Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 5, 2010 4:54 AM

Mar 2010
for me .. i just like it .. the dark and light together .....and more importantly they are all happy in the end... living together with the spirits ...
Mar 24, 2011 2:52 PM

Jan 2010
not so good end i'd say, but I wouldn't sy that the series was horrible still 7/10 for me
May 3, 2011 3:20 AM

Jan 2010
bah i gave this a 7 honestly. the first arc was actually quiet good and i had it pegged as 9 out of 10 hands down. but then the 2nd arc happened and well...it just killed it sadly. ken should of atleast gotten some form of massive power up atleast only one i really spoted was him getting Micheal Revolution and doin the whole cutting through time and space trick which in itself is kinda kickass but not as much as it could be :/ oh wel still 7 out of 10 shame that the ending was so rushed i quiet honestly felt this series could of gone a hell of alot farther or atleast to 150+ chapters
May 30, 2011 9:24 PM

Jul 2010
ugh,,,why>
Jun 2, 2011 10:20 AM

Nov 2007
I loved it, but I thought the chibiness of the anime kinda toned it down a bit. (excluding the Tanuki.) And I thought they could've done a bit better on the epilogue. But this is my first time completing a manga entirely, so I loved it.
Jun 6, 2011 11:50 PM

May 2011
are ken and kagura together? their relationship made no progress at all.
Aug 29, 2011 10:30 AM

May 2009
it's a good ending
maybe it felt rushed in the end but i finished it in less than a day so i think it is normal and it is not their fault it was canned! so 9/10 for me =D

but it lacks romance in the ending lol XD
i was hoping for them to finally say their feeling formally to each other =D

but i still don't get it why they've putted a slash mark on kensuke and cut shizuru's fingers. :/
TweeAug 29, 2011 10:36 AM
Sep 5, 2011 8:22 PM

Nov 2010
Hm... it kinda went the pipes down with a happy ending. Though I wonder how did Izuna survive when her body was linked to Yomi? Her body should've affected when Yomi devoted herself into that black hole
Nov 15, 2011 3:20 AM
Aug 2010
Pretty much what a normal anime manga ending I would've have expected. Its an Okay ending.

Anyways I enjoyed the manga... And to be honest I don't care about complicated story arc if I wanted those I would've read books instead.

---Only cares about blood and beautiful woman and blood... and gore... and monster... when reading manga
Jan 11, 2012 9:32 PM
Jan 2012
I didn't like the ending. But it was a great manga to read, even though it was mainly about killing Yomi. I would have like to see how it would originally end and an epic fight scene between the two girls. But it had to end so soon.
My opinion: Kagura should have died in that battle along with Yomi.
LastStandsJan 11, 2012 9:36 PM
Jan 30, 2012 1:33 AM
Jul 2018
I guess i'm one of the few that liked the ending. I know it probably could of been better, but I still liked it. I watched the anime first, which I think was the better thing to do from story perspective. Because of the anime, I was a big fan of the Kagura/Yomi friendship/relationship/whatever, so I thought the ending was really tragic that they kept being tore apart from each other. I think anyone who has someone really close to them would be sympathetic for them. 8.6/10 (rounding up to 9, since this site only does whole numbers.

(I don't consider the 52.5 chapter to be canon. I think it's a little too happy.)
Sep 3, 2012 12:46 PM

Nov 2011
It's over! Future with Kagura!

Damn shame the anime wasn't like this but rather than a prequel. I would love to see this manga get animated someday but overall, I found it to be enjoyable.

Didn't like the ending much though...
Oct 30, 2012 10:08 PM

May 2012
StormSky92 said:
I guess i'm one of the few that liked the ending. I know it probably could of been better, but I still liked it. I watched the anime first, which I think was the better thing to do from story perspective. Because of the anime, I was a big fan of the Kagura/Yomi friendship/relationship/whatever, so I thought the ending was really tragic that they kept being tore apart from each other. I think anyone who has someone really close to them would be sympathetic for them. 8.6/10 (rounding up to 9, since this site only does whole numbers.

(I don't consider the 52.5 chapter to be canon. I think it's a little too happy.)
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jan 2, 2013 12:14 AM
Sep 2012
Well I've been confused as hell since chapter 41, I just wanted to finish it. It's not that I didn't like the manga, I loved it till like chapter 41 and then it got confusing as hell and I feel like I missed out on a lot of the emotional stuff but jeez it was kinda annoying that kagura and kensukes relationship made no progress at all.
xtremexxJan 2, 2013 12:20 AM
Sep 8, 2013 9:37 PM

Jun 2013
voidbringer said:
im just a bit annoyed that the arcs were always about yomi yomi yomi. how many times does kagura have to face her and kill/ save her? shoot.

Well you do have to consider that the ending was rushed due to the manga being canceled, but yeah shit happens, and you have to deal with the aftermath, though i am not content with this ending, same with mx0 T-T, i actually enjoyed it and how the mangaka wanted this series to end down the short road.

im just disappointed that so many great mangas that have so much great potential get canceled left and right. yeah of course its because they arent that popular with the japanese, where the mangakas are making money of off, and i am just getting the free stuff, but still.

I can agree. It wasn't until just 5 minutes ago that i found out that Ga Rei was cancelled and had its ending rushed, which is really sad. I actually like the ending but i do believe a bit more could have been added, especially with Kagura and Kensuke's relationship. I do wish that when manga series come out that they also include the the world's opinion on the matter, as it just isn't fair to include only the japanese's opinion. Overall, Ga Rei no matter what is my favorite series.
Apr 26, 2014 5:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The second arc was very poor and that last chapter very rushed. It all ended up being very repetitive and I must say I think the anime prequel is superior in every way to the manga.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 10, 2014 7:18 PM

Dec 2007
52.5 <3
Jul 1, 2014 12:35 PM
Jun 2014
I'm glad they added 52.5. The whole killing yomi thing was too much, glad she kinda survived. Also Ken and Kagura actually made progress in their relationship since they lived together.
Feb 2, 2015 7:27 AM

Jun 2014
Repetitive shit.
I'm generous to rate this 5.
Jun 16, 2015 10:51 AM
Jun 2015
Defective_Minus said:
I'm glad they added 52.5. The whole killing yomi thing was too much, glad she kinda survived. Also Ken and Kagura actually made progress in their relationship since they lived together.

Yea i have to agree... But on the note~ They actually made progress before the living together with the others "part". So i guess that after the Final chapter which is 52, Kensuke and Kagura finally got attach together. But it's still kind of weird that Yomi will be around when the dates happens... Feels weird huh?

After looking at the Manga Ending for Ga-Rei and the Epilogue.... Again...

Dang man... Since i read it a long time ago so i won't remember much but... Truth to be told... The Author could have used Kensuke better... Since it was his idea to introduce him as the one of the Main Character from the beginning of the arc... But as the Arc when on... He became useless... I still remember the part where Kagura kicks Kensuke in the balls as he was coming out from the elevator after trying escaping with Yomi..

On that part... Kensuke could have helped to make the Arc slightly different or something like that or maybe it's just me :3

And on to the Epilogue...
It's not that i hate it but... It could have been used as somewhat of an ending but slightly different... Like some of you said... A romantic ending.
But instead... The ending is this... Everyone or something living together with him...

5.5/10

I could have rated it better if it wasn't rushed...
And i start to wonder... How many assistants does he even have when he did the Ga-Rei Manga?

6? i think... After looking at the last page of the epilogue. Not sure if it's that many but...
Shouldn't he have been able to finish the manga properly if he had that much help? Just wondering..
Unless he hit a Writer's Block or something that i have nothing else to say.
Or was it that because he was moving on to a new Manga Series or so... That he rushed the Manga itself?
Because that could be one of the main reasons...

Well that's all I'm gonna say anyway~

Ciao~
Jun 17, 2015 11:17 PM
Jun 2015
I recently picked up volume 1 of GA-REI (English ver.) from KADOKAWA Official eBook Store.

http://goo.gl/6gmxue
Jul 24, 2015 4:22 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Rushed a bit but with the epilogue, it felt like a happy conclusive ending.
Apr 16, 2016 9:02 AM

Feb 2014
The guy who did the manga's prequel (Ga-rei Zero) made a miracle.... because the anime overwhelms (too much) the manga...

-Yomi and Kagura's relationship is no more - that guy replacing Yomi is a fail;
-Kagura don't wield a sword anymore;
-Many times boring.
-(...)
-The last final chapters are somewhat good, though.

PS.: That Noryuki started as a shit since the beginning of Ga-Rei Zero, acted as a shit and ended as a shit here in the manga. I can't accept a woman like Yomi with him, she's too much for him.
Personal complain: In the end, he's still alive, damn! =/ Sorry about my harsh words, but I can't happen to like him, not after what he did, well... he didn't do almost nothing anyways... he's just.. there.
TechOtakuApr 16, 2016 1:37 PM
Apr 7, 2018 2:35 AM
Nov 2014
Well, that was a roller coaster. I liked the final picture where you can see Yomi's reflection in the water, precisely at the place where Kagura stands.
Aug 24, 2022 8:15 AM
Aug 2022
I loved it. It's nice to see a shonen target manga prefer a yuri love between two girls. <3
And for the disappointed, I would like to remind you that the shonen target, such as the seinen, the josei and the shojo, can easily talk about female and male homosexuality.
It is the way they narrate themes, and traumas that change in the targets.
Not the themes.

It is one of the few battle shonen to bring a different theme and not preclude itself from the usual boring narrative schemes and the usual boring hetero couple.
Long last. Too few manga of this genre have promoted the shonen target. too few.

Thanks to "Ga Rei" and "Blue Flag" (target shonen + homosexual relations.)
Jul 20, 2023 2:37 AM

Dec 2022
If this manga ended on Chapter 32 with Kazuhiro's defeat, then it would be close to perfect. After Yomi was resurrected yet again, it went downhill narratively. Characters who previously underwent significant development were set back for the sake of continuing the plot, and they started taking on a shallow and childish tunnel vision perspective on events that severely hampered my investment in the read. The overabundance of new characters, creatures, villains, and plot twists was also nauseating after a certain point. Yomi herself was also borderline insufferable, and remained just as devoid of depth or nuance here as she was in the anime. Despite this, she was a much better character in the anime because the narrow scope of the adaptation worked with her petty and realistically jealous motivations, making her feel very human. In the manga, it's just one cosmic temper tantrum after another, and she never learns from any of them, and nor do any of the other characters. Because of this, the plot retreads the same old ground of "emotions", "darkness", "love" and so on over and over again without providing any meaningful insight on any of these concepts, beyond alluding to them in the hopes that they'll contribute to the dramatic proceedings of the story through mention alone. The hyperfocus on Kagura, Kensuke and Yomi near the end also relegated other characters to a disappointing lack of resolution regarding their own goals and relationships.

The manga is reasonably witty, entertaining, and littered with personality. The special chapters in particular were a delight to read. Monster designs were quite variable, and the different take on ghosts made for very gripping action sequences. First-person dives into the psyche of many of the characters contributed to the reader's synergy with their outlook on things, making it a cinch to empathise with them on many occasions. If it didn't trip up in the last third of the story with such brazenly melodramatic and redundant writing, then I wouldn't have any real issues with it.
Archean-ReturnJul 20, 2023 2:43 AM

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-rei Chapter 49 Discussion

DeadIEnd - Mar 22, 2010

10 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 20, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ga-rei Chapter 47 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Feb 26, 2010

22 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 20, 2023 1:32 AM

Poll: » Ga-rei Chapter 44 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Sep 20, 2009

19 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 20, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Ga-rei Chapter 41 Discussion

Pash - Aug 15, 2009

19 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 20, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Ga-rei Chapter 35 Discussion

Faust721 - Apr 30, 2009

17 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 20, 2023 12:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.