Forum Settings
Forums

How do you feel about anime long-running anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 26, 2014 7:24 PM

Apr 2014
most of them get really good in the middle and then out of nowhere they suck
Aug 26, 2014 7:32 PM

Jun 2014
Burn them all in hell!
Aug 26, 2014 10:17 PM

Aug 2014
ScazoN said:
justvincexd said:
Pros: Lots of Episodes
Cons: Lots of Episodes

Basically most of these big animes have been going on for years and they still aren't finished, which is a bit frustrating of course. Then again you can watch it every week but I prefer binge watching.
In animes such as Naruto probably near half of the anime is fillers which I got tired of eventually
It's different if you actually like long running series and enjoy them.

Pros : Lots of episodes
Cons : Ending* :/

Yeah that's true, I guess I didn't put it correctly though. It's not that I want it to end, but I would rather have all the episodes in front of me rather than waiting every week. I'm that type of person :P

Aug 26, 2014 10:19 PM

Nov 2010
justvincexd said:
ScazoN said:
It's different if you actually like long running series and enjoy them.

Pros : Lots of episodes
Cons : Ending* :/

Yeah that's true, I guess I didn't put it correctly though. It's not that I want it to end, but I would rather have all the episodes in front of me rather than waiting every week. I'm that type of person :P
Well most long running anime are ended, so you don't have to answer this thread only talking about currently airing ones.
Aug 26, 2014 10:30 PM

Jun 2014
It depends on the plot and characters. I thoroughly enjoyed Kami nomi, and even progressed to reading the entire manga. Shows like Angel Beats, White Album 2, and Clannad AS shouldn't exceed the 60 episode mark.

I feel if Tokyo Ghoul was adapted correctly, the show and its respective manga could hit in the hundreds. Tokyo Ghoul is just getting started in the manga, but is being butchered by its current adaptation.

Aug 26, 2014 10:45 PM

Jul 2014
It depends a lot, if I feel it turns repetitive (FT), I get bored and force myself to drop it.
If the main story is being delayed a lot (naruto), I feel like they want to make money and I dropit or put in hold it forever.
If it keeps evolving and showing new creative content, I can keep watching it forever, only if it is related to how everything started.

Back in time I could watch long-running animes like naruto and DB, but now I don't have enough patience to sit in from of my monitor to waiting for something interesting to happen, when I know I can be doing something else, it is like wasting my time.
Aug 26, 2014 11:35 PM

Aug 2014
Two words: Detective Conan.
Aug 26, 2014 11:41 PM

Jun 2014
hxh is the best long running shonen series!
*Checks SetsukoHara favorite list.* has one piece as favorite in manga section. Confirm op fanboy. Tries to change subject because I'm talking negative about his favorite series. One piece fanboy logic detected.
Aug 27, 2014 12:14 AM

Jul 2014
Anime with "hundreds of episodes" you speak of shows that people really enjoy the Anime because clearly that Anime has a good fan base for the studios to keep on producing more episodes for the series.
Aug 28, 2014 3:04 AM

Aug 2014
I loved the one piece anime up until WB arc, new world pacing sucks!! Watching Naruto shippuden and it still has lots of fillers, my interest has been sucked away. Well, move on to the manga.
So, yeah long running animes have been bad at some point lately.
Aug 28, 2014 3:11 AM
Aug 2013
I don't like them, mainly because of Pokemon. i think that in those hundreds of episode there will be redrawn ep. with a duplicate episode somewhere.
Aug 28, 2014 9:20 AM

May 2014
George R. R. Martin gets to the point faster than these fucking things do.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Aug 28, 2014 9:53 AM

Jun 2010
I don't like them. I refuse to believe that there's a series that requires hundreds and hundreds episodes to tell one story. I believe nothing should over state it's welcome
SolidPayneAug 28, 2014 10:15 AM
Aug 28, 2014 9:53 AM

Feb 2010
TheFilthyCasual said:
George R. R. Martin gets to the point faster than these fucking things do.

I agree, Game of Thrones is too fast-paced.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 28, 2014 12:09 PM

Jan 2014
SpikeJet2736 said:
I don't like them. I refuse to believe that there's a series that requires hundreds and hundreds episodes to tell one story. I believe nothing should over state it's welcome

I refuse to believe that you refuse to believe so.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 28, 2014 12:39 PM

Apr 2011
It seems to me that the general consensus around MAL seems to be something similar to this:
100 episodes --> meh, filthy long running shit.
6 seasons, 13 episodes each --> love it, give me more.

As for me, I could give less of a shit as to how long something is. Nobody's forcing me to marathon it. Taking my time with a long runner is pretty much the same damn shit as any other 1/2 cour series (with or without multiple seasons).
Aug 28, 2014 11:45 PM

Jun 2013
Well the usually have some general plot that will be forgoten after few eps.People that watched them since ep 1 airing will get attached to it and subjectevlly judge it and call it a master piece and overlook the flaws and countless filers eps.
Aug 29, 2014 12:41 AM

Jan 2012
If I really like the series I'm happy because it means I get to experience even more of it over a longer period of time. If I don't I just drop it when I get bored enough.
Aug 29, 2014 10:23 PM

Jun 2010
RedRoseFring said:
SpikeJet2736 said:

I refuse to believe that you refuse to believe so.

I refuse to believe that you refuse to believe that I refuse to believe in what I believe... so THERE
Aug 29, 2014 10:42 PM

Aug 2014
I like them, because sometime we forget the story in one of the episode. And when we re-watch them it make we remember what we forgot.
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Aug 30, 2014 6:32 AM

Apr 2012
A lot of long-airing shounen are being milked because of Shounen Jump (One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, etc.) It keeps the anime/manga industry alive, so I'm not complaining.
Aug 30, 2014 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
It's fantastic to watch all those episodes of an anime,but regarding Naruto, i gave up when i started the Shipuden series,i was just so bored to watch 600+ episodes, as for Bleach, it has about 366 episodes which i was never bored of watching.
Sep 3, 2014 3:00 PM

Sep 2014
I regret watching long animes after what I've done... Should've focused on smaller animes.
One piece was one hell of a trip this summer
私 は あ な た が 私 を 養 う た い !

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How did you get into anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Cudlyyy - Sep 28, 2023

115 by ZakuF_ »»
44 seconds ago

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime?

Dragevard - 5 hours ago

24 by TsutanaiFuun »»
20 minutes ago

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - 9 hours ago

22 by ProGoddess »»
25 minutes ago

» What are some anime memes from the late 2000's to early 2010's that you still remeber fondly ?

tchitchouan - Today

8 by Hikinekomori »»
34 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

109 by maulaa »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.