Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 16, 2012 4:19 PM

Dec 2009
I loved him from the beginning when I first read the manga.
... and I love how they did a great job in his art/graphics/animation of his appearance in the anime.

I'm not sure why I'm making this thread but I've always found Ryota really "good looking" *cough* shut up... I know I'm a guy but... no homo.
He's cool, handsome, scared to say but sexy and very good looking, He's a great protagonist to love!

... just wish there were more fan art pictures or at least more/great anime screen shots of him.
Oct 16, 2012 4:22 PM

Jul 2011
He is very interesting person, I must say ^^

I like him too, I think he is going to my favorite character list as only male character.
(I was thinking to add him when started to read manga, but didn't got time to do that)

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 16, 2012 4:32 PM

Aug 2012
Too bad he's dumb as a fucking rock.

Ohhhh herp derp why is there a number that decreases as time goes by on an explosive device?

*4 bombs later*

HEY GAIS I FIGURRED IT OUT! ITS A COUNTDOWN TIMER!111

كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Oct 16, 2012 4:34 PM

Jul 2008
Can't say he's my favorite among the survival game manga protagonists, I found him lacking when compared to his colleagues who are trapped in similar situations.
Oct 16, 2012 4:43 PM

Feb 2005
Goryo said:

Ohhhh herp derp why is there a number that decreases as time goes by on an explosive device?

*4 bombs later*

Yea that was awful.
Not dropping it yet though, despite this case of shocking retardation, it might be decent still.
Oct 16, 2012 7:34 PM

Dec 2009
obviously Baman & Goryo didn't read the manga.
LunaOct 17, 2012 12:47 AM
Oct 17, 2012 2:16 AM
Oct 2012
he is so cool..... but sometime dummy also reality, i become like it's also because i first read manga and after i see the anime i become more more like him.... i didn't know some guy also think the same way lol.
Oct 17, 2012 5:04 AM

Jul 2011
waalex11 said:
obviously Baman & Goryo didn't read the manga.

Hmm... don't know about that :P
Even they read, its still same as anime.
(manga just been longer to able read, anime just started to air)

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 17, 2012 5:26 AM

Sep 2012
Goryo said:

*4 bombs later*

Yeah, that was totally stupid, I also almost dropped it after this. Episod 2 is a good improvement though.
Oct 17, 2012 6:43 AM

Jan 2009
Baman said:
Goryo said:

*4 bombs later*

Yea that was awful.
Not dropping it yet though, despite this case of shocking retardation, it might be decent still.

Yea that was dumb but I guess it's more of him still trying to get to grips with his situation. He's still in a state of disbelieve and confusion from waking up in the middle of nowhere and suffering from slight amnesia.

But he's definitely not a stupid protagonist as using bombs requires a lot of anticipation, quick thinking and reading the opponent which all comes into play later on in the story.
Oct 17, 2012 10:19 AM

Dec 2009
wow thats really gay...
so most of you guys have that level of watching an anime?

Just because he didn't figure out that the bomb was a countdown bomb in seconds...
Oct 17, 2012 2:19 PM

Aug 2012
waalex11 said:
wow thats really gay...

nuh uh! The criteria that u judge anime by is gay!

waalex11 said:

Just because he didn't figure out that the bomb was a countdown bomb in seconds...

Most people who fail to figure out that a bomb has a countdown timer "within seconds" tend to be given darwin awards. I'm angry that he didn't die a very stupid death. His stupidity coupled with the fact that his insides didn't get liquidized from the force of so many explosives going off so close to him (during the chase) also irritated me.

There are plenty of reasons why I decided to drop this (Cliche's, stereotypes, refusal to suspend disbelief) but his stupidity was at the top of the list.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Oct 17, 2012 2:51 PM

Dec 2009
lol, people give that much thought into it? geez...
lol whatever. Everyone has different taste I guess
Oct 17, 2012 10:07 PM

Jul 2012
Goryo said:

Okay, you have a point there. But I assumed he was just panicking and stressed out since he was stuck in this game.
I do enjoy BTOOOM! a lot so far and Sakamoto's one fail won't make me drop a show.

I'm not voting on this poll until I see more of his character.
Oct 18, 2012 2:25 AM

Dec 2011
Nah, he treated his mother like shit because she was helping him. My favourite character would be the old guy or

Also, it's weird that he has so much agility for a NEET.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Make a contract with me... /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Oct 24, 2012 11:14 PM
May 2012
I can't believe that the guy who voiced as Ryota Sakamoto was the same actor who played Joichiro Nishi from Gantz Perfect Answer.
JafriZinNov 8, 2012 6:48 AM
Oct 30, 2012 8:51 AM
Jul 2012
Goryo said:

*4 bombs later*

Then you did a great mistake,just watch the episodes 2,3 and 4 and you will see what I'm talking about.
Nov 1, 2012 5:30 AM

Jan 2008
Goryo said:

*4 bombs later*

I also had the same thought as you , but still I continued and found out that it actually made sense . The explanation is explained in the later eps so dropping it right off the bat is a bad idea .
Nov 2, 2012 9:19 AM

Oct 2011
archer_shirou01 said:
Goryo said:

*4 bombs later*

I also had the same thought as you , but still I continued and found out that it actually made sense . The explanation is explained in the later eps so dropping it right off the bat is a bad idea .

Actually high voltage can't damage your brain, only high current can do that, You are only paralyzed for a few minutes because your muscles are shut down. Trust me, i'm studying engineering.

I also hate Ryouta because of the way he treats his parents, especially after seeing episode 5, for god sake he could have killed his mother when he threw shit on episode one, it even broke the wall.
Nov 2, 2012 3:46 PM

Feb 2012
He's cool I guess.
Nov 2, 2012 4:28 PM

Mar 2010
Nilinhow said:
archer_shirou01 said:
Goryo said:

*4 bombs later*

Actually high voltage can't damage your brain, only high current can do that, You are only paralyzed for a few minutes because your muscles are shut down. Trust me, i'm studying engineering.

I also hate Ryouta because of the way he treats his parents, especially after seeing episode 5, for god sake he could have killed his mother when he threw shit on episode one, it even broke the wall.

Guys do you know a word called ''Shock''?
... Sigh well..
During shock state sometimes people can't think or react normally. Imagine having an amnesia, no clue where you are, or why you are there in the first place, you are given these bomb ''looking'' things that you aren't event sure if they are bombs. Well at least he was able to throw them away at right time. It's not like he was dumb, he was just under shock. =.=

Also did you hope for a perfect main character person at the beginning of episodes? Yes he treated his family like ****, but on that island he is becoming a better person, that's what it is all about. He finally starts to see what he has done wrong in his life. Sigh.

waalex11
I'm not sure why I'm making this thread but I've always found Ryota really "good looking" *cough* shut up... I know I'm a guy but... no homo.
He's cool, handsome, scared to say but sexy and very good looking, He's a great protagonist to love!

... just wish there were more fan art pictures or at least more/great anime screen shots of him.[/quote said:

Also yeah i like the character design as well, but you know it is not that original though. Yagami Light and Zwei from Requirem of Phantom look a lot like him too. But still , not bad. :)
LylaazNov 2, 2012 4:32 PM
Nov 24, 2012 1:50 PM

May 2012
Nilinhow said:
Trust me, i'm studying engineering.

"Trust me, I'm an engineer"
「飾って笑った笑顔の裏に
泣いて崩れた君がいたんだね
なおも君は笑ってくれたね
こんな僕を支えてくれてありがと」

Dec 23, 2012 8:17 AM

Dec 2012
I really like Sakamoto. He is a very realistic portrayal of NEET, and he does grow a lot during the course of this series.
Dec 23, 2012 9:50 AM

Mar 2009
He is so awesome, cool and interesting!!!
Dec 24, 2012 8:27 AM

Mar 2012
He has his moments. I like his growth as a character
Dec 30, 2012 10:56 AM

Jan 2010
Yes, I like him and found him good looking and hot. I really love his appearance. X9
Oct 30, 2015 2:44 AM

May 2011
Is it just me or does he have girly eyes? It's distracting lol
Oct 30, 2015 4:44 AM
Jul 2012
Mishieeru said:
Is it just me or does he have girly eyes? It's distracting lol

That's pretty gay bro, no homo.
Feb 22, 2016 8:32 PM
Aug 2013
waalex11 said:
... and I love how they did a great job in his art/graphics/animation of his appearance in the anime.

... just wish there were more fan art pictures or at least more/great anime screen shots of him.

LOOOOL you really sound like you like him, but you don't want to admit it. xD I agree though, I have a huge crush on him. >_< He's #1 on one of my favorite character list. xD
Feb 25, 2016 4:14 PM

Dec 2009
asianeekamkee said:
waalex11 said:

LOOOOL you really sound like you like him, but you don't want to admit it. xD I agree though, I have a huge crush on him. >_< He's #1 on one of my favorite character list. xD
Ahaha man, looking at this today this is fucking embarrassing.

Me and my stupid forced cute teen talk days wtf.
... In all seriousness and maturity of today. I love great characters that are good looking and generally dislike characters that are ugly, especially if they are bad flat or not great characters.
Jan 6, 2022 1:58 AM
Jan 2022
I believe he is dumb, just read the manga and seeing him doing many dumb things just making me mad sometimes.

Example, how could he fallen to the same little Boy trick twice or maybe more? And why he still trusting everybody and believe that everything can be solved by some chit - chat?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Dec 20, 2012

470 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 14, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2012

140 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 14, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

142 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 12, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 30, 2012

243 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 4, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.