Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 20, 2009 12:56 PM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
oh and btw, I don't think you answered in that other thread wherever it was, how'd your finals go?: p
I answered :( go check!
oh you did? : O in which post was that? xD I seem to have missed it : /
>_>...I don't remember...possibly 07-ghost one?
Jul 20, 2009 12:57 PM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
oh and btw, I don't think you answered in that other thread wherever it was, how'd your finals go?: p
sounds probable .. oh I might as well check that then : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 20, 2009 1:02 PM

Jul 2007
robbydesu said:
I wonder if there will ever be a moment when people will start giving a substantial review or comment about a FMA:B episode without mentioning about the pace.

The fun part? This episode covered the SAME AMOUNT as did all the episodes, minus 13 and 14....
Jul 20, 2009 1:03 PM

Dec 2008
Fai said:
robbydesu said:
I wonder if there will ever be a moment when people will start giving a substantial review or comment about a FMA:B episode without mentioning about the pace.

The fun part? This episode covered the SAME AMOUNT as did all the episodes, minus 13 and 14....
Really? You think that's the fun part? O_o;;; I really don't get what your point is
Jul 20, 2009 1:08 PM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
ah look, I found it xD 07-Ghost Episode 15, apparantly : p BUT it was modified, and probably after I checked there last time, and therefore I missed your answer : p

that's what I found : p
oh, and I suppose your DONE then : p and you're most likely quite happy about that too : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 20, 2009 1:09 PM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
ah look, I found it xD 07-Ghost Episode 15, apparantly : p BUT it was modified, and probably after I checked there last time, and therefore I missed your answer : p

oh, and I suppose your DONE then : p and you're most likely quite happy about that too : p
YEAAP :D!
Jul 20, 2009 1:12 PM

Jul 2008
sad ep is sad ;_; it really looks like that everything is going just like their plans. "all is playing into the hands of unknow" a totally fitting sentence.

Jul 20, 2009 1:14 PM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:

YEAAP :D!
good for ya : ) and this is becoming as off-topic as last time I think xD booyah
hmm wasn't that.. in the thread of the previous episide of FMA:B?xD

Kiseki said:
sad ep is sad ;_; it really looks like that everything is going just like their plans. "all is playing into the hands of unknow" a totally fitting sentence.
yeah pretty much, except for the "sad ep is sad" part, or well.. bah it actually was a bit sad, nvm xD
Jul 20, 2009 2:25 PM

Apr 2009
This episode got me sniff over Maes again... Dx RIP Hughes, one of my favourite characters in this series.

And I swear, Mustang is SO GAR even when yawning.

Miki Shinichiro just adds another 10 levels of sexy (I heard some people complaining about him because they preferred the first Mustang's seiyuu...Fortunately I don't have that problem, never having watched the first version of the anime xD And I find his voice so incredibly MMMRR.)

(yes, that was me purring.)

NEED MOAR LING.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 20, 2009 2:28 PM

Jan 2009
Cenedess said:
This episode got me sniff over Maes again... Dx RIP Hughes, one of my favourite characters in this series.

Miki Shinichiro just adds another 10 levels of sexy (I heard some people complaining about him because they preferred the first Mustang's seiyuu...Fortunately I don't have that problem, never having watched the first version of the anime xD And I find his voice so incredibly MMMRR.)

NEED MOAR LING.

1. Yeah Hughes was a pile of epic, can't deny that in any possible way : /
2. Why don't we burn Mustang alive?: D He could provide us with fire himself
3. Ling's a pretty cool guy, makes a mess of stuff and doesn't care about it : D
Jul 20, 2009 5:06 PM

Nov 2007
Cenedess said:

NEED MOAR LING.

Agree with everything you said minus the fangirlism (lol :D)

I too, don't have any issue with Miki Shinichiro (plus I like this VA) because I can barely remember the original voice actor. I checked how the original voice actor's voice and well my mind hasn't changed. The original actor was fine, but new Roy Mustang is perfectly fine as well.

I think it's just funny how friendly Barry is with the people who captured him. My favorite part of the episode. xD

I just hate shape shifting villans, they automatically bring huge tension, because you don't know who's real and who's not. Just thinking about what they have in plan makes me shudder. I can't wait for the next episode to find out -gulp- what they have planned next.
Jul 20, 2009 6:09 PM

Jul 2008
Good Episode.
Kind of sad...
Jul 20, 2009 6:20 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, people complaining about the pacing - if you're gonna do it, PLEASE please don't compare it to the manga, that is not how it works. That is a failure of an argument.

Now while I did like the newspaper scene, the Ross reveal was really well done, especially in the tension between what Ross knows and what the brothers assumed. It really showcased Hawkeye's speech about how cruel it is to keep the two out of the loop. This wasn't in the manga I believe, so kudos to the creators. At the same time though, Mustang was being kind, knowing how they would blame themselves for Hughes's death.

I'm really glad I read the manga long ago, so I can still get excited for what happens next.
Jul 20, 2009 8:19 PM

Jul 2007
Good episode, as usual cant wait to see what happens next, glad i have not read the manga.
Jul 20, 2009 10:02 PM

Aug 2008
Next week is easily my most anticipated episode, yet.
Jul 20, 2009 10:47 PM

Jan 2009
Seems things are little bit too fast again, probably following the pace of earlier episode which is not good because several good scenes not included.

The emotional neswpaper scene and apple pie scene are not included, which is bad. Bad move BONES...

I hope they won't cut another good manga scene...
Jul 20, 2009 10:50 PM

Dec 2008
yamato21 said:
Seems things are little bit too fast again, probably following the pace of earlier episode which is not good because several good scenes not included.

The emotional neswpaper scene and apple pie scene are not included, which is bad. Bad move BONES...

robbydesu said:
Fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow.

I wonder...

And huuuh? I swear there was an apple pie scene. Unless there was more to that scene
Jul 21, 2009 2:05 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
yamato21 said:

robbydesu said:

I wonder...

And huuuh? I swear there was an apple pie scene. Unless there was more to that scene

quoting yourself now are you : o
but apple pie.. apple pie.. apple pie.... don't think there was one, but there sure were apples \o/
Jul 21, 2009 3:12 AM

May 2008
Winry is focking hot.
Jul 21, 2009 3:29 AM

Jan 2008
If that was fast, then I'm glad they made it like that, because this episode was boring as hell.
Jul 21, 2009 6:08 AM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
yamato21 said:

robbydesu said:

I wonder...

but apple pie.. apple pie.. apple pie.... don't think there was one, but there sure were apples o/
You know me, waaay too lazy to say all of that again. It's SUMMER!! Muahaha :D

But yea, I consider the mention of apple pie as the apple pie scene
Jul 21, 2009 6:13 AM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Oosran said:
robbydesu said:
yamato21 said:

robbydesu said:

I wonder...

but apple pie.. apple pie.. apple pie.... don't think there was one, but there sure were apples o/
You know me, waaay too lazy to say all of that again. It's SUMMER!! Muahaha :D

But yea, I consider the mention of apple pie as the apple pie scene
Yeah, it's summer allright, I get your point : p
oh well guess talking about apple pie could count as apple pie scene, as you're saying xD
Jul 21, 2009 10:54 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:

QFT, (minus the exaggerated Ed running down the street scene)

i liked that.
it was a good scene.
Jul 21, 2009 12:33 PM

Jul 2007
smokes said:
Fai said:

QFT, (minus the exaggerated Ed running down the street scene)

i liked that.
it was a good scene.

My problem with it was that it was over-exaggerated, whats with him emoing. A simple sulking by the wall down the hallway would have been way more realistic.

The whole running seemed, well, over-dramatic, FMA1-style
Jul 21, 2009 2:21 PM

Feb 2009
Gracia crying almost made me start up all over again...
(cries in the corner)

Jul 21, 2009 9:59 PM

Jul 2008
Td99 said:
Gracia crying almost made me start up all over again...
(cries in the corner)
Her eyecatch depressed me. T__T

BEGINNER
Jul 21, 2009 10:36 PM

Mar 2009
Great episode - Hughes has always been one of my favourite characters in FMA (first 'season' too).

Although he did not last as many episodes in FMA2, I'm glad they executed his death so well and touchingly.. compared to the first one anyway!
Jul 22, 2009 1:09 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
eh not as good as the last few episodes. next one looks good though! Mustang is awesome!
p r o f i l e 👀
Jul 22, 2009 1:50 AM

May 2009
Fai said:

The whole running seemed, well, over-dramatic, FMA1-style

Ha ha ha, but FMA2 showed it and not FMA1 :P Anyway, didn't like the episode. It was trying to be emotional but lost it. Also, I didn't understand if Hughes knowing their secret was the cause of his death, then why would Ed tell Gracia, Elicia and Winry about it too? oO Wouldn't that endanger their lives? It's amazing how FMA2 manages to disappoint in a episode like this which I had hoped would be great.

Jul 22, 2009 2:37 AM

Jul 2007
Sapta said:
Also, I didn't understand if Hughes knowing their secret was the cause of his death, then why would Ed tell Gracia, Elicia and Winry about it too? oO Wouldn't that endanger their lives?

That was not.

The cause of his death was that Hughes used that knowledge to find out something about the homonunculus that they did not want anyone to know. These guys tend to go to extreme lengths to cover their secrets and what Hughes found is well, one of the biggest secrets they had.

Sapta said:

It's amazing how FMA2 manages to disappoint in a episode like this which I had hoped would be great.

I don't know why is it so for you. For me its one of the best manga arcs and one of the best episodes (well minus Ed's outrageous running and scriptwriters missing the point of apple pie scene) of FMA2.

It gives something FMA1 SERIOUSLY lacked - a follow up for Hughes death and the fact that it matters.

Sapta said:

Fanboys/Fangirls will have their devotion tested next episode :P
Jul 22, 2009 3:05 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:

That's true.
I'm looking forward to people's comments on that :D
CenedessJul 22, 2009 4:11 AM

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 22, 2009 3:35 AM

Jul 2007
Cenedess said:
Fai said:

That's true xD

apparently you missed the BOLD in the thread start:
Fai said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Jul 22, 2009 4:08 AM

Apr 2009
Fai said:
Cenedess said:
Fai said:

That's true xD
I'm looking forward to people's comments on that :D]

apparently you missed the BOLD in the thread start:
Fai said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Oops, yeah, you're right -scratches-
It's all anime-centric now xP

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 22, 2009 5:49 AM

Apr 2009
Nice episode, pretty dramatized. Kinda boring though
Jul 22, 2009 6:51 AM

Jul 2009
Nick_xD said:
Nice episode, pretty dramatized. Kinda boring though

Indeed^^
I'm looking forward to the next episode with a little bit Mustang Action xD

Jul 22, 2009 8:35 AM

Aug 2008
I hope Mustang will kill Rosa or something...
Jul 22, 2009 12:36 PM

Mar 2009
I actually liked how they changed the newspaper scene. Watching the answer slowly dawn on Ed was more emotional in my opinion.
Great episode~
Jul 22, 2009 9:20 PM
Jul 2008
I agree with the general concensus. Solid episode. Nice to slow the pace down a little bit and let everything about Hughes finally sink in. Again, didn't read the manga so I can't compare with the newspaper, but I thought Ross telling the brothers what happened was fine. I actually started getting emotional seeing Ed's face while he was putting everything together in his mind.

But then that all went down the toilet when he started running...

Thank god for the scene in the Hughes household and afterwards, or this episode would've lost me completely. That got me back into it and looking forward to the next one.
Jul 23, 2009 12:03 AM

Jul 2007
Firestorm2117 said:
I agree with the general concensus. Solid episode. Nice to slow the pace down a little bit and let everything about Hughes finally sink in. Again, didn't read the manga so I can't compare with the newspaper, but I thought Ross telling the brothers what happened was fine. I actually started getting emotional seeing Ed's face while he was putting everything together in his mind.

IN the manga Ed
Jul 23, 2009 4:35 AM

May 2009
Fai said:

IN the manga Ed

Thanks for that manga part. Yes,I feel that would have been more powerful than Ed running about with so much energy :P
Jul 23, 2009 5:17 AM
Jul 2008
Sapta said:
Fai said:

IN the manga Ed

Thanks for that manga part. Yes,I feel that would have been more powerful than Ed running about with so much energy :P

Yep, that definitely is better. Wonder why they changed it.
Jul 23, 2009 5:18 AM

Jan 2009
Firestorm2117 said:
Sapta said:
Fai said:

IN the manga Ed

Yep, that definitely is better. Wonder why they changed it.
well, stupid choice of change was stupid, huh? certainly would've been better that way
Jul 23, 2009 9:57 AM

Jan 2009
i loved it :D

but omg i cryed whene ed,al and winry found auot about huges death that was sooo sad :,(
poor ed he tried to cry but winry did for him :(

and envy is so cool in brotherhood :D
Edward Elric <3 Lavi <3 Fai. D Flourite <3 Shizu-Chan <3 Sause Uchiha ! <33
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=11018 - FMAB fan club. for thoses who wants to join ^^

Jul 23, 2009 10:32 AM

Sep 2008
Finally the pace is slowing down... or maybe just for this episode? Anyway I wasn't entirely content with this episode, but there were a good number of scenes that were, for the most part, faithful to the manga.

Enjoyable nevertheless. :) The EdxWin scene was there so yusss~

But ay. Poor Gracia and Elicia... D':
Jul 23, 2009 11:00 AM

Jan 2009
merle_noir said:
Finally the pace is slowing down... or maybe just for this episode? Anyway I wasn't entirely content with this episode, but there were a good number of scenes that were, for the most part, faithful to the manga.

Enjoyable nevertheless. :) The EdxWin scene was there so yusss~

But ay. Poor Gracia and Elicia... D':
you think the pace was slow? oh.. wait.. maybe it was.. xD..... just a sec, I'll think for a bit.
. . .
yeah it might've actually been slow you know : o

hi I'm a huge fan of writing meaningless posts, do please bear with me >: D kthnxbai
Jul 23, 2009 7:53 PM

May 2009
Eh, good, not great. Was I the only one who found the episode where he actually died way more emotional than this one?
Jul 23, 2009 11:20 PM

Jan 2009
The ED was perfect for this ep!

Awesome ep, glad the pace has slowed down and we can really delve into the characters emotions.

Jul 24, 2009 2:17 AM

Apr 2009
Nyktos said:
Eh, good, not great. Was I the only one who found the episode where he actually died way more emotional than this one?

Nope, I'm with you on that. While this one got me sniffing a bit, the one with his death made me weep like a child.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 24, 2009 2:51 AM

May 2007
As somebody in the first page said, Hughes death hadn't hit me in the face the episode he died, and this episode changes nothing either. The first season had more Hughes moments that eventually made me feel sad when he died. The so-called "plot twist" at the end was way too predictable.

Anyway, despite my rants, I liked the episode.
Jul 24, 2009 8:40 AM

Jul 2008
T'was a nice episode
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

967 by FossilsRUs »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Sep 27, 2009

185 by Cin_Cat »»
11 hours ago

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

134 by LockHowl »»
May 3, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeviantKaos - Apr 25, 2010

332 by mjjones0 »»
May 3, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Apr 12, 2009

361 by Ronin_4011 »»
May 2, 5:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.