Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 27, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was great. I thought Takeshi did a good job with the way he played his music. I found his reaction towards Arima's praise to be quite amusing.

It was really nice to see Emi perform in the second half of the episode though. Her red dress is beautiful and she put a lot of feelings into that piano play. Great episode overall and right now I have to say that Arima and Kaori got some high level competition.
Nov 27, 2014 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
KajiKaji's character's performance. Wow, there are so many fans! He's happy about the main guy praising him. The friend guy is liking Hayami-san's character, who is unstable. Two rivals' teachers are arguing.

Hayami-san's character's performance. She awed everyone.

Basically, both of them admired young main guy, so they see him as a rival to want to win.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 27, 2014 9:05 AM

Jun 2014
Beautiful Performance, Oh my.

Nov 27, 2014 9:49 AM
Jul 2012
Fun series
Nov 27, 2014 10:44 AM

Jul 2014
I think I'm going to like Takeshi and Emi. Both of them had beautiful performances that were bothered by too much dialogue. But beautiful nonetheless. Btw, the ending had way too loud of cheers compared to the number of people there lol it sounded like a superbowl game. Guess next up is Arima, can't wait!!
Nov 27, 2014 11:25 AM

Apr 2013

Oh man. Spectacular performances from both Takeshi and Emi. I've always loved them as Arima's rivals (especially tsun-Emi). It was a pleasure to see this animated.

Now, can Arima match them/not make a complete fool of himself.
Nov 27, 2014 11:34 AM

Aug 2013
Gaksital said:
Beautiful Performance, Oh my.

Great animation

And I don't think that performances are the best aspect of this anime.
The whole atmosphere, that thoughts and dialogues are essence of show! Classical music is just a distant background for great storyline and characters development.
rsc-plNov 27, 2014 12:04 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 27, 2014 11:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm out of words.
Nov 27, 2014 11:44 AM

Jan 2013
That was wonderful to hear and see the two playing. I can't wait for Kousei's performance.

Nov 27, 2014 11:44 AM
Apr 2014
Dat was pretty amazing.

Loving Emi so much.

5/5 as usual, waiting for Kousei's performance next episode~

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 27, 2014 11:51 AM

Jun 2013
Chopin Etude Op 25 No 11 is sooo good ;)

Loved this episode, looking forward to seeing Arima's performance even though it's not gonna be that good :/
Nov 27, 2014 11:52 AM

Oct 2013
Lol if any middle schooler played like Emi, they'd be considered the next best classical pianist. At least the tempo of the Winter Wind was not as fast which shows she still needs improvement with dexterity because usually the Winter Wind is played slightly more quick. Also, the feelings of anger and loneliness that was recommended can be very well portrayed by this etude. Good job to the writer and director. Loved it
Nov 27, 2014 11:53 AM
Aug 2014
Awesome performances! GAWWD DAMMIT. Gotta wait another week for Arima to play, but he'll probably lose, it's too early in the show for him to be winning. It is definitely true that you excel when you have rivals.
Nov 27, 2014 11:55 AM
Oct 2013
Emi and Takeshi both played so beautifully. Love the inner monologues...it is really bringing these characters to life. Can't wait to see how Arima-kun plays XD
Nov 27, 2014 11:56 AM

Aug 2010
Good stuff :3

Takeshi and Emi's performances were really good. For some reason I can't see Arima living up to par ^^; Should be interesting seeing how good he is after these couple of years of blank and his handicap.

Kaori's reaction to Emi was pretty interesting.

Totally loved the OST that was playing before Emi started her performance
Nov 27, 2014 11:58 AM

Aug 2013
Lichtspiel said:
That was wonderful to hear and see the two playing. I can't wait for Kousei's performance.

Yeah, I hope that he will not screw up it...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 27, 2014 12:01 PM

Jan 2011
So much Chopin, I'm happy.
Nov 27, 2014 12:02 PM

Jul 2010
>.<

Learning about Takeshi and Emi's attachment towards Arima!

Takayanagi and Ryouta is pretty shallow in their own right :P

Arima with his first concert before being converted ^^ He was really cute and Emi falling for that! Her anger and loneliness and wanting that Arima to come back. Emi with her performance and she looked really pretty too with the dress and her hair down.

Both magnificent performances by the two! I like Emi's reason for chasing after Arima more ^^ Bringing the old Arima back, I really am looking forward to Arima playing his own true style.
Nov 27, 2014 12:03 PM

Apr 2014
So that was actually like that! I thought Takeshi Aiza was so cool just like the manga suggest but when he played the piano was too lame!

The thing I didn't expect was Emi Igawa! the way she played the piano was fantastic! It's really better than Takeshi Aiza!

And what those two have the same goal! It was to take Kosei's attention!

Wait why is Emi Igawa's back story was incomplete?! Well it be better to show it on the next episode or RIOT!
All in all a good episode! Can't really wait for Kosei's performance next week!
RayzerNov 27, 2014 12:06 PM
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 27, 2014 12:06 PM

Oct 2012
Emi's performance was so breath-taking.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Nov 27, 2014 12:13 PM
Feb 2013
I feel like I've just seen something so good I can't put words onto it.

Breathtaking performance. I was mesmerized for a while.

I don't care if it's just hand drawing, Emi is gorgeous. Gorgeous

Is Kousei going to be overwhelmed or are we going to be blown away?
xikarraNov 27, 2014 1:08 PM
Nov 27, 2014 12:14 PM

Sep 2012
Damn that piano was nice.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 27, 2014 12:29 PM

Jul 2013
Emi's dress and that black piano. Great view.
Excellent performances by both Takeshi and Emi. :D
Nov 27, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2012
Lovely anime.
Nov 27, 2014 12:46 PM

Dec 2011
I can't wait to hear Takeshi play the piano and see how good he actually is since he refused going to Germany to show Kousei how good he is.

Hmmm, I must admit that Takeshi's better than I thought he would be and it nice seeing that he admired Kousei.

Dat Takeshi Brigade of fangirls doe...

Dude... Watari... really?

Damn... Emi's looking really cute in that red dress :3

Awww, lil' Kousei was like a robot XD.

So Emi decided to start playing the piano because of young Kousei eh...

Ok... Kousei x Emi!!!!

Emi's performance was really something else to be honest :o

Oh c'mon... we have to wait another week to hear Kousei's performance... geez...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 27, 2014 1:12 PM

Dec 2013
I got goosebumps throughout the entire episode. Loved it.
Eh
Nov 27, 2014 1:22 PM

Feb 2014
Those performances were outstanding (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Takeshi shaking after his performance was over.

Watari fanboying over Emi even before she got up on stage.

That talk between the two mentors.

Aw, that flashback to Kousei's first performance.

Kaori understanding Emi.

Ah~ can't wait to see Kousei play.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Nov 27, 2014 1:27 PM

Apr 2011
I loved this episode so much. That choplin was full of epicness and also the song that played before Emi preformed. Great music and animation as always.
Nov 27, 2014 1:27 PM

Apr 2011
I loved this episode so much. That choplin was full of epicness and also the song that played before Emi preformed. Great music and animation as always.
Nov 27, 2014 1:54 PM

Oct 2013
what an enticing episode
next episode we get to hear arima plat can't wait (though i half expect him to fuck up)
More Kaori please!!!
overall great episode!!!!!!! more this anime is amazing so far this season
[/quote]
Nov 27, 2014 2:06 PM
Apr 2011
Shaniyaz said:
Even though I still don't like Takeshi that much, (just like Watari) gotta admit that he nailed "Chopin: Étude in C-sharp minor, Op. 10, No. 4" almost perfectly! Great performance!
Lol'd at him rolling down and getting flattered once Kousei complimented him! XD

Emi looked pretty with that red dress! Nice seeing her part of the story regarding Kousei. Little Kousei's nervousness was pretty funny and cute!
Ultimately, she feels just like Takeshi and wants to surpass (more like reject) Kousei with her piano. It's not like he'll propose to you or anything. :3

Her performance of "Chopin: Étude in A minor, Op. 25, No. 11" was just as awesome! It's hard to decide the best between her and Takeshi.
Of course, we have yet to see our Master Pianist Arima Kousei's greatness. I can only imagine how epic his performance would be once he gets back his old form!

Great episode! I wish this show would also release a 1 hr. special like the other top series did this season.

Personally I prefer takeshi's op. 10 no.4. I'm no pro, but if I were to rank the two based on my own preferences, I'd give takeshi a 9/10 (cuz there is no perfection, you can always do better) and maybe a 7/10 for Emi's performance. It's a bit too soft and feminine for "winter wind".

I can see it now (I didn't read the manga): Kousei's Wrong notes will start off like a metronome as he used to be with the audience thinking "sasuga arima-kun", then as he stops hearing the music, he starts going off beat and playing "horribly", surprising the audience and especially Emi and Takeshi.

Then in part B of the piece, he remembers Kaori, and starts playing wildly and emotionally like she does, surprising everyone even more. It'll be extremely "good", but not concour material.
Nov 27, 2014 2:16 PM

Dec 2012
When they cut for commercial I said "We don't need your life story!"
Aaaaaaaaaaand I spoke too soon. . .

Blondie was pretty great tough! I'm not getting into his character yet, might be the Kaji Yuki effect, but he's good!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Nov 27, 2014 2:26 PM

Nov 2007
Didn't feel this enthralled since Nodame! Both performances were equally amazing. I simply cannot wait for Arima to perform.

I think Arima will be very close to winning or will actually win in the end, since if he is well beaten by Takeshi, Kaji Yuki is heading to Germany and if he is well beaten by Emi, Hayami Saori will have successfully rejected him. You don't line up two well established seiyuus for 2-3 episodes. Just my two cents. :P
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 27, 2014 2:30 PM

Feb 2014
Balakirev said:
and maybe a 7/10 for Emi's performance. It's a bit too soft and feminine for "winter wind".

What feminine part you saw there?
Nov 27, 2014 2:41 PM

Mar 2012
Simply enthralling performances by Takeshi and Emi! O.O Seriously, I felt the urge to stand up and clap for them when they finished their pieces.

Very nice placement of the backstory of those two prior to and during their performances. It made it so they became that much more relatable to.

I was initially disappointed when I realized Kousei wasn't going to play for this episode, but I'm now really glad since they properly paced both of Takeshi's and Emi's performances. Kousei is up to bat next. Hope he puts up a decent performance, but who knows what to expect right now.
AceDvazzNov 28, 2014 1:31 AM
Nov 27, 2014 2:48 PM
Feb 2013
I've LOVED this episode. Both of them give us amazing performance.
Now, I want to see Kousei's play ! How will he react ?
I don't know, but I want to believe in him (I tought I will hear him play in this episode actually, I'm pretty sad, and I'm dying in the inside ^^)
Nov 27, 2014 2:48 PM

Dec 2013
This anime. Is. Beautiful.

I have no other way of describing this since its amazing and I am almost speechless.

The music played in this episode is amazing. 100% Amazing. I think I'm going to try to learn those two pieces once I'm finished with Moonlight Sonata Movement 3.

I loved both the rivals that uses Arima Kousei as the reason they climb to the top. Great performances. Its so good for both their mind and soul. Awesome.

Now. I cannot wait to see what Arima Kousei will bring to the stage next episode. Arghhh soo frustrating to have to wait. Got the SAT's coming too! Damnit! Anyways, I am sure this show will just become more and more amazing.

5/5 once again and I hope forever will be. This is perfect.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Nov 27, 2014 2:57 PM

Jul 2014
Another brilliant episode, but it would have been even better if we had heard Kousei play as well.

Also, was that a young Kaori next to Emi in her flashback of Kousei's first performance?
Nov 27, 2014 3:14 PM

Dec 2013
Wow. This ended too fast. That piece was great. Another week waiting for quality music combined with comedy. 5/5
Nov 27, 2014 3:44 PM

Jul 2007
God damn I want to learn the piano right now :|

That feeling when 20 mins feel like 2. Emis performance was godlike. I'm curious to see how Arima will be after he gets destroyed. Cause if Emi doesn't win that's the "lie" in the title :V
Nov 27, 2014 3:46 PM

Jul 2013
Yesss, they played 2 of my favorite etudes from Chopin,
and we have to wait another week to see Kousei perform,
I hope he doesn't have any missed notes hahhahahahaha because that's the name of the piece he's performing
lol
Nov 27, 2014 3:48 PM

Mar 2013
Impressive episode. I actually loved the atmosphere when Emi was playing.
Nov 27, 2014 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
stellar performances

emi was beautiful in that red dress but i can't say the same for Takeshi's hair lmao

Nov 27, 2014 4:10 PM

Oct 2014
Étude in A minor, Op. 25, No. 11, Winter Wind....

Raging emotion, just like a blizzard. You can hear the roar of the blizzard, but despite its loud roar and rage, what you feel is its coldness, striking to your bones with its loneliness. The blizzard is strong, but lonely. It is angry, but lonely. It is cold, and lonely.

4.5/5
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Nov 27, 2014 4:12 PM

Jul 2012
Emi performed was amazing.! She let the piano a blaze with her emotions. I cannot wait to see Kousei's performance next episode and how he compares to those two.

Great episode!!!
Nov 27, 2014 4:21 PM

Dec 2013
Takeshi's hair is lol. I could only dream of being able to play a Chopin piece someday. My fingers would probably fall off first.

Emi's performance was amazing, though I have to agree with some other people that the crowd was way too loud for the number of people in the theatre. She definitely deserved the wild cheers, but that was a little overdramatic.

Can't wait for Arima's performance! I don't really care if he screws up or magically does amazingly; I just want to see how everyone reacts to however his performance is.
Nov 27, 2014 4:30 PM

Nov 2010
I just can't shake it ... the feeling in the back of my head... it says 'this is great, but Nodame is the big sis'...

Which is not a bad thing, a fitting little sister to Nodame is still fucking awesome, but it is a little sister anyway.
(Hell i want the last arc of Nodame right now, animated in the same quality, this would probably blow my mind.)
Nov 27, 2014 4:30 PM

Jun 2013
5/5 Amazing episode

I seriously cant wait for the next!
Winners Don't Make Excuses

Nov 27, 2014 5:15 PM

Jul 2014
Emi was so good, omg. Really, really hoping Kousei lives up to their expectations and doesn't mess up. It would really suck to train for 2 years looking up to some kid, just to find out they are not good anymore.
Nov 27, 2014 5:24 PM
Jan 2014
Haha. So they skipped the Bach for both Aiza and Emi.

The only moment I lol-ed is when they tried over dramatised the reaction of Aiza's teacher and Arima before Emi plunged straight into the fast descending runs of Winter Wind. I mean, you're like a piano instructor, you should have known the piece. Everyone knows Winter Wind. Why are you all acting so surprised? Hah.

Winter Wind is much harder than 10/4. But I agree that Emi's Winter Wind wasn't as harsh as it could have been. This also could have been because the dialogue is louder than the piano. Tempo wise it's an acceptable tempo but definitely not considered extremely fast. Loved that top-down view towards the end. The animated movement of Emi's hands felt off during the far view of Emi though.

Think this is the best (if not one of the best) episodes so far. 2 Chopin etudes in one episode! Can't ask for more!

Also, the tension between both teachers as we see Emi get ready for her performance. That was great stuff. A1 pictures are doing a good job in adapting the manga. They made a choice to cut out the Bach but it's one of the rare times I kinda agree when an anime studio decides to remove things on their own discretion.
PrinceTYNov 27, 2014 5:29 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.