Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2009 7:40 AM
May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well the ending seemed a little rushed with the whole Joe and Meg situation. Maybe the OVAs will give a little insight to what happened to Meg after all this was over or maybe the manga will shed some light on that.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 6, 2009 4:17 PM

Jul 2008
NeloDeath said:

Well the ending seemed a little rushed with the whole Joe and Meg situation. Maybe the OVAs will give a little insight to what happened to Meg after all this was over or maybe the manga will shed some light on that.

yeah i know what you mean, jo and sei just kick the bucket like that, and now meg is in control of jango? what about amy, leo or kyohei?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 6, 2009 4:36 PM
May 2008
kage-bunshin said:
NeloDeath said:

yeah i know what you mean, jo and sei just kick the bucket like that, and now meg is in control of jango? what about amy, leo or kyohei?

I imagine the manga explains it a bit better, and I've yet to watch the OVAs so I can't say how much those explain.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Nov 24, 2009 5:24 PM
Jul 2009
why wasn't this anime rated R for violence, its only pg-13 lol but anyway, it was an okay anime show.
Jun 1, 2010 12:36 AM

Jun 2009
I really have to agree with the review about this anime: it was really great in certain parts but large chunks were just crappy.

This really could have been better if it had been cut down to about 12 or 13 episodes. You know, cut out the filler episodes, that problem which seems endemic to all ecchi anime. Then cut out the episodes which deliberately obscure the plot and instead make things a little more coherant by not jumping around so much. That would probAbly only leave about 11 episodes but then they could use the extra episode or 2 to make the ending less abrupt.

That's my 2 cents. I wouldn't bother, but I honestly think that this anime could have easily been a 9/10. As it is, I'm only going to give it a 5 because I came very, very close to dropping it many times while watching.
Jun 7, 2010 6:34 PM

Feb 2009
TBH, the anime was all over the place...It's ridiculously messy. At first, it makes you think that it's about the guy from the cooking school who gets caught up in this organization, but he doesn't even show up in half the episodes, and in was never any useful regarding plots....He might as well have been a filler character.

Then, you get Meg, a totally useless girl who is somehow still living despite being in dangerous situations 24/7 and practically stepping over every land mine possible. Together with Jo, they demonstrate over and over again how incompetent they are at missions (carelessly talking about secrets in public, etc)

Jo was supposed to be this character who put Meg above everything else, but she ends up abandoning Jo for Sei?! and Japan...WTF? It's also unsatisfactory that in the end, she is proven to be just a killing machine who can't live without fighting like she was created to be...

What the hell is the end supposed to be? Meg controls Jango? yeah, right...She can't even properly fight. Moreover, it's not followed through (at least it hasn't yet), the OVA is about some irrelevant matter that happened before the series, the Manga is yet another Prequel.

The only saving grace of the series is the slick animations on some fight scenes.
Sep 10, 2010 4:22 PM

Mar 2010
what a cheesy ending

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 12, 2010 1:07 AM
May 2010
Hm. As much as I was bothered by how frequently Meg managed to get herself captured, I can't actually say I /completely/ blame her. I suppose it's a consequence of being the only *normal* member of the group, with the exception of Kyohei. I wholeheartedly agree that the ending was somewhat rushed. Overall, the orchestration was a bit of a shambles. But unnecessary fillers aside, the action was nice--enough to make me keep watching until the end.
Sep 27, 2010 11:47 PM
Jan 2009
I too feel sorry for Jo, and Meg losting her friend pretty much the only family she had besides those kids. The ending was rushed.
Oct 6, 2010 1:44 PM

Nov 2009
This episode was beyond lame. :\ The whole series couldn't keep my attention, but I have never dropped a series and I don't plan to. I finished it in the hopes that it would at least end well; I was sorely disappointed.

As many said, it was rushed. I actually got confused and had to rewind to understand Joe and Sei died (I was playing Mahjong. That's how hard it was to pay complete attention). Then suddenly Meg is an action hero? Don't kid yourself. She's incapable and irritating. She can't be involved in a single mission without being kidnapped.

All in all, this series was very disappointing. I watched the first six episodes several years ago and thoroughly enjoyed them. I'm sad to say that the rest of the series did not fullfill my expectations.
Apr 13, 2011 1:31 AM

Oct 2008
Eh, rushed. Crap.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 10, 2011 4:09 PM

May 2009
justinefremlouw said:
Jo was supposed to be this character who put Meg above everything else, but she ends up abandoning Jo for Sei?! and Japan...WTF? It's also unsatisfactory that in the end, she is proven to be just a killing machine who can't live without fighting like she was created to be...
^ This.
Jul 20, 2011 2:14 PM

Apr 2009
I just finished the last episode. So Jo and Sei died in the explosion? - I know we see Jo's scarf in the building, but that's really not confirmation she's dead?

And the part when Meg was supposed be cool shooting the guns at the end almost made me laugh. She's no hero.. she should just take off Jo's clothes and quit while she's ahead. Also, with Rapt and their big brain gone, what's left to fight?

The OVA is a prequel about New York. I haven't seen the Manga, but does that explain things any better or continue into future events?

Whatever, I give the show a 6.5/10 which rounds to a 7 on MAL.
Sep 23, 2011 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
This sucks.
Why the fuck Jo dies? And Sei? Why?
I'm sincerely sad and bit depressed.

Good series none the less.
Jan 8, 2012 8:56 PM

Jan 2010
Jo picked Sei over Meg that was the biggest flaw at the end of this show. She ALWAYS put Meg over everyone why now choose someone else over her? I see how they tried to justify it withthe whole Maria thing about fighting is all shes ever known BUT hats not a good way to sum it up.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Mar 21, 2012 6:01 AM

Oct 2009
The series as a whole was pretty decent and fun to watch, but the ending sucked big donkey balls. Here's how I would have done it:

Jo: "I have to destroy RAPT and save Tokyo!!!"
Meg: "Fuck Tokyo, we have a giant robot. Let's just take it and fly to some tropical island where we can have hot yuri secks every day!"
Jo: "...OK, let's do that instead."

Credits roll.

Epilogue:
A few weeks later, Kyohei and Amy arrive together on the same tropical island after getting a call from Meg. Amy finally managed to turn Kyohei into a lolicon. Kyohei is now a "pastry chef" and has delicious caek whenever he wants.

THE END.

Seriously, is this too much to ask for ?
SurferDudeMar 21, 2012 6:20 AM
Sep 17, 2012 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
An average series although I did enjoy some of the other episodes towards the end.

This finale started off weird though with some lesbian like scenes lul. That final scene was badass though. 6/10
Dec 4, 2012 5:26 AM
Aug 2012
a very average anime for those who say jo picked sei she didnt she choose to save the world using the powers she was given she wld have gone even if sei wasnt there also there isnt rlly any confirmtion that she is dead i mean she cld have hide inside jiango as for meg putting on jos coat and thinking she cld do anything but get killed on whatever mission shes on next not to mention seeing as bilan is gone who even funded jiango mk2

Jan 16, 2013 8:57 PM

Sep 2007
so-and-so series and boring final

only good point, in last episode, is that Meg with Jo clothes is totally hot
Ryoga84Jan 17, 2013 7:59 AM
Jun 24, 2013 7:15 AM
Jul 2012
SurferDude said:
The series as a whole was pretty decent and fun to watch, but the ending sucked big donkey balls. Here's how I would have done it:

Meg: "Fuck Tokyo, we have a giant robot. Let's just take it and fly to some tropical island where we can have hot yuri secks every day!"

Credits roll.

Epilogue:
A few weeks later, Kyohei and Amy arrive together on the same tropical island after getting a call from Meg. Amy finally managed to turn Kyohei into a lolicon. Kyohei is now a "pastry chef" and has delicious caek whenever he wants.

THE END.

i like this ending better, then the ova coulda been a fanservice beach ep, oh well, as someone else said, problem with this show is that it was 24 eps, took way too long

if it was 12-13, coulda focused more on the... plot, was there a plot? something about glowing brains an like ep 12 i think something about a pharm. company then didnt mention anything else till like ep 20 it seemed like
Feb 6, 2014 10:12 PM

Dec 2010
SurferDude said:

Credits roll.

Epilogue:

THE END.

ROFL. just finished this anime, and really enjoyed it, until toward the end they just forget about kyohei, and the obvious fail final ep.

but I'm going to pretend this is what actually happened.
Jul 14, 2014 7:20 AM

Sep 2012
make new anime, what shows what happens next, events after this, even if its about that female cop & that cook guy or what ever char from this anime, as long its not 1 of the thugs who live in crime Zone where no1 goes
Nov 28, 2014 2:23 PM

Nov 2014
Just finished this series and I'd enjoyed it up until the end. Left me a little clueless. They totally left out Kyohei, like whats up with that? And Jo abandoning Meg? Come on.
"Dreams are illusions. All they do is interfere with reality." -Ein
Jan 3, 2019 7:08 AM

Mar 2016
So much untapped potential. The direction of this series changed at least three times. If they had just kept what they had going on in the beginning, with Kyohei as the wimpy self-insert interacting with the girls, this could have been some comfy, mindless fun. Whenever he and Jo were together it was cute as hell. The cybots were pretty cool, and I liked it conceptually, but a lot of the individual episodes felt like wasted time. The second half was pretty bad too. Some focus, and some better episodic stuff, I could have really liked this. The main conflict just didn't feel earned.

Also, it's way too easy to fall in love with Sei.
syncrogazerJan 3, 2019 7:19 AM
Jun 6, 2022 5:14 PM

Jul 2021
This could have been very good, if it had a proper ending, with everything being this inconclusive it's a 7/10 at best, with the strongest episodes being the first 6 or so.
And tbh I didn't mind Kyouhei being forgotten about much, even if he was a decent character by anime loser standards.
Feb 10, 2023 12:06 PM

Jul 2020
what a disappointing ending oh my god. I was hoping Jo and Meg would at least meet happily at the last seconds but this... this was just sad, and too rushed. 
the fact that 2 out of 5 main characters suddenly were completely neglected in the last episodes surely didn't help 
InexplicableFeb 10, 2023 12:10 PM

More topics from this board

» Spoilers in the character descriptions for Sei and meg. Admin?

Foreall908 - Jan 4

0 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 4, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Bakuretsu Tenshi Episode 1 Discussion

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 25, 2009

11 by AshRayKay »»
Oct 6, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Bakuretsu Tenshi Episode 7 Discussion

Kvakond - Dec 12, 2008

3 by AshRayKay »»
Oct 6, 2023 8:08 PM

» What went wrong?

JoCaTen - Apr 28, 2021

4 by Jinxxed0 »»
Jun 21, 2023 7:34 PM

Poll: » Bakuretsu Tenshi Episode 12 Discussion

Kvakond - Dec 12, 2008

2 by JaniSIr »»
Jun 6, 2022 7:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.