Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2019 7:39 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What an ending...!

Pizza unite people (FACT!)

That subtle proposal in the end.
Perfect ending for this series. Yugami as person since very beginning will never be able to tell other people his honest feeling (sometime he did some critics tho') but he's actually kinda showing it with his action, and I'm so glad Chihiro really worked hard to understand him and finally Chihiro realized her own feeling.
Aug 24, 2019 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
Yup. Glad for Chihiro, Yugami is working to collect money for them going to watch Heiraku together. This is a perfect ending for this series. It's subtle, but there is something in what Yugami said to Chihiro. "zutto.... tomodachi dewanai kedo, ikou issho ni"
Aug 25, 2019 4:06 PM

Nov 2011
Yugami's desire to become an astronaut in the final chapter made my eyes roll a bit. Otherwise, a pretty good series with a lot of character chemistry between him and Chihiro. I'm not sure how to describe it but this manga had an unique sense of humor that really clicked.

There's also apparently some extras coming.
Aug 25, 2019 7:25 PM

Nov 2018
in the end i still don’t understand yugami at all.. but it was sweet how he thinks of chihiro in a really weird way. what a nice guy
Aug 25, 2019 8:20 PM

Mar 2015
i applaud author dedication.. stay true to the end.. all of character is lifely and has their own interaction.. even the series revolved around MC, the character isn't.

best sol i read in years (the last one is machida-kun no sekai).. 10/10..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 25, 2019 8:50 PM
Mar 2015
Nice that Yugami pays for Rakugo dates with Chihiro by delivering pizzas He is using Rakugo to tell his story to Chihiro
Aug 25, 2019 9:26 PM

Aug 2015
Ahhh so good. Sad I don’t have this to look forward to anymore, at night ㅠㅠ. Really hope Sakura-sensei has been writing and drawing another series. Will definitely look into future works.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Aug 25, 2019 9:50 PM
Jan 2019
Yuuji and chihiro are soo subtle andd soo smooth migosh like get a room u two

Am i the only one building ship here??? IT'S SAILING SO NATURALLY I CAN'T EVEN---
nancevvAug 25, 2019 9:55 PM
Aug 25, 2019 11:06 PM
Nov 2016
Ahh.. What a perfect ending. chihiro is the perfect girL, even after a whole year she still wander about him💕
Aug 25, 2019 11:17 PM

Mar 2012
The epiphany on Chihiro's face reflected my own when I realized what Yugami wanted her to see, what this chapter was building up to.

It's a moment that can only be shared between these two thanks to their timely meeting with Master Heiraku. After all, it's their story.

In short, Heiraku is DA MAN!
Hmm, but why "Hattsuan"? |˄·͈༝·͈˄₎.。oO
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Aug 26, 2019 1:26 AM

Jul 2015
Iyya said:
Yup. Glad for Chihiro, Yugami is working to collect money for them going to watch Heiraku together. This is a perfect ending for this series. It's subtle, but there is something in what Yugami said to Chihiro. "zutto.... tomodachi dewanai kedo, ikou issho ni"

I never would have thought of that but you are right good sir!
Aug 26, 2019 2:43 AM

Sep 2013
This is a manga I just picked up at random. Not really into slice of life but I kept reading every new scanlation. There is a weird appeal to this manga. Anyway Yugami finally got a character development in the end. The author sure did implied the romance subtly. It's left to our imagination I guess.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 26, 2019 5:16 AM

Sep 2007
I'm going to miss Chihiro's ′• ‸ •‵ face. As if she wasn't a perfect enough girlfriend material for Yugami, now she's genuinely into baseball! This series needs a sequel, badly...

Rakugo... IN SPACE!

Edit: I want the person who voted '1' in the poll to explain themselves (and reflect on their life choices)
vanetzAug 26, 2019 5:19 AM
Aug 26, 2019 7:14 AM

Feb 2018
vanetz said:
I'm going to miss Chihiro's ′• ‸ •‵ face. As if she wasn't a perfect enough girlfriend material for Yugami, now she's genuinely into baseball! This series needs a sequel, badly...

Rakugo... IN SPACE!

Edit: I want the person who voted '1' in the poll to explain themselves (and reflect on their life choices)

Yup, a 4 is understandable, but a "1"!! This guy/gal needs counseling!!
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Aug 26, 2019 7:25 AM

Mar 2010
This manga was good enough to write a review about it. :'D (last time i bothered was 5 years ago)

vanetz said:

Rakugo... IN SPACE!

Oh my, that panel was hilarious, just imagine someone chanting Jugemu Jugemu in space.

Iyya said:

It kind of makes you think that perhaps "Maybe not as friends, but more than friends" but i might be hoping too much :D and in the end it's up to the readers anyway.

Anyways, amazing series with very life like characters that i wish i'd knew them in real life, too. (And it's very rare when i feel this way)
Aug 26, 2019 9:32 AM

Feb 2018
Lylaaz said:
This manga was good enough to write a review about it. :'D (last time i bothered was 5 years ago)

vanetz said:

Rakugo... IN SPACE!

Oh my, that panel was hilarious, just imagine someone chanting Jugemu Jugemu in space.

Iyya said:

It kind of makes you think that perhaps "Maybe not as friends, but more than friends" but i might be hoping too much :D and in the end it's up to the readers anyway.

Anyways, amazing series with very life like characters that i wish i'd knew them in real life, too. (And it's very rare when i feel this way)

On the bright side, the guy avoided being friendizoned even till end!! When viewed this way, it is really amazing, isn't it??
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Aug 26, 2019 9:36 AM
Dec 2017
Did you notice what he said in Russian? I think he meant that for Chihi but kept it casual hahahaa.

Anyway, the romance was so low key, there's no fan-service whatsoever it's just so smooth. What a masterpiece.
Aug 26, 2019 6:40 PM

Jan 2011
What a Yugami ending to a Yugami series. Sad to see it ended, but glad that it happened.
Aug 27, 2019 4:33 AM

Jun 2014
Wrote this in the 81.5 thread but just realized it didn't count as a chapter discussion so I'm posting my thoughts here again! This epilogue pretty much solidifies it. One of the best SOL has to offer (joining the top tier with Fujimiya San, My Love Story, and Dad Gorilla Beard &I) and one of my favorite series of all time.

Yugami cares for Chihiro in his own roundabout way. The rakugo story was just a pretense but he definitely looks forward to spending time with her due to reasons he might not understand himself yet at this point in time lol. He budgets for two tickets every time, thought about her even when they were apart, missed her, and during this epilogue waited a while for her to pass by. Chihiro on the other hand still has trouble seeing this, having to justify his actions with arbitrary reasons to make it work. But while they're not always on the same wave length, both enjoy each other's company.

Loved every second of this and the manga was sweet af. Onwards to rakugo dates for eternity!!
Aug 27, 2019 11:48 AM

Apr 2019
This chapter was pretty romantic for Yugami-Kun standards. The moon kept appearing everywhere and we all know what that means. Overall super satisfied with the ending. I usually dislike vaguely open endings because I want there to be a definitive ending but this is so in character of Yugami and the manga’s atmosphere as a whole I can’t help but feel very content with the ending. I hope Sakura Jun gets serialized again soon he has a lot of talent for writing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2019 11:35 PM

Mar 2015
I freakin' loved this ending. Everything up to this point, and how the manga evolved, made this series a truly enjoyable read. I hope to see the author's next work because I'm definitly gonna read it.
Aug 30, 2019 9:29 AM

Jul 2019
Sad it ended but glad it ended the way it did and stayed true to the characters to the end. He is probably gonna propose if there is a family discount on heiraku perfomance. But that is great about this ending. As we viewers can imagine the what happens next and intepretate their feelings. I hope it goes well for kadota and and that manager (oof forgot her name) but they were also cute together.
Always trust yer tummy!
Aug 30, 2019 9:35 AM

Jul 2019
shubh_jain_2 said:
Lylaaz said:

On the bright side, the guy avoided being friendizoned even till end!! When viewed this way, it is really amazing, isn't it??

Haha true. Can't get into friend zone if you are not a friend XD
Always trust yer tummy!
Aug 30, 2019 11:29 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Even till the very end, Yugami-kun is still Yugami-kun. Truly one of the best SOLs out there. Yugami's just too great of a character and his interactions with others is always enjoyable. This series has a very simple, yet endearing charm to it. Everything that happens is quite straightforward, but its captivating, kinda like Yugami's personality and actions.

9/10
Aug 31, 2019 3:22 PM

Oct 2018
I admit it was really good manga but I have a mixed feeling about the ending. I wonder why this manga tag as Romance genre? there is a hint between Chihiro and Yugami but for romance manga to be ending like this is really frustrated. something need to be done between chihiro and yugami.

8/10
Aug 31, 2019 4:44 PM

Oct 2016
Stoorainclaire said:
I admit it was really good manga but I have a mixed feeling about the ending. I wonder why this manga tag as Romance genre? there is a hint between Chihiro and Yugami but for romance manga to be ending like this is really frustrated. something need to be done between chihiro and yugami.

8/10

tags are added on by other readers by their own assumption (MD even removed the romance tag); the mangaka never claimed it to be a romance manga, but was generous enough to leave it on an open note for the readers to interpret their relationship whichever way they want.
Sep 1, 2019 2:37 AM

Oct 2018
Germs_N_Spices said:
Stoorainclaire said:

8/10

tags are added on by other readers by their own assumption (MD even removed the romance tag); the mangaka never claimed it to be a romance manga, but was generous enough to leave it on an open note for the readers to interpret their relationship whichever way they want.

oh, I see.
at this point I don't know anymore since I'm reading it from beginning expecting that this is romance manga but actually is not. it really shame but glad that you tell me about this. thanks btw
Sep 25, 2019 6:56 AM
Aug 2018
First I was wondering what made Yugami change all of a sudden, after he didn't contact her for a year.

Then he invites her and tells her "There is someone I want to be friends with." and I get all curious.

Even Chihiro got her hopes up.

And then he drops the bomb. "It's with aliens." - And I can't stop laughing.

But I think the Romance tag on this one should be removed. It's paperthin to almost not existing.

Edit: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1803238

I created a thread requesting to remove the romance tag. Feel free to share your thoughts on the matter in that thread.
tr25a3Sep 25, 2019 7:08 AM
Oct 20, 2019 6:46 PM

Jun 2015
It's finally over... I may have said it before, but I'm struggling to end this series. Not because it's bad, but because it's DAMN GOOD. I hate the void left by the ending of a good series. There is just a hint of romance, but that's enough. Because we all know where it's going to lead.

I'm having a good time while reading the series. So thank you Sakura Jun. I pray for you and your dear one's well being.
Oct 22, 2019 2:46 AM

Apr 2013
Wonderful ending for a wonderful series. I'm glad i came across this. 10/10
Nov 4, 2019 11:23 AM

Jun 2015
This was such a fun and unique read. I loved the chemistry between all the characters. He pretty much confessed in his own Yugami way at the end which was cool.
:)
Dec 14, 2019 6:56 AM
Mar 2014
binged it for 2 days and this manga is really good,i can't stop laughing and the interaction between character is so funny

and the ending so fit the story,not forced or anything just plain 10/10 for me
love this very much
Feb 21, 2020 12:13 PM
Jan 2013
Beautiful manga, can't wait for the author's next work.
Feb 29, 2020 9:30 AM
Feb 2020
A really nice ending, I love it
Mar 26, 2020 2:01 AM
Nov 2015
Love It , Bing read It , long time i didnt care for characters in a manga like this, love the mc ... Sadly this is not a romance manga xD .... I got my highs very high and i wanted something from him but anyway the dude is a weirdo, he Will be a weirdo all his Lifw, so the subtle russian quote work for me
Jul 31, 2020 9:01 AM
Jun 2015
Binged read it in two days, while quite tired and sick in bed. Reading this manga healed me in its own way and obviously made it's spot in my top favorite manga. I loved how the story evolved, and how the characters stayed true to themselves till the end even after all those developments. I didn't read it as romance manga (because there was a tag, but in no way is it that!), but purely as SOL. But along the way, yes, I started shipping Chihiro and Yuuji <3 I liked the comedy, I loved the interaction between the characters, I liked the setting, I loved everything about this manga. Especially the open ending of the story. Normally I hate those, but here it was just perfect considering Yuuji-kun's personality.

Yup, I am betting they ended up together, being more than just friends. Because he didn't need a girlfriend back then, but obviously now he knows subconsciously that he definitely needs someone with him. And not just someone but Chihiro of course. And they lived happily ever after, going to Rakugo dates even when they are old!

Ahhh, it's fine to imagine that! It' fiction :P
Aug 2, 2020 7:02 AM

Feb 2018
Yeah, it's because we're friend... 4/10
Feb 22, 2021 3:40 AM

Dec 2018
I loved it, had me hooked the entire time, a nice wholesome read. 10/10
Edit: The mc really reminds me of Sakamoto with that free spirited attitude about everything XD
N1GH7M4REFeb 22, 2021 3:44 AM
Mar 14, 2021 7:26 PM

Nov 2019
For me, this is a masterpiece. I am curious if this manga is popular in Japan? Is there any chance this will get an anime adaptation?
Mar 15, 2021 10:33 AM

Feb 2018
IHateBoredom said:
For me, this is a masterpiece. I am curious if this manga is popular in Japan? Is there any chance this will get an anime adaptation?

Very Low. At the same time, this is one of those few mangas whose fanbase hasn't died after 2 years of ending (and without any anime adaption), so we can only hope.
Apr 27, 2021 7:42 AM

May 2020
That was a pretty good final chapter, all things considered. I'm not going to lie, a small part of me was hoping for something more conclusive in regards to Chihiro and Yugami but honestly, this was the best we could get without breaking Yugami's character. And to be fair, the series has never gone out of it's way to put their relationship front and center, so this open-end is pretty much best case scenario. It's always been subtle, so subtle you could even argue that it's not there but whatever. If Yugami's grandfather managed to land a wife, then Yugami and Chihiro have a good chance too.

This series is a solid 8/10. It's one of the funniest manga I've read recently, it has great characters and a story that wraps up perfectly.
Oct 11, 2021 11:22 PM
Mar 2021
leaving the mc true to himself till the very end, honestly it would have been interesting seeing him dealing with the averageness of a relationship
Jul 2, 2022 10:17 PM

Oct 2014
Ah, i'm going to miss this manga. I didn't really expect much coming into it, but was pleasantly surprised at how good this was. Great comedic scenes, deep character reflections and definitely one of the most unique SOL's out there. Unfortunate that we never got to see the ship never fully sail even though the ending was so fitting for Yugami. 9/10
Jul 20, 2022 9:06 PM
Oct 2020
One of, if not the most satisfying open endings I've read.
Aug 8, 2022 7:43 PM

Oct 2014
lmao I both love and hate the fact Yugami never acknowledged Chihiro as is friend. I think it's great that he stuck to his ideals and the open ending does suggest they'll probably end up together but man it's hilarious it ended this way xD It was such an enjoyable story throughout with great character development, interesting plot progressions and a plethora of hilarious moments along the way.

Easily one of my favourite highschool manga ever Yugami and Chihiro are awesome characters <3
Apr 27, 2023 1:04 AM

Jul 2007
I've finished the manga and now there's a void in my heart. 😩

I think the mangaka has done a tremendous job in keeping the integrity of the characters in tact for these many chapters. Not only that, but the entire cast of characters were fleshed out and were each in their own way, so endearing. The series also had a lot of thought and care put behind its execution.

An 8/10 solid read from me.
May 6, 2023 7:19 AM
Aug 2022
the final could be better but it was fine
Jun 30, 2023 4:33 AM

Jul 2016
"Maybe not as friends"
But as something far deeper... Rakugo buddies!

Yugami's definitely a character that's gonna stick with me. Dude's legit given me a unique perspective on life with how ...Yugami he is.

Feb 24, 7:56 PM

Jun 2017
finished this a few weeks ago, really enjoyable manga.
May 2, 8:07 PM

Aug 2019
About 81.5 - Haha until i learned from comments on the site where i've read, i've not even noticed that chadgami said tecnically his feelings to her. Chad tsundere be like

Well... looks like so many years passed from series' final, so im not sure if we get a sequel about their dating years
jantszztkrMay 2, 8:14 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai Chapter 24 Discussion

Kuma - Aug 11, 2018

2 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 16, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2014

9 by Joel77 »»
Jul 11, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai Chapter 80 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2019

12 by FarCritical »»
Jun 30, 2023 3:59 AM

Poll: » Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai Chapter 79 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2019

11 by FarCritical »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:00 AM

Poll: » Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai Chapter 77 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

6 by FarCritical »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.