Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2012 2:41 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loved how they touched upon the topic of biofuel.
I'm still waiting for something interesting to come out of America's research.

Snoring Mamiko Noto was adorable. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2012 3:39 AM

May 2011
Hmm, a nice episode.

Looks like Sawaemon kinda funny nickname there.
Jul 13, 2012 4:11 AM

Sep 2010
The professor's gonna kill her.
Jul 13, 2012 4:39 AM
Jan 2011
OP at 2:14, Sawaki holding hands with Kei, whooop, it's going yaoi it seems
Jul 13, 2012 8:03 AM

Apr 2010
Those guys in the apartment where pathetic even looking for hairs in the bathtub all night long that really a low dept that they descended to.
Was funny to see tho.

I liked Oikawa's dedication on discovering what the professor is hiding and i wonder what see will find the professor seems to be aware of what she was looking for tho.
Jul 13, 2012 9:27 AM

May 2011
I could really go for some miso soup now. Agreed on the guys freaking out about left over hairs and what not in the bath being hilarious and kind of sad. But the episode ended nicely. :)
Jul 13, 2012 10:47 AM

Jun 2009
I loved how those guys were looking for Oikawa's "gold" in the bath, one of best moments. Biofuel topic was pretty interesting, i wonder what'll come of it in the future.
I like Oikawa's dedication to work, but while Itsuki and Yuuki seems to be hiding the tunnel i don't see what about it could be important. I"m betting it just connects the cellar with the shop, but it could be something more, it would be more interesting that way as well.
Haruka's got next to no screentime this episode, but her marriage might become a focus of the story later on.
Too bad Mutou for now is reduced to a drunkard and nothing more.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 13, 2012 1:09 PM
Sep 2011
Styx0202 said:

Kei is not the only one that uses black finger nail paint. It could be Hasegawa, or so I hope.
Jul 13, 2012 3:03 PM

Nov 2010
The Bathscene was hilarious xD
Jul 13, 2012 4:09 PM

Dec 2009
Haha, this episode reminded me why Moyashimon is so special. College life <3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 13, 2012 4:59 PM
Jan 2011
A good episode. Some technical facts, some comedy, some intrugue.
Jul 13, 2012 7:23 PM

Dec 2011
ShinR said:
Styx0202 said:

Kei is not the only one that uses black finger nail paint. It could be Hasegawa, or so I hope.

This. Though the comedy and microbes interest me, im still hoping for some romance Dx

its a shame Haruka didnt appear much in this episode =/ looks like her arranged marriage is giving her a problem (which will most likely explored further in the later episodes) so *hint hint* with the holding hands?
Jul 14, 2012 12:01 AM

Nov 2011
Good episode, with more of the eccentricities and quirkiness of the first season. Getting used to the animation, but Mutou still throws me off. Looks like there may be some resolution with Hasegawa this season, and also more development with the other characters. Looking forward to it.
Jul 14, 2012 7:03 AM

Aug 2008
Asakurabaka said:
ShinR said:
Styx0202 said:

This. Though the comedy and microbes interest me, im still hoping for some romance Dx

its a shame Haruka didnt appear much in this episode =/ looks like her arranged marriage is giving her a problem (which will most likely explored further in the later episodes) so *hint hint* with the holding hands?

The more I stare at the scene, the more I find that the guy on the left it the professor and not Sawaki... And the "girl" on the right doesn't looks like Kei since his wig is a long-haired one.

Good episode! I'm glad to see more of Oikawa! :)
Jul 14, 2012 1:38 PM

Dec 2009
Kurini said:
Asakurabaka said:
ShinR said:
Styx0202 said:

The more I stare at the scene, the more I find that the guy on the left it the professor and not Sawaki... And the "girl" on the right doesn't looks like Kei since his wig is a long-haired one.

Good episode! I'm glad to see more of Oikawa! :)

I feel like it's some new characters. It would be a bit odd otherwise, at least I think so.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 14, 2012 8:14 PM

May 2011
I didn't like Oikawa much in the original series, (she's getting in the way of my ship! grumble), but she's really starting to grow on me. Loved how she pulled an all-nighter in order to search for information - of course, dragging Sawaki along as well.
Jul 15, 2012 9:29 PM

Sep 2007
Man, anime really needs to break away from the typical annoying high school girl molds and just get in characters like Oikawa. Such a stark contrast compared to the shitty tsunderes and moeblobs that are constantly forced down our throats.
Jul 17, 2012 9:54 AM

Jul 2007
We already had a whole "dudes being dumb and creepy because they're really horny" episode last season, it's getting old. I wish Moyashimon would leave that kind of "humor" to series that can't find any other way to hold viewer attention.

oh, these little earthquakes
Jul 17, 2012 11:01 AM

Feb 2010
Awesome episode! Interesting about the "tunnel"... can't wait to learn more.

Needs more Kei <3 haha.
Jul 17, 2012 5:54 PM
Jun 2011
Moyashimon's back and better than ever!
Look like Orzyae and Oikawa have gotten ballsy in the break.

Gotta say the new art style was a bit of a shock too, but i can dig it.

Ah, Moyashimon, a great underappreciated show that makes its viewers feel just a little smarter every episode.

But seriously guys....EWWWW NASTY!

And Oikawa...don't sleep alone, Professor is ploting something.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Jul 26, 2012 3:04 PM

Jul 2007
Not a bad episode. Im still trying to get used to the character design.
I did find the whole vinager and sake thing interesting. Especially the microbe theater at the end, since I use Mirin a lot.

I also loled @ the guys looking for Oikawa's gold in the bath.
Jul 6, 2013 8:58 AM

May 2010
"Gold" searching scene in the bathtub was hilarious.. Can't believe they would go that far.. XD
Sep 15, 2014 2:26 PM

May 2012
Pretty fun and interesting episode! Let's see what's next.
Jun 3, 2017 4:54 AM

Oct 2012
As always men are such simple creatures.. Peeping is the first thing they're thinking about xD

Noto Mamiko's character.. always drink, sleep, and snoring xD

Finally food! xD

But if you cooked raw foods with Mirin (and other sugary substance) they'll become harder to become cooked.. They have to cook a bit more longer than usual
Also easy to get burnt if they're fried
Rayl1ghtJun 3, 2017 4:59 AM
"Signature removed"
Aug 17, 2017 7:56 AM

May 2008
Is this really the Oikawa in season 1? Looks like totally out of character to me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 11 Discussion

OrochiPL - Sep 13, 2012

44 by mushi_Jyou »»
Oct 8, 2020 4:05 AM

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 5, 2012

62 by MetalOilers1247 »»
Sep 9, 2020 4:39 PM

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 10 Discussion

OrochiPL - Sep 6, 2012

15 by syncrogazer »»
Sep 29, 2018 7:11 AM

» Were the sales for this high enough to warrant a 3rd season?

Core1019 - Aug 15, 2014

2 by UrbanJahts »»
Dec 28, 2017 9:12 PM

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 9 Discussion

OrochiPL - Aug 30, 2012

18 by CountZeroOr »»
Aug 3, 2017 3:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.