Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2015 5:38 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Naoki sure is a girl of conflicting emotions with her spewing out things that simply have no basis.
Apr 10, 2015 7:04 PM

Feb 2013
They tried too hard to copy Eva. Way too hard. It could have been alright if it had been more original. I wanted a bad end, and this didn't deliver.

Long story short: Aliens wanted to make babies. The end.
Mar 9, 2018 12:09 PM

Feb 2018
Wow what a giant pile of garbage.
Jul 1, 2019 5:23 PM
Dec 2012
I kinda liked it. because it was an adaptation of a game, I felt game mechanics all over the place, and I felt that it didn't covered the whole story, was kinda surprised to know that Kazumi Fujita was involved.

Tried to see how the game is, but there is so little information on it that I am saddened.

If the purpose was to get curious in the game, it was successful
May 16, 2020 6:55 PM
May 2019
This is the biggest Evangelion clone I have ever witnessed. What a travesty, honestly. Well, to be fair, it’s the most obvious rip-off I’ve ever seen.
Jun 7, 2020 4:40 PM

Jul 2016
You need to play the game to understand the whole story,idk if the game was ever translated to english
May 5, 2021 7:46 AM

Feb 2008
Wow.... That was bad. Animation quality made me think this was made in the 1980s or early 1990s. Character designs were greatly simplified from those in the game (I managed to find a blog which had an entry with the install screen shots and game screen shots). I presume that only a significaantly slimmed down version (or just a small portion) of the game's story made it across into the anime based on those screenshots.
Mar 20, 2022 4:31 AM

Jan 2020
Welp, this had the production values that I expected from an 3 part OVA anime that seems to have been solely funded by AIC. I wonder if the game that it’s based on by AIC Spirits is any good?

It’s likely that due to the failure of De:vadasy, (and other contributing factors) is why AIC heavily reduced its operations around this timeframe, until its reorganization in 2003, and after switched its focus to adaptations rather than original works. And also why the studio had sold off its AIC South Bldg. shortly after the OVA was produced as well.
May 15, 2023 7:01 PM

Jun 2011
That ending was... something. It's almost as the show is begging to be analyzed in greater detail but honestly the rape attempt was pretty jarring to look at and how the characters handled it afterwards. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » De:vadasy Episode 1 Discussion

StevenHu - Mar 26, 2015

5 by PxHC »»
Jun 15, 2023 3:23 AM

Poll: » De:vadasy Episode 2 Discussion

StevenHu - Mar 26, 2015

4 by A_Haiku_Unloose »»
Mar 7, 2018 3:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.