Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 5, 2013 1:40 PM

Mar 2013
Mm, that hospital thing is bothering me too. Both Shion and Mion were supposedly dead by the time Keiichi was in hospital after being stabbed by Shion, so who was it that appeared then?

Shion, you're a crazy bitch. But you do make some funny faces.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Jun 19, 2013 5:12 PM

Jul 2012
This is what happend in my opinion.. I might be wrong.

The person at the hospital was Shion!! Shion that appeared at the hospital was covered in blood.. Could it be that she just survived the fall? They were confused because they thought Mion was doing all the killings and that she stabbed Kei and cause Shion to fall from the building. But they found Mion's body in the well and realized she was already dead when Kei was stubbed and Shion was "murdered".
So the fake one was Shion's dead body. Either it was Shion and seemed dead but she wasn't (maybe she is really a demon) or it was something that looked like her and the real shion survived and immediately run off to kill keiichi..

Anyway the show is awesome so far!
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Jun 20, 2013 2:30 AM

Aug 2009
Maioula said:
This is what happend in my opinion.. I might be wrong.

The person at the hospital was Shion!! Shion that appeared at the hospital was covered in blood.. Could it be that she just survived the fall? They were confused because they thought Mion was doing all the killings and that she stabbed Kei and cause Shion to fall from the building. But they found Mion's body in the well and realized she was already dead when Kei was stubbed and Shion was "murdered".
So the fake one was Shion's dead body. Either it was Shion and seemed dead but she wasn't (maybe she is really a demon) or it was something that looked like her and the real shion survived and immediately run off to kill keiichi..

Anyway the show is awesome so far!
They found Shion's corpse in the place of her fall.Oishi said it himself.
Mion died before Keichi's death.
Shion died before Keichi's death.

If you want an answer:
ssjokgJun 20, 2013 2:58 AM
Jun 21, 2013 2:29 AM

Jul 2012
I see...
I thought that maybe

Thank you for your answer :)
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Jun 21, 2013 7:43 AM

Aug 2009
Maioula said:
I see...
I thought that maybe

Thank you for your answer :)

Hmmm... you are

Jul 24, 2013 9:46 AM

Feb 2013
Holy fucking shit! I am in love with this anime.

This right here is why I started watching anime. I'd have never seen anything like this in western television. Fucking brilliant.
Aug 12, 2013 7:52 AM

May 2013
Shion is the queen of crazy facial expressions.
Too bad she broke her last promise to Satoshi. And died.

Damn it, Keiichi. If you only gave the doll to Mion, all of this could have been avoided.

And this episode ends this arc. It answered most of my questions, but there's still things I don't get:
If Mion fell into the well and Shion fell off the hospital, who the heck killed Keiichi in the hospital? It could be a hallucination though.
This arc doesn't explain the entire Takano thing.
And I guess the clothes thing is an error or something.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 14, 2013 12:23 AM

Jun 2011
Fireego said:

If Mion fell into the well and Shion fell off the hospital, who the heck killed Keiichi in the hospital? It could be a hallucination though.
This arc doesn't explain the entire Takano thing.
And I guess the clothes thing is an error or something.

It's all explained in Kai.
...what clothes thing?

Tsun2Yan said:

That whole thing with the clothes doesn't really matter, as this isn't just a retelling of watanagashi-hen from Shion's perspective. There are some small differences that show enough to conclude that this should be considered a completely separate arc from Watanagashi-hen that just plays out similiarly.
ikazuuyrAug 14, 2013 12:28 AM
Sep 24, 2013 1:58 AM
Jul 2018
So the answer to how Kei got stabbed in the hospital was not revealed. Jeez, that is really driving me crazy. And I wonder if what Mion said at the end was true, then how did Satoshi disappear. Is it not all being done by the Sonozaki family after all? So many questions I want answers to.
Sep 24, 2013 3:31 AM

Aug 2009
StormSky92 said:
So the answer to how Kei got stabbed in the hospital was not revealed. Jeez, that is really driving me crazy. And I wonder if what Mion said at the end was true, then how did Satoshi disappear. Is it not all being done by the Sonozaki family after all? So many questions I want answers to.

Kei
Oct 29, 2013 4:38 PM

Jun 2013
Shion you clever girl.
Mion died after Shion made her fall into the hole (where she thought Satoshi was located). Shion had before killing Mion changed clothes with Mion's prisoner clothes so in order to fool the police, Rena and Kei, she made it appear as if she was Mion. I guess the creators behind the show made an error in this episode since it indeed looks like Shion falls down into the hole. But it would make much more sense if you think of it as if she was just falling down but still remained in the "cell", making it seem like she was "prisoner Mion"..
Damn Shion..
Nov 16, 2013 8:43 PM

Jun 2013
Yep, the real monsters are mentally unstable people.
Shion went completely nuts and got what she deserved. Man, so many people died for no reason... that psycho B*TCH! She got off easy by just falling to death; she deserved being tortured by all those things in the basement!!!

Keiichi actually believed in her being possessed by a demon and after Ooishi said that the body was in the well he probably just imagined the demon at his bedside.

PS: never "be alone for 30 minutes" with an obviously crazy person who admitted that they killed people. Be even more careful if they randomly show up under your window late at night and DO NOT go outside to talk to them.
Jan 3, 2014 12:56 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, what Shion did to Satoko...that whole scene just wow. The only thing left unanswered as stated was who attacked Kei at the hospital if Shion died from that fall. There was no demon, just Shion.
Jan 19, 2014 6:56 PM

Aug 2013
Shion, nut till the end xD
She was one crazy psycho. When she killed Sakoto and just after realized what Satoshi asked her before he left, her reaction was just perfect ; a mix of sadness and pure craziness.
Some of the faces she made in that episode were just so crazy that it was hilarious xD

I still don't understand who it was at the end of the episode 8 that appeared in front of Keiichi.

Her sister kill was so cruel, making her believe for a second that she's gonna spare her then laugh maniacally.

God, this show confuse me so much :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 8, 2014 7:30 AM

Jan 2009
-shion stabbing satoko like that was just dam brutal. what mades it even worse is that shion realizes that satoshi wanted her to take care of satoko.

-shion really is scary. listening to her think those crazy thoughts just shakes me.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 8, 2014 7:41 AM

Jan 2014
billybob300c said:
-shion stabbing satoko like that was just dam brutal. what mades it even worse is that shion realizes that satoshi wanted her to take care of satoko.

-shion really is scary. listening to her think those crazy thoughts just shakes me.
i didn't really think shion was that scary... why do you think so?
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 9, 2014 8:54 PM

Jun 2012
You know what would be really ironic was that Saotoshi just ran away after all.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Feb 11, 2014 3:01 PM
May 2013
xo_cl2 said:
But who was the one that appears out of no wear to stab Kei at the end of Watanagashi-hen ?
Zombies

This was so brutal and twisted , I love it .
Mar 24, 2014 5:38 AM

Sep 2013
They already discussed the walking corpse demons in the previous arc, so it's not much of a mystery as to how that happened.

TonyC1994 said:
Satoshi, master troll
Apr 20, 2014 1:39 AM

Jun 2011
All I could do was laugh at this insanity. Shion's logic, "I will kill the dear little sister of the person I liked so that he will come to me". Except for Satoko's brutal death, this episode was funny in all the wrong way, especially Shion's fall at the end lol. And, they didn't even show us what really happened after that.
Huge_Ero said:

TonyC1994 said:
Satoshi, master troll

LOL That would be so funny if it's true.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 7:44 PM
Feb 2013
Okay, this did tie up a lot of things with the second arc, but the ending for both is still unanswered, happened to Kei in the hospital really?
Apr 26, 2014 7:23 AM

Apr 2013
My Explanation to the hospital scene is hallucinations. An he was hallucinating to, when he thought, that he killed the Hojo-uncle in the 3rd arc.
But I'm coming closer to the end and to the 2nd season, where everything seems to be explained, so I'm looking forward to that.
May 11, 2014 5:37 AM

Jan 2014
TonyC1994 said:
Satoshi, master troll
Yea,lol
Aug 7, 2014 5:06 PM

Aug 2013
How dare she hurt my Sakato-chan, it's good that this arc is over so we can get on to something better. And what age is Shion and Mion because there breasts are too big to be 14 years old, or even 15 for that matter. They were water melons when Mion was locked in the cage.
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Sep 2, 2014 12:51 AM
Dec 2011
when a person is all alone from the beginning of their birth even when people around they shunned this person and the family makes you feel like a guest in your own home this person is baring everything and living in complete darkness this is SHIONs life. shion smiled and try her best all alone to forget her pain then one day A RAY OF PURE LIGHT was in the darkness the light was SATOSHI. satoshi was shions salvation to the pain that she had barried deep withing her heart.

poor girl she was so in love with satoshi and satoshi started to like shion as well thats why he said "i saw something different and weird about mion lately so that was you shion...shion ah,,its nice name" i think he saw shion as a light as well no body step up to talk for him or defend him or kind to him but shion did. i know she was crazy violent with satoko in the classroom i think its because desperation to see satoshi happy and no body loved her so she don't know how to act when your love is in pain or what to do to make satoshis pain go away.

shion was brought up in a cruel and a harsh way (punishing,rules and regulation) so being tough was the only way she knew to make SATOKO realize things. also SATOKO have hard life of bullying just like SHIONs own family bullied her and felt jealous satoko has her brother to save her also another reason SATOKO had it a tiny bit easy because her brother will always support her satoko only have to have a little courage but SATOKO didnt take any effort to that this reasons PISSED HER OFF with SHION had nothing she cried and became tough herself ! i think later satoshi knew shion was just trying to help him the way she knew! the way she was brought up!

well she was so much in rage with SATOKO so much pain all alone i think she just burst couldn't take it anymore because no matter what the people who give the orders didn't gave the order or died before or was lying to shion (MION)..shions plan of catching who is responsible of carrying out the order was unsuccessful because of it she got angry with herself and started focusing on torturing MION and the people who she hate finally lost her way..

by the way one thing was correct and that is MION is a liar. you when shion catch mion and put het in dungen mion knew she is going to die thinking this she told a half truth about things so shion would think "mion is guilty but not fully guilty" mion did this to save her life and buy some time but in the last moment near the well where mion knew this is it i am dead she couldnt tell the truth because that would mean absolute death so she told a complete LIE to escape death but SHION didn't buy it...

i think firmly MION and GRANNY deserved everything they got only upset about satoko but if she knew anything about her brother being captured and being tortured then she deserve it or involved in the cures then she is guilty otherwise i feel sorry i have my suspitions on satoko because of "after telling keiichi that he is like her brother she vomited remembering her brothers face" ! now why is that!???!

this is how people save life. if they done a crime they know it and feel danger to their life and the truth is absolute to keep they tell half truth, because not telling anything = death, complete lie=death, complete truth=death ! so when the death comes near and you know confestion is death you tell a complete lie to buy time this is what MION DID TO SHION at the last moment because mion need time to get back to her normal self then KILL SHION ! :3
Nov 2, 2014 2:55 AM

Nov 2013
Wow. That part with Shion switching clothes with Mion really threw me off. I was REALLY confused!

You can tell Shion is fucking nuts when she scales the side of the apartment just to get back to her room. Jeez...

That murder scene with Satoko...Holy shit...

Great episode. Not on par with last episode but still very good! This was my favorite arc thus far!

Nov 2, 2014 3:02 AM

Nov 2013
I'm really curious how Kei was killed at the hospital unless it was just a hallucination...

Nov 10, 2014 5:17 PM

Dec 2012
Well at least the gun mystery is finally solved. Looked like a flare gun to me as she was falling.
Feb 3, 2015 6:04 AM

Jan 2014
duotrouble said:
I loved this arc. I'm confused on Kei getting stabbed in the hospital too. But I'm thinking he was just having a nightmare. ^_~

I think the demon is just a red herring. These kids are insane. @.@ There's no demon possessing them. They are just plain crazy.

i also think he is hallucinating, and i think you're on to something, except there has to be a demon, since rika is the priestess, and we've seen the demon speak through her. i think instead she just "calmed" the demon and kept it from murdering people, like she did with satoko, and the kids are the ones who jumped to conclusions and went on a killing rampage

FrostbyteDOT said:

TonyC1994 said:
Satoshi, master troll

hehehehe

chillock said:
And what age is Shion and Mion because there breasts are too big to be 14 years old, or even 15 for that matter. They were water melons when Mion was locked in the cage.

i swear their breast size fluctuates.... it's like a different size every other scene lol
laputiaFeb 3, 2015 6:11 AM
Mar 23, 2015 2:01 AM
Nov 2014
Nice arc....

Damn torture scene, and Shion is great at being the bad guy lel

Still curious to how Kei got stabbed at the hospital bed.
Apr 10, 2015 4:05 PM

Jun 2013
Now it all makes sense. Almost. Great arc, again.
Apr 10, 2015 4:51 PM

Nov 2011
This was the most effed up ep yet.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 23, 2015 6:13 AM

Feb 2013
Well it was nice to see everything that actually happened in the second arc cleared up. I actually thought Shion's death was gonna be a suicide though, wasn't expecting it to be accidental. The one thing it didn't explain though was the zombie Shion who stabbed Keiichi in the hospital, maybe that will be next episode :/? I don't watch previews since I find them too spoilery.

This was an AMAZING arc though, best one yet. I honestly have no idea how they're gonna top this. It's just not gonna be the same without crazy Shion and her evil plans. I'm gonna miss her <3 :(.
Shape430Apr 23, 2015 6:20 AM
May 17, 2015 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
Well, there's not much to say about the episode after reading the explanations given here. Whoever killed Keiichi in the end, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Mion. There's a lot more to be solved, but this "kai" series should, as you guys say, give some conclusive answers.

So, I'm going to quote you guys and give my affirmative comments.

Mr_DaftPunk said:
Great episode, but geez Shion went psycho for a guy like Satoshi? Idk why but damn Shion he isn't worth it, moping around and daydreaming all the time it annoyed me.

^Forreal. What kind of romance was that? Pssh...

billybob300c said:

^crazy, eh?

If someone was able to stab a child crying like that, they're a true monster. No remorse. Savage...
May 20, 2015 11:08 AM

Aug 2014
This arc was pretty good, it was great to have the questions answered for the 2nd arc (if my memory serves me right?) though it still leaves me with other questions. God I love Higurashi, the mysteries around the characters and the episodes are so amazing, but at the same time confusing. Looking forward to the last few episodes, here is to hoping more of Rena's past will be revealed.

Also surprised how Shion went full psycho in the end...reminds me of Yuno from Mirai Nikki. Glad to see she died tbh.
Jun 10, 2015 9:18 PM
Apr 2015
I fuckin' hate Shion. -.-
Jul 13, 2015 7:21 PM

Nov 2014
Man, Shion was so high, she pissed her self.

Aug 5, 2015 2:04 PM

Oct 2014
Damn. I don't see how Shion could have survived that fall, so I guess Keiichi didn't die in the second arc either? That was a hallucination? Poor Satoko, that was a terrible way to go. Didn't really like her in previous arcs but definitely felt bad in this one. And poor Mion, as well. Just when I thought Shion might changed her mind, she still gets tased.

This arc definitely answered more questions than it brought up though, so that was good. Only one arc left in this season!
Aug 8, 2015 9:01 AM

Dec 2014
That's how they're going to end this arc? Are you serious! Wow, after all that her shirt just rips and she falls to her death. There's some questions still left but at least a lot of them got answered.
Oct 6, 2015 5:18 PM
Feb 2014
Amazing episode, this series is the best!

Apart from everything that has been said about Ep 8's end not being explained (the scene in the hospital), I was more interested in the last thing Shion said before falling, "I won't mess up next time". Next time.. then maybe the three different stories/arcs at the first 13 episodes are somehow connected. And Shion knows about this.
Oct 12, 2015 12:12 PM

May 2015
I'm confused. Didn't he get stabbed and then went to the hospital, where "Mion" finished him off? And THEN they find Shion dead?

Anyway I would've been fine if this was the plot for the entire anime. There's so much unnecessary arcs in this anime.

Also, it sucks that Mion's going to be thought of as a murderer when Shion was the real yandere.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 17, 2015 3:31 AM

Oct 2014
satoko's death made me nauseous, that was heartbreaking and really disturbing

this is by far my favorite arc though, 5/5
Nov 5, 2015 4:32 AM

Oct 2014
Wow this is complete madness! Shion is the master deceiver for this part. Looking forward to the next arcs and the solution to the still unsolved mysteries during the previous arcs. Tanako is still intriguing for me.
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Nov 24, 2015 3:18 PM

Nov 2011
That was insane. o_o

I'm both amazed and terrified at Shion. She went from wanting to do good to becoming evil itself, And poor Satoko she was the only innocent person here.
Dec 1, 2015 10:13 PM
Aug 2012
Man I thought Shion was crazy, but this takes the cake. People where comparing her to Yuno. Sorry, but I am going Yuno here. I grew to feel sorry for Shino. Yuno on the other hand just got me hating her yandere self more.
Oct 22, 2016 2:31 AM

Aug 2016
The only one and true Yandere = Shion

Oh Satoko receiving pain again........

Now after plenty of things explained, one big question remains,
WHO ARE YOU RENA??
Jan 2, 2017 2:52 AM

Sep 2016
higurashi is dropping bombs left to damn right like gozzamnn
Facta Non Verba
Apr 8, 2017 5:11 PM

Oct 2015
EPIC arc
5/5 surely
Jul 30, 2017 3:49 AM

Oct 2014
to this day the satoko scene still makes me physically sick

this is my second time watching the series but shit still traumatizes me as much as the first time, and that says a lot because I've seen all kinds of fucked up shit without batting an eye lol

still my fav arc tho
Sep 7, 2017 8:51 AM

May 2015
Shion went completly mad.

That classic ladder scene xD

I always laugh, when I see their "rape" faces. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.