Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 14, 2017 12:49 PM

Jan 2013
Great great show and Bell's monologue at the end was pretty good.
We even see the person who's supposed to kill Nonoko just before the Dragon takes off again.

I think it's safe to assume that Bell has died and is a part of the Dragon's teeth again as he said in his monologue whether Nonoko would laugh if she would hear his voice seeping through the teeth.

Shibana flies away still being a dragon's dentist, in her beautiful form to do whatever she thinks she has to finish.

Oh I still wonder why there was a small version of the Dragon she was attending to in her final moments, maybe it shrinks when it dies.

Great show, ridiculous but so good at the same time ^^
9/10
Sep 3, 2017 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
This was unique and I really enjoyed the art style. I also really like Nonoko. 7/10
Dec 6, 2017 5:16 AM

Feb 2013
I wanted to learn more about Blanco and why the hell all the bullets wouldn't hit him.
Jan 23, 2018 2:02 AM

Dec 2012
Someone is typing?
A plane?
Dragon.
I hear that TsudaKen voice in the background.
Bell knows them.
Dat headshot.
WTF at Blanco just standing there. These dudes got Stormtrooper aim?
Dat flashback.
WTF! Blano survived the crash untouched.
Shibana wants to bring back Takemoto?
Shibana acid trip.
Dem hands.
DAMN! Dat kiss. Dat tongue! All dat tongue!
Dat black ball.
The dragon fell.
Blanco sprayed them all.
It exploded.
Holy shit! It's taking all their heads.
Blanco killed TsudaKen.
Blanco shot Bell.
It got Blanco. His luck couldn't escape that.
It's the boy who will kill Nonoko.
Shibana left.
Nonoko looks for Bell.
Dat gun.

And that was the end. It was good.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 17, 2018 12:07 AM

Mar 2015
Overall a really interesting show with an interesting premise! I wonder if it'd be enough to make a TV series out of it though? Would be nice! Wishful thinking, of course.

Too bad Bell died.. again. :\

9/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 18, 2018 2:25 PM

Oct 2015
So Shibana lived, how lame. How could Bel die and she gets to live, how unfair. The series was very good though, simple plot and a good lead character Nonoko ( love it when she pouts).

Although I felt there was more to come though, judging by the way it ended. I guess it really needs a full series no matter what, I really need a series like this.

Overall it was good but short though.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 31, 2018 9:45 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty nice! Some of the CG shots in the early parts of this episode looked pretty rough, but they really made up for it with the ending, which just looked absolutely gorgeous!

Overall, a pretty good way to wrap things up.

7/10
::End of Transmission::

Apr 22, 2018 5:16 AM
Jan 2017
I know this is old but I have this thought. The plot armor guy is a dentist, he knows when he is going to die so he doesn't care about standing anywhere, it's not his time BUT the boy that fought fate and didn't accept his "time" was brought to "change" the time of the plot armor guy so even tho the plot armor guy wasn't supposed to die yet, he did. That's my thought anyway.
Sep 17, 2018 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
While I enjoyed it, I wouldn't recommend this show to others unless they too have a secret crush for Tsurumaki-senpai.

The first episode introduces a lot of ideas, like the war setting, the various types of Mushi, the Dragon and its factions (the dentists, the military, and later on the monks), and how Nonoko predicted her death. Normally I don't mind rushing things a little bit, but a lot of these were barely touched upon on these two short 46-minute-long episodes. On top of that, there were those developments that just came out of the left field, like Mushi being capable of fusing with humans, how the rest of society deals with their day-to-day life alongside the Dragons (as seen on the airplane scene), the Dragon having a weak spot, and Blanco having some sort of connection with the dentists (either that or the gun was giving him supernatural powers, like some have mentioned on this thread).

There's a bit of charm to all the "mystery" surrounding these poorly developed elements, but still... Like some others have said before, I hope they can make a proper, full-fledged series next time.
Oct 24, 2018 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
I feel like this series is going to end up being forgettable to me. The first episode was pretty interesting but the second episode didn't explain much and the characters lacked much depth to them. It had the setup of a full series but it obviously couldn't carry out a lot if its own ideas to the fullest :/

5 or 6 out of 10. Ehhh...
Mar 21, 2019 10:13 AM

May 2012
Damn that was quite something, the animation, especially the colours where totally impressive in this episode! That ending was really amazing and quite lovely actually. Anime like this really makes you think to be honest, and to have such an ending was just magnificent I must say!

Really enjoyed watching these two episodes of pure greatness with such an unique setting and pacing. Really liked it!
May 26, 2020 12:08 AM

Sep 2010
Bell sure loves to die also boy with scar shows up at the end so maybe cause his comrades died he later tries to kill all dragons and Nonoko in the process.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 23, 2020 11:31 AM
Dec 2019
Can someone explain to me the message behind Bell's speech at the end?

I really have no clue what this anime is trying to say--- is it an antiwar story? Is it for fate? Is it supporting defying fate?

But it seems it's very open ended, which in this case means it doesn't really accomplish anything thematically. It doesn't make me question fate any more than I did before.

Also, I think the concept of fate in fiction is stupid most of the time. In the real world, we don't know whether or not there is something arbitrating the turn of events or if it's just random. But in fiction, in order to embody fate, the writer has to conjure up some judicial mechanism that very clearly decides people's futures. Then it's either a)That mechanism is all powerful and it's useless to defy it or b) It's not all powerful and there's no such thing as fate to begin with. Much of the time, writers take the optimistic approach and have characters overcome fate through their sheer willpower or something like that, but that's not saying something new or insightful in regards to real life. If you take the other approach and say it's best to accept your fate, then that's just dumb OR you say something trite like, just live for the moment while you can.

Nov 22, 2021 10:43 PM

May 2020
And I thought my cavities were a pain in the ass.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure to feel how to feel about this. It's an interesting world, the story was decent and the animation was pretty good (Even the CGI). I didn't really connect with the characters though and it did feel a little too rushed. A few more episodes might've benefited this, although maybe that would've ruined everything. An enjoyable show but not one I'll be thinking about much.
Nov 23, 2021 5:09 PM

Aug 2018
I definitely didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did
_______I like rocks__
Apr 5, 2022 8:41 PM
Apr 2021
WOW! just WOW! great story, animation, etc. hope that it will get a full length episode or movie to recognize this great work. love it!
Jan 13, 2023 8:30 AM

Jan 2009
my guess is that Bell is gonna be revive again since he has no killing intent anyway since we saw that only those that have killing intent die for good

or if Bell really died this time then like the wise Godo says love is not only about desiring to be with them but it can also be about cherishing the memories you have with them so Nonoko will do that for sure regarding her love for Bell

overall very good story
Dec 22, 2023 11:14 AM

Aug 2011
The soundtrack of this entire series was incredible!
desu desu binches
Feb 15, 2:08 PM
Feb 2021
An incredible story with a unique world. The dragon is like an eldritch creature that has been normalized in this world, even become an asset to human society. The dragon is clearly otherworldly and corporeal to a certain extent, possessing magical abilities and interfacing between life and death. Maybe the dragon doesn't really distinguish between life and death, which is a scary thought.

I love the musings on fate. It is hard to describe the feeling I get from it exactly but it is like an acceptance of the inevitable. There might be some Buddhist undertones perhaps. I think some of the plot armor can be theoretically explained as the characters knowing their fate via the dragon and therefor knowing that they won't die this time. That could explain the boss guy walking into bullet fire if he was a dentist in the past. He knows it is not his time yet so there is no reason to be afraid.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» For geniuses

WithinReach - Apr 7, 2018

2 by Kamirura »»
May 20, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Ryuu no Haisha Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2017

48 by deg »»
Jan 13, 2023 6:37 AM

» Bad guy theory

itaisinger - Aug 24, 2021

0 by itaisinger »»
Aug 24, 2021 9:15 AM

» chances of a full length seies?

NG_Chloe - Feb 27, 2017

4 by NG_Chloe »»
Mar 4, 2017 2:51 PM

» The Dragon Dentist! - Clean dem teeth.

PrOxAnto - Dec 16, 2016

13 by Nurhan_Farraj »»
Feb 27, 2017 2:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.