
Airo_RokkuhautoJul 19, 2010 9:06 PM
Jul 19, 2010 2:15 PM

Apr 2009
Character: Shish Wakamaru If possible could you put the name as "Shishiwakamaru"?
Anime/Manga: Yu Yu Hakusho
Story: After getting the sword from Suzka Shishi was using it to help him get famous he also was shown using multiple techniques in the dark tournament with the sword
Sword's name: Banshee Shriek Sword
Proof:
Quote: Shishi was obsessed with getting the fame that winning would bring, and carried a sword given to him by Suzuka, which was called the Banshee Shriek.
Soruce:http://www.absoluteanime.com/yu_yu_hakusho/shishiwakamaru.htm

Visive Proof:

^ I'm sorry I didn't want to post it like this my BB code went crazy when I tried to just link it normally

Banner:Please Make it for me
Banner picture:

Swordsmen Claim Format
Character: Hiei
Anime/Manga:Yu Yu Hakusho
Story: explain The Katana seems to be Hieis perfered weapon and he shows a number of skills using it eve when it is broken
Sword's name: Not Mentioned
Proof:
Quote: Hiei wields a sword, which he can use both as a combat weapon and as a way to safely channel the dark flames from the underworld which he rarely uses as he finds it "barbaric".
Source: Here/MAL page
Visive Proof: One,Two,Three
Banner:Please Make it for me
Banner picture:
mouse_girlJul 19, 2010 2:38 PM

Jul 19, 2010 2:26 PM

Jun 2009
1#
Character: Riku
Anime/Manga: Kingdom Hearts II
Story: fights heartless and nobodies with his keyblade
Sword Type: Keyblade
Sword's name: Way To Dawn
Proof:” In comparison to Sora's two-handed style and Roxas's dual-weaponry, Riku attacks with a fast one-handed style with his Soul Eater/Way to the Dawn.”source
Visive Proof: ----
Banner picture:
Jul 19, 2010 5:15 PM

Jan 2008
-1-
Character: Karasuba
Anime/Manga: Sekirei
Story: 108 sekirei fight in a battle to be the last winner for a special prize
Sword's name: none
Proof: 'Her weapon of choice is a Japanese Long-Sword.'
source: MAL
Banner: yes.onegai
Banner picture:

-2-
Character: Galatea
Anime/Manga: Claymore
Story: In a world constantly haunted by demonic predators known as "Youma". claymores are there to fight against them
Proof: 'a nameless and highly secretive organization has created an order of half-human, half-yoma warriors to protect humans from the yoma, for a large fee. The people of this world have dubbed these warriors as "Claymores" based on their gargantuan, unsheathed swords'
source: wiki
Visive Proof: http://www.zerochan.net/full/119225 (coz there is no specific desciption for one of the claymore of holding that giant sword)
Banner: yes.onegai
Banner picture:
Jul 19, 2010 5:32 PM

Sep 2009
Character: Ling Yao
Anime/Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Story: Although Ling is untrained in alkahestry, he has significant martial arts and sword training and is able to sense chi.
Sword Type: Chinese dao
How many: one
Proof: "Ling is a very proficient martial artist and acrobat, but an even better swordsman" Wikia
Pic: soon
Jul 19, 2010 7:57 PM

May 2008
Character: Xiao Lan
Anime/Manga:1/2 Prince
Story: After her brother declares that she can never make it as a guy in the game world where girls are given special treatment (HP boost, free equipment from other players, easier to level up), Feng Lan starts playing Second Life.
How many: one
Proof: Feng Lan starts playing Second Life, a new virtual reality game as Prince, a warrior class, and wields a rather unique black sword.
Source:MAL Page
Banner: Please make it for me~
Banner Picture: Here or Here or Here

Character: Shiki Ryougi
Anime/Manga: Kara no Kyoukai
Story: She is a teenage girl who possesses the "Mystic Eyes of Death Perception", a supernatural ability that allows the user to see the inherent mortality of everything (both living and non-living) in the form of lines. In her case, however, what she sees is the Origin of what she is observing. She assists the Garan no Do agency in handling paranormal cases when combat is required.
Sword Type: Japanese katana
Sword's name: Kanesada Kuji
Proof:Araya notes this, in the sense that she's not a knife-fighter, but a swordswoman
Source: Typemoon Wiki
Banner picture: Here
xxzzyyJul 20, 2010 4:19 AM

Jul 19, 2010 8:50 PM

Jan 2009
Character: Saber
Anime/Manga: Fate/Stay Night
Story: "She is Shirou's Servant, an agile but powerful warrior."
Sword's name: Caliburn/Excalibur
Proof: "She wields the legendary holy sword Excalibur"
source: MAL

Character: Kuchiki Rukia
Story: "Rukia is a Soul Reaper in the 13th Division under Jūshirō Ukitake."
Sword Type: katana (zanpakuto)
Sword's name: Sode no Shirayuki
Proof: "Rukia's zanpakutō, Sode no Shirayuki, is released with the command "dance". In its released state the blade becomes completely white and a ribbon forms from the pommel, earning it the recognition as the most beautiful zanpakutō in Soul Society."
source: Wiki
Banner picture: Here or Here
LaulalyJul 19, 2010 9:31 PM
Jul 19, 2010 8:57 PM
Nov 2007
Airo_Rokkuhauto said:
Character: Tidus (No MAL page)
Anime/Manga: Final Fantasy
Story: " Star player of the Zanarkand Abes. His attacks lack power due to his inexperience with the sword. Speed is his greatest asset. As a child he was a crybaby, and tears still come to him easily."
Sword type: Longswords
Sword's name: By default, it is the Brotherhood; his strongest sword is the Caladbolg.
Proof: "Tidus is the classical Warrior character of the party and uses basic Swords and Shields during battle."
Visive proof: 1 2
Picture: =3 =3

i'm sorry Airo but FF isnt a manga/anime >.<
charas from videogames aren't accepted.
however are accepted charas which are from videogames turned into an anime or manga. u'll have to change ur second claim chara :/

Thank you for telling me =] Hopefully, this one will count...

Character: Xion
Anime/Manga: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Story: "Xion is the fourteenth member of Organization XIII and first appears in the game Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, in which she could be viewed as both a main protagonist and antagonist."
Sword Type: Keyblades
Sword's name: She can wield many, but by default, it is the Kingdom Key.
Proof: "As Roxas's Replica, Xion can wield the Keyblade. She wields her weapon fairly skillfully, being able to disarm Axel."
Source: KH Wikia
Banner: No, thank you =3
Airo_RokkuhautoJul 19, 2010 9:10 PM
Jul 19, 2010 11:50 PM

Dec 2009
Claim #2

Character: D
Anime/Manga: Vampire Hunter D
Story: The vampire hunter, D, often uses his longsword when out fighting his foes
Sword Type: Longsword
Sword's name: I don't believe it's ever mentioned
Proof: "He is renowned for his consummate skill...D..wields a crescent longsword...the sword has a hefty length, similar to that of a Japanese nodachi." (Wiki)
Banner picture:
OnyxEyes3Jul 19, 2010 11:55 PM
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Jul 20, 2010 1:16 AM

Apr 2009

post to skip, claim fixed later!
EtnaEracleaJul 25, 2010 3:43 AM
Jul 20, 2010 1:46 AM

Apr 2010
GoldenEvatricexx said:

Character: Suigintou (MAL page will be added tomorrow)
Anime/Manga: Rozen Maiden
Story: One of the many things her wings can do is to transform to a large sword.She's often seen using it
Sword's name: Not mentiopned
Proof: Along with her artificial spirit, Meimei, Suigintou's weapons are her ragged black wings. With their arrow-like feathers, she can conjure up a shield, a large sword, or even twin black dragons
Visive Proof:
Banner picture:Will be added either later or tomorrow, sorry T.T

I'd like to change my 2nd claim

Character: Youmu Konpaku
Anime/Manga: Touhou Bougetsushou ~ Silent Sinner in Blue
Story: Youmu has a straight-forward and focused personality, which complements her swordsmanship abilities well.
How many: Two
Sword's name: Roukanken and Hakurouken
Proof: Youmu commonly wields two blades at once, having studied some under her father, Youki. The longer blade, called (Roukanken) - Tower-Watching Sword, is said to be able to kill ten ghosts in one swipe; the shorter blade, (Hakurouken) - White Tower Sword, is able to cleave through a person's own confusion. However, not much is known about her particular style of swordsmanship, or her parents. What is known is that Youki, also a servant of Hakugyokurou, had begun training a very young Youmu (possibly as a child?) when he suddenly disappeared one day, leaving her style incomplete (and presumably causing her to teach herself) (From her MAL page,linked above)
Pic:

Thank you, and sorry for the trouble
JunoInfernaJul 20, 2010 1:58 AM
Jul 20, 2010 1:50 AM

Dec 2008
Swordsman UPDATED

----------------------------------------------

To be Fixed Claims:
#2461 zerochances [change saito's pic with a better one please >.<]
#2478 HotaruKara [add a second proof and banner pic]

Rejected Claims: [Check ur post to know why]
#2478 HotaruKara

Note for:
@OnyxEyes3 ye, Sesshomaru accepted since u claimed him with the hurting swords ones :D
@AiroRokkuhauto hmm, i noticed only now what is meant for "keyblade" i'll keep the claims under pending for a while, need to consult staf :3 however, tell me, is this keyblade used like a sword and do hurt?o.o

Jul 20, 2010 2:45 AM

Mar 2009
Tailee said:

Character: Toudou Heisuke
Anime/Manga: Hakuouki
Story: He's a member of the Shinsengumi
How many: Two (One of them is a reserve I think ^^'' He doesn't use them both at the same time, but he carries around two)
Visive Proof: As well as being of the main characters in Hakuouki he has a quite high spot within the Shinsengumi and you don't get a status like that if you're not a skilled swordsman ^^
Banner: Yes Please~
Banner picture: 1 * 2 * 3

I'm gonna be a pain in the ass and ask you if it's possible for me to change my second claim~? ^^ Felt like being slightly over polite XD

Character: Kiku Honda (a.k.a Japan)
Anime/Manga: Hetalia Axis Powers
Story: Since he is the nation of Japan his character is made to be skilled with a Katana, do to old Japanese history of samurai's and such.
Sword type: Katana
Proof:

Visive proof: Just to be on the safe side

Banner: Yes Please~
Picture: Here~
TaileeJul 20, 2010 2:50 AM
Jul 20, 2010 6:17 AM

Jan 2009
nitaroxxs said:
Character: Soi Fon
Story: Soi Fon is the Commander-in-chief of the Onmitsukidō and the captain of the 2nd Division in the Gotei 13
Sword Type: Katana (Zanpakuto)
Sword's name: Suzumebachi
Proof: "Soifon is masterful in swordsmanship, usually only employing her Zanpakutō when she faces a opponent with a drawn weapon"

I just noticed that Katsura wasn't taken anymore, I'd like to change my second claim if possible please ^^

Character: Katsura Kotaro
Anime/Manga: Gintama
Story: "He is a highly skilled samurai who fought alongside Gintoki in the Joui War and was his childhood classmate under the same tutelage of Yoshida Shouyou"
Proof: "Although he is an expert swordsman, his weapon of choice is a grenade"
Picture: Here, here or here

Sorry for the trouble!
nitaroxxsJul 20, 2010 6:56 AM
Jul 20, 2010 6:52 AM

Jun 2009
HotaruKara said:
Character: Kusuriuri http://myanimelist.net/character/2865/Kusuriuri
Anime/Manga: Mononoke
Story: He carries around a large wooden box filled with medicine and holy tools.
Sword's name:
Proof: He carries around a large wooden box filled with medicine and holy tools. Among them is an enchanted sword that is used to slay the mononoke. To use the sword, the Medicine Seller must find the "Katachi" (shape), "Makoto" (truth), and "Kotowari" (reasoning) of the mononoke he wishes to exorcise. Once the sword has been unsheathed, he transforms into a demonic-like creature.
Banner: Yes
Banner picture: soon

Hm, since he has an enchanted sword..can u add another proof which affirm that his sword actually do hurt?
oh and also the banner pic of course!
Sankyu

Character: Kenshin Himura http://myanimelist.net/character/147/Kenshin_Himura
Story: However, before full completion of the sword style could be passed on to Kenshin, the Japanese Revolution had been happening at the time and right before Kenshin's eyes.
Proof: However, his swordsmanship ranks among the elite as he is seen defeating every rival (with the exception of Hajime Saitou which ended in a draw). His battle senses are top-notch and he recognizes even the slightest of advantages, strategies and tactics during a sword battle.

Title:
Banner picture: soon

Kenshin is already claimed!

Okay...

The proof for Kusuriuri...: He carries around a large wooden box filled with medicine and holy tools. Among them is an enchanted sword that is used to slay the mononoke.

The Medicine Seller exterminates the mononoke at Genkei's request and restores calm to the Dragon's Triangle.

Proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mononoke_(TV_series)
Picture:

Character: Trunks Briefs http://myanimelist.net/character/2707/Trunks_Briefs
Anime/Manga: Dragon Ball Z
Story: Trunks is the son of Bulma and Vegeta. Half Saiyajin and half human, just like Gohan and Goten.
Proof: Trunks is also known for his use of his longsword which he keeps mounted across his back.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trunks_Briefs
Title:
Banner picture:

Arigatou & I hope now is alright ^^

for banner maker: both banners to make!
EtnaEracleaJul 21, 2010 2:17 AM
Jul 20, 2010 7:59 AM

Mar 2009
Character: Sephiroth
Anime/Manga: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Story: Was once a member of SOLDIER
Sword's name: Masamune
Proof: "and the Masamune, his seven-foot long katana he is rarely seen without."
Banner picture:

Character: Shinpachi Nagakura
Anime/Manga: Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Story: He's part of the Shinsengumi, a group of samurai/special police force.
Sword's name: N/A
Proof: "He is very skilled with the sword"

Thank you :)
YamiLoireJul 20, 2010 9:36 AM

{{ TCO }} {{ ACP }} {{ TSC }} {{ LAC }}
Jul 20, 2010 11:37 AM

Feb 2009
#3 (staff bonus)
Character: Toshizo Hijikata
Anime/Manga: Hakuoki
Story: He is second-in-command of the Shinsengumi and he is often seen protecting the main character.
Sword's name: N/A
Proof: "Weapon: Sword"
Banner: I'll make my own :)
Jul 20, 2010 11:41 AM
Nov 2007
EtnaEraclea said:
@AiroRokkuhauto hmm, i noticed only now what is meant for "keyblade" i'll keep the claims under pending for a while, need to consult staf :3 however, tell me, is this keyblade used like a sword and do hurt?o.o

"As the name implies, in combat, Keyblades are used in a manner similar to swords. Despite the fact that most possess no actual blade, Keyblades still make efficient combat weapons and are shown to be particularly effective weapons against both Heartless and Nobodies." (Source: KH Wikia)

Etna, you can consult Farethy since she has already claimed Roxas, a character who also wields a keyblade =]
Airo_RokkuhautoJul 20, 2010 11:53 AM
Jul 20, 2010 12:32 PM

Dec 2008
Swordsman UPDATED

To be Fixed Claims:
--

--

Note for:
@OnyxEyes3 ye, Sesshomaru accepted since u claimed him with the hurting swords ones :D
@AiroRokkuhauto yea, i received some infos too about them being used as swords and on the fact that they do hurt :D accepted don't worry ♥

Charas now free to being claimed:
- Soi Fon [Bleach]
- Toudou Heisuke [Hakuouki]

Jul 20, 2010 1:03 PM

Jul 2008
Character: Juliet Fiammata Asto Capulet
Anime/Manga: Romeo X Juliet
Story: Juliet Capulet is the last surviving member of the Capulet family. She disgusies herself as Odin, to not be recongized by the House of Montague who are still after any trance of remaining Capulets.
Sword type: sword
Proof: "An excellent swordsman, she also masquerades as a vigilante, the Red Whirlwind, in order to aid the people oppressed by the rival Montagues." MAL page
Pic:
EarthStarJul 20, 2010 1:13 PM
Jul 20, 2010 3:07 PM

Jun 2009
Character: Luka Crosszeria
Anime/Manga: Uragiri wa boku no namae wa shitteiru
Story: Hes a Duras and have a demon sword
Sword's name: ??????Unknown
Proof: more here ~~

Addon visive proof: Pic here
Banner picture:

Character: Grimmjow Jeagerjaques
Story: 6th Espada
Sword Type: Zanpakuto[=katana]
Sword's name: Pantera
Proof: Expert Swordsmanship Specialist: Although he usually prefers hand-to-hand combat, Grimmjow is also able to fight effectively with his Zanpakutō as well. here
Banner picture: Here or here

i hope the grimmjow pic is okay and thanks alot

Grimmjow's pic isn't ok ^^" it's clearly recognizable that the word he's stopping is not his own :P
*chara must be with his sword in the pic*
however there are many pics of him with his own real sword here pick up one of good quality and come back fixing ur claim please :3

grimm's claim fixed later on with a better pic

EtnaEracleaJul 25, 2010 3:48 AM
Jul 20, 2010 8:54 PM

Sep 2008
Character: Haru Glory
Anime/Manga: Groove Adventure Rave
Story: . Haru was chosen as the second generation Rave Master by Rave. When he realizes the true threat that Demon Card are to the world, he then promised Shiba that he will complete the collection of Rave and end all of Demon Card's evil.
Sword Type: sword... a big one~ :)
Sword's name: Ten Commandments
Proof: He is very skilled in fighting with his sword, the Ten Powers/Commandments
Banner: please make it for me^^
Banner picture:
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
Jul 21, 2010 3:21 AM

Jan 2010
Character: Soujiro Seta
Story: His natural-born sword talents emerged while he was sheltering Makoto Shishio, who had at the time just barely survived an assassination attempt.
Sword Type: katana
Proof: As a master swordsman of his own style, Soujirou's abilities have earned him the nickname of "Heaven's Sword"
Banner: please make it for me ! :D
Banner picture:

Character: Aoshi Shinomori
Story: Shinomori Aoshi was raised a ninja of the Oniwabanshū
Sword Type: Kodachi
Proof: Aoshi's weapon of choice is a kodachi, a sword that is described in the series to act like a shield...
Banner: please make it for me ! :D
Banner picture:

thanks ! :D
planestovenusJul 21, 2010 3:24 AM
Jul 21, 2010 4:17 AM

Jun 2008
Character: Lloyd Irving
Anime/Manga: Tales of Symphonia
Story:Lloyd Irving is an irresponsible, and brash young man, but also a gentle idealist who wishes for peace in the world.He accompanies Colette as one of her guardians on her Journey of Regeneration.
Sword Type: Twin Swords
How many: Two
Proof: A young warrior who is a fair leader and strong optimist. Lloyd focuses on dealing melee physical damage, with concentrations in speed and combo building. Attacks such as Sonic Thrust and Sword Rain reflect his faster movements during battle, while sacrificing his damage output and durability, especially when compared to Presea Combatir. Like most swordsmen, his only ranged capabilities involve Demon Fang and related artes.
Banner picture:

Character: Cless Alvein
Anime/Manga: Tales of Phantasia
Story: A swordsman living in the village of Toltus. This son of the local sword fighting school's master has practiced sword fighting since he was a small child. .Cress is a kind and caring person with a great sense of justice and a desire to do good.
Sword Type: Swords
Proof: Cress is a seventeen year-old swordsman from the small village of Toltus. He is the son of Miguel Albane, a famous swordsman and master of the local sword fighting school. As such, he has practiced sword fighting since he was a young child .Cress, being the traditional swordsman, uses swords and other blades in battle using the "Albane School of Sword Fighting.
Banner picture:

Jul 21, 2010 5:27 AM

Sep 2008
Character: Squall Leonhart
Anime/Manga: Kingdom Hearts
Story: He chose to train with the gunblade, which is a difficult weapon to master and takes years of training
Sword Type: Gunblade
Sword's name: Lion Heart :)
Proof: "Uses a sword called a gunblade. Special skill is Renzokuken, using the gunblade. Silent, and a bit cold."
Banner: please make it for me^^
Banner picture:

i'm sorry but he's already claimed >.<
EtnaEracleaJul 21, 2010 11:00 AM
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
Jul 21, 2010 7:16 AM

Feb 2009
Character: Charles Grey
Anime/Manga: Kuroshitsuji
Story: He is a member of Queen Victoria's Private Secretarial Officers and her butler.
Sword's name: No name.
Visive Proof: Here, here and here.
Banner: Make one for me, please.
Banner picture: http://static.zerochan.net/600/00/10/105500.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.zerochan.net/105500&usg=__V21ZOs7giFGb6zKvBw0qpIlQ4i8=&h=600&w=414&sz=79&hl=en&start=39&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=Um_0s7KesgGnQM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcharles%2Bkuroshitsuji%26start%3D20%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1">here
Jul 21, 2010 9:11 AM

Dec 2008
Character: Iaru
Anime: Kemono no Souja Erin
Category: Swordsman
Story: He is a member of the Seh-zan, part of the Shin-Oh's bodyguards. It takes many years of training to become a Seh-zan.
Swords name: None
Visive Proof: here, here, and here
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jul 21, 2010 11:08 AM

Dec 2008
Swordsman UPDATED

To be Fixed Claims: [Check ur post to know why]
#2503 Kannei

#2504 enya07

Note for:
@AiroRokkuhauto yea, i received some infos too about them being used as swords and on the fact that they do hurt :D accepted don't worry ♥

Charas now free to being claimed:
- Soi Fon [Bleach]
- Toudou Heisuke [Hakuouki]

Jul 21, 2010 12:30 PM

Aug 2008
Character: Neliel Tu Oderschvank
Story: Her sword transforms into a double-ended white lance, giving her the appearance of a medieval knight or a jouster
Sword Type: Sword(Zanpakuto)
Sword's name: Gamuza
Proof: "Nelliel's zanpakutō, which manifests when she transforms, is named Gamuza, Spanish for "chamois", Japanese for "antelope knight")."
source

Character: Ulquiorra Cifer
Story: Ulquiorra is a male arrancar with a melancholic appearance. Ulquiora is the 4th ranked espada.
Sword Type: Sword(Zanpakuto)
Sword's name: Murciélago
Proof:

Source
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2010 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
Character: Inuyasha http://myanimelist.net/character/1353/Inuyasha
Anime/Manga: Inuyasha
Story: Inuyasha is a half demon who wishes to become a whole demon. He gets pinned to a tree by a priestess, but then is released later by the priestess's reincarnation. They then end up going on a journey together to collect all the shards of a jewel that would allow him to become all demon.
Sword Type: Long Sword (I think? ^^" either that, or an oversized Katana)
Proof: "He wields the Tesusaiga (pronounced "Tetsaiga" in the American dub), a supernatural sword made from one of his deceased father's fangs.....He has mastered different abilities for his sword including the red tetsusiaga that can destroy barriers and also learning the backlash wave which hurls an opponents demonic energy right back at it." (MAL)
Banner: Please make it~! <3
Banner picture:

Character: Renji Abarai
Anime/Manga: Tales of Phantasia
Story: A swordsman living in the village of Toltus. This son of the local sword fighting school's master has practiced sword fighting since he was a small child. .Cress is a kind and caring person with a great sense of justice and a desire to do good.
Sword Type: Swords
Proof: "Willing to fight, kill, and die for whatever he believes in, Renji is a dangerous man to those who stand in his way. He's also one of the only Vice Captains to achieve bankai....Renji's zanpakutō is Zabimaru. Zabimaru is a nue (a baboon with a snake tail), hence his name. Zabimaru's spirit is portrayed as battle-loving and proud, similar in personality to Renji." (Wiki)
Banner: Please make it~! <3
Banner picture:

please include the chara's mal page!
...and.. write the right anime he's from :D
fix it before the category's end!
---
Update: >.< category is closed, u didnt fix it in time :/ i'm sorry but renji claim cant count.
EtnaEracleaJul 26, 2010 12:35 PM

Badges: CCO || TCO || ACP || TSC || OEC || UC || TES
Jul 21, 2010 5:25 PM

Jun 2009
Kannei said:

Character: Grimmjow Jeagerjaques
Story: 6th Espada
Sword Type: Zanpakuto[=katana]
Sword's name: Pantera
Proof: Expert Swordsmanship Specialist: Although he usually prefers hand-to-hand combat, Grimmjow is also able to fight effectively with his Zanpakutō as well. here
Banner picture: Here / (alternative link here) // or this (but is more hard to work with since the sword is far away from the face)

i hope the grimmjow pic is okay and thanks alot

I canged the grimmjow pic i

Staff note: i'm sorry kannei the screen you provided was really insane to work with (besides the low quality), and his sword wasnt even show "hold" by him..there was just a piece of his sword >.> really not the best, i changed the pics by myself with some accepted by staff
EtnaEracleaJul 25, 2010 3:54 AM
Jul 23, 2010 11:35 AM

Mar 2008
Character: Balmung
Anime/Manga: .hackLegend of the Twilight
Category: Swordsman
Story:He is the Knight of the Azure Sky
Sword Type: Long sword
Proof: http://th01.deviantart.com/fs4/300W/i/2004/269/a/2/_hack_Balmung_by_thefenrir.jpg http://ui09.gamespot.com/1000/balmung_2.jpg http://static.minitokyo.net/view/32/36/136832.jpg?.hack%2F%2FLegend+of+the+Twilight(couldn't find quote :/)
Banner: please, make it for me
Pic:
kagome19Jul 23, 2010 12:49 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (198) « First ... « 48 49 [50] 51 52 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » [C.C.O.] Finished Banners ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

EtnaEraclea - Oct 19, 2009

4064 by cookies05 »»
Feb 27, 2016 4:19 AM

» [Obsession] Text Claiming~

EtnaEraclea - Sep 28, 2014

6 by Phraze »»
Apr 17, 2015 12:44 AM

» [Game] Corrupt a wish... ~

10 by Rhiannon-Senpai »»
Dec 28, 2014 4:23 AM

Sticky: » » [Urgent] Recruiting Staff: Club needs YOUR help - Do u want a job? OPEN ( 1 2 3 )

EtnaEraclea - Nov 3, 2009

107 by SibbyChu »»
Oct 8, 2014 8:13 PM

» [Announcement] Hiatus ~ However with the hope to come back someday stronger than ever.

1 by annabloem »»
Sep 29, 2014 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.