Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2:25 AM
Mar 2019
Rose is a BEAST in more ways than one. Enough said. haha
Jan 22, 2:26 AM
Mar 2019
Rose is a BEAST in more ways than one. Enough said. haha
Jan 23, 12:33 AM

Aug 2013
Reply to KiliianSleipnir
who is playing the demon lord in the final scene? he isn't listed in the MAL Staff and Cast section. voice does sound familiar, could it be Junichi Suwabe?
@KiliianSleipnir No its not him. I'm not 100% sure here but he's probably Miki Shinichiro the same guy who voiced Urahara Kisuke from Bleach.
Jan 23, 12:50 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to Guranto-kun
@KiliianSleipnir No its not him. I'm not 100% sure here but he's probably Miki Shinichiro the same guy who voiced Urahara Kisuke from Bleach.
@Guranto-kun mmkay... hatnclogs and god in fluffy paradise and sherlock holmes in undead girl murder farce and the sword in reincarnated as a sword... mmmkay! good references... let me listen to him as the sword since that's the easiest one to catch him in (since he's the MC) and i'll listen to that last scene in healing magic one after the other a few times and get back atcha. :D
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 23, 1:00 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to Guranto-kun
@Guranto-kun damn, the overused pipe organ 'i am evil, let me play you a creepy tune!' phantom of the opera kinda BGmusic is KILLING the voice track in the streaming site i use for that final scene in healing magic. but yep, after listening to sword... yep the tinny overtones added by the sound engineers are KILLING my auditory recognition of Miki Shin'ichirō in sword... but i knew him by reading the MAL entry a while back... mhm i think... probably 60% sure... the demon king is Miki-san. thanks! i appreciate your ears! :D
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 23, 2:05 AM

Jul 2017
Rose throwing Usato into the Darkness of Llinger forest to defeat a grand grizzly, only to get chased by one he interrupted on the way..and more blue grizzlies show up as well. But thankfully, there is a large lake that Usato manages to escape to, though he must keep surviving each day forward. And a rabbit that he encountered who was hurt, it ended up following him to help Usato locate the grand grizzly, and also locate better water, which he got poisoned from the big lake. Something which the rabbit is afraid of that's not a grand grizzly, is a snake, which he defintely did not hear about this. Monitoring them day after day, and Usato decided to face them head on, only to discover that the snake has stolen his catch by killing the grizzly and its family...or rather, leaving one of its cubs behind.

Both Kazuki and Suzune are worried about Usato, which he would come out looking fine. The same cub looking for revenge against the snake, and Usato does the same, though he's dent on getting bitten and poisoned...if he wasn't the typical person who had learnt healing magic the hard way. All that work for killing the snake, though it still remains alive, the cub tries to save him, though Rose came to his rescue thanks to the rabbit which is her pet Kukuru. The snake left in the Demon Lord's fight is something which Rose also failed to notice, though Usato defeating it does take a lot of work.

Oh well, Usato passed Rose's test, which is all that matters to stand alongside her...for the incoming war against the demons.
Jan 23, 1:22 PM
Jul 2023
Crap.He said he was going to kill the bears father and then once the bears father(and mother) was killed he says he hates the scene and was goin to get the bears revenge but wasn't he going to do the same?
Jan 23, 1:26 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to DottedDopedLi
Crap.He said he was going to kill the bears father and then once the bears father(and mother) was killed he says he hates the scene and was goin to get the bears revenge but wasn't he going to do the same?
@DottedDopedLi Yes, IRC Usato was aware of his hypocrisy, but was pissed nonetheless.
Jan 23, 7:27 PM
Oct 2021
Pure comfort. Animation and humor are excellent too. I like the concept that Usato wasn't supposed to be brought along, but instead of treating him like shit they are actually nice to him.
Jan 25, 9:16 AM
Jun 2012
Significant lack of sempai this episode.
Jan 25, 8:04 PM
Oct 2019
Very cool episode, Rose please marry me
Jan 27, 1:32 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"Don't think you'll be getting any sleep tonight." YES YESY ES YESY YES I"LL TAKE IT

ahem, anyway,

This dude sums up my thoughts and probably everyone else's thoughts completely:

Was also kind of dreading that Usato would go soft and end up not killing the grizzly, seeing how it was part of a family and all, but I'm still inclined to believe that he would've gone through with it otherwise. Instead though, a much more interesting scenario plays out. Something bigger and more dangerous takes Usato's kill, and Usato goes off to kill it, not to meet his quota for Rose, but purely out of revenge for his own sake. He does hold his own against the snake, almost kills it, but am glad that he didn't. He is still new, and killing something like that would've maybe been a bit too far. Plus it was a great way to reveal to show that Rose was always close by ready to intervene if needed. I wanna be stepped on by Rose, but seeing how she stepped on that snake, I think even I gotta rethink my priorities.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 27, 2:57 AM
Nov 2022
i alredy read manga so i just say not bad
the grapich is not good to
for know i will stay watch it
Jan 29, 4:33 AM

Sep 2014
See, Rose actually cares for him, obviously she wouldnt just leave him alone.

Its been so long since I have seen fantasy without OP MCs, yet this show still feels a bit too generic..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 29, 8:58 AM
Jun 2015
I realy realy genuine love it!!! I love rose her badassery and the hardworkness of her pupil, it makes me curious what will happen and how they will react!
Feb 1, 12:55 AM

Apr 2009
A grand grizzly showed up a minute after his landing. LOL The giant snake ruined the test but he passed anyway, got himself a bonus familiar and now I'm interested on meeting the other two healers of the Rescue Team.

Hoo boy here comes the Demon Lord and his army!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 2, 11:58 PM

May 2015
Usato was pretty awesome fighting off that giant snake. If that bear requires a battalion to defeat...Usato and Rose must be pretty strong currently!
Feb 4, 7:03 PM

May 2023
great episode once again. animation also smooth which I am very happy about
Feb 5, 12:07 AM

Dec 2013
At least he passed the test and he avenged the thing he was supposed to be hunting.

The last scene with Rose was nice.
Feb 11, 7:27 AM
Feb 2021
good character development for an isekai character and nice fight
Feb 15, 9:16 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I'ma be honest. I like the directing + animation direction in this anime. Like there are things I don't like, but they manage to make it a fun ride. A lot, including the writing, reminds me of kinda early anime just with a pinch of modern anime style. Actually, I just had to look at the original source and see that it began in 2016, and that sounds about right for the vibe I'm getting. At the same time, it's anime, but it makes good use of what animation is without going to wild into the beautiful things animation can do. It's not even that's it's in some absolutely ground-breaking animation, more like it just does really well at expressing what it wants to get through in a pretty fun way most of the time. Like they're not afraid to get some wild expressions in there or some expressive, exaggerated movements. A lot of anime play it pretty safe these days and kinda go for more realistic expressions and movements even in comedy save for a few little super exaggerated scenes, but this anime does so quite a bit. It's nice.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 5, 5:58 PM
Dec 2021
great but not there
Mar 23, 4:19 AM
Feb 2024
More boring than Metallic Rouge and that says a lot.

Dropped
Apr 3, 4:05 PM
Jun 2022
Starting Was Good , Rabbit Was Good . Other Stuff Not A Fan Of!
Apr 26, 7:56 AM

Feb 2021
That bunny already sus since start XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 5, 6:01 AM
Jan 2022
excelente dedeeeeeeee
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15

68 by RicFie »»
May 26, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5

140 by ALUCARD47 »»
May 26, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

58 by Ayano_Kuma »»
May 25, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

107 by callmethebigG »»
May 24, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8

68 by G_Spark233 »»
May 4, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.