Forum Settings
Forums

which anime character resonates with you the most? to be specific, who's your "literally me" anime character?

New
May 8, 3:16 AM

Oct 2022
for me, it's shouya from koe no katachi, and bocchi from bocchi the rock
May 8, 3:19 AM

Feb 2020
Probably Rin Shima from Yuru Camp△.

SerafosMay 8, 3:41 AM
May 8, 3:25 AM

Sep 2016
who's your "literally me" anime character?

I have yet to find such a character, unlikely to ever happen.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 8, 3:25 AM
Dec 2021
Kumiko from Hibike Euphonium. At first, Kumiko was just like me, someone who'd rather not try than risk failing, afraid of authenticity, vulnerability, & commitment. Watching her begin to feel the inspiration and passion of life was truly beautiful.

May 8, 3:37 AM

May 2021
Asa Mitaka's personality is very much like me. Her being so complicated with her own emotions is such a real demonstration of human nature. Sometimes she feels super confident at herself, other times she completely hates herself. Shes lonely, loves cats, cares about her own appearnance in the eyes of others. Thats all like me. Overall a super relatable character.

Fujimoto's depiction of her own characters are already very good, but Id argue Asa is even better written than Denji.
May 8, 3:39 AM
Oct 2019
Just one Moriko Morioka from Net-juu no susume. To a point that I know being in her situation I would do the same.
May 8, 3:47 AM

Feb 2020
Tomoki Sakurai, as we both love peace and panties

May 8, 4:27 AM

Jan 2023
Shimarin from Yuru Camp is probably my best answer to this as we’re both pretty reserved and laid-back.
May 8, 4:38 AM

Oct 2014
Similar thread pops up from time-to-time. To save myself some time I'll link my posts in a couple of them. Of course the threads themselves will give you additional people's posts, too.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2155787&id=70908296
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2148819&id=70658226
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

May 8, 4:51 AM
Mar 2021
Ikari, Shinji (Eva) is literally me
May 8, 4:59 AM

Jul 2021
There are barely any characters that are even a little bit relatable.
May 8, 5:07 AM

Jan 2009
maybe shinji of evangelion im sure im gonna be as pathetic as him if im in his situation
May 8, 5:16 AM
Apr 2022
The characters that at background.
May 8, 5:40 AM

May 2018
For me, it's like fusion of Mashiro Kurata and Nanami Hiromachi

If the character is at least well known, maybe Hitori Gotou or Bocchi Hitori
Nanami Hiromachi  Anna Mochizuki 
May 8, 5:50 AM
Apr 2024
Sounds like Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club. I'm also good at cooking and prefer to handle everything myself rather than asking for help. :)
May 8, 7:35 AM

May 2019
Kentaro Oe from the Golden Boy anime.

May 8, 7:46 AM

Mar 2024
Definitely Tohru from Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. I too will give my everything for the one that I love.
May 8, 7:52 AM

Jun 2019
The closest would be, first and foremost, Shiki Magata from Subete ga F ni Naru.

After that, Seishin Muroi from Shiki.

And elements of Migi from Kiseijuu.
May 8, 8:16 AM

Apr 2024
Definitely Mai Minakami from Nichijou. Just can't help but screw with dumb people.

LhundrupMay 8, 9:26 AM
May 8, 8:23 AM

Dec 2019
Tanaka from Tanaka-kun Always Listless. But the one that really scream literally me for me is Kim Dokja.
May 8, 8:23 AM

Mar 2012
Rachel Gardner from Satsuriku no Tenshi, her parents and her relation with them is exactly the same as mine along with how she wants to die but cannot kill herself and wants someone else to do it for her.
May 8, 8:33 AM

Oct 2019
Mix Ishigami with Maomao and you get me.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 8, 8:45 AM

Jun 2023
Not literally me, but probably a combination of Spike and Shinji Ikari.
This exchange pretty much sums up why I say Spike:

Spike Spiegel : Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture.

Faye Valentine : Don't tell things like that. You never told me anything about yourself, so dont tell me now!

Spike Spiegel : I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was all over.

The whole being stuck in the past aspect is definitely me. As for Shinji...I don't think I have to expound on that. XD
May 8, 9:05 AM

Jul 2021
Hirotaka Nifuji, from wotakoi... There's so many similarities that it scares me sometimes
May 8, 12:04 PM

Dec 2015
There has been quite a bit of such threads and I can't find my answers so:

Personality it is most likely Hisagi Shuuhei from Bleach, you might also mix-up a little bit of Isshin Kurosaki from Bleach [Everything but the rain arc]
Look like it is literally Isshin Kurosaki [Everything but the rain arc] all you need to add is light beard and moustache and glasses.

Maybe there's a better character but so far that's all I can tell from the stuff I've seen.
May 11, 1:00 AM

Aug 2018
Whatever Shinji did, I would do the same things.

@Zarutaku 💦🥛
RhaeMay 11, 9:45 AM
May 11, 7:28 AM

Apr 2020
Watashi from Tatami Galaxy minus the glasses
May 11, 8:03 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Rhae
Whatever Shinji did, I would do the same things.

@Zarutaku 💦🥛
@Rhae Including what he did in the hospital? 😂
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 11, 9:40 AM

Aug 2018
people who answer bocchi are kinda cringe. Look at me everyone! I have social anxiety !

I found the main guy in High Score Girl to be pretty relatable. Especially when looking back on the middle school years. Our paths diverged later on in life. he found motivation to better himself while I just became a pothead.
May 11, 12:25 PM
Jun 2023
Mine is easily Kazuya. Not even a prank. Jorking it to a gorl and then realizing you love them couldn't be more similar. Like just give me a big melon brunette lemme jork it and I'll be in looooooove. The only thing I can't resonate with is that he had a girlfriend to begin with. But as I said previously send me a picture of someone i know irl, lemme jork, and then its game over
May 11, 12:25 PM
Apr 2024
mine would be Lelouch because I get what I want poggies uWu
May 12, 4:40 AM

Nov 2014
Either Araragi Koyomi from The Monogatari Series or Hikigaya Hachiman from Oregairu
May 12, 9:24 AM

Nov 2017
Goku. I liked the way Piccolo described him once, "Goku devoted his life to protecting the lives of others. Because of his selflessness, when he died, he was allowed to keep his body and travel to King Kai's planet."

I'd like something similar to be my legacy
May 12, 9:28 AM

Oct 2018
When I was young, Shinji Ikari. Nowadays, Konata Izumi (and Frieren, a bit).

May 12, 9:31 AM

Oct 2010
I am literally Kamille Bidan.
Whenever I say my name to someone, they start laughing and because I am insecure about my girly name I start punching the shit outta him or her, no one makes fun of my girly name.
I always keep an angry mug in order to appear tough and if someone looks at me I will tell them to stop looking, who the hell are they to look at me? if they make fun of my girly name I will beat their asses.
I have a hot childhood friend who loves me but I don't care about her because I love this insane girl with short hair who's on meds all the time and has hallucinations, oh yeah I love to be called onii-chan by hot girls, doesn't matter if they are crazy. I hate the immature girl who cries just because her parents were killed in front of her, it's war girl, WAR! act mature for once!!!
I am not violent, in fact I love peace, we should all be friends, friendship deepens when people stop making fun of my girly name, if they do I will get in my robot and shoot them, their friends, their girlfriends and their whole family, NO ONE MAKES FUN OF MY NAME!!!
I also don't believe in this Newtype shit, what does that even mean? can you punch a Newtype? I love my mom but why did she gave me this girly name I wonder, for in the end I'm an autistic child.
May 18, 6:11 PM
☆RetroRice☆

Oct 2023
Shizuku from whisper of the heart. I’ve always loved reading and had a passion for creating my own story, but I never had confidence and if anyone said my artwork or story was good, I would just say “it isn’t, it’s terrible and I should’ve done better”. Hr story throughout the movie is similar to my life, other than the falling in love part
Gee, it sure is boring around here
May 18, 6:23 PM
May 2024
I think most of us will resonate with Keima Katsuragi

1ChrolloMay 18, 7:08 PM
May 18, 6:32 PM

Jul 2013
Probably cfw-trick from Hyperdimension Neptunia...

https://neptunia.fandom.com/wiki/CFW_Trick
May 18, 6:38 PM
Apr 2021
Yatora Yaguchi from Blue Period

Cheng Xiaoshi from Link Click
May 18, 6:45 PM

Sep 2022
Hitori Gotou from Bocchi The Rock is very similar to me. We both have severe social anxiety and struggle to be able to interact in the real world.

More topics from this board

» Eiichiro Oda and Toei Animation have been keeping a huge secret.

Gashadokur0 - 11 hours ago

6 by Rhae »»
11 minutes ago

» How easy is it for you to pick new anime to watch? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

18 by zedtronic »»
13 minutes ago

» Do your irl friends watch anime?

coolyfruity - Yesterday

37 by CutieAnshin »»
14 minutes ago

» Has a canon ship ever ruined a show for you?

Dragevard - Yesterday

38 by Archean-Return »»
17 minutes ago

» What's a scene from an anime that you wish you could re-experience for the first time?

bucciest - Yesterday

19 by Subarctic-Forest »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.