Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2014 3:58 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wait, that's it? She already knew he was in love with Michiru but the final panel...

HUH?
Dec 29, 2014 5:48 PM

Apr 2012
Troll ending? lol

7/10

Dec 29, 2014 8:21 PM

Dec 2013
That ending man.. I love it.
Can't handle my true feelings anymore
just smiling like a manic here
so happy
This is Kuma-san ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ/
He often hangs around with me, so say "Hi!" to him too.

connected ties cannot be cut
not without paying an equal price

Watanuki, Kimihiro - xxxHolic: Rei
Dec 29, 2014 8:34 PM
RNGod

Jul 2009
dat ending lol
Dec 29, 2014 10:49 PM

Jul 2013
Thought the whole "I'm in Love with Michiru" thing was a bit much. Kind of makes the mc wishy washy; you're in love with Fuuko, now you're in love with Michiru...

Bonus material not very original - rip off of Warner Bros Merrie Melodies ("Duck Amuck" episode)....
Dec 30, 2014 12:20 AM

Jun 2014
Ending was really open ended
Dec 30, 2014 9:35 AM

Apr 2014
This is why I hate this ending.
F**** MC

Dec 30, 2014 9:47 AM

May 2013
Lol that ending. He's fallen in love with Michiru. I had a feeling that was gonna happen. He should just be with Fuuko.
Dec 30, 2014 10:41 PM

Jul 2013
In case people did not know, there were 6 pages missing from the end. It's been fixed. It starts after Fuuko says it's my turn to steal you.

I wouldn't say it's an open end per say. Yes the mc is a douche but Fuuko resolves to "steal" him back and on the next page says she loves him. So unless he's a complete friggin' idiot, they will end up together.

I fault the author for pushing that crap. It didn't fit the story, he shouldn't have tried. Just let Hamura feel sad for the loss of a close friend, nothing more. Pushing the love angle did not fit the character. Especially after he said he loved Fuuko.
Jan 14, 2015 6:54 AM

Apr 2008
Yeah, the reverse confession sort of took me by surprise.

But after some thought, I'm thinking instead, it's more like 'love as an author', perhaps. That's why he wanted to really write her story and so on.
Feb 21, 2015 3:20 PM

Jun 2014
Eh.. The author doesn't know how to end this series. He made the mc incredibly stupid. Lol
I rooted for Michiru but the end confession just ruined the ending.

5/10
Mar 7, 2015 7:57 AM

Dec 2012
It was going great, tell he said he is in love with Michiru..

Good manga overall, might be a bit cliche in a lot of areas, but the great art, makes it enjoyable, and I liked the bit about the MC being bullied, made him a bit more memorable and not so generic. Them blushes with the senpai were 10/10

Only thing I disliked was the ending.

7/10
May 14, 2015 9:37 AM

Jun 2013
plot was decent but the ending is so bad and retarded.

as the story goes on suddently some random plot with the MC going back to what he did in the past with those silly destroy the world stuff came. so the girl had to sacrifice, what a retarded way to end a manga that way lol.

Jul 9, 2015 11:19 AM

Jan 2014
I suspect this series got canceled. A cancellation would explain the rushed ending.

I mean, up until chapter 28 there was plot and character development. A new character (Amu) who was initially hostile to MC appeared and then her impression of him got better. I got the impression that Amu might play a bigger role in future chapters. Maybe the mangaka meant to pit Amu against her creator as fellow love rivals.

Then we got to see the MC's "dark past" when they went for that beach trip. The MC grew a bit back there when he challenged his middle-school bullies. He showed promise. To me, the MC character stopped being so vanilla boring when I saw his role as a victim. What other characters or stories might he write about next, was what I thought.

And then, perhaps the series got low ratings and got canceled*. The author probably received something like a 5-chapter warning so he wrapped it up with one 5-chapter story arc.

Which, you have to admit, was a cop out ending. What with the end-of-the-world scenario and removing two major characters at once. Just like that. Destroying the shrine? What a cop out ending!

I want all 3 of them to graduate high school!!!

* Watch Bakuman to understand how it works.
Jul 9, 2015 6:42 PM

Jan 2014
Also, at the inn when Michiru fell asleep at 9 pm sharp as usual, Yuuri realized that while he's free to choose who to love, Michiru did not enjoy the same freedom. It's his fault, he realized.

I think if this series were to continue, he would be more unsure and more interesting to watch. I mean, in the earlier chapters, he was so sure of his love for Fuuko that the Michiru thing was just one-sided on Michiru's part. But once he realized he might be in love with Michiru, things might get more interesting.

Too bad the series got canceled. I want to know about Michiru's other settings!
Jul 9, 2015 6:48 PM

Jan 2014
And yes, I agree. The ending was pretty stupid.

I would have revived Michiru and Amu if I were the author. Probably devote a couple of pages showing Fuuko doing research on gods of literature in Japan. Then get them to visit a new shrine elsewhere. Ending scene maybe showing Yuuri, Fuuko, Michiru and Amu fleeing the scene after local residents living near the shrine came by to investigate freak storm that suddenly appeared over their shrine.
Jul 24, 2015 3:27 PM

Jan 2012
The ending was too rushed. I felt more on the side of Michiru, but it seemed to confused. Obviously, he would probably get back together with Fuuko. It was such a plain ending, for such an interesting plot and set up. The ending was unsatisfying, despite it being built up strongly with a good climax. It honestly just went downhill after that.
teen drinking is very, very bad.
Jan 20, 2016 9:40 AM

Jan 2012
4/10 For me. It started very promising and had an overall very good premise , however it failed to deliver and just left a lot of things untouched.

I'm feel as if this series was axed just based on how certain characters were totally left ignored after build up etc.

I guess the author at least ended it okay , however I personally am disappointed with the ending and feel like a lot of potential was lost.
Jul 31, 2016 2:08 PM

Nov 2011
Can't say I'm happy with the whole "I love Michiru" thing.. I think it's obvious they will end up together, I just would've liked seeing it.
Feel free to suggest me new series on my profile or through pm, or send me anything else really and let's have a chat
Sep 14, 2016 7:37 PM
Sep 2016
For me theres something wrong or lacking in the plot..
so here the MC is a weirdo who loves grasping fantacy than reality-this is good now we need to see how he will get mature to let go on his fantacy to face the reality.
His character creation became real(michiru)- it would be best if the story was made fucos to this two how yoori feel so happy that michiru became reality.
Fuoko-will be the reality opponent against michiru. Helping yoori to get over with those unreal things and face reality.

ENDING: michiru will desappear giving yoori the courage to live on reality.and to be loved and love someone that is real than her.

What the author did was letting his MC go BACK on square one again theres no changes at all to be honest.
Feb 28, 2018 3:30 PM

Jan 2014
The power of cancelations stikes again. Rushed endings is my bane overall 10/10. 6/10 ending
Sep 18, 2023 7:56 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2016:

Oct 15, 2023 9:46 PM
May 2022
i'm glad the author didn't cop out and bring michiru back somehow. yuuri readjusting to life in the "real" world is probably the best thing for his character. the tank end was also pretty funny, no notes. shame it clearly got axed

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Kanojo wa Fiction desu. Chapter 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2014

2 by psyche-K »»
Oct 15, 2023 5:23 PM

Poll: » Kono Kanojo wa Fiction desu Chapter 2 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Apr 25, 2012

4 by psyche-K »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Kono Kanojo wa Fiction desu Chapter 1 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 16, 2011

12 by psyche-K »»
Oct 14, 2023 10:43 PM

Poll: » Kono Kanojo wa Fiction desu. Chapter 32 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

3 by babymilo91 »»
Dec 8, 2014 9:35 AM

Poll: » Kono Kanojo wa Fiction desu. Chapter 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

4 by julyan »»
Nov 24, 2014 5:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.