Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 25, 2014 5:46 PM

Mar 2014
Not bad. It will be interesting where this goes.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 25, 2014 8:22 PM
Oct 2012
Anyone bored and wishing the episode came today already?
Jul 25, 2014 8:26 PM

Apr 2013
BRK25 said:
Anyone bored and wishing the episode came today already?

Oooooooh yes.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jul 25, 2014 8:32 PM
Oct 2012

This is me right now. I am desperate to see what comes next. I also think Lisa is calling the group but if they are smart. They'd disconnect the phone and be certain to have it destroyed to not be tracked or traced by carriers. Like Breaking Bad with all the cell phones they get and break.
Jul 25, 2014 8:33 PM

Jul 2012
It's such a pain to watch this...weekly, because it's so good that I feel like I'm doing injustice by watching this along with other series. That music is incredible, as usual. However, it was kind of funny how they mixed light jazz music with that deduction scene.

Also, cool foreshadowing. From what the brown haired main guy said, it's possible that they'll risk their lives later and have to part with Lisa.
Jul 25, 2014 8:38 PM
Oct 2012
The way Lisa was getting pushed and dragged by her mother and the way she didn't react scared me a lot. I mean really. I've seen those eyes before in anime and in real life and this isn't an understatement of one who's broke or purely cracked.

She shows the side of giving up on the world and I'm guessing she'll play a Death Note kind of role where she wishes to be of some use or help Nine and Twelve. They gave her hope I think and finds herself more useful as a pawn than staying home with a mother like that.
Jul 25, 2014 9:18 PM

Apr 2014
If the theory that Shibasaki is Lisa's dad is true, I wonder if he'll find out that shes an 'accomplice' and it'll affect his detective skills. Who knows?
I can't get enough of this series though. It's a masterpiece, shame its only going for 11 episodes. This anime season so far has been great, bu Zankyou no Terror just makes every other series look crap in comparison.
I can't wait for more information about Nine and Twelve to be revealed and to see how involved Lisa gets with them.
Too bad we have to wait a week :(
Jul 25, 2014 9:24 PM
Oct 2012
I would be very saddened if such is the case. It would work thanks to the timing but an issue cause of how protective the mother must have been for years and grew a wreck. If it has been three years, I understand but for a whole lifetime of protectiveness and obsession is disgusting but helps Lisa's character development. If anything, Terror no Zankyou is shitting on every anime right now and giving lessons of how anime should be done

. Reminds me of Akira where all were using poor quality and reusing footage. But when Akira came with such superfluous animation is when studios went to work to create a higher level. Maybe this will set the bar if they continue.
Jul 25, 2014 9:58 PM

Aug 2009
mayukachan said:
It's such a pain to watch this...weekly, because it's so good that I feel like I'm doing injustice by watching this along with other series. That music is incredible, as usual.

This. I'm really enjoying these episodes thus far. I just want to marathon it to the end. it's so good! Love this anime right here

Jul 26, 2014 2:53 AM

Jul 2014
Wtf what's wrong with Lisa's mom? I hope to see more of her background later. Poor Lisa...

On the other hand, I like this show. Intriguing as always. Looking forward to next episode
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jul 26, 2014 3:14 AM
Feb 2012
It's funny how easily this show is blowing the season's others out of the water.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 26, 2014 3:25 AM

Jun 2013
Till now, this has been the anime of the season for me. Totally flawless as of now. This episode was very good too. Slowly and steadily they are revealing everything about their pasts.

Remember how 9 says ' They were weak and hence they died; we were also weak and hence we were not able to save them'. Well, fast forward to the 3rd episode. You must have seen that almost white haired girl with a blue tint.If you had watched the Opening and the PV, she is actually alive. :D. Also, she is the girl who was unable to climb that fence in the first episode is what I am thinking.. Any views about this?
Jul 26, 2014 3:32 AM
Oct 2012
bleachsai said:
Till now, this has been the anime of the season for me. Totally flawless as of now. This episode was very good too. Slowly and steadily they are revealing everything about their pasts.

Remember how 9 says ' They were weak and hence they died; we were also weak and hence we were not able to save them'. Well, fast forward to the 3rd episode. You must have seen that almost white haired girl with a blue tint.If you had watched the Opening and the PV, she is actually alive. :D. Also, she is the girl who was unable to climb that fence in the first episode is what I am thinking.. Any views about this?

I thought it was Lisa who's screaming on the one going up the wall and the person behind had been Twelve. Ironically, when we see their past, we get to see how Nine looked and shows a very effeminate look with bangs. My theory was debunked in a instant and showed it must have been Five.

Now is she a second generation or a second influx of testing? Or maybe something done in thepas-

HOLY SHIT!

I imagined if Shibasaki is actually Lisa's father, maybe he wasn't there when she was born or briefly. And Lisa's mom grew ill. Maybe they snatched her at some point in the facility or institution to alter her like Nine and Twelve.

Maybe she's been their briefly or before Nine and Twelve came about. Would describe the anxiety and obsession if everything is okay and maybe the Metropolitan Police department knows what really is going on and is keeping their lips shut.

And Shibasaki might have grew wind of this and compared this with a conspiracy theorist cause his kid is gone and vanished. With the father gone now or left int his case, the mother needs Lisa or else she'd fall apart. Post mortem depression for sixteen years? or PTSD of losing her own child like that.
Jul 26, 2014 3:35 AM

Jan 2010
BRK25 said:

HOLY SHIT!

I imagined if Shibasaki is actually Lisa's father, maybe he wasn't there when she was born or briefly. And Lisa's mom grew ill. Maybe they snatched her at some point in the facility or institution to alter her.

Thinking the same possibility too. "Shibasaki had a family. He had his life." Plus, Lisa and Shibasaki kinda look alike.

Hope they got some twist like this. xD

Jul 26, 2014 3:43 AM
Oct 2012
I thought of that and meant to put holy shit as a way to show I JUST thought it up on the spot.

Or maybe she owned a shitty house life. The way her eyes show a lack of focus or care of the world is like how Nine and Twelve been raised without love.

Lisa got lucky to be given a name but nothing else. She must be int he same state as the two protagonists and terrorist and the connection is shared.

Lisa is very average in appearance and she doesn't show any intelligence...or show anything redeemable than taking orders well. I know there's something about her cause I know Shinichiro Watanabe. He wouldn't throw a character in with significant amount of screen time do nothing.

Remembered Faye and how bratty and irresponsible she was? Well, we saw how that'd went.

Mugen? We saw more of him and what he used to take part in and what birthed his lifestyle. Or Jin's sensei and realizing another pupil is alive and having kill him in the process. All types of twists never coming off as shock value as it comes off possible.
Jul 26, 2014 3:43 AM

Jun 2013
BRK25 said:
bleachsai said:

I thought it was Lisa who's screaming on the one going up the wall and the person behind had been Twelve. Ironically, when we see their past, we get to see how Nine looked and shows a very effeminate look with bangs. My theory was debunked in a instant and showed it must have been Five.

Now is she a second generation or a second influx of testing? Or maybe something done in thepas-

Same here mate. I thought Lisa was the one climbing the fence while it was 12 who was in his knees when the entire screen was covered with explosion but after seeing 5 in the orphanage facility after seeing her in the OP and the PV of this anime, it must be her who 9 and 12 were unable to save.

I dont think Shibazaki is Lisa's father. I think 12 or 9 says that Lisa's eyes looked like 5's in the first episode. Which means, either Lisa was not in the orphanage or it was 5 whom the duo was unable to save. 9 said to 12 that Lisa reminds him of her. Anyways, having this feeling that 5 might actually be their foe bearing a grudge against the duo while Lisa might play a very vital role in the end.

Coming to the music part, do I need to say more? The bgms were so aptly placed. The track which played in this episode when 9 reminisces about the past was genuine and authentic earsex material.
Jul 26, 2014 4:17 AM

Aug 2008
People are confusing Lisa with 5? What???? How does 5 look like Lisa......she has white hair for gods sake lol.

Lisa's so pale that my eyes hurt when I look at her. I'm really curious on 9 and 12's past and most definitely Lisa's past! Can't wait for ep 4.

4/5
Jul 26, 2014 5:27 AM
Oct 2012
bleachsai said:
BRK25 said:

Same here mate. I thought Lisa was the one climbing the fence while it was 12 who was in his knees when the entire screen was covered with explosion but after seeing 5 in the orphanage facility after seeing her in the OP and the PV of this anime, it must be her who 9 and 12 were unable to save.

I dont think Shibazaki is Lisa's father. I think 12 or 9 says that Lisa's eyes looked like 5's in the first episode. Which means, either Lisa was not in the orphanage or it was 5 whom the duo was unable to save. 9 said to 12 that Lisa reminds him of her. Anyways, having this feeling that 5 might actually be their foe bearing a grudge against the duo while Lisa might play a very vital role in the end.

Coming to the music part, do I need to say more? The bgms were so aptly placed. The track which played in this episode when 9 reminisces about the past was genuine and authentic earsex material.

I might see it as Five getting some higher level of control or growing more profound with knowledge. She looks and seems in a far different league than Nine and Twelve. If she came from the same place, she may be THE VERY L of the show and Shibasaki acting like another half of L. Is it revenge? Or is she brainwashed to the point she remembers the institution but favors it for what came out. I think what makes this anime hurt for having to wait a week is the originality and no manga/light novel/etc exists and we, america, japan and the rest of the world...will be shock by the events unfolding.
Jul 26, 2014 6:53 AM

Mar 2013
Hohoho, the intrigue. I love it.
Jul 26, 2014 7:59 AM

Apr 2013
Shibasaki ftw.
Jul 26, 2014 9:12 AM

May 2009
CreamZi said:
I like the title of this - Search & Destroy.

:D It immediately brought up the software Spybot Search & Destroy to my mind. :D
Probably also where they took it from. Hehehe.

AICW said:
Also I guess these kids have some serious pocket change if they can expect to just blow 1 million yen (~$9,800) just like that.

This and the ID card manipulation shows that they are skilled enough to be doing a lot of things behind the scenes. Then 1 million yen becomes nothing if they're pooling in money from a lot of random resources. They offered 2 million by the way. Making bombs and practicing also takes a lot of time and money. They'd definitely have their money stashed or arrangements made. What I'm interested is how they went about all of it.
For the 2011 Norway bombing + massacre, Breivik revealed that he planned it out for 9 years and invested around 300,000 Euros.

Here's a wiki quote:
Wikipedia.com said:
Breivik claims that in 2002 (at the age of 23) he started a nine-year-plan to finance the 2011 attacks, founding his own computer programming business while working at the customer service company. He claims that his company grew to six employees and "several offshore bank accounts", and that he made his first million kroner at the age of 24. [...] He sets the cost of the preparations for the attacks at €317,000 – "130,000 out of pocket and 187,500 euros in lost revenue over three years."

And about Lisa and her involvement with 9 and 12... I find it amusing that 9 and 12 decided to go to school in the first place. Is school really a proper cover? Or were they there specifically for Lisa?

tiya_n said:
Wtf what's wrong with Lisa's mom? I hope to see more of her background later.

Ditto. I'm interested to see how her neurosis came to be.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 26, 2014 9:45 AM

Feb 2011
nice! im really loving this series. their paast is rly mysterious
Jul 26, 2014 10:29 AM

Mar 2008
Ah, gorgeous directing and story-telling!

The terrorists don't usually commit their acts merely out of fun. There's always something they want to achieve out of it, something they pursue.
1. This may be a bargain for not performing an act, e.g. money, power, releasing a particular criminal, changing political course etc.
2. This may be the actual state of fear in people in order to manipulate them easier or illustrate power of the organisation behind the terror act.
3. Finally this may be just a f****d up idealogy/mental sickness, similar to the 1995 sarin gas attack, where the act of terror can be explained as an attempt to hasten the Armageddon, i.e. "let's kill everyone to make the world cleaner" kind of thing.
Probably there are more type of reasons I couldn't come up with straight of the bat. And naturally the reality is more complicated and may combine several types together.

So what do 9 and 12 try to accomplish here?
Is it money they're looking for? Nah, with their skills they could've steal without attracting any attention. In fact they already have enough to carelessly spend a million on a crane worker. Have they even asked for anything from the authorities? Nothing.

They have just exploited the government/police holes so far and have likely put common citizens in fear, brought them a feeling of insecurity. It doesn't however look like they plan to manipulate those masses of people. In fact they even try to avoid the casualties and to involve in their acts as less common people as possible. So they simply demonstrate their power. Their target is not so much the citizens, but the government organisations.

What's more, we also know that they intentionally leave hints. And 9 even cries for a good detective to come out already. In a way, it all points to 9's and 12's desire to play at high stakes with the government, where Shibazaki is just a big boss, that very green dragon. Rather than phones, these guys just prefer to play in reality. Most likely because they have such skills developed in that brain-washing orphanage. They are disconnected from the world and just want to play the games in a fashion they are used to.

But is that really the only reason? Do they just enjoy gambling? I think it certainly is a part of their mentality, but far not the only part. Something forces me to think they have something more they want to achieve. In fact, they have managed to establish a cryptic communication channel to somebody from police who is smart enough to decipher their messages. And why do they need someone like that? They need to ensure that government/police knows they have the stolen Plutonium. But again, what do they try to gain from police/government? Could it be that they want to have that orphanage get publicly uncovered and investigated? So, revenge? They were weak, but now they're strong and want revenge for their broken childhood?

I'm also curious about 5.
Apparently, 9 still is hurt by the fact they failed to escape all together. But 5 appears to be alive. And I'm not sure if the guys are aware about this fact. And whose side is she at? Did she end up getting completely brain-washed and is now manipulated by government? Or is she a lone wolf? And what kind of skills does she posses if she's the successful product of that brain-washing facility?

And Lisa. She might get a really good role in all that. Especially if the major speculation of this thread gets confirmed. Imagine she joins the guys, but also figures out that Shibazaki is her dad. This can be played similar to DN, when Light was investigating himself side-by-side next to L. Although I hope the producers will not go this way and choose to create a new twist.

And I'm pretty sure the reason why Shibazaki had to leave Section One, i.e. the death of the Diet member secretary, is tightly related to the orphanage. In this sense, the current Metropolitan Police director Kurohashi seems fishy to me for some reason. I have a gut feeling he might be related to it and will play a huge role in the story later.
And I still also can't quite grasp, why would Shibazaki leave his family (assuming Lisa is his daughter), if the whole purpose he's no longer a detective is due-to his need to take care of his family. Something just doesn't add up here. Is it because he felt so lonely and abandoned in his childhood, that he didn't gain enough experience how to be a proper parent, so he left his family but still supports them with money? Could be, but meh...

Anyway, really like the themes of abandoned kids and their attempts to communicate to the world by means of how they were raised. This seems to be a lot about older and younger generations conflicts. Spiced with grains of autism or other psychological issues, political conspiracy, and nuclear security.
Jul 26, 2014 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
Nothing much happen except that now the Sphinx has a new challenger

Jul 26, 2014 10:50 AM
Oct 2012
Five is from the USA and works for the Nuclear Emergency Support Team or NEST for short. She will help Shibasaki but I'm certain she'll know the boys.

If you read the wiki of NEST',s they sound immense and this would mean Japan will alert Five and the USA the culprits own plutonium and is a lethal radioactive material.

Lisa hasn't been doing much but she's uncovering slowly left and right like Spike. We were left int he dark and then things come together. I feel that Lisa will be very important and her back story may more tragic somehow. Or a tie for Nine and Twelve.
Jul 26, 2014 11:09 AM

Mar 2008
Kundalini said:

And about Lisa and her involvement with 9 and 12... I find it amusing that 9 and 12 decided to go to school in the first place. Is school really a proper cover? Or were they there specifically for Lisa?
Very good question. Judging by how well they are informed and prepared, they either know something about Lisa or another student at the school that we don't know yet and that is crucial for their plan. Or they just needed a location close and convenient enough for their terror acts

Kundalini said:
tiya_n said:
Wtf what's wrong with Lisa's mom? I hope to see more of her background later.

Isn't it implied that her husband has left her, so that she had to raise a child on her own => Stress => Neurosis. No? Of course a lot more could be behind, but this is a very realistic chain of events.
Jul 26, 2014 11:46 AM

Apr 2010
BRK25 said:
Five is from the USA and works for the Nuclear Emergency Support Team or NEST for short. She will help Shibasaki but I'm certain she'll know the boys.

If you read the wiki of NEST',s they sound immense and this would mean Japan will alert Five and the USA the culprits own plutonium and is a lethal radioactive material.

I thought NEST was the U.S. Government's team from the Michael Bay Transformers movies that hunt down Decepticons... lmao
Jul 26, 2014 1:06 PM
Jul 2014
Awww, I thought that police will find a fake bomb this time with something like "Nah, it won't explode." written on it.
Jul 26, 2014 1:14 PM
Oct 2012
ChromeJailer said:
The moment when people love this anime an say it's one of the best this season, but say that anime like Tokyo Ghoul, and Akame ga Kill are overrated and bad -_____- This is far more overrated. I'm not here to hate though. I just stated my opinion.
Anyway, back to the main theme. I didn't read other episodes discussions, or all nine pages of this, just this and the first, but... Doesn't this remind of CSI and stuff like that ?? I dunno. I haven't watched more than a couple episodes of CSI though since I don't enjoy stuff like these. And yeah, Zankyou no Terror is very similar. I dunno. I just don't enjoy this kind of series. I'm thinking of dropping this. But I want to find out about the VON sooo bad xD

Tokyo Ghoul is paced too quickly and the animation and music has nothing on this show when compared. Case and point.

Akame ga Kill is the same run of the mill shows popping up and having no weight to them.

Terror no Zankyou is forcing me whod on't watch anime that often to wait impatiently for the next episode. And you are just not liking it for the sole fact it isn't your cup of tea. Everyone else here likes it or nitpicks but they watch it. Don't like it, drop it, we're not going to kill you but even you need to see the OST, Animation, shading, the proper use of exposition and cinematography use is beating out its competitors.
Jul 26, 2014 1:17 PM
Jul 2014
soulelle said:
Kundalini said:

Very good question. Judging by how well they are informed and prepared, they either know something about Lisa or another student at the school that we don't know yet and that is crucial for their plan. Or they just needed a location close and convenient enough for their terror acts

Kundalini said:

Isn't it implied that her husband has left her, so that she had to raise a child on her own => Stress => Neurosis. No? Of course a lot more could be behind, but this is a very realistic chain of events.

It was said earlier that Shibasaki fits really well for Lisa's father role:
1) It is said that he has a family, though we are never shown him communicating with them.
2) He probably was seperated from his family since the sindicate that he exposed might threaten them, and so they were isolated by witness protection program or something along the lines of that.

Still a perfectly sane person would never go SO rampage as to shout and treat your daughter in such a way in a complicated situation like this.
So maybe Lisa's mom was a bit crazy even before that.

P.S. Knowing 9 and 12 and how they acted for the past 3 episodes, I suppose they know about Lisa quite a lot. Also in the end of the 2nd episode it seemed to me like they knew that Shibasaki was the one who solved the case (even though he was too late)

P.P.S. Wow, it is longpost time.
Jul 26, 2014 1:42 PM

Jul 2010
Atmosphere in this anime is something we don't get often.That mysterious aura...seriously, im going to rate it up from 8 to 9, and who knows if it won't get better in next episodes.
Jul 26, 2014 2:59 PM

Oct 2012
Samauri55ZeRo said:
I'm calling it now the inspector is lisa father...
Also first look at young number Five...

Nice guess, I think that may be true.
Also, it would be interesting to see how Five who was left behind to live her life in Institution was changed in comparison to Nine and Twelve.
Jul 26, 2014 3:19 PM

Mar 2014
Can anyone tell me what the capabilities of plutonium is?
Like could it destroy the whole city of Tokyo or what?
Jul 26, 2014 3:57 PM

May 2009
soulelle said:
Kundalini said:

... Is school really a proper cover? Or were they there specifically for Lisa?
...Judging by how well they are informed and prepared, they either know something about Lisa or another student at the school that we don't know yet and that is crucial for their plan. Or they just needed a location close and convenient enough for their terror acts

Now I'm wondering if they're tampering around with the school's chemistry department supplies. But then again, would they need that? Also, would the school have what they need?
Ooh! Another thought - Lisa is a decoy? She's in the pacman trap!

_RuRo_ said:
soulelle said:

1) It is said that he has a family, though we are never shown him communicating with them.
2) He probably was seperated from his family since the sindicate that he exposed might threaten them, and so they were isolated by witness protection program or something along the lines of that.

Still a perfectly sane person would never go SO rampage as to shout and treat your daughter in such a way in a complicated situation like this.
So maybe Lisa's mom was a bit crazy even before that.

P.S. Knowing 9 and 12 and how they acted for the past 3 episodes, I suppose they know about Lisa quite a lot. Also in the end of the 2nd episode it seemed to me like they knew that Shibasaki was the one who solved the case (even though he was too late)

P.P.S. Wow, it is longpost time.

Longposts indeed. :)
If Shibasaki = Lisa's father + Abandoning family for safety with lack of contact for hiding identity => neurosis, sure. But => obsessive compulsive, and no treatment, secluded lifestyle, trust issues... A lot of things can go wrong. Mental traumas can relapse, the past manifests in the present and fear of repetition usually is a causal factor. Prior inclination to depression and anxiety will increase the severity of panic attacks. Lisa is also the kind who would not reveal her troubles, esp not to her parents. She'd bottle everything up until someone comes and points it out.
What interests me is what exactly were the circumstances. We are just being hypothetical here. Did Shibasaki/the father also lie for the cover up?

Yes. If 9 and 12 did not know about Shibasaki already, they'd be dumb. I mean, who wages a war without knowing who the enemy is? If they're playing with the police, they obviously know who they're targetting. They picked a specific place and a specific department. They knew Shibasaki would come. And they're keeping track of Lisa's movements. I wonder if they're trying to corner Shibasaki in order to push him to weed out the previous instance or more instances within the headquarters/district. That would be a more.. we-will-reveal-the-shit-you-obey-and-work-for scenario.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 26, 2014 4:22 PM
Oct 2012
asdfghjklbreanna said:

http://www.livescience.com/33127-plutonium-more-dangerous-uranium.html

One pound of plutonium dust can kill two million people by inhalation alone on the atmosphere. Don't forget that they may own three four or ten times the amount of plutonium weight. It also has high radation and can cause cancer or destroy the genes. Look at the longevity of it too. 24,1000 years of half life meaning how ling it takes to remove half of its radiation. There another 24,100 years to go. Can be stuck for half a million years depending on the waste.
Jul 26, 2014 4:32 PM
Sep 2013
Ughhh, this isn't gonna be like Death Note is it? Where the main characters are so "cool" because they're so "bad" and "evil" and "different" and some dumb shit like that right? At least the author of Death Note realized what complete douche Light is and killed him off at the end. At least give me something to empathize with why they are doing what they're doing; though, when you're going around killing countless relatively innocent people and acting like there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, its pretty much impossible to empathize.

Anyways, with only 11 episodes, I seriously doubt they're gonna have enough time to create a satisfying story to explain everything.
Jul 26, 2014 4:47 PM
Oct 2012
MrNTR said:
Ughhh, this isn't gonna be like Death Note is it? Where the main characters are so "cool" because they're so "bad" and "evil" and "different" and some dumb shit like that right? At least the author of Death Note realized what complete douche Light is and killed him off at the end. At least give me something to empathize with why they are doing what they're doing; though, when you're going around killing countless relatively innocent people and acting like there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, its pretty much impossible to empathize.

Anyways, with only 11 episodes, I seriously doubt they're gonna have enough time to create a satisfying story to explain everything.

What were you watching? They killed no one, only twenty seven injured and all were very minor. They aren't killing anyone and instead sending messages to the police. I'm sure they'll be time to figure out what's going. Kids on the Slope showed characterization and exposition done right. Also a short series by Watanabe.

I'm sure the story will be satisfying. Seem like you disliked Death Note and having it alter your judgement on this series. Read between the lines and what they discuss.
Jul 26, 2014 6:14 PM
May 2014
BRK25 said:
MrNTR said:

What were you watching? They killed no one, only twenty seven injured and all were very minor. They aren't killing anyone and instead sending messages to the police. I'm sure they'll be time to figure out what's going. Kids on the Slope showed characterization and exposition done right. Also a short series by Watanabe.

I'm sure the story will be satisfying. Seem like you disliked Death Note and having it alter your judgement on this series. Read between the lines and what they discuss.

Yeah, let's excuse terrorists because they *accidentally* didn't kill anyone. What.
The dudes are terrorists. They use bombs, they steal plutonium. Whatever their motives or child traumas are, they are bad guys doing bad stuff to people. I guess that's what MrNTR meant, it's very hard to empathize with that so he/she hopes they won't try to make them cool.

Not saying I'm not enjoying this anime, because I am. It's the best I've seen in a while now and this is getting better each time.

LaHaineJul 26, 2014 6:32 PM
Jul 26, 2014 6:45 PM

Mar 2008
_RuRo_ said:

Yeah, something like this is realistic, I guess. Leave the family with no chance to even tell them what happened, because the whole Diet situation developed all too quickly. So his wife might as well think she was no good and failed as a woman. And he had to move to Archives in order to at least survive and get some money. Yeah, the more I think about it this way, the more realistic it appears. But let's see.

_RuRo_ said:
Still a perfectly sane person would never go SO rampage as to shout and treat your daughter in such a way in a complicated situation like this. So maybe Lisa's mom was a bit crazy even before that.
But of course she is not sane here. She's clearly in quite a hysteric state. I wouldn't necessarily call it a heavy mental disease like schizophrenia. Kundalini pretty much nailed in the post above about the depression, OCD, panic attacks etc. I've seen people destroying furniture in the class just because they were mad in panic mode. In that sense quite a lot of people are actually quite "crazy even before", but this craziness just never gets provoked.

Kundalini said:
We are just being hypothetical here. Did Shibasaki/the father also lie for the cover up?
Yeah, I'd at least believe so. I think at some point of investigation he realized (or he was "forced to realize") the risk for his family so he cut all ties to it. And then at some point the faction leader through his past connections to metropolitan police had him quit the Section One department. I wonder if back then, 15 years ago, Kurahashi was the one who did that. If that's the case, what irony that he has to ask Shibazaki to come back now.

Kundalini said:
Yes. If 9 and 12 did not know about Shibasaki already, they'd be dumb. I mean, who wages a war without knowing who the enemy is? If they're playing with the police, they obviously know who they're targetting. They picked a specific place and a specific department. They knew Shibasaki would come. And they're keeping track of Lisa's movements. I wonder if they're trying to corner Shibasaki in order to push him to weed out the previous instance or more instances within the headquarters/district. That would be a more.. we-will-reveal-the-shit-you-obey-and-work-for scenario.
Haha, at first I was like, no way, that's too far-fetched! But then... well... yes, this is actually a very, very good theory! So let's put it like that, if Lisa really IS Shibazaki's daughter, then everything you wrote sounds very-very likely!

asdfghjklbreanna said:
Plutonium, if it's of proper quantity and quality (which already is a lot of ifs) can be used as a core element for a nuke. Fat Man in Nagasaki had Plutonium-239 at its core. For that you need the knowledge, skills, materials, tool and technology in general. There's a reason why far not every country is capable to produce the nuclear weapons. But of course, nukes are not the only hazard that material like Plutonium can bring. Radioactive pollution is another problem, although I'm not sure if the amount they have stolen would be enough to use it for mass bio weapon by means other than a nuclear explosion.
Jul 26, 2014 8:11 PM
Oct 2012
LaHaine said:
BRK25 said:

Yeah, let's excuse terrorists because they *accidentally* didn't kill anyone. What.
The dudes are terrorists. They use bombs, they steal plutonium. Whatever their motives or child traumas are, they are bad guys doing bad stuff to people. I guess that's what MrNTR meant, it's very hard to empathize with that so he/she hopes they won't try to make them cool.

Not saying I'm not enjoying this anime, because I am. It's the best I've seen in a while now and this is getting better each time.

I would love for you to point out the exact quote of me saying these terrorists act are justified. All I said is they didn't kill anyone. Besides, Terrorism is the act of causing extreme panic and doesn't mean death is a necessary cause. Besides, Kira or Light was killing humans and even fi the intentions was right, he was still wrong from the start.
Jul 26, 2014 8:25 PM
Jun 2014
MrNTR said:

First, the whole time Dath Note makes it clear that Light is a douche and has a horrible fate waiting for him. Second, there's plenty to empathise with. They're two geniuses that have had a traumatic past, they treat each other like brothers and they have some agenda we don't know yet. There's plenty to empathise with. But I feel you really mean sympathise, not empathise. In that case, you're not meant to sympathise with them yet, you're meant to sympathise and side with the police. What you should be thinking at this point is "what happened to these kids that made them become terrorists". You're not meant to be thinking "aww these poor kids" or "they're so cool cos they're evil".
Jul 26, 2014 8:48 PM

Sep 2013
So this going to be a cat-and-mouse game anime like death note and lupin. This is going to be good.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 26, 2014 8:54 PM

Jan 2014
Shots fired from the police force

Hopping on the Shibasaki hype train. Was getting the impression he was a washed up detective from the first few episodes, but glad it was cleared up on why he was sent to the archives

Now we need to get a to know a little more about Lisa. This girl is broken to a point where she needs professional help

Jul 26, 2014 10:00 PM

Jun 2013
BRK25 said:
bleachsai said:

I might see it as Five getting some higher level of control or growing more profound with knowledge. She looks and seems in a far different league than Nine and Twelve. If she came from the same place, she may be THE VERY L of the show and Shibasaki acting like another half of L. Is it revenge? Or is she brainwashed to the point she remembers the institution but favors it for what came out. I think what makes this anime hurt for having to wait a week is the originality and no manga/light novel/etc exists and we, america, japan and the rest of the world...will be shock by the events unfolding.

True. 5, from the dangerously pale hue of her hair and her purple shaded eyes looks somewhat inhumane for THIS anime alone. She is seen to have normal black eyes in this episode and those eyes were strikingly similar to that of Lisa's. 5 definitely must hold a grudge against 9 and 12 because they were unable to save her at that time. But, we saw the explosion clearly. So, what happened to her after that must be somewhat an appalling experience to her from her point of view. From all this, I think that 9 and 12 might actually know that 5 is still alive. Either that or 9 blindly believes that 5 must still be alive and hence the duo are trying to sniff her out of her den by waging war against Tokyo. So, why Tokyo in particular? They are not trying to kill people through their meticulously planned attacks. It is like they are testing the mettle of the police force of Japan and this is where Shibazaki comes in to try and match the duo stride for stride. In all this pandemonium, where does Lisa fit? o.O That's the main headache that should be revealed in the forthcoming episodes.

Also, I don't like how people are comparing ZnT with Death Note. It is actually somewhat difficult to find an anime of this caliber where there is no supernatural element involved owing to the fact that terrorism and thriller are the two main genres with some dash of mystery added here and there. It feels like an insult to ZnT when people compare it with Death Note :|

11 episodes are somewhat too short for this anime. We have found a gem and it lasts for only 11 weeks? Sad. Totally sad. They should or must wrap up the entire story within this 11 eps conclusively without any discrepancies or loopholes or must leave it hanging in the balance at the final episode so as to push for another season in the future.
Jul 26, 2014 10:08 PM

Dec 2013
Meldoy said:
Young Nine really looks like Lisa. Just saying.
I thought that was her when they showed that shot in the pv
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2014 10:11 PM

Jun 2013
YouAreNotSugoi said:
Meldoy said:
Young Nine really looks like Lisa. Just saying.
I thought that was her when they showed that shot in the pv

same here. I thought that was Lisa too and that she was in the orphanage along with 9 and 12 when they showed the flashback in the 1st episode.
Jul 26, 2014 11:05 PM

Dec 2009
I think now that 9 and 12 know that Shibazaki is an ace detective, they're going to guide him to discover the truth behind how they and other children were hidden away and raised. I bet they are the orphans of the first nuclear incident that was mentioned, and I bet the official who committed suicide was indeed killed to cover things up.

Definitely looking forward to how the story will unfold. So many different elements woven together. I wonder how Lisa fits in. If she is Shibazaki's daughter, I will be a little disappointed.
Jul 27, 2014 12:47 AM

Jul 2010
is it just me of Lisa might not Shibazaki's daughter but of the diet member who died whom Shibazaki is investigating, just sayin'
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jul 27, 2014 5:43 AM

May 2013
Razor Shibazaki. That's what they called him. That's what he is.
I like how we know more about his motives and how good he is as a detective.

As for Lisa, I feel sorry her but I guess it's the right choice to run away from her mother.
Hopefully we'll have an episode about her history.

Nine and Twelve have another riddle, but Shibazaki managed to answer this one.
But then again, Nine wanted the police to answer it so that he can confirm that the police know Nine and Twelve stole the plutonium.
I'd still like to know what happened in that child facility.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

866 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:47 PM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.