Forum Settings
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 23, 2014 4:14 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the group are talking about technology and the gestures so far are kinda fun to read :D

I think this might be the calm chapter before the storm. I could also picture my head where Yukino is waving her hand like she did in the anime with these short words: "“Yes, good bye.”
TyrelJan 12, 2016 9:33 PM
Apr 28, 2014 7:26 PM

Aug 2013
Chapter 1 is out.

Started off with the usual antics from Hayama's happy group with some slight tension between Miura and Hayama. Lol at Madoka's reference.

Again, Isshiki came to request something selfish to Hoshi-bu. Hikki drove her away and decide to help her personally without letting the other two know. Now this reminds me of Bitch Sagami's request.

Until now i still couldn't figure out about Isshiki's strange affection for Hikki, and what was going on Yukino's head.
May 1, 2014 5:32 AM
Aug 2012
Finally got my copy, peeked some last pages.
May 13, 2014 1:28 PM

Apr 2013

My heart... I can't take it anymore. Hikki, just confess your true feelings!
May 13, 2014 8:30 PM

Aug 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:

Hikki x Sensei is really an OTP.
May 14, 2014 10:29 AM

Apr 2013
Beast666 said:
YumeNoMonogatari said:

Hikki x Sensei is really an OTP.

Shizuka is life, Shizuka is love...
May 15, 2014 12:17 AM
Aug 2012
Finished reading.
May 16, 2014 8:31 AM
Jul 2009
What a strange turn of events as of chapter 6...

Samurai_ZeroMay 16, 2014 8:44 AM
May 16, 2014 3:05 PM

Apr 2013
Samurai_Zero said:
What a strange turn of events as of chapter 6...

May 16, 2014 11:56 PM

Nov 2011
Oh wow, wasn't expecting that. I think I just took a feels trip there.
May 17, 2014 1:40 AM

Aug 2013
Wow i never expected Hikki to almost let his tears flowing down, i got manly tears from that. It's been a while when i saw a male lead to let their own sadness got the best of them since

This is definitely the best volume so far.

Hikki OS : http://i.imgur.com/WKwH47G.jpg
May 19, 2014 9:52 AM

Aug 2013
The Disneyland visit is really great. Lol at Zvesda and Nyanpasu reference
May 19, 2014 1:26 PM
May 2011
Does anyone know how many chapters is in volume 9?
May 20, 2014 2:21 AM
Aug 2012
10 chapters.

There are 429 pages in this volume and it's translated to page 342.

Edit: I meant part 1 of chapter 8.
moyangMay 21, 2014 6:01 AM
May 20, 2014 9:36 PM
Jul 2009
Kept re-reading rollercoaster scene of chapter 8 cuz my heart kept going HNNGGGGHH. Can't wait to see that scene get animated!
May 23, 2014 4:05 PM

Nov 2011
BuBlicious said:
Does anyone know how many chapters is in volume 9?

10 chapters and looks like there's one more left we will be waiting for to come out soon.
May 28, 2014 6:15 AM

Aug 2013
Chapter 8.

*reading on the rollercoaster scene*
There's no way Yukinoshita Yukino can be this cute :3

And i'm torn between Yukino or Isshiki.
Nah forget it, Yukino all the way !
May 28, 2014 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
>“Please take responsibility, okay?”
Oh Isshiki. The thought of Disneyland brings back a lot of nostalgia..
Jun 2, 2014 1:12 PM
Jun 2014
I still didn't get why she wanted to be class president or whatever.She had to know that this would end the service club. I still don't get why she got so angry at him with the whole field trip thing. Hell, Hachiman is the only one in the group who's actually helping people. His methods might not be to everyone's liking but they always seem to put the burden of helping someone to him.

I was rooting for Yukino in the beginning, but now, with a lot of her actions over the last 3 volumes have made me hope that he ends up with someone else. The thing with her not wanting to be seen with him in the inn, to her actions in the last two volumes make me not like her.
Jun 3, 2014 5:27 AM
May 2011
hvgill said:

I was rooting for Yukino in the beginning, but now, with a lot of her actions over the last 3 volumes have made me hope that he ends up with someone else. The thing with her not wanting to be seen with him in the inn, to her actions in the last two volumes make me not like her.

The rest is mostly explainable as well, but the way she acts in the last chapters of the last volume is just too adorable
Jun 3, 2014 9:51 AM

Mar 2014
Is Iroha actually in love with Hayato? To me it seems like she initialy was, but has grown more attached to Hachiman.

I might be over analyzing this, but to me it seems like she faked the confession so she could get closer to Hachiman. Am I on to something or is it just wishful thinking?

Also: “Please take responsibility, okay?” is just too cute.
Jun 3, 2014 9:56 AM
Apr 2014
This is an amazing novel! just love reading it.... completed 3 volumes in 2 days, just keeps me entertained and occupied. Just love how the author came up with such crazy theories which are in way perfectly true and fitting in many occasions XD

Btw can some one tell me where i can find the latest translated chapters, so i have only found the translated chapters on wikipedia, and there are only 7,8 & 9 vol. translated there. If someone could PM me i'd really appreciate it!
Jun 3, 2014 11:29 AM
May 2011
TehSkullkid said:
Is Iroha actually in love with Hayato? To me it seems like she initialy was, but has grown more attached to Hachiman.

I might be over analyzing this, but to me it seems like she faked the confession so she could get closer to Hachiman. Am I on to something or is it just wishful thinking?

Also: “Please take responsibility, okay?” is just too cute.

Other readers draw similarities between Irohasu and Taiga from Toradora, with which I agree so far. Shame she is a side character, but she definitely brings some mood to the series.

sunilnamikaze said:

Btw can some one tell me where i can find the latest translated chapters, so i have only found the translated chapters on wikipedia, and there are only 7,8 & 9 vol. translated there. If someone could PM me i'd really appreciate it!

So far only 9 volumes are released and we're still waiting for Spyro-sensei to finish off the remaining chapters of volume 9 (baka-tsuki).
Jun 9, 2014 5:15 AM

Aug 2013
Hachiman and Yukino are so badass in that conference. It's about time to knock some sense into that annoying indecisive Prez (Tamanawa).

And Hayama..... i'm not sure what's going on within this man's head
loli_a_ravioliJun 9, 2014 5:18 AM
Jun 9, 2014 8:26 AM

Apr 2013

That line is so perfect
Jun 9, 2014 6:21 PM
Jun 2014
It'd be cute if Irohasu really liked 8man, though I'm still rooting for Yui x 8man. Looks like things would be brighter with how things go so far. I can't wait!
Jun 10, 2014 1:20 AM
Jun 2014
I actually wonder if Hachiman will get some kind of love confession soon. It almost seems like a perfect time to have Yui miss her opportunity and have one of the other girls do it. I assume it wouldn't be Yukino since she likely knows how Yui feels. It would be interesting to see how it would change Hachiman and Yui's relationship. You could also have him turn Yui down too.

Also, it's great to see Hachiman and Rumi interacting again. She's definitely the miniature version of Yukino. I wonder if the play will help her find new friends.
hvgillJun 10, 2014 2:58 AM
Jun 10, 2014 2:13 AM
Jun 2014
Beast666 said:
Hachiman and Yukino are so badass in that conference. It's about time to knock some sense into that annoying indecisive Prez (Tamanawa).

And Hayama..... i'm not sure what's going on within this man's head

I get the feeling that she acted that way to protect Hachiman. That's probably one of her reasons she decided to run for class president or whatever. She knows that as long as they continue helping people that he'll continue hurting himself for ths sake of others. She figures that at least this way they can be hurt together.
Jun 13, 2014 1:39 AM
Jun 2014
Chapter 10 is out now.
Jun 13, 2014 6:23 AM

Aug 2013
Finally it ends. I wonder what is that 'riddle'...

For the love of God i hope that in the next volume we will see an actual and significant development of the romance, since author has said that the story is reaching its final stage.
Jun 13, 2014 7:33 AM
Aug 2011
Now that the novel has been COMPLETED I require a CONSENSUS from all of you for the task of BRAINSTORMING in order to create an EVENT emphasizing SYNERGY ...
Oh pardon, I meant to say it's short summary time:

Hikki tearing up was the highlight, expressing desire for "something genuine" made a very gripping moment. He started changing himself and others, and it's only the beginning.

That panda cup at the end is supposed to symbolise Hikki finally being fully accepted and finding a place in that club I'm guessing. About time.

Even if Watari claims he's ending this soon there are too many loose ends. Hikigaya only just started to grow, there's Yukinoshita, Haruno and that family circumstances, no progress on love plotlines has been made as well, that Hayama circle must collapse soon..
Two volumes wouldn't be enough to cover all. Much more is needed.

Hayama is evil, but should this really be a surprise? People who're unnaturally nice are usually bastards on the inside, even more so in fiction then real life. Didn't trust him one bit from the start..

The conference was pure brilliance. All that empty talk and pretend-work reminded my of my Universty days, both professors and students acting that way, all too familiar eerie feeling (shiver).
NeizaruJun 13, 2014 8:12 AM

Jun 13, 2014 7:37 AM
Jun 2014
Beast666 said:
Finally it ends. I wonder what is that 'riddle'...

For the love of God i hope that in the next volume we will see an actual and significant development of the romance, since author has said that the story is reaching its final stage.

Yeah,I read that as well. I hope they don't try to jam everything into 1 or 2 volumes. Hell, it's difficult for me to see any romance happening at this point. They still haven't even gotten into Yukino's family issues, and the 3 in the club still are trying to get to know one another.

I just hope Hachiman gets some kind of good ending but I fear he will not. I just don't see the pay off of this series being a romantic relationship. I tink the pay off will be how much he's "grown", and how many "genuine" friends he has gained.

Besides,in 10 years ,we all know Rumi will become an idol and make Hachiman's dream of becoming a house husband come true.
hvgillJun 13, 2014 8:11 AM
Jun 13, 2014 10:50 AM

Dec 2013
Im glad all returned back to normal :)
pab1994Jun 13, 2014 11:03 AM
Jun 14, 2014 2:06 PM

Apr 2010
From paper cup to Pan-san teacup. The smell of tea is warmly back.

I wholeheartedly endorse Yukino's interjection before Tamanawa goes all: SYNERGY ! !
Jun 14, 2014 3:07 PM

Nov 2011
Wow that was wonderful, what a conclusion to this volume with a Christmas celebration <3

I hope this will be adapted into anime form!
Jun 18, 2014 7:54 AM
Jul 2009
Incredible volume as usual. My only gripe is how mellow everything ended in the last chapter, considering how much of a rollercoaster (no pun intended) it was in the middle. Though there is a lot of meaning behind the resolutions, i can't help but want somethig more cconcrete to end this volume with.

On a side note, Yukino has managed to steal my heart back with her own 'wish' that she requested of 8man.

Well, guess I'll be devoid of life until volume 10 in the meantime.
Jun 26, 2014 11:02 PM
Sep 2010
this series will most likely have around 3-4 volumes more. 1 focusing on yukino and hayama's past (a request probably from hayama), yukino opening up to the two (probably her turn for a request), something in between then the finale.

now to wait for volume 10 in a couple of months.. >_>
Jul 1, 2014 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
Drama CD of vol 6.5 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j0TiXf_cU0#t=24

For some reason i felt the song is describing about vol 9
loli_a_ravioliJul 1, 2014 8:49 PM
Jul 28, 2014 4:00 PM
Jul 2013
Few things:

1. That Tamanananana or whatever his name is (the president of the other school) and his SYNERGY that looks at COST PERFORMANCE literally nagged me the entire time. That kid needed a slap LOL

2. As with everyone (or most people) who are wondering, I think this "riddle", or the unfinished request, has to do with Hikigaya wanting something "genuine". Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Hikigaya went to the club with his request, he also made a comment about wanting to find something genuine. Maybe that's what Yukino is referring to when she says the request still isn't finished? Thoughts anyone?

3. Iroha calling Hikigaya "Senpai" only vs how she refers to everyone else's names followed by senpai is quite intriguing. Maybe it's just there to rouse our curiosity, or maybe there's more to it?

4. I really hope there some sort of confession towards Hikigaya soon. As well as the mystery behind Yukino's family, and the real reason behind Yui's interest in Hikigaya (yes he saved her dog, but there's gotta be more to that)

/endrant
Jul 31, 2014 10:51 PM
Jun 2014
K1ngOfHeroes said:
Few things:

1. That Tamanananana or whatever his name is (the president of the other school) and his SYNERGY that looks at COST PERFORMANCE literally nagged me the entire time. That kid needed a slap LOL

2. As with everyone (or most people) who are wondering, I think this "riddle", or the unfinished request, has to do with Hikigaya wanting something "genuine". Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Hikigaya went to the club with his request, he also made a comment about wanting to find something genuine. Maybe that's what Yukino is referring to when she says the request still isn't finished? Thoughts anyone?

3. Iroha calling Hikigaya "Senpai" only vs how she refers to everyone else's names followed by senpai is quite intriguing. Maybe it's just there to rouse our curiosity, or maybe there's more to it?

4. I really hope there some sort of confession towards Hikigaya soon. As well as the mystery behind Yukino's family, and the real reason behind Yui's interest in Hikigaya (yes he saved her dog, but there's gotta be more to that)

/endrant
g

2. Yeah, I think what he seeks, and what the other service club members seek is a genuine connection with each other. Meaning, they all want someone to lean on when times get tough or just someone you ca truly rely on. I think this story is more about friendship and less about romantic relationships. Hence, My teenage romantic comedy isn't what I expected.

3. Yeah , she's one of the many suspects in a possible confession to Hikigaya . I fully expect it to be someone we didn' t expectt to do it, though. I'm putting all my money into Saki being the one to confess to him. Someone will definitely beat Yui to the punch.

4. I expect volume 10 will deal with the whole Yukinoshita family and all ofYukino's problems. INot only Yui's interest, but how does everyone around him actually feel about him.
Aug 1, 2014 1:47 AM

May 2014
Just finished Vol 9 and here are just some of my thoughts (although they might be far from true of what is happening because I fail to read both between lines and emotions):
1. I checked predictions of future volumes and ending of story, but that Hayato x Yukino thing ... I just don't get it. I saw those small hints (like Hayate saying that he likes someone and Yukinon mentioning him once), but it would still makes no sense for me why so many people came to this conclusion. Explanation would be nice.
2. In this chapter I can finally see both Yukinon and Hikigayas growth/change. Their becoming to emotional. But that was expected. I always thought that this story was different because them/main characters. Although no matter how I look into this story it looks like that the only reason why Yui is main character is because author needed someone to compare Yukino and Hikki to - their opposite.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2014 6:37 AM
Jun 2014
Sparteh said:
Just finished Vol 9 and here are just some of my thoughts (although they might be far from true of what is happening because I fail to read both between lines and emotions):
1. I checked predictions of future volumes and ending of story, but that Hayato x Yukino thing ... I just don't get it. I saw those small hints (like Hayate saying that he likes someone and Yukinon mentioning him once), but it would still makes no sense for me why so many people came to this conclusion. Explanation would be nice.
2. In this chapter I can finally see both Yukinon and Hikigayas growth/change. Their becoming to emotional. But that was expected. I always thought that this story was different because them/main characters. Although no matter how I look into this story it looks like that the only reason why Yui is main character is because author needed someone to compare Yukino and Hikki to - their opposite.

1. I made that prediction based on those hints and what the author mentioned in that first afterword. To be honest, much like Hikigaya, I don't see her as being capable of being in a relationship right now. For all we know, the author put that hint about him liking a person who's name started with "Y" , was so that we would assume it was Yukino. It very well might be that hel ikes Yui, but knows that she likes Hikigaya.
Aug 1, 2014 7:22 PM
Sep 2012
I have 2 prediction on Yukino and Hayama matter
1 - Hikki and Yukino will grow closer, each accepting the other and Hayama whatever he might fells he has to get over it and move on.
2 - Hikki starts to like Yukino, but Hayama will ask Hikki for his help on fixing his relation with Yukion and one thing leads to another then his romantic comedy will be as wrong as we expected.
3 - it all might just be that the girl he likes isn't Yukino.
But I have this ill feeling that 2 is most likely to happen.
I, personally want to see 1, it doesn't even have to romantic, the 2 of them grow and accepting, while Hayama learning to let go is fine with me.
Aug 19, 2014 1:35 AM

Aug 2013
as Hachiman says at the end of the volume he is still looking for a response, and this response I think it may be falling in love with someone, so I do not think Hachiman go finish alone

and when I read volume 8 had the feeling that Hayato had feelings for Yukinoshita Haruno, sister of Yukino, but you never know
I liked the character Isshiki, I do not know what she's thinking, but I like to see their relationship with Hachiman
and I'm curious to know why Hiratsuka approached Hachiman of Yukino, I believe there is something she wants that Hachiman do by Yukino

quite liked the drama placed in this volume and as Hachiman is evolving, he is becoming more gentle according to continues the LN
but hopefully the LN and continues to surprise me ..
Aug 20, 2014 8:30 AM

Jul 2013
Done finishing this volume. I dunno but I started to warm up when 8man started tearing up.
Aug 21, 2014 9:50 PM
Sep 2012
drama_menck said:
as Hachiman says at the end of the volume he is still looking for a response, and this response I think it may be falling in love with someone, so I do not think Hachiman go finish alone

and when I read volume 8 had the feeling that Hayato had feelings for Yukinoshita Haruno, sister of Yukino, but you never know
I liked the character Isshiki, I do not know what she's thinking, but I like to see their relationship with Hachiman
and I'm curious to know why Hiratsuka approached Hachiman of Yukino, I believe there is something she wants that Hachiman do by Yukino

quite liked the drama placed in this volume and as Hachiman is evolving, he is becoming more gentle according to continues the LN
but hopefully the LN and continues to surprise me ..

Yeah I also felt that, like in volume 8 when haruno called hayato and he came running
Oct 5, 2014 1:53 AM

Jun 2013
" I want something genuine "
when hikki said that, it really felt heartwarming.

We finally see 8man properly accepted as a member of service club with pan-san cup.

And those signs of romance given by yukipidea and isshiki and in some way, kawasaki.

We finally might see some romantic development after all.

Despite author saying that the series is on it's final chapter, I hope the author releases 4 more volumes, that way we can see everything covered.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Oct 5, 2014 4:17 AM

May 2014
Any information when next volume is going to be released?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2014 7:10 AM
Aug 2012
Sparteh said:
Any information when next volume is going to be released?
Nov. 17
Nov 13, 2014 5:18 PM

Nov 2014
Can anyone make a summary for volume 9?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone think the anime is way better, or am I just crazy?

Eggs_Dee - Feb 20, 2023

10 by Playcool »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Volume 14 Discussion

Playcool - Feb 25, 2023

3 by TitanInsane »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:24 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 168 Discussion

Revanzz - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Chapter 1 Discussion

ZeroZx - Nov 10, 2012

5 by Revanzz »»
Jun 26, 2023 2:13 AM

» Worth reading? Even after seeing anime?

cloolessJok3r - Apr 3, 2022

4 by Hitagi__Furude »»
Apr 30, 2023 8:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.