Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2014 10:31 AM

Apr 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another great episode. Shiro and Mayumi are awesome. That Birth of Venus scene was hilarious! Ritsu laughing <3
Ritsu was so cute when they were watching that movie. Looks like we have another odd character to add to the list.
MillsApr 10, 2014 4:41 PM
Apr 10, 2014 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
Why is Mayumi so fun to watch?!

Maybe it's because she teases the others so much.
>Pants

Oh God, this is a great comedy imo. Kinosaki/Shiro is so hilarious. The grandma is awesome too. Imo, this is one of the best comedies of the season. Hell, even Ritsu is laughing now. I think her smile is cute :3

Still...that threesome awkward position. My sides. Sayaka makes her debut. Her debut is..awkward. Mayumi and Sayaka best friends forever
Apr 10, 2014 11:00 AM

Mar 2014
...The Birth of Venus...I was almost dead to laugh at it.

I need a light comedy in order to be laid-back at the end of a day. This anime is suitable for my purpose. It was absolutely wonderful that sometimes the mates of kawaisou showed their geniality.

Mills said:
Ritsu was so cute when they were watching that movie.

I agreed. And she was always so adorable. Furthermore, I thought Hanazawa's voice completely fit her. I became to like Hanazawa's voice for the first time.
Apr 10, 2014 1:06 PM

Nov 2008
dmrch said:
...The Birth of Venus...I was almost dead to laugh at it.

I need a light comedy in order to be laid-back at the end of a day. This anime is suitable for my purpose. It was absolutely wonderful that sometimes the mates of kawaisou showed their geniality.

Mills said:
Ritsu was so cute when they were watching that movie.

I agreed. And she was always so adorable. Furthermore, I thought Hanazawa's voice completely fit her. I became to like Hanazawa's voice for the first time.

I completly agree about the voice. hanazawa is the best fit.

I can see it go into yuri in the next ep with sayaka ;3
Apr 10, 2014 2:29 PM

Nov 2007
Bubble play, it gets happy... short. Wow @ Ritsu's cute.

Laundry time, and sempai's laugh with that guy looking like Venus.

Horror movie watching. Sempai is scared, and he feels cute like that. New girl joins. She's little devil personality?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 10, 2014 7:20 PM
Dec 2013
ahhh Ritsu-senpai is the cutest thing in this story. dat deredere face ><

I love all characters. They're so awesome!

And good job HanaKana! I miss her cool tone so much since Angel Beats! ended
Apr 11, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2012
So far I don't like this pure SOL series very much.
bunny1ov3rApr 11, 2014 8:30 PM
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 11, 2014 3:49 PM

Jul 2010
The bubbles scene was quite nice, weird to see them floating though.
Kawai is so unsociable but it really made her cute and funny.
I thought the ice was broke a little but then a blizzard hit, I liked it though!
The "scrunchie that cried panties (wolf)"!
And I thought I was bad with horror movies...

Sayaka a new girl... seems a little faking :P
FatefulLoveApr 11, 2014 3:52 PM
Apr 11, 2014 4:21 PM

Aug 2012
I smiled throughout, a nice episode. Hopefully we'll explore beyond the house next episode, again Kawai was so ...Kawaii.
Apr 11, 2014 4:28 PM

May 2010
oh man this episode really made me laugh out loud a few times xD

really love the characters..especially Mayumi! the comedy is great ..probably the best this season.

5/5
Apr 11, 2014 4:47 PM

Jan 2011
I'm glad that after this episode I can still say I like the entire cast. Sayaka just got introduced so I want to see what she is really like...since Mayumi hinted all over that.

Mayumi is still a beauty. Her wildness really adds the right spice to the interactions thus far.

Kawai...so damn pretty. Quiet and reserved but has a big heart and you can tell. When she broke down laughing it was the cutest thing ever!

Usa is a good MC. I like him so far. Has the underlying agenda but is a good guy. His thumbs up, good job comments were funny.
Apr 11, 2014 4:49 PM

May 2013
Sayaka seems funny. Playing with those bubbles was nice too. So Kawai is scared of scary movies. She looks cute when she's scared like that ;)
Apr 11, 2014 5:03 PM
Oct 2012
It's interesting how subjective humor is, for me this show is really doing nothing. Maybe I am having a Nourin hangover from last season, but while there are a couple of scenes of minor amusement (the "Birth of Venus" was cute), this whole shows just seems a bit too stereotypical for me. Open sukebe older brother, responsible but really mutsuri sukebe younger brother, the hot oneesan who can't get a boyfiend, the shy imouto, the too cool for school mother, and now the yuri middle sister.

Yes I know only 2 of them are related, but that is exactly the relationship between them all is falling out and that is why it just falls flat for me.
Apr 11, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2012
This episode went by way too fast.

Apr 11, 2014 5:21 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Apr 11, 2014 5:40 PM

Feb 2011
Ahhhh Ritsu was so HNGGGGG this episode xD

Seems like another oddball got introduced this episode. Looking forward to the next ep :D
Apr 11, 2014 5:44 PM
Apr 2014
Loved the new episode

"The Kawaii Complex Reseinance" ahaha and that scrunchie can be misleading...

Can't wait for more Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou‼
Apr 11, 2014 5:50 PM

Oct 2010
I always wondered why there aren't many romance animes out there and this episode made me realize the reason; falling in love is a slow process that often involves personal fantasies and drawn out moments which I never find a bother in manga since it's easy to breeze past, but in an anime, it's way too slow.

The Birth of Venus was pretty funny though.

And even though Ritsu is cute, I don't find her compelling. Hope my opinion of her changes later though.

Sayaka seems awesome by the way; two faced person and all. =D The antagonistic vibe she has with Mayumi is awesome, hah.
Apr 11, 2014 5:57 PM

Oct 2012
Quite a funny episode, especially the first half
Apr 11, 2014 6:01 PM

Aug 2012
The anime has already gotten passed the manga(of whats scanlated)...
It felt a bit too fast, but at least the anime made the birth of venus easier to understand(No need to google & compare)
Apr 11, 2014 6:17 PM

Nov 2012
Some fun with bubbles.
http://imgur.com/1NuDoWO

Omg a smile.
http://imgur.com/AXUP2fl

Lmao @ The Birth of Venus.

Ritsu is so cute being scared.Poor Usa,talking about horrible timing,lol.

Sayaka,another weird but interesting roommate.
Apr 11, 2014 6:25 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
It's interesting how subjective humor is, for me this show is really doing nothing.

Yeah I understand what you mean. The humor was pretty much a hit or miss for me in the first episode, but I still liked it. This episode though, I almost didn't find any of the jokes or antics funny, and the characters only feel semi-interesting so far. Maybe it's because I'm comparing this to other stories that I've read/watched with similar setting (misfits/quirky/different people boarding together) and I was able to like all/most of the character very quickly. So far, Usa is pretty good (the most normal guy out of the group) and there's nothing to hate (or love in my case) Ritsu.

That being said, I still like the colors and I feel like it could be more interesting later on since it's only the beginning.
Apr 11, 2014 6:37 PM

Sep 2013
i had more fun in this episode than the previous one i hope it keep getting better
Apr 11, 2014 6:46 PM

Jan 2014
bunny_lover said:
Mills said:
Another great episode. Shiro and Mayumi are awesome. That Birth of Venus scene was hilarious! Ritsu laughing <3
Ritsu was so cute when they were watching that movie. Looks like we have another odd character to add to the list.
You beat Stark700 (by 1 minute) to thread creation. RESPECT

So far I don't like this pure SOL series very much.

+++i thought exactly same,you deserve respect :D

and kawai is really kawaii :O...seems like it gonna be a nice anime to watch but didnt like the new character(kinda like the rich spoiled character you can see in every anime)
Apr 11, 2014 6:57 PM
Jul 2013
Art keeps me very amused, really impressive.
Ah, love the easy-going pacing ~

LOL Birth of Venus! xD
Apr 11, 2014 7:14 PM
Apr 2014
LOL another great episode! Usa's eye twitching was hilarious at end. Can't wait for next week~
Apr 11, 2014 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
I lost it at Birth of Venus.

"Can you stand?"

Shiro = best character XD!!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 11, 2014 7:28 PM

Aug 2012
Last episode was done very well, but this one blew it out of the water. The bubble bit was where I started loving the manga, and they did it even better. Same with the Birth of Venus scene, that was great.

It's too bad the manga isn't scanlated past the the pantsu part, but it's fine since Brains Base is spot on with the comedy and character dynamic so far. The horror movie scene was awesome, as was Sayaka's introduction. The whole time I was hoping Ritsu wouldn't let the "unsociable girl" comment slide, but when she spoke up about it I lost it. The gradual, tortuous path of Usa getting closer to her is going to be amazing to watch.
Apr 11, 2014 7:34 PM

Jan 2009
1. Unlike calm non non biyori anime, the characters here are super crazy. Weird change of pace for me

2. Just turned into a sayaka fan. Any girl who initiates the fondle will receive my blessings

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 11, 2014 8:01 PM

Jan 2014
Really liking this series already through two episodes. Love the animation style and the characters are all hilarious, and play off one another so well. So far my favorite series in the early goings of the spring season.
Apr 11, 2014 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
Ritsu looked so cute when she blushed. Playing with bubbles were pretty nice.
Apr 11, 2014 8:49 PM

Sep 2013
Everybody bubble time :D

Shino is a nice guy although he is a masochistic perv :P

Being inside a bubble does seem like it would be pretty damned cool :)

"Hng. Stay Calm" Great reaction :3

"Poof" "I'll take that face to go, thanks!" Dat voice-over ;3

That slap had to hurt :/

Lol at the Birth of Venus moment.

Ricchan laughing is so damned cute!

Oh no it was the landlady's :O 10 steps back definitely, can't really blame him after the scrunchy moment earlier.

I liked the fast forward music.

Horror movie moment so cute!

New girl arrives, she will probably show her true colors next episode.

"Well, excuse me for being unsociable." Ouch...

Fabulous episode!!!
Apr 11, 2014 8:52 PM

Nov 2008
I never had this laugh from an anime for a long time.

Damn that Birth of Venus... xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 11, 2014 9:03 PM

Aug 2013
shiro can be so nice sometimes , making bubbles :D

LOL the birth of Venus xD HAHAH
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Apr 11, 2014 9:04 PM

Jul 2013
Mills said:

This.
hilarious stuff.
lol Usa believing it was a scrunchie the 2nd time round and gets pummelled.

Another oddball in Sayaka joins the mix.
Apr 11, 2014 9:09 PM
Jul 2018
Ahh... Those bubbles....
Apr 11, 2014 9:15 PM

Jul 2010
Yeah, comically speaking this doesn't make me laugh much, but it's damn cute though. I like seeing the characters interact with each other, probably because the character design is pretty nice to see.
Apr 11, 2014 9:17 PM

Aug 2012
The birth of venus scene had me dying! LOL
Apr 11, 2014 9:20 PM
Jun 2011
Oh thank god! I've got shit to watch this season!
Nothing looked interesting in the previews and I was worried I'd be bored to death, but then this and that Rabbit show came along.

And this is just funny as hell in a supremely tragic way.
Thankfully nothing can be as hysterically tragic as Detroit Metal City.
That was so fucked up that I couldn't handle it.

I like Richan, in a "I'm not really sure I like her, but she has moments that make it all worth while" way.
"Well excuse me for being anti-social!"
He's exceptionally good at digging himself a hole isn't he? Everything he says and does just manages to screw his chances with her more and more.

And also...I just realized that the second bikini chick in the op isn't Mayumi...
I'm not going to sleep tonight, but I'll have nightmares where I laugh my ass off at least.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Apr 11, 2014 9:35 PM

May 2012
Really like this series..
Shes a tsundere..
The birth of venus lol..

Apr 11, 2014 9:36 PM

Jul 2013
I think this episode was the best imo. Ritsu's emotions were too much and so cute :D. I felt bad for Mayumi when her life is just difficult.

The bubble part was fun and getting to see Ritsu having some fun. LOL the scary movie was too funny.

I had some much laughs in here, my face was hurting when I tried to laugh XD.

Apr 11, 2014 9:45 PM

May 2011
I love this type of HanaKana. And the art is still great.
Apr 11, 2014 10:16 PM

Aug 2013
Great ep; had a lot of laugh on this one.
Still unsure whether I'll like Sayaka's character though.
Apr 11, 2014 11:10 PM

May 2012
This anime is genuinely hilarious.
Apr 11, 2014 11:35 PM
Mar 2014
Still cant get over the OP and ED there both beautiful.

All hail the tsundere lol

Kawai's laugh was nice
Apr 11, 2014 11:40 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode. I'm liking this anime.
Apr 12, 2014 12:01 AM

Dec 2013
This could quickly become my favorite anime of the season, will see what Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei brings to the table but man every single character in this anime so far is highly entertaining, highly interesting, and the funny thing is this is such a simple concept yet it's so good.
Apr 12, 2014 12:25 AM

Jul 2013
This episode is rather boring imo. The Birth of Venus was hilarious but other than that it's the same old gag. Ritsu is really cute tho..
Apr 12, 2014 12:25 AM

Dec 2011
Really nice and funny episode,couldn't help to laugh during the episode.
So much cuteness from Ritsu....love all the characters in this anime and seems like the new girl is quite mischievous may be
kaitonicApr 12, 2014 12:31 AM
Apr 12, 2014 12:26 AM

Aug 2010
This ep was so hilarious XD So many fun moments hehehe. I was smiling throughout :)

Ritsu is really cute :3

Dat crawling Mayumi was creepy as hell XD And how she was telling him to help her while having a taser ready XD Really loving Satou Rina's voice for her <3

The bubble part was really fun. Really Beautiful bubbles. Lol'd so much at Mayumi's negative emotion overflow when the bubble popped XD

Ritsu was so friggin cute <3<3 How she was blushing and fidgeting around wanting to try it out >.< Lol'd at Mayumi saying "those r the type of people u call pains in the ass" XD Ritsu's faces were soooo adorable <3
Then when he started thinking about it from a sexual perspective and she figured it out. That was friggin HILARIOUS XDXD

How he got Ritsu to Laugh out loud was really cute. Shiro enjoying the stares and going excited and M was hilarious too XD

After he got one step forward he got owned going 10 steps backward with Sumiko's panties lololol XD

Mayumi begging for the horror movie was cute <3 And how Sumiko brought Ritsu making Usa say "Good job" was lol

Mayumi saying she loves Horror movies because the dumb couple get killed first was lol.

Ritsu was so kawaiiii hiding her face in the pillow saying she's sleepy and calling him a liar. I can totally feel him when he enjoyed her suffering XD So adorable <3

Sayaka seems like quite the big Sadist there XD Her entrance was hot fondling Mayumi all over. She's really cute but she obviously has a second face XD Lol'd at how she got Usa dere XD And how much Mayumi hates her. She obviously knows her true side XD And poor Ritsu saying "Excuse me for me unsocial" Direct K.O there XDXDXD

Enjoyed this more than ep1 and can't wait for more :D
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

264 by Assassin2112 »»
May 11, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

83 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 5:18 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

124 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 4:35 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

163 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

91 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.