Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 23, 2008 8:43 AM

Jun 2008
DinaraC said:
grt episode and i have to agree, it feels that it is better than the first series. or is it absence makes the heart grown fonder? hmm, tiera has changed. he is friendlier to his fellow pilots which i think is a plus.

Lol, the wait could be the reason, but I do feel that the pace is better and more exciting than the beginning of season 1. I didn't like the first few eps of season 1 at all, thought it was just politics and mecha fanservice XD I think the reason for that is at the beginning, they have to set up the environment, explain the world situation and technologies, introduce the characters and the factions, which can all be quite boring (to me anyway). But season 2, you already know most of the characters and what the world is like, so they can get right into the action and plot.

That, and because most who are watching season 2 are fans of season 1 (or at least liked it in some way) XD
Oct 23, 2008 12:59 PM

Feb 2007
I don't like Lockon v2. :(

Great ep, Allelujah is amazing.

DinaraC said:
hmm, tiera has changed. he is friendlier to his fellow pilots which i think is a plus.

If by more friendly you mean more gay then yes. More gay for sure.
Oct 23, 2008 10:43 PM

Oct 2008
Ribbons(whatever his name is) must have.. a.. sloww... and ...bitter... death... screw ....hhhim
I hate Chihiro subs... nuff said
Oct 24, 2008 12:29 AM
Nov 2007
I don't even want to call Lyle Dylandy, Lockon 2. I just call him Lyle Dylandy... And Ribbons is not going to die soon. They first get rid of the A-Laws one by one I Guess.
Oct 24, 2008 12:45 AM
Apr 2008
Agreed. But A-LAWS won't disappear so soon. I expect them to perish with Ribbons at the end of the season.

& the story among Ribbons, Tieria, Neena & Regene will have to be cleared up before any of them died in the season.
Oct 24, 2008 4:34 AM

Jun 2007
Yea.. So far it looks better than the first series..
Oct 24, 2008 8:54 AM

Jun 2008
Maurice said:
I don't even want to call Lyle Dylandy, Lockon 2. I just call him Lyle Dylandy... And Ribbons is not going to die soon. They first get rid of the A-Laws one by one I Guess.

Yeah, I don't want to call Lyle "Lockon" either, that'll just insult Lockon. So I call him "Lockoff" XD

I think Ribbons would either be the final boss, or he'll die early and the *real* final boss will be revealed.
Oct 25, 2008 2:48 PM

Jun 2008
Calestial Being has cleaned up XD Let's move on to the next mission.
Mar 30, 2009 11:16 PM

Jul 2008
allelujah is back, and now they have for gundams running around, and it seems that guy who took over for lockon is using celestial being to help catacon (or whatever that antigov't force is)
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 27, 2009 8:51 PM

Jun 2007
MapleRose said:
Maurice said:

Yeah, I don't want to call Lyle "Lockon" either, that'll just insult Lockon. So I call him "Lockoff" XD

Lol
I was so in a Venting mode when the preview showed him kissing Feldt D:<
It made me feel a little sad when Tieria welcomed Alle... if only Lockon was there ;A;

Anyway, S2 totally kicking ass :D
Jun 17, 2009 7:50 PM

Apr 2007
Let's see. It's hard not to think of Lockon when his twin is on the screen looking EXACTLY like him, has his voice, and sort of his attitude.

I like the new Tieria, Lockon(Neil) changed so many people. It's amazing. I like the scene when he's walking away from the grave in the end. And Lyle with the 4 flowers on the table obviously for both parents, Neil and their lil sister.
And Setsuna cried once, when Lockon died.

I understand one of the pics in the end too. Either Saji or Louise had the gun and the other is holding the hand. It's like saying "you don't have to fight anymore, i'm here"

And it's nice to have Alle/Halle back, and glad that he hasn't changed. But he sure is hung up on Soma/Mary. I'd like to see how that plays out.

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
Jul 11, 2009 10:32 AM

Mar 2009
ZOMG!!! Awesome episode!! The rescue was amazing. There's def something up with the new Lock On, how's he so good? When they launched Allelujia's Gundam, and it smashed the wall right in front of him, I was like \o/ !!!!! And the scene, where they all escaped, and then it cut to Marina inside Setsuna's cock-pit was so EPIC!!! Can't wait for more, Gundam 00=So Fucking Win!!! Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 6, 2009 12:02 AM

May 2008
The prison breakout was good XD
Jun 17, 2010 4:01 PM
Feb 2010
Tieria x Setsuna teamwork is awesome. I thought they didn't used to get along, but they seem fine now.

And Lockon v.1. >>>>> Lockon v.2.

Aug 2, 2010 8:35 PM

Jun 2009
I don't like the new Lockon as much. I am interested in why everyone was commenting on his battle stats.

The new Tieria is so sweet... :)

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 20, 2010 9:47 PM

Apr 2009
wow most epic episode of the serie !!!
it was so intense !!

look lke world peace is impossible :(
Aug 25, 2010 1:56 AM

Jan 2009
I have no idea of why you guys hate Lockon's bro, he totally hax. And Alle is now heterochromatic, so sexy.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 27, 2010 9:47 AM

Sep 2009
Lyle is a pretty cool guy. Too bad that he couldn't serve a better role than be the replacement for his brother, whom he looks identical to nonetheless. Anyways, great episode. Second season is looking good.
Dec 24, 2010 8:51 AM

Feb 2010
Tieria and Setsuna talk quite a lot now. And they the most important thing is that they can work together. They used to be so cold to each other~

I really missed Allelujah. Didn't know when he's captured in season 1
crimsoncrystDec 24, 2010 9:00 AM
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Apr 27, 2011 11:49 PM

Sep 2009
I LIKE HOW THEY JUST SMASH THE BRAND NEW GUNDAM INTO THE WALL.
"We got trust in our shits quality, yo."

Lockon is turning into quite the interesting character again.
I find it both sad and adorable at the same time how Haro thinks Lockon is Niel.
Jul 11, 2011 12:16 AM

Apr 2009
Great prison break plan, all done in just 5 minutes. Shiny brand new Gundams! I wonder how they retrieved Kyrios' solar reactor for use with Arios without finding Kyrios itself and Allelujah though.

The only unbelievable thing is that those officers backing Soma up sure suck at shooting an escaped prisoner, clearly not in top condition, who faces the challenge of quickly mounting an open mobile suit in an open hallway. They let Allelujah get away without a single scratch, even with several people firing at him. Then again, he's a super soldier so... handwaved.

Yay for Setsuna x Marina shippers!
Nov 26, 2011 11:49 AM

Mar 2008
Awesome episode, awesome action. Next one probably will be even more awesome. Seems like Lockon really knows what to do here. Even better than his brother!
Also this is just me or it feels like OST in 2nd season is much better? I have this feeling from the really start of the 1st ep... OP/ED is not good but the actual OST... just epic!
BTW it feels like there is still some mystery around Lockon...

Sabinlerose said:
I find it both sad and adorable at the same time how Haro thinks Lockon is Niel.

In 3rd ep Haro is already aware that he is not real Lockon, which you can see from how Lockon was asking Haro about what his brother did during fights.
EndymionNov 26, 2011 11:56 AM
Nov 26, 2011 1:26 PM

May 2009
Endymion said:
Also this is just me or it feels like OST in 2nd season is much better?
The first season had a great OST as well, but yeah, the 2nd season's soundtrack is even better - especially in the second half. And the movie pretty much takes the best tracks and make them even more awesome.
Nov 26, 2011 9:18 PM

Mar 2008
stAtic91 said:
The first season had a great OST as well, but yeah, the 2nd season's soundtrack is even better - especially in the second half. And the movie pretty much takes the best tracks and make them even more awesome.

Well for me there is 3 category of OSTs. The ones that I:
1. can notice and totally dislike them/ it feels like they out of place or something.
2. hardly can notice without paying close attention to them. This is "ok" category.
3. can notice easily and feel like they are really adding something good into the scene.
Season1 OSTs was from 2nd category, Season2 OSTs - from 3rd =)
Feb 15, 2012 4:55 PM
Dec 2010
oh yeah this is GunDam as i like it .. 1st season was about bunch of amateurs taking too big bite for them (they got decimated and technology got leaked just as i had predicted early in season one) but This time finnaly they give me right "GunDam feeling" as if there are 2 options to take they gonna make 3rd one ourselves to make it work as they wish haha
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Mar 17, 2013 8:47 AM

Mar 2013
The assault on the prison was excellent. And it looks like Lyle will be even more skilled at sniping than Neil. Also, Alleluyah is back!
Jan 10, 2014 10:58 AM

Jun 2013
Great to see the gang back at it again!

Can't wait to see where this goes now that they've all been through stuff and are not as naive as in season one :)
Apr 30, 2014 1:43 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was some of the best action I've ever seen in a Gundam series. The whole concept was wonderfully executed and you really get the feeling that Sumeragi is something special in her tactical conceptions.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 30, 2014 6:28 PM

Feb 2013
That wave! I love this episode! Just crash the ship into the ocean to create a huge freaking tidalwave! Again, one of the more memorable events of the series.

"Why are you crying?"
"Because you don't."
Aug 10, 2014 8:23 PM

Oct 2013
._____.

What the holy bloody hell happened to this series?! It was great before; season 1 was a solid 8/10. But if it continues being THIS awesome season 2 may get a 10/10.

Just... holy bloody hell! The fights were AMAZING. Lyle was AMAZING. Allelujah's escape was AMAZING. Allelujah's confrontation with Marie was AMAZING. THE FINAL LINE WAS AMAZING.

Have I mentioned how amazing the voice acting is for this dub? Because it is AMAZING.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 8, 2016 3:40 AM

Jul 2008
Finally White Base can fight back.
Sep 4, 2018 7:55 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Sumeragi is finally back into action. She probably still feels like things will be her fault if her forecasts turn out wrong, but I'm sure she was a bit relieved to hear Setsuna tell her that no one will blame her.

Allelujah is back! Poor guy, looks like he hasn't been able to sleep...in all these 4 years. I'm interested in seeing more interactions between him and Soma. I also laughed when Arios went straight where Allelujah was supposed to find it and put a hole in the wall.

As for Marina, idk how to feel about her. I think I've said it before, but she's been rather useless and almost unnecessary so far in the series. I don't really feel any chemistry between her and Setsuna, and it's been a bit over half the series. But their relationship reminds me a tad bit of Kudelia and Mikazuki. A bit.
Oct 18, 2020 12:33 PM

Nov 2019
Wow! talk about interesting developments with action packed mecha xD
Jan 9, 4:59 AM

Jul 2017
I was so happy to see allelujah back with the others.
The new Lockon seem strange to me, like he is hiding something, i don't trust him.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.