Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 24, 2009 8:22 PM

Aug 2008
So he get's all four of them with the Tenchi Solution. Random bullshit about people believing in stuff and forgiveness. What else, what else... Oh yes, that blond guy is very bad at aiming and he fails at killing people.
There was that plot hole with Teppei holding on to Charlotte's rope and how she didn't fall from the train when he got shot at that moment.
But there is one redeeming quality of this show:
That little sister is soo cute! And no I'm not a pedo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2009 8:27 PM

Aug 2008
Sylvie has the hips well built for child-bearing. >:D
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Sep 24, 2009 9:06 PM

Aug 2008
Nate2k90 said:
Well At Least Its Over

QFT
Sep 24, 2009 11:49 PM
Feb 2009
cliche till the end...... but i still enjoy it.

but i kinda curious about the flashback (or maybe flashforward?) that teppei saw before he woke up (07:17 - 07:37). who is that girl? i think teppei's father did said her name but the voice was muted that time.
(p.s. no, i dont want a second season just because of that)
flame_tiongSep 24, 2009 11:54 PM
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 25, 2009 2:53 AM

Dec 2008
There were some amusing parts but I really didn't like this ending.
Sep 25, 2009 4:40 AM

Sep 2008
'sigh' This show began with potential and turned to crap half way through. The ending was insanely cliche, and not well done either. (I can enjoy cliche if done well, this was just so generic, cliche and stupid) 5/10
Sep 25, 2009 6:10 AM

Sep 2008
I think I have a top favorite for the worst anime I have ever watched. There was not even ecchi in it to save it somewhat, because everything especially pantsu was just hid under a black spots

A ecchi anime without the ecchi and humor (I don't remember finding anything in it being funny just hope it was not supposed to be a comedy) in it ain't a good combo :d

4/10
Sep 25, 2009 9:31 AM

Apr 2009
Omg. -w-'
Realistic with getting Arima on the bike TWICE.
NICE ENDING. I love it. Everything gets solved. Not. The story sucks. Disappointment.
Sep 25, 2009 10:01 AM

Aug 2008
I'm getting annoyed of Charlotte. "Teppei, Teppei, Teppei." Is that all she can say? Anyways, ending was good.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 25, 2009 1:22 PM
Aug 2008
I actually felt the first half of this episode was pretty good. My biggest complaint with the series is Charlotte being a typical annoying damsel-in-distress who can only go "Teppei, Teppei, Teppei!" whenever she's on screen. The first half of this final episode had her acting serious and at that point I really didn't mind if she was going to win...

But then she went back to her usual annoying self and all goodwill built up til then vanished.

Going into this episode I was wondering if they were ever going to address the issue of Teppei's parents being murdered. I thought at the beginning his father was talking about a conspiracy within the Arima family/organization. It's like the writers went "Oh shit, we totally forgot about this! How are we going to fix this... Fuck it, let's just have Haltman say he did it."

Man though, no fans win with this series. Even the Charlotte fans lose as the whole second half of the series made it clear that she was going to win - only for it to end with Teppei choosing no one! Not even a kiss! I don't even like her and I felt i t was a slap in the face.

This series was such a giant disappointment for me.
Sep 25, 2009 1:56 PM

Jul 2009
Since it's the end, I can finally say this... HEY CHARLOTTE, GO...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 25, 2009 4:31 PM

May 2008
The art in Princess lover was just great :)
Sep 25, 2009 4:33 PM

Aug 2008
Plun said:
I'm getting annoyed of Charlotte. "Teppei, Teppei, Teppei." Is that all she can say? Anyways, ending was good.

Hey now... all she wants is his... (yea, that)...
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Sep 25, 2009 5:00 PM

Feb 2008
I gave this a 6/10 because I liked the first few episodes of the series, Sylvie was awesome, the two bad guys where funny and always made me laugh and I am actually glad that it was an open ending for once. If he ended up with Charlott I would have given this a lower rating.

Don't know if anyone else noticed this because I didn't read the whole thread but when Charlotts dress was blown up from the front it was censored but when her dress was blown up from side on there was only skin which tells me that Charlott wasn't wearing any underwear.

And the girl that Teppi saw up the skirt of, its not ok the see that because it's censored but its ok to flash to a picture of her only in underwear?
Sep 25, 2009 5:04 PM

Jan 2009
Feball3001 said:

Don't know if anyone else noticed this because I didn't read the whole thread but when Charlotts dress was blown up from the front it was censored but when her dress was blown up from side on there was only skin which tells me that Charlott wasn't wearing any underwear.

lol, I noticed that when I was watching
Sep 25, 2009 6:51 PM

May 2008
meh it was okay at first, but they really make the main character ....

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 25, 2009 7:15 PM

Aug 2007
KyuuA4 said:
athlonxp said:
I pretty much just skipped that whole convo between Haltman and Teppei.

That part really really needed to go. Cheesy defines it.

Regardless... I felt rather happy watching this. :D

WinterNightsFall said:
Qft. I could point out how flawed the show was, but I'd be spending a good amount of time doing so. Not to mention that I want the 4 hours of my life I spent watching this back.

Thing is -- if you watched this show seriously... as in trying to pay attention to all the little bits and trying to make sense out of every "plothole"... you won't enjoy it.

Lolwut? So, you mean to say that we should ignore all the horribly huge gaping flaws that this show has? Like in episode 11 when Haltman shot at Teppei when he was hanging onto Charlotte (who was dangling outside of the train in that scene, and then in the next was magically inside of the train), and then in the next episode, he couldn't bring himself to shoot Teppei? Whereas in the previous episode he had no qualms about doing so?

Or, like others have been saying, how Teppei just forgives Haltman for killing his mum and dad?

Jesus, you don't even need to pay attention to notice how flawed this show is.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Sep 25, 2009 7:52 PM

Feb 2008
wow, i lol'd the cheesy "lets all get along" speech at the end, and all the WTF moments with Arima.
and Haltman is pretty much the worst antagonist ever. 4/10
SeeSawSep 25, 2009 7:57 PM
Sep 25, 2009 7:59 PM

Oct 2008
It 'twas a decent ending.

Sep 25, 2009 9:07 PM

Apr 2009
Ahh...everything was predictable -.-'

Well,after episode 6 everything gone wrong!
The characters loose their sense of danger,and it seens the
physical laws have no meaning here,I don't need to explain,everyone here knows.

In the end,I just like the two terrorists/kidnappers and their background as someone poor who would want to learn medicine(and looks like Charlotte don't give a fu** about it...).

So,after all I will give a 6/10 because of the first 6 episodes,if were not them,this would receive a 3... :/
Sep 25, 2009 9:26 PM

Aug 2008
WinterNightsFall said:
you don't even need to pay attention to notice how flawed this show is.

The fact that you paid attention to that completely sent you to the anger zone. LOL.

WinterNightsFall said:
Lolwut? So, you mean to say that we should ignore all the horribly huge gaping flaws that this show has?

YES.

Look at you. You're trying to analyze something that completely doesn't make sense; and it's driving you crazy. It's seriously not worth the effort. To expect a sensible plot out of this series is completely unreasonable.

Sep 25, 2009 9:32 PM

Mar 2009
Well damn. That was a lame ending. It lacked any real coherence, tried to hard to be a harem, comedy, and action anime all at once and they didn't really tie up the relationship ends.

I was bloody stoked for this show after I saw Teppei spar with Sylvie, but it let me down. Sylvie was by far the best character in the show and I only wish they would have ended it with her. At least we got to see her kiss Teppei.
Sep 25, 2009 9:35 PM

Jul 2007
This series had a great start. Like a breath of fresh air when compared to most other harem series.
Funny jokes and amusing anime references, and the main male character wasn't a complete wuss.
The censor stuff didn't bother me either.
But then Charlotte got held hostage and things got "serious". Which pretty much ruined rest of the series for me.

Still I'll give it a 7/10 just because of the first half of the series.
Sep 25, 2009 10:50 PM

Aug 2007
KyuuA4 said:
WinterNightsFall said:
you don't even need to pay attention to notice how flawed this show is.

The fact that you paid attention to that completely sent you to the anger zone. LOL.

WinterNightsFall said:
Lolwut? So, you mean to say that we should ignore all the horribly huge gaping flaws that this show has?

YES.

Look at you. You're trying to analyze something that completely doesn't make sense; and it's driving you crazy. It's seriously not worth the effort. To expect a sensible plot out of this series is completely unreasonable.

Anger zone? Yar. I'm totally pissed right now. >:O

And I'm pretty sure that reading the CSR novels while watching this counts as not paying attention. :P

I can understand that you're saying not to 'analyze' this show, but it actually takes effort to not notice all the crap.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Sep 26, 2009 12:08 AM

May 2008
It was an OK Series.
Sep 26, 2009 12:46 AM

Aug 2008
Possibly one of the worst endings for possibly one of the worst anime of all time. This show sucked balls. The only good things about it were Yuu and Sylvie.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Sep 26, 2009 2:35 AM

Jul 2008
watched it because it was a little different. but in the 2nd half it wasnt really worth watching.

Sep 26, 2009 7:27 AM

Nov 2008
EvilxSnowman said:

Haltman: I killed your parents
Teppei: ... nah, i'm ok with that

^ridiculous^
I'm quite satisfied though that bad guy has just become a nice guy, I would like to say he should be jailed but: "That's why I forgive everything you did."
Oh well.
Sep 26, 2009 10:03 AM

May 2008
I hate to say it, but no surprises in the last episode.
but he still has the harem in his hands ^^

anyway gave this show a 7/10
liked the comedy side in the series, but i wasnt to pulled in the romance, he kinda showed more feelings towards charlotte, which i didnt really want. but anyway it ended normally with no choosing.
Sep 26, 2009 12:22 PM

Oct 2008
virgo_sama said:
EvilxSnowman said:

^ridiculous^
I'm quite satisfied though that bad guy has just become a nice guy, I would like to say he should be jailed but: "That's why I forgive everything you did."
Oh well.

Exactly. Haltman didn't even get his ass kicked in the anime even though, he not only killed Teppei's parents, he tried killing his partner who loved him as well.
I didn't expect people to die in this show because it's kinda cheery but I didn't expect it to be so cheery that bad guys get away with their wrong doings.
I appreciate the attempt at making an anime based on a dating sim deeper than it seems but I didn't like how it ended. Besides, Teppei didn't have much of a character.
Sep 26, 2009 1:34 PM

Jul 2009
Rebella said:
virgo_sama said:
EvilxSnowman said:

^ridiculous^
Oh well.

Exactly. Haltman didn't even get his ass kicked in the anime even though, he not only killed Teppei's parents, he tried killing his partner who loved him as well.
I didn't expect people to die in this show because it's kinda cheery but I didn't expect it to be so cheery that bad guys get away with their wrong doings.
I appreciate the attempt at making an anime based on a dating sim deeper than it seems but I didn't like how it ended. Besides, Teppei didn't have much of a character.

Summary in 2 words: THIS... SUX!!!

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Sep 27, 2009 12:48 AM

Aug 2008
Alfred wins

Sep 27, 2009 5:07 AM

Nov 2007
FAIL
glad it`s finally over XD
Sep 27, 2009 12:04 PM

May 2008
horrible ending, would have been much better if Charlotte died. I hate her >.>

and wtf is with forgiving the one who killed your parents for no reason? horrible anime. just horrible
Sep 27, 2009 2:44 PM

Sep 2007
The anime was not great but it was fun to watch, even if it was only to laugh about all the WTF situations ["Oh, I killed your parents." | "Life as it's ups and downs, just try again"]. I think I'll just make it 7/10. =)

Sep 27, 2009 7:04 PM

Feb 2008
4/10.

Some good characters, that had minor roles. Teppe was a wuss when it came down to business, hurr durr, im ok with you killing my parents.
Sep 27, 2009 7:32 PM

Jan 2008
I was totally expecting this ending from a harem genre standpoint.

However there is one thing that is unforgivable...that was a guy who murders multiple people, attempted murders, kidnaps, commit acts of fraud, destruction of property, hijacking, and commits several counts of terrorism (I hate using that term for it's stigmatization is recent years, but in this case it's most suitable)...(list goes on); gets to go on with his with all his (now) wealthy life, with a slap on the wrist. This can only be forgiven with painful torture and death!!! At the very least imprisonment and sodomizing. Arima Tepei is a pansy. He's a nice guy, but still a pansy. What kind retard (yes I'm using that term b/c only people messed up in the head, or religious pussies think this way) forgives a villain who intentionally murders Tepei's parents, kidnaps (in bondage) his love interest (potential future wife), (supposedly) kills another person in front of him in a bloody mess, just to blurt out some cheesy bullshit that nobody cares about at this point in time, and then says he forgives everything he's done and even tells him to go on with his life striving to achieve higher.

Fortunately, situations like these can only happen in fiction...unless those people forgiving of murdering terrorists are either saints or simply have an immature mindset of child who believes everybody can just get along with sharing !@#$ing cookies and putting air in a bag saying they put "happiness" inside.

The proper ending of this downward spiral anime title should of had to redeem themselves of crappy censoring, stupid jokes, and just plain wtf moments (female missile legs on a motorcycle? c'mon, really...), was that Arima should of used his sword and !@#$ing cut off that bastards hands, then his legs, then his penis, and finally stabbing in his heart repeatedly...or the alternative ending where he slices his entire body in half right down the middle. Either would have earned this series a 10/10 for me. Unfortunately, they only get 7/10 for their fan-service, and Alfred chucking that douche into the river, but STILL didn't kill him. How the !@#$ did that asshole return from the depths of river waters in his same clothes, to the bedside of the person he tried to kill (also a bad idea: giving the killer a second chance to kill the same person). I honestly hope that's a dead corpse laying next to her for Josephine's potentially unknown necrophilia fetish enjoyment when she wakes up. If it wasn't for the fan-service and Alfred's hilarious antics, This series would have been a 4/10 for me.
Sep 27, 2009 7:41 PM
Jan 2008

you said it...that pretty much sums up what more than 3/4 of people who watched this crap are thinking.
Sep 28, 2009 12:58 AM

Sep 2008
... how did he get his sword back?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2009 4:37 AM

Jul 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
... how did he get his sword back?

Using his master jedi powers.
ANYWAY i cant say i totally hated the ending. But at the same time its been a while since ive watched an anime with a solid ending.(that i love)
Sep 28, 2009 7:50 AM

Aug 2007
+1 vote for Arima Teppei the messiah.
Sep 28, 2009 8:25 AM

Jan 2009
The two terrorists being doctors from the internet was most lol.

Ending was so so.
Sep 28, 2009 7:23 PM

Mar 2009
kisami said:
ridiculous. completely useless.

Indeed. That's the sum of Princess Lover.

The reasoning for both the good guys and bad guys are so lame that I felt relieved that it's finally over. C'mon, forgive the murderer of your parents, just because that thief was insulted by a hard working man. C'mon! And the bad guys' reasoning that because the Arima's are rich so that they want to destroy their building. WTF? So the dude kept staring at the Arima building just being envious and not working hard to become a somebody. What are they expecting? Handouts?

Princess Lover should have been made into an H-Anime instead.

3/10 for the fanservice and art.
Sep 28, 2009 9:53 PM

Sep 2009
arima teppei made me realize how stupid this anime is.
this anime had potential wasnt bad here and there but just retarded at the end
Sep 28, 2009 11:25 PM
Jan 2009
Haltman is an excellent shooter. No sarcasm there. Takes much more skill to just scratch a guy on the face with a shot than to actually blow a hole in the head.

Am I the only one sympathetic towards Haltman? Clearly, the rich man Arima Isshin had no understanding of the difficulties the poor face. How can you expect a poor boy in rags to walk proudly through the front door into a luxury hotel? How can he get by without stealing? Actively stealing already shows his will and effort to survive. A poor boy like Haltman with no one and nothing to rely on cannot possibly work his way up in reality.

People often say "Oh, I didn't mean it that way" it does not matter what you meant. What matters is how the other guy understood what you said. Results matter not the effort, not the intentions.

Pretty entertaining and all, this anime. It makes me sick from time to time how nice they portray the rich are.

I think if this harem anime is considered bad then there are ones much worse out there. At least this one has some hint of a plot and to me, doesn't seem too typical and the fan service, in style, feels a little different. I like the art a lot.
Anyone know the illustrator?

+1 vote for Arima Teppei the messiah.
The third coming of the Messiah. We're gonna get massacred by God again.
KanarisSep 28, 2009 11:29 PM
Sep 29, 2009 5:09 AM

Mar 2009
Ok. So Haltman is poor.

Does that revoke the right of Old Man Arima to scold little Haltman? Everything that the old man said was true. Billionaires in real life poured blood, sweat, and tears to reach where they are now. They went from nothing to something.

As for the poor. They're poor because they're lazy.

Haltman's angry at rich people because they worked hard. Ok. If there are no rich folks the poor wouldn't get employment.

No employment = No money.

Unless you're going communist or socialist then that's fine. Everyone's lazy.
Sep 29, 2009 7:18 PM
Feb 2009
W0w0w0w0w looks like he picked all of em??
Sep 29, 2009 7:19 PM
Feb 2009
ye the 2 doctors :)
Oct 1, 2009 12:11 AM

Aug 2009
i like the part when Teppei and Yuu is dancing. :]

and why the hell did teppei forgive hartmann!?
is that okay when he knows that the one who killed his parents is hartmann and is standing in front of him!?

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Oct 1, 2009 3:50 AM

May 2009
that was bad and boring. First episodes were fun, after that it became awful.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

loplop - Aug 23, 2009

103 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

loplop - Aug 9, 2009

117 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 6:48 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loplop - Jul 26, 2009

73 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 6:26 AM

» Who does Teppei end up with?

adityasingh2705 - Jul 5, 2021

26 by Taizaki-han »»
Jan 30, 2022 12:04 PM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

loplop - Aug 30, 2009

106 by L-Mo-Reppin »»
Sep 1, 2020 12:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.