Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2018 12:46 PM

Nov 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cheng was really mad hitting Ning like that, but couldn't help but stop Zhao when he had the knife

damn that's a strange type of torture, water drops lol
yes, it's all Yin's fault... obviously :v

that last fight was a little too one sided, 7 people (and a few others that probably didn't matter) just destroying that gigantic army like it was nothing
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 3, 2018 12:57 PM

Jul 2013
It was itneresting how they used that torture technique of the water drop. As far as I remember, this is the first time in a while I have seen this torture method employed in a serious way, and, holy fuck, it was sure effective. I don't know if Ning is going to be mindbreak'd or if she's going to turn into ultimate Yangire. Also didn't realize before she has such nice boobs. Her future doesn't seems too bright, I fear.

Zhao is also fucked and the rebels got ridiculously OP (those armors were a bit hard to take seriously tho, it made them look like caped Power Rangers). And judging by the preview, I wonder if the Empress will went mad too.
Dec 3, 2018 7:01 PM

Oct 2015
That torture technique was really something else, I was dizzy just from watching it. Did Ning just blamed Yin for her suffering even though she was the one that went to the empire on her own accord, in fact she volunteered nobody asked her. Such hypocrisy from the girl, she deserves that torture for sure, but at the same time I felt for her since she had no hands. conflicted, conflicted!

That armory by the rebel army was really awesome, too bad Yin is not there since she is thinking about the bratty sister.

Good episode nonetheless,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 3, 2018 10:38 PM

Mar 2008
Please, Please, please let Ning behead Cheng. The little bitch deserves it.
Dec 3, 2018 10:55 PM
Nov 2018
Long Cheng almost going yandere mode!😍😍 Fighting over nii-sama must've been all the imouto lovers' dream come true.😋

Water drop torture truly does look horrifying. Considering how uncomfortable Ning was tied up as well as her neck being forced to bend backwards and stayed that way, ouch. Who wouldn't go crazy from all that uncomfortable situation? It was obvious she would pin all the resentment accumulated through the torture on Yin when the necklace was obviously used to condition her mind to edge towards that way. Seems more like a mindbreak mind control type judging by next episode's preview. Looks like Long Cheng has a new toy, albeit she might mean it this time unlike with Zhao.

Love how the script writers ended up going with the "captured beautiful enemy woman, fell in love(or lust after), dont report in case of having her taken away from, secretly took her in as slave to be made into a concubine." The essence of plundering the enemies' women. Gave me flashbacks of reading Romance Of The Three Kingdoms.

Well also looks like the seeds of betrayal have sprouted. Enemy mama seems to have begun making her move recruiting enemy general guy.

Wonder what Zhao will do? Will he betray the Empire to save Ning if he is to see her next episode or stay in the dark and deligently work on the zhengtian believing that by completing it he'll rise in rank and request the release of Ning? His conversation with his maid seems like he's planning something with how the tone of the scene seems to be depicted but it might just be to throw the viewers off.

Ahhh, another good episode. Fu Ning how dare they torture you. Hope you dont die in the end just for feels moments.
Dec 4, 2018 10:11 AM

May 2018
So, Zhao is out of the shit bin and just given a slap in the wrist by being demoted to 4 ranks, that like from being a general to a Lieutenant, oh poor Ning she give a water torture, You guys knew that they still do that thing even today, most especially in North Korea, it basically makes you loose your mind, and frankly It won't be a surprise if Ning goes psycho, oh she already is.......Damn you Zhao, you should've killed Cheng when you have the chance.
Dec 5, 2018 4:00 AM

Oct 2008
Oh god! as expected, just look at the next prev scene, Ning would turn into an enemy because of that very harsh torture punishment!
Suddenly all of the rebel leads can control the black armor!? they have a momentary upperhand, not until the zhengtian is released...
4/5.

Dec 5, 2018 9:07 AM

May 2017
Illyrucus said:

Yangire

Love interest and rival is involves so wouldn't she be a Yandere instead of a Yangire? Also, just the boobs too lol, nice and perky

AnimeJunky said:
Please, Please, please let Ning behead Cheng. The little bitch deserves it.

Lmao are you kidding me, Ning is a huge bitch, Cheng is justified, she's just a puppet ruler with hardly any real power, and to top it off just a kid, so was she wrong to fall in love with Zhao? If only Zhao could've told her about her, like Cheng implied, she could've done something, why do you think Cheng is hurting? Bcoz even if she was just second to Yin and Ning, she still understood that Zhao cares for them hence the hesitation, unlike Ning who NTRd Yin 10x more than she did Cheng
Dec 5, 2018 3:14 PM

Nov 2013
- seeing Ning getting slapped was really satisfying
- Ning didn't cause Zhao's downfall. He did it all by himself
- He got off too easily. Fortunately, as soon as Zhengtian is completed, he becomes expendable
- Cheng didn't deceive him. He became her tool willingly

Ning became irredeemable at this point. This episode actually made me empathize with Cheng, she realized that she can never be the most important person for Zhao. Plus she didn't like it, being forced to punish Ning.

How Yin and Co. wrecked the army was cool.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Dec 7, 2018 4:17 AM
May 2009
This kind of water torture is used in fiction, and there is no hard evidence for its effectiveness. Despite that, I believe it is depicted with appropriate care. I'm glad that there was no waterboarding involved. It was horrifying, quite well-directed scenes.
Feb 24, 2019 7:27 PM

May 2010
I knew this story was twisted and I love it!! That water torturing technique...I gotta jot that down for uhh future research purposes...

Man this is so underrated
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 13 Discussion

winddevil1 - Dec 24, 2018

16 by Bugg1211 »»
Nov 7, 2023 12:26 AM

» Will there be a 2nd season?

Ash_In_Space - Aug 24, 2023

0 by Ash_In_Space »»
Aug 24, 2023 9:31 PM

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 8 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 19, 2018

15 by nightcrawlercyp »»
Jul 11, 2019 11:16 PM

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 6 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 5, 2018

10 by Confucius »»
Feb 24, 2019 3:43 AM

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 2 Discussion

Illyricus - Oct 8, 2018

17 by Confucius »»
Feb 23, 2019 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.