Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 27, 2014 10:25 AM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The animation is back to normal! I'm so glad.
I really love this episode. We get to see more of Clear and hear him sing (yessss).
The little fight between Koujaku and Noiz is nicely animated too.
Mizuki disappeared. Tae-san, too. I can't wait for the next episode~

This episode is better than I expected. Really loving this adaptation!
Jul 27, 2014 10:56 AM

May 2014
OMG there's an episode this week?! But I still haven't seen 3 in good animation! Did it get subbed anywhere?

Ah I thought they'd just reair episode 3 and we won't get 4! And it's more about Clear?! DOUBLE YAY

#CantHelpFanboying

Jul 27, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
Whew, the animation is a a lot better now lol.
Oh and that scene with Mink just behind Aoba was so creepy LOL, AOBA JUST TURNED AROUND AND DIDN'T FREAK OUT OR ANYTHING JUST ASKED "WHERES MY GRAMS?"
Jul 27, 2014 11:42 AM

Nov 2007
yeah,they improved it this week...i am glad:3
Jul 27, 2014 11:58 AM

Dec 2012
Animation back to normal, yaayyy!

Oh snap that crazy popo from episode 1 is back. Didn't get a lot of screen time though.

So Mink shows up? I don't know a lot of him or his route so I'll be looking forward to whatever type of person he is.
Jul 27, 2014 12:19 PM

May 2014
Woah loved clear's scene! it was a really nice talk and they were cute.
Felt bad for clear's grandfather..

And woah the series is way more serious now, but I still don't get what spirited away means >_>
Is this show only 12 episodes? I sure hope it's more than that because the pacing seems really good and I would like this anime to finish the stories of the characters.

Some nice OSTs here and there as well, Noiz vs Kouj was really nice.

My favorite characters are Aoba Clear and Noiz, they're all really likable and have amazing design
And the ending is awesome as usual :p I can't skip it

Jul 27, 2014 12:29 PM

Mar 2011
ZoroZoldyck said:

Is this show only 12 episodes? I sure hope it's more than that because the pacing seems really good and I would like this anime to finish the stories of the characters.

According to the official site, the blu-ray box will only have 12 episodes + an OVA. (not enough dmmd for me, but at least there's the new game coming this October)
Jul 27, 2014 12:52 PM

Feb 2009
Ahh I am so happy with this anime now! The animation is far better, Virus and Trip look much better(:
I loved the scene with Koujaku and Noiz fighting, and Mink!! Ahh finally Mink has arrived, I love him! ;w;
[center]
Jul 27, 2014 12:54 PM

May 2014
Was so happy with the scene between Clear/Aoba! Clear is such a cutie, and his singing is beautiful <3

Really loved seeing all this scenes animated - the fight between Koujaku and Noiz, Virus and Trip (still hate them), and Mink's entrance...to be honest, I'm still not a huge fan of the anime, but I love seeing the game animated so it's worth it. Can't wait for the next episode!
Jul 27, 2014 12:58 PM

Jan 2014
As everyone else said, the animation is a lot better now, I'm really glad~
Scene with Clear was great, too bad that his voice isn't clear (lol), they made it "more realistic" by making it sound more like a gas mask... And I know that this has been since first episode but it just ruined a little bit mood to me in this episode.
And I would be excited too about the coming game too but it's not gonna be yaoi, I heard ;__; 'cause it's only rated 15 and doesn't include that much smexy scenes, I guess
Bakamoto98Jul 27, 2014 1:04 PM
Jul 27, 2014 1:01 PM

Jan 2014
rothrock said:
Bakamoto98 said:
As everyone else said, the animation is a lot better now, I'm really glad~
Scene with Clear was great, too bad that his voice isn't clear (lol), they made it "more realistic" by making it sound more like a gas mask... And I know that this has been since first episode but it just ruined a little bit mood to me in this episode.
And I would be excited too about the coming game too but it's not gonna be yaoi, I heard ;__; 'cause it's only rated PG-13 and doesn't include smexy scenes

Coming game?

Yeah, there is coming new dmmd-game in October (in Japan) called Dramatical Murder: Re:code or something and it's coming to PS VITA.
Jul 27, 2014 1:04 PM

Mar 2013
wtf is wrong with this anime, the conversation between clear and aoba about what happiness is gave me cancer
oops dropped sorry not sorry
Jul 27, 2014 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
Oops, sorry about mistakes in previous comment, it's rated 15 and above NOT 13, thank god...

sorry about that ^^U
Jul 27, 2014 1:37 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Clear and Aoba's conversation was nice. Quite a philosophical discussion there.

Members of Dry Juice have disappeared along their leader, Mizuki. O.o . Spirited Away, maybe?

Koujaku is a hotheaded guy. Noiz was provoking him first though.
Would've liked seeing their fight. Too bad, those cops interrupted them in the midway.

Aoba and grandma are under attack! Who'll save them this time? :O

Not bad. I wonder what was the purpose of the spam emails Aoba was continually receiving. That 2D game was pretty weird too.

Jul 27, 2014 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
The Cleao feels came to me... Loved that the Jellyfish Song now has lyrics uvu
Jul 27, 2014 1:55 PM

Sep 2010
Came here to see if the animation was fixed before watching, glad to hear it is..

Will edit after I actually watch the video ;-P

EDIT: Oh man, y'all were right. It definitely got better. It's not perfect or the best animation I've seen, but there were only a few derp faces instead of 30.

Clears scene was cute (as expected.)

Really dislike Mink so not too excited to see more of him, oh well. Wonder if they'll keep /that/ scene in.
FenixDragon43Jul 27, 2014 2:20 PM
Jul 27, 2014 2:14 PM

Apr 2010
This ep felt kinda slow to me. Was also really happy to notice the quality went up.
They changed some things a little bit but as long as it helps the plot progress I'll be happy.

Other than that I don't have much to say about this episode. We'll see how next week's ep goes. Looking forward to Mink goodness.
Jul 27, 2014 2:26 PM

Jul 2013
The conversation between Clear and Aoba was from the Clear Route ;3; *feels* but was like this image :v
Jul 27, 2014 3:33 PM

Mar 2014
Glad it doesn't look like DERPYanimated Murder anymore!

Clear is my favourite so far, I hope we'll get to see more of him in the future.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 27, 2014 3:52 PM

Apr 2014
[ note that I have not yet played or seen playthroughs of the visual novel yet ]

Watching this episode made me question exactly what was going on with the animation in the previous. Well, it's a relief that the gorgeous art is back to normal! The first thing that struck me was, is Platinum Jail the actual translation for the centre that was created? It sounds like an incredibly ironic name, and I would imagine if that's the actual translation there might be reference to people thinking about how it might actually be a jail.

I also noted that you would think in such a futuristic world, Aoba might have a nicer television...Oh, well, maybe that's just me being nit-picky and it doesn't really bother me that much. As for other technology, the emails from the kidnapped princess were eerie, and confusing. Does this have anything to do with the "murder" part of the name? I've heard that there isn't actually anything about people being murdered in this anime, and that it was just a ploy to attract people to it.

Clear and Aoba's conversation was really nice, I did think there were some interesting musings formed there. As a character, Clear is adorable, but incredibly confusing. I hope we'll get to learn more about him- so far, I think he's one of the more interesting characters!

I just made the most inhuman noise.
palladiaJul 27, 2014 9:43 PM

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Jul 27, 2014 7:13 PM

Jun 2014
The show is still a little bit scattered as to where the plot is going, but it seems we'll get plenty next week though.

mmmmm the music during the brief fight scene. Just cant get enough of the OST
Jul 27, 2014 7:18 PM

Apr 2014
Jellyfish song! SO CUTE ahh Clear, you're too much.

Virus is so frickin hot I can't get over it
& YES THAT FIGHT SCENE I can't believe they actually did a good job animating it. Akushima got there too damn early.

onoda said:

Hopefully. I felt so bad in that scene.
Jul 27, 2014 8:31 PM

May 2011
Forever cheering about more Clear. :) Watching Noiz and Koujaku arguing and fighting just has me going, oh you two get a room already. :P
Jul 27, 2014 9:16 PM

Oct 2012
somewhat dissapointed that they changes aoba's ringtone =3=
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jul 27, 2014 10:03 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Clear seems like most interesting character so far, I really liked his scene with Aoba. Otherwise, this is still somewhat confusing to me...
Jul 28, 2014 12:47 AM

Jul 2014
OMG so next week Aoba is going to be tortured by Mink?! I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT muahahahahaha.

And glad the animation quality back to normal.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jul 28, 2014 2:37 AM

Jul 2012
Ohhhhhhh... It dawned on me that this anime isn't going to be about that virtual game and instead it's going to be about Guy x Guy relationships o.o. Nothing wrong with that I'm just not into that kind of stuff. I guess I'll drop this.
Jul 28, 2014 3:47 AM
May 2014
swaggahsaurus said:
As for other technology, the emails from the kidnapped princess were eerie, and confusing. Does this have anything to do with the "murder" part of the name? I've heard that there isn't actually anything about people being murdered in this anime, and that it was just a ploy to attract people to it.

I guess they went with it because it sounded nice. It's something a character says once in the game, so it's not that random I guess.

exLightning said:
Ohhhhhhh... It dawned on me that this anime isn't going to be about that virtual game and instead it's going to be about Guy x Guy relationships o.o. Nothing wrong with that I'm just not into that kind of stuff. I guess I'll drop this.

No, it has a plot around that game, that's what they are trying to bring to the anime even though this is based on a yaoi VN. It might have some BL like that kiss last episode, but I don't think they are planning to go beyond that.
Jul 28, 2014 6:03 AM

Aug 2012
rape incoming... :3
Jul 28, 2014 6:09 AM

May 2011
I was so close to dropping this anime, but episode 4 truly saved the day.
I'm not watching episode 5 if they even attempt to imply the rape. The game was bad enough.
Jul 28, 2014 6:10 AM

May 2014
Apart from me fanboying over Clear x Aoba or Noiz X Aoba I still don't really get what spirited away means.. And Aoba still doesn't remember stuff from the past?

Well hopefully we get answers :3
I'm really enjoying the anime but too bad it's just 12 episodes

Jul 28, 2014 6:11 AM

Jul 2009
Glad to see the animation's better than last week. So Mizuki has disappeared and it seems like the Morphine group is behind it ... or rather, that guy with the long hair. Not to mention Tae is gone as well ... hrm :S Gonna be tough for Aoba next episode ...
Interesting talk with Clear (singing about jellyfish! :O) and the Noiz vs. Koujaku fight was interesting too (though super short lol). That spam email I thought was gonna be a bit more important but I guess not ...
Jul 28, 2014 8:54 AM

Mar 2013
*fangirls over hearing Clear sing*

Also. Next episode possible trigger warning.
hope they don't do THAT though.

swaggahsaurus said:
[ note that I have not yet played or seen playthroughs of the visual novel yet ]

Watching this episode made me question exactly what was going on with the animation in the previous. Well, it's a relief that the gorgeous art is back to normal! The first thing that struck me was, is Platinum Jail the actual translation for the centre that was created? It sounds like an incredibly ironic name, and I would imagine if that's the actual translation there might be reference to people thinking about how it might actually be a jail.

They say Platinum Jail in engrish many times in both the game and anime. it's not much of a translation, but Platinum Jail is the name of the not prison.

swaggahsaurus said:
I also noted that you would think in such a futuristic world, Aoba might have a nicer television...Oh, well, maybe that's just me being nit-picky and it doesn't really bother me that much. As for other technology, the emails from the kidnapped princess were eerie, and confusing. Does this have anything to do with the "murder" part of the name? I've heard that there isn't actually anything about people being murdered in this anime, and that it was just a ploy to attract people to it.

i would like to point out Aoba also works in a shop that almost never has customers, besides those calls at the beginning.
The more you pay attention to certain small things Aoba says the more you notice and realize...Aoba's poor (lol)

As for the name of the game.
1. bad ends are nothing but GORE and rape o-o
2. there will technically be murder towards the end.
3. I think the writers wanted to be funny somehow and use the title in dialogue >_>

ZoroZoldyck said:
I still don't really get what spirited away means..

I believe Spirited away means what it says.
Taken away without a trace and without anyone noticing.
-LuhuiJul 28, 2014 9:02 AM

Jul 28, 2014 11:54 AM
Jan 2010
THIS IS SUCH A BIG IMPROVEMENT THE ANIMATION WAS ACTUALLY BEAUTIFUL

We finaly get to hear Clear sing! Loved the scene between the two and there was such a nice background music accompanying that scene as well. It felt very fast though, but kind of inevitable when you have to compact everything into a 20 minute episode.

The animation was actually really great, couldn't really spot any flaws besides a few questionable head shots when zoomed out but the close ups are really well drawn.

Looks like next week is our Mink centered episode! I really, really want them to confirm the amount of episodes now so fans can know when to expect a certain storyline or not. (EDIT: it's been confirmed to only have 12 episodes. Explains the pacing, but THAT SUCKS. And it's not like they can even do a second season if this ends up being popular because they'll probably cover the entire game within those 12 episodes)

Probably my favorite episode of the season so far (granted, there's only been 4 but...)
Jul 28, 2014 1:09 PM
Jul 2014
It was a good episode. I'm so glad the animation is back to its original self. Though, it felt kinda slow to me today. The interaction between Clear and Aoba was cute :).

So next week Mink will finally get more screen time :P he rarely showed up the last couple episodes. I wonder how "that" is going to work out ^^.

Other than that I have nothing further to say :). Lookin' forward to next week.
Jul 28, 2014 1:57 PM

Dec 2012
Really love the moment with Aoba and Clear! For someone who has not played the game(I'm assuming) it's still a bit confusing for me, but I'm getting the hang of it!

Couldn't help but to think he was a bit of an airhead at the end scene though XP
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Jul 28, 2014 2:21 PM

Oct 2011
Hope to see clear's face one day
Jul 28, 2014 2:22 PM

Feb 2009
I love love love to hear the comments and thoughts about the people who haven't played the game! (:

It's nice to know people are enjoying it because even though it was a BL game, it has such a great story overall as well as each character is interesting and unique.

I hope the anime can do their stories justice~ c:
[center]
Jul 28, 2014 9:12 PM

Oct 2010
onoda said:
ZoroZoldyck said:

According to the official site, the blu-ray box will only have 12 episodes + an OVA. (not enough dmmd for me, but at least there's the new game coming this October)

OMG PLEASE TELL ME THE NAME TO THE GAME!!!! <3 or a link would be nice... XD It would probably take months for them to get it English subbed though... I must practice Japanese! But the episode was amazing the animation was on point and the story is going at an extremely good pace, it's not too rushed, but I wonder will they keep the yaoi in and will they have the true route or a combined route? lol :D
Jul 28, 2014 9:18 PM

Oct 2010
haineko123 said:

Me too I was hoping for that adorable ringtone XDD
Jul 29, 2014 4:56 AM

Jan 2009
No more complaints about the animation? Perfect.

For those that were doubting that animation studios can derp and send out beta episodes from time to time (hoping back to episode 3 here for a moment), I was looking to download Black Bullet, and apparently one of the episodes was sent out in beta format as well, though the goof up only happened with one TV station. All the other stations that received the episode got the proper completed version. That was just last season, and a totally different animation company. Proof that mistakes happen right there.

OrchidStarfire said:
haineko123 said:

Me too I was hoping for that adorable ringtone XDD

Yeah. I miss the original ringtone. The new one kinda sucks, honestly. GOATBED, wat r u doing? :(
BTW, Aoba's in-game ringtone is a 16-bit version of AI Catch (the game's opening theme, for those who don't know). 16-bit AI Catch is way better then... whatever ringtone they've shoved on poor Aoba now.
Jul 29, 2014 6:12 AM

Apr 2010
Sigh, I really want Clear to take off his mask, but man there in Mink's place now. -Rolls away-
Jul 29, 2014 6:25 AM

Mar 2011
OrchidStarfire said:
onoda said:

OMG PLEASE TELL ME THE NAME TO THE GAME!!!! <3 or a link would be nice... XD It would probably take months for them to get it English subbed though... I must practice Japanese!

Well you can find details about the game on the official site. It's coming out on October 30 this year but it's only for PS Vita. It'll be called DRAMAtical Murder re:code.
Jul 29, 2014 7:04 AM

Jan 2009
onoda said:
OrchidStarfire said:

OMG PLEASE TELL ME THE NAME TO THE GAME!!!! <3 or a link would be nice... XD It would probably take months for them to get it English subbed though... I must practice Japanese!

Well you can find details about the game on the official site. It's coming out on October 30 this year but it's only for PS Vita. It'll be called DRAMAtical Murder re:code.

Poking around the site, I don't think re:code is actually a new game. It looks like it's just a re-release of the first game, maybe with a little bit more content. For those who doubt, look at the story page on the site and the character profile images. All first game stuff. And anyway, DMMd wouldn't be the first VN to get ported all over the place. While I would like to play it just for the chance of extra content, I would likely have to get a Japanese PSVita because of region locking, and it's not worth it for a single game.
Jul 29, 2014 7:20 AM

Jul 2012
WAAY better than I expected.
Now we are talking, a nice adaptation with good pace and animation.

Not bad at all!
Jul 29, 2014 11:40 AM

Feb 2011
GRAMMA WAT Y DOIN
lol da lil fight
AND WHAT'S HAPPENING
Jul 29, 2014 3:28 PM
Jul 2014
This was the show I was most looking forward to this summer, and the adaptation is awful. I adored the VN so much, and everything about the anime is disappointing. It tries to do too much at once, it brings up scenes for a few seconds then cuts away and expects the audience to remember they're significant despite barely spending any time on them. It's sporadic, unsatisfying, and makes it impossible to build anything interesting before it switches over to yet another scene in the same rinse-and-repeat formula. Also, I figured it wouldn't be any Production I.G. level of animation, but this is the most budget anime I have seen in a very long time. It reminds me of the animation in the first season of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, like there's no actual love put into this project and they just know it's a cheap cash grab.

If you really want to enjoy DRAMAtical MURDER, just get the visual novel and download an English patch. This anime absolutely butchers a fantastic visual novel.
Jul 29, 2014 6:07 PM

Dec 2013
If this is really just 12 episodes, I should have seen some semblance of a plot here- but I've yet to detect even the hint of one. So far all I've seen is the eye candy for the yaoi fans, which is cool if that's what you're into/after, but nothing here to keep me interested.

Dropped.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jul 30, 2014 12:45 PM

Jun 2010
Omg the end~ I fangirled a bit too much

PinkPetals said:
I wonder how "that" is going to work out ^^.

huehueh I doubt they will include it but we'll see
Jul 30, 2014 3:06 PM

Jun 2012
k_neda said:
wtf is wrong with this anime, the conversation between clear and aoba about what happiness is gave me cancer
oops dropped sorry not sorry

LMAO same! I literally sat there thinking is this life changing cause the only thing changing is it going from watching down to dropped.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 24, 2014

62 by girlsbravofan06 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Jul 13, 2014

74 by RVTempest »»
May 7, 2023 1:11 PM

» Dramatical Murder New Webtoon Adaptation

Destinesia - Feb 1, 2023

2 by DxvilTears »»
Feb 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Sep 21, 2014

74 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 11, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 11 Discussion

onoda - Sep 14, 2014

23 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 12, 2022 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.