Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2014 12:24 PM
Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
retepeters said:
lol i din't expect this
ffs a gun in her mouth? idk if that is impossible, but i'm sure it's pretty stupid

Did you forget Ogre mentioned some crazy doctor and experiements that would give her a trump card. She's no longer really all human. She's more cyborg.

Inb4 y u no mix with medieval setting.

Mar 2014
Damn, Seryuu scared me.
Now I wanna see justice. Do it and I will love you forever, Mine.

Apr 2011
The classic shounen "I'll leave my enemy injured and turn my back" move.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Aug 10, 2014 12:25 PM

Sep 2007
Kaoknight said:
Ahhel said:
Wasn't Sheele teigu supposed to cut through fucking everything? How did Seryu block it with her guns?

I guess "cutting anything" only works when opening and closing the scissors and not when used as oversized sword.

But the bigger plot hole is that schele had the chance to kill seryu but kept messing around even though she's a "natural killer"...

That too, Sheele call to go to Mine aid instead of killing Seryu at spot (pretty sure she could've blocked the shoot from the mouth if she was looking at her) was really questionable imo
Aug 10, 2014 12:27 PM

Oct 2013
loved the episode but damn R.I.P Sheele and as for Suryu i hope you Die
Aug 10, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2013
Darklight0303 said:
retepeters said:
lol i din't expect this
ffs a gun in her mouth? idk if that is impossible, but i'm sure it's pretty stupid

Did you forget Ogre mentioned some crazy doctor and experiements that would give her a trump card. She's no longer really all human. She's more cyborg.

in fact i didn't remember that, but still... how would she fire it, or pull it out?
idk man it just feels way too weird
Aug 10, 2014 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
Well god damn. Best episode in this series so far but RIP Sheele. We hardly knew ya. What a great sequence of events, action and feels. Now, shots have officially been fired. Even I couldn't predict that Seryu would be that insane. And now it looks like the shit storm is about to descend upon the capital. F'n game time baby.
dankzelAug 10, 2014 12:37 PM
Aug 10, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2010
NeutralSide said:
Well I enjoy the Manga for what it is.Its fun to read and I really liked how AGK makes fun of Tropes in general,I think its intended.
I personally Love it because of the Action in it and how Fearless the author is for Killing off Characters or Injuring them severely,He just doesn't give a F***.
Anyway You aren't so supposed to feel anything with Sheele,It really didn't matter.
I think Akame ga kiru isn't right for you and you Should stop watching if you're bent on Character development in here.There's almost no Character development for the Characters Except for Tatsumi its mostly focused on him.

Well I enjoy the Manga for what it is.Its fun to read and I really liked how AGK makes fun of Tropes in general,I think its intended.
Gore anime,Probably But I watch and Read it mainly because I want to see the Story unfold and What would be the fate of Night raid in the future? I want to see it for myself.
Tatsumi=Esdeath.F***ing die Mein.

I told someone that was bashing the manga a similar thing once and they said that they prefer stories where they know the main characters are safe winners no matters what and the only people to die are the nameless losers like in AoT and say that killing off main characters is force and used only in a cheap attempt to substitute actual good story telling.
Aug 10, 2014 12:32 PM

Aug 2011
Sheele's secret move was cool as shit. Did not expect this at all :/
Aug 10, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Darklight0303 said:

Don't think you're the first one to tell him this. He won't stop. He's just that dedicated to this trolling
If anything, manga readers and AgK defenders in this thread seem to be the ones lacking on arguments.
Shall I show you an example?
Tokoya said:
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm Not going to bother reading or responding to you anymore for obvious reasons so you can just stop right there and save it

Ey, don't bring me into this. I'm just your typical innocent bystander and a optimist. I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions and if you can't accept that, send out a valid argument. I'm only here for pure entertainment as it seems that people who wish to give out their believes or point out flaws, us fans (please, exclude me) wish to attack with power and not logical thinking. Sigh.. Anime fan base, otakus and the rest of 'em are funny.

Here I am thinking how right some of these errors are.

(Is AgK really a Shounen anime? I mean there is a LOT of mediocre and generic characters etc.. Never knew it was a Shounen).
"Hi!"
Jan 2013
Aw man Seryu is really bad ass, looks like night raid for once just found their match, RIP to Sheele.

So will, somebody else from Night Raid gonna be next?
Jul 2018
Wow, it was a great episode.

Sheele is dead.
Aug 10, 2014 12:36 PM

Jul 2014
Baddie007 said:
Aw man Seryu is really bad ass, looks like night raid for once just found their match, RIP to Sheele.

You're asking for spoilers.. Which I have no intention of giving out.
"Hi!"
Aug 10, 2014 12:38 PM

Apr 2013
Mikatarukito said:
Baddie007 said:

You're asking for spoilers.. Which I have no intention of giving out.
It was a rhetorical question
Aug 10, 2014 12:38 PM

Apr 2012
RIP

best girl Sheele ;_;

{not an actual spoiler}

Aug 10, 2014 12:41 PM

May 2014
-Resident- said:
T3hSource said:
Who's Scheele and why the heck should I care about her dramatic death when she could've easily killed Seiryu instead of cutting her arms again wasn't she supposed to be only good at killing without remorse?

She could've killed her, Seryuu could've easily shot her with the gun from her mouth earlier, as well. But she didn't. Seryuu simply put all her hopes for victory in the trump card of her teigu. When Seryuu forced Koro to go into Overdrive, it simply grabbed Schere's attention, because it posed a large threat for Mein.
Actually I'm a manga reader, and these are basic demands having strong characterization in our main cast, whom we're supposed to care about. And it is clear to me that Schere is a plot device and not a character, yet the show treats her as a fleshed out character we're supposed to cry for along with our cast. See my problem here?

And now we get into interpretational grounds, even as I watched that scene it seems like an easy missed opportunity to kill her. Now if we had time with Schere and see her close relationship with Mine, her actions and death would've carried more weight.

Oh and for the mixed setting: why isn't everyone using guns to begin with? It's pretty jarring if you pay attention to the background. There are small houses, paved streets, swords, carts, guards, fortified city, something one associates with a medieval setting. A magic gun is an easy exception, because it's magic, a fantasy element. But it's not really relevant, world building isn't exactly a concern for these series, it's more focused on the rule of cool.
T3hSourceAug 10, 2014 12:45 PM
Aug 10, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2009
Vepenar said:
please tell me she dies quite violently, because that imperial guard seryui or w.e her name is does not seem redeemable @ all.

Yes
Kaoknight said:

Instead we get asspull Power of Love time stopping bullshit.
I just find it weird that people are expecting a battle shounen to be super deep when people are spilling gallons of blood when a limb is cut off and characters are making their straight man jokes.
Aug 10, 2014 12:43 PM
Jul 2014
With all the decapitation in their fights, It kinda reminds me of "Fist of the north star".
Anyone?
Aug 10, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2010
Mikatarukito said:
Forgetfulness said:
If anything, manga readers and AgK defenders in this thread seem to be the ones lacking on arguments.

Ey, don't bring me into this. I'm just your typical innocent bystander and a optimist. I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions and if you can't accept that, send out a valid argument. I'm only here for pure entertainment as it seems that people who wish to give out their believes or point out flaws, us fans (please, exclude me) wish to attack with power and not logical thinking. Sigh.. Anime fan base, otakus and the rest of 'em are funny.

(Is AgK really a Shounen anime? I mean there is a LOT of mediocre and generic characters etc.. Never knew it was a Shounen).

I'm a fan of the manga but I'm seriously not hyping this or have unrealistic expectations for the adaption. But I hate fanboys, when I see flaws/plot holes in something I like, I admit it, it's dumb to stay n denial and call it a masterpiece.

The guy has esdese as his avatar for crying out loud what do these guys think his "unbiasd" opinion of the show is gonna be?

And yeah it's shounen not seinen, it's published in a shounen magazine..
Aug 10, 2014 12:45 PM

Apr 2013
It was a good episode. Nice OSTs.
Aug 10, 2014 12:47 PM

Apr 2013
sigh... predicted sheele's death last episode. even worse it is a death just to show how strong imperial arms are. shot by a gun in her mouth.... so fucking dumb, especially since sheele turned her back instead of finishing psycho girl off...

such a badly handled death. it is sad that she died but the whole thing was handled so badly...

and just to rub that stupid death in it is probably gonna take ages before seryu actually dies.

anyway. as always fight scenes are done really well, ost was great
Aug 10, 2014 12:48 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Kaoknight said:
Mikatarukito said:

I'm a fan of the manga but I'm seriously not hyping this or have unrealistic expectations for the adaption. But I hate fanboys, when I see flaws/plot holes in something I like, I admit it, it's dumb to stay n denial and call it a masterpiece.

The guy has esdese as his avatar for crying out loud what do these guys think his "unbiasd" opinion of the show is gonna be?

And yeah it's shounen not seinen, it's published in a shounen magazine..
And what are you implying here?
TokoyaAug 10, 2014 12:57 PM

Nov 2011
those who watched it censored on there first viewing are losers
Hate Keeps me warm

Jun 2014
Sheele ;-; She won major badass point with those scissors. Then dies. Sob.
Anyway amazing battle scene. Too bad there wont be anymore scissor action. Which means Akame better live up to her expectations of serving epic battles.
Aug 10, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2009
.... Wow at the overexaggerated stillframe expressions. Even more than the previous ones.

The female characters seem like walking ideas and tropes. I like Leone, though... even if her transformation is rather disappointing. She could've become a badass, cool feral beast but, nooo, what about sex?? Boobs???? She needs to be sexy!!! Meh.

The OST is nice, I really liked it
Aug 10, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
Finally some actual killing happens. Poor Sheele!
Aug 10, 2014 12:51 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty sad episode but very entertaining.

I hate that dog. And I had some feels for this one. The music playing during her final words was beautiful.

Aug 10, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
T3hSource said:
-Resident- said:

She could've killed her, Seryuu could've easily shot her with the gun from her mouth earlier, as well. But she didn't. Seryuu simply put all her hopes for victory in the trump card of her teigu. When Seryuu forced Koro to go into Overdrive, it simply grabbed Schere's attention, because it posed a large threat for Mein.
Actually I'm a manga reader, and these are basic demands having strong characterization in our main cast, whom we're supposed to care about. And it is clear to me that Schere is a plot device and not a character, yet the show treats her as a fleshed out character we're supposed to cry for along with our cast. See my problem here?.

I've seen you argue a lot of points that usually are against popular opinion but I respect how you do it without being a troll and display some valid points.

In fact, your argument has opened my eyes to the fact that Schere was not a deep or important character at all. Though, I can see why people liked her since liking someone is just based on what someone personally finds appealing so that can't really be argued or changed, however arguing that Schere is not a deep fleshed out character is in fact very true and I respect how reasonable your being unlike some other people in this forum. Thanks and have a nice day.
[center][/center]
Aug 10, 2014 12:52 PM

May 2014

Same thing here more or less.
Aug 10, 2014 12:53 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Mikatarukito said:
Forgetfulness said:

I responded to you? I'm pretty sure that I didn't :|

I agree, but the fact of the matter is that he's blatantly trolling and trying to bait....Like I didn't notice until now but as Darklight pointed out in one of the earlier pages, all this guy does is go to popular threads and do this exact same thing

In fact, he and a lot more people like that did this exact same thing in Episode 1's thread like I stated

And to answer your question, this series is Shounen

Forgetfulness said:
@June93 Put that in spoilers please
This

I just started the series last night and I'm on that episode now too....
TokoyaAug 10, 2014 12:58 PM
Aug 10, 2014 12:56 PM

Apr 2014
so the first loss for the team poor sheele

after reading some comments i guess a few pags had the "uncensored" version cuz the version i saw was uncersored
Aug 10, 2014 12:58 PM
Jan 2014
Great episode I'm starting to get hyped.
Also I guess i'm in the minority but I was not that sad about Sheele dying. As long as Akame lives I don't really care who dies ...
Aug 10, 2014 12:58 PM

Jul 2014
SirFashion said:
For the people whining about the lack of seriousness, deepness, characters and story telling of the series... just remember this is a shounen, its not seinen and it will never be.

A series being a shounen doesn't mean it doesn't have those attributes. Look at Death Note, FMA, Code Geass, etc. Shounen is just a demographic. Its like saying that all american cartoons for kids have no depth. Avatar the Last Airbender is a testament to why saying that is stupid. AgK does have those things. Its just not amazingly deep. It could definitely be done better but AgK does those things decently and is straightforward in its ideas.
Aug 10, 2014 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
T3hSource said:

Same thing here more or less.
At least she becomes somewhat relevant in the third movie
Aug 10, 2014 1:03 PM

May 2014
@Cupquake
Aside her conflict with Homura, she instantly becomes just as irrelevant lol
Aug 10, 2014 1:06 PM

Nov 2011
Esdese next episode?!?!?!
Hate Keeps me warm
Aug 10, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2013
I cared about Sheele's death, more so through Mine's empathetic viewpoint though. Good episode.
Aug 10, 2014 1:12 PM
Jun 2014
Kaoknight said:

But the bigger plot hole is that schele had the chance to kill seryu but kept messing around even though she's a "natural killer"...

This, oh-so-much this!
Instead of jumping back and cutting off the arm (which was a useless endeavour) she could have just killer Seryu, therefore shutting down the berserker and saving Mine by default. That's what ticks me off more than anything.

Someone compared Sheele's death to Mami, that's not really applicable. Mami's death was deserved and unavoidable due to the circumstances (she became big-headed due to suddenly getting a friend and being called a role model) while Sheele could have avoided this and except for the fact that the plot demanded it, WOULD have done the correct action.
Aug 10, 2014 1:13 PM

Mar 2014
Everytime I come into an episode discussion for akame ga kill it is always a mini shitstorm. To be honest, I'm more hyped for episodic discussions about the show than actually watching the show.
Aug 10, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2012
Ohhh nooo my favorite character got killed off... a bit too soon. :( Oh well.
Aug 10, 2014 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
SHEELEE!!!!! WHAT THE ACTUAL DUCK!

Not sure what "White lights" are you referring to, watched it on animefreak uncensored.

But damn, this episode. Those that have not read the manga or known about this were pretty surprised right? I know I was, maybe I`m just a newb but still. Damn...that`s all I can say. I need to mentally prepare because now I know that more are going to die and I just...I cant, man. Why did I choose to watch this.?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2014 1:18 PM

Nov 2013
T3hSource said:

Now onto my thoughts about this episode: It was shit. Ok not really, but it could have been absolutely shit.

And yeah... No sorry but I couldn't really give two shits about Sheele <_<
We're back to cartoon villain of the week, but this time it's a cute girl with cute puppy thing that turns evil when it gets mad. Well, AT LEAST she put up a fight and didn't die like a useless sack of potatoes. And holy shit that OST was just amazing.

The action was really impressive, didn't need the pointless flashbacks and slow Sheele death, it should have just been instant and be done with it. It really ruined the mood (you probably see me as a heartless bastard now). On the story and characters side nothing really changed much, if not they got worse.

Shitty characters, meh story so far and the only things that have been worth watching for me so far are the action and the jokes (that ones that I found funny anyway). Normally I'd give this episode a 2/5, but I enjoyed the action a lot so 3/5.

Heh my post is more on the negative I think. So now to those who are enjoying this show way more than I am + for manga readers, my response to the inevitable "why do you keep watching if you don't like it?" (will spoiler it for those that don't care)
Aug 10, 2014 1:20 PM

May 2013
>Based Justice-chan bringing the justice
>ACDC-sama arrives in the capitol

now the hype train starts to roll for me.
Aug 10, 2014 1:26 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Botato said:
T3hSource said:

Now onto my thoughts about this episode: It was shit. Ok not really, but it could have been absolutely shit.

And yeah... No sorry but I couldn't really give two shits about Sheele <_<
We're back to cartoon villain of the week, but this time it's a cute girl with cute puppy thing that turns evil when it gets mad. Well, AT LEAST she put up a fight and didn't die like a useless sack of potatoes. And holy shit that OST was just amazing.

The action was really impressive, didn't need the pointless flashbacks and slow Sheele death, it should have just been instant and be done with it. It really ruined the mood (you probably see me as a heartless bastard now). On the story and characters side nothing really changed much, if not they got worse.

Shitty characters, meh story so far and the only things that have been worth watching for me so far are the action and the jokes (that ones that I found funny anyway). Normally I'd give this episode a 2/5, but I enjoyed the action a lot so 3/5.

Heh my post is more on the negative I think. So now to those who are enjoying this show way more than I am + for manga readers, my response to the inevitable "why do you keep watching if you don't like it?" (will spoiler it for those that don't care)
Awwwww, I thought that you would of really liked this one :(

Oh well, fair enough...Looking forward to seeing your opnion on Esdese and other characters in future episodes =P
Aug 10, 2014 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
"Imperial Arms are tools. It will stop once its user is killed".

Better not kill her while she's at my mercy then, better let her do a small monologue, issue an order, and then turn around instead of killing on the spot.

Would have been a shocking death wasn't it so poorly handled.
Aug 10, 2014 1:28 PM

Jun 2014
I was hoping that Tatsumi would save the day. He would burst in and be all mad like Luffy when someone hurts his crewmates.

T-T So this is what tragedy feels like T-T
Aug 10, 2014 1:30 PM
Apr 2014
Sheele's death never had much impact on me either besides confirming Night Raid isn't invincible. Seryu is annoying. Excited for next weeks episode tho. Tbh the first few chapters/episodes never really pulled me in until the upcoming arc.
Aug 10, 2014 1:31 PM
Jun 2014
za21 said:
SirFashion said:
For the people whining about the lack of seriousness, deepness, characters and story telling of the series... just remember this is a shounen, its not seinen and it will never be.

A series being a shounen doesn't mean it doesn't have those attributes. Look at Death Note, FMA, Code Geass, etc. Shounen is just a demographic. Its like saying that all american cartoons for kids have no depth. Avatar the Last Airbender is a testament to why saying that is stupid. AgK does have those things. Its just not amazingly deep. It could definitely be done better but AgK does those things decently and is straightforward in its ideas.

You said it, its a demographic, kids from 12-19 years old dont appreciate deep or real serious plots but people still expect this AdK to be so. FMA, Death Note, Code Geass arent deep or serious enough, specially FMA (its the best example of a standard action shounen about friendship and justice done correctly). Any manga from naoki urusawa would be an example of what serious, deep or character development in a standard seinen would be.
Aug 10, 2014 1:32 PM

Dec 2013
Ok, I did not expect that at all. Didn't like the bipolarity of Serya, in a moment she makes the kind of innocent cool girl and the other turns a psychopath.

I mean, if she believes so strongly in the concept of justice, why she treat the "villains" as if she was a villain?

Edit: RIP Sheele :'(
Caio_NihilusAug 10, 2014 1:35 PM
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1209 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 2, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1364 by vero231 »»
May 1, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.