Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 28, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2014
Whoaaaaa finally finished watching it after several months gap (?) or it has been almost 1 year orz. But it's not disappointing at all. Definitely one of the best anime on Spring 2014. Nagate's oblivious as ever, geeeeez. But here comes 2nd season!

Solid 8/10 from me.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jan 31, 2015 2:34 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I'm going to honestly say this entire anime had 'elitist crap' written all over it, hence why I avoided it up until now

However for once, I have to willingly admit I was wrong. This was actually a fantastic anime from start to finish. Felt a bit like a crossover of Muv-Luv and Babylon 5 I think (which are both amazing as well)

Season 2 should be sick~
Feb 16, 2015 5:18 PM

Jun 2014
Breath taking, never a dull moment, 8/10

Feb 17, 2015 4:16 PM

Jul 2014
Awesome mecha anime! Just finished watching it but im still confused by what i saw after the credit roll. How is Benisuzume still alive? Or is that another clone? Or did the clone from EBD escape somehow? Or maybe i should wait for second season. No idea when it starts airing tho :(
Feb 17, 2015 10:12 PM

Oct 2014
Nevalopo said:
Awesome mecha anime! Just finished watching it but im still confused by what i saw after the credit roll. How is Benisuzume still alive? Or is that another clone? Or did the clone from EBD escape somehow? Or maybe i should wait for second season. No idea when it starts airing tho :(

Based on what I read online, it's a prominent character from the manga who is a Gauna (not Benisuzume). Second season starts airing in Japan in April 2015, and I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix picked it up and handled the localization for other territories again around July or so like with the first season.

For my opinion on the first season:
Great action, great finale. Nagate tries to mend his relationship with Kazuto and not only does he get blown off but Kazuto goes into that room where the humanoid Gauna is? I don't like where that's going haha. Can't wait for season 2! Season 1 gets an 8/10 or 8.5/10 from me. Great OP and ED, great OST and voice acting, great animation, CG, and action, good characters, and a decent plot.
Apr 26, 2015 11:49 PM

Jan 2014
a solid
8/10
for me... looking forward to the airing sequel
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

May 3, 2015 1:10 AM

May 2014
Story: 8
Charachters: 6
Animation: 7

Enjoyment: 11

I can non-exaggeratingly state that this show saved anime for me, it's been months and months since I've been able to marathon a series that wasn't moe-desu or Yuri. This is simply how Sci-Fi should be done, I'm now a part of the world so much so that not even the cringy MC or tech conveniences could stop me from enjoying every single episode immensely. It was weird, it was thrilling, it was exciting.

As many people have stated the sound effects are phenomenal, and personally that's something essential for me to enjoy any sort of action sequence. I want to hear the crunches, I want to hear the rumbles and I want to hear the impact. I doubt any of those sweeping manoeuvres would be half as apealing without the thrum of those engines.

I'm just going to start on the second season now. My only regret is that I didn't hop on the bandwagon later and have a whole second season I could marathon.

Lala best bear.
May 7, 2015 10:19 AM

Jan 2014
Well... wow! This anime took me by surprise, to be honest.

Very interesting story. They created some mystery and never let up the tension, always hold the intrigue. I'm still very curious what the gauna, kabis are. Also still want to know the truth behind immortal committee. I hope 2nd season will answer all of the questions.

It somehow reminds me SnK, but is a bit better imo, because of non-existent asspulls, at least I haven't seen any. Very Solid 9/10

P.S the OST and overall sound effects, OMG. They really put some effort into this.
and the animation, my gosh, very unique and very fluent. To be honest, I first time see that great full-CGI anime.
TapuTapuuMay 7, 2015 10:22 AM
Jun 10, 2015 1:11 PM

Jan 2015
Started this anime today, and finished it in a day, liked it a lot, but i still just cant accept that Hoshijiro died.... This is the first time i cant accept a death in anime... I saw a lot, i liked all those characters but... this one was way too dramatic... just after she started to have a relationship with Nagate, and then they kill her in such a way... NO! :(

Please someone who read the manga PM me and tell me she is alive please...
Jun 25, 2015 3:31 PM

Jul 2009
WOW What an Ending!!!!

It really does remind me of the ending in Gundam 079 :)

Man i really thought Tanikaze or Izana would be killed.

Benisuzume vs Tanikaze. I'm glad Tanikaze has finally realized she's not the real Hoshijiro and won't hold back any more. I doubt she's dead just like that.

Whenever i hear Kyoui no Kabizashi, i knew someone was going to die!! This is like the Zeta theme when someones about to die :O

Man i almost thought all of Squad Unit 1 would die, but glad they survived!!

Kunato being salty that he wasn't included in the fight nor had the glory to join them. That's what happens when an arrogant egotistical asshole tries to force his way towards the top. Glad you got what you deserve you bastard.

I'm watching the new angle versions and they added that new explosion effect's that not found on the TV version and it runs around 33 minutes compared to the usual 24 minutes length.

Also they switch back the scenes. Ren appears first before Tanikaze visits Kunato, probably more difference there.

Shame the BD's didn't have the special message announcement of S2.

I give this show 9/10. First time ever i enjoyed a CGI Anime. I'm not a fan of CGI as others also said, but man it really fits the theme and era of Knights of Sidonia.

Can't wait for S2!! Still thinking if i should watch it now or wait for S2 BD's!!!
Jul 11, 2015 11:22 PM

Dec 2012
Fuck you Sephiroth.

Aug 3, 2015 10:25 PM

Aug 2015
Amazing finale! Those battles really kept me on the edge of my seat! And Izana is okay, yay! Looking forward to season 2!

★ 5/5
Aug 11, 2015 6:46 AM

Apr 2014
sugoi sugoi sugoi desu ne !!!!!!!
going to next season now
Aug 16, 2015 4:45 AM

Jun 2014
Pinnacle of mecha genre. 1/10
Dec 31, 2015 6:37 PM
Dec 2014
Flevalt said:
This was the biggest shit I've watched in a long time.<br />
It's moe-harem and a kid's show mixed together and packed inside of a neat-looking Gundam-package.<br />
The characters just like the story are stereotypical and boring beyond measure.<br />
<br />
I'm not sure whether this was Nihei's attempt to appeal the masses in order to break through in the overly crowded Anime market or if it turns out that Nihei's works had no depth to them to begin with once he makes characters open their mouths, as his other works strongly relied on atmosphere and visuals. <br />
<br />
Or maybe I was expecting a bit too much from the author of Blame! and Biomega to be able to make an Anime out of his works. He attempted it with Blame! before but couldn't finish it. <br />
It seems to have worked out for him this time, but oh boy, what a degenerated show made to appeal only through the lowest of the low.<br />
It did not surprise me in the least that it became so popular among the shallow audience who's biggest concern seem to be things like CGI and female characters dying.<br />
<br />
Best of luck to Nihei in his attempt to milk out those tasteless drones. They undoubtedly deserve it.

Holy shit and I thought I was an elitist asshole ;) kudos to you my friend, you have my respect.

OT: RIP alien bitch Red Comet I'll miss your cute giggle.
May 10, 2016 9:47 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, the implosion looked beautiful.
This episode was amazing, the teamwork and the scene where the seven supposed lost members died coming back was a joy to behold.

I guess Gauna Hosjishiro died when that Gauna mech died aswell, as it was part of it's original gauna mass.

I wasn't sure about this show going into it, felt kind of slow and bland really but the more episodes in, the more excited I got and I wasnt really sure about the animation (CGI) style but it kinda worked surprisingly.

I'm really excited for season 2 and will watch it right after, especially knowing there's so many unanswered questions and I'm sure a lot of story to tell.

Easy and solid 9/10
Aug 3, 2016 10:46 AM

Apr 2009
I can't believe Sword Art Online is rated higher than this show.

9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2016 2:29 PM

Nov 2012
Very cool anime. I wasn't sure how much I'd like this one. I watched the first episode when it aired and dropped it because I didn't think much would come of it. Gave it another try semi-recently (in English dub this time) and I'm glad we decided to watch it.

Loved the story. It was told in a way that was pretty easy for the audience to understand and most of the action scenes looked amazing. OP and ED fit pretty nicely. I was very unconvinced after an episode or two how Johnny Yong Bosch would do, but I was very happy with him by the end. There were a few art-clipping hiccups but I'm pretty forgiving on them when the art style is full CG. After watching Ars Nova, I'm pretty comfortable with it.

Very much looking forward to the second season.

8/10
Nov 30, 2016 1:40 AM

May 2016
As usual, the sounds were gorgeous and the fights are tense~ Kobayashi definitely felt the tension :3 That deep breath and silent sigh of relief gave it away.

The battle has been decided~ Nagate destroyed that mass-murdering alien death puppet with a unnervingly sultry laugh with a fistful of boomstick! It was a very emotional moment to see the remaining team survive that Planet Gauna implosion :')

He finally made up with Sephiroth. It takes real guts to do that and I'm proud of him.

I'll definitely miss the unconventional Tanikaze harem... 9 5-year old twins, a jealous 3rd gender, a spunky executive officer, a couple hundred year old veteran hottie, a gauna cutie that took form of his love interest and many more.

A tragic ending for Nagate... Gaunajiro must've disintegrated along with Benisuzume and "her" mech since they were the last remaining parts of that specific gauna. All the progress they've made together will hopefully not get deleted completely ~_~

I'm definitely gonna watch season 2 soon! I need to know which Hoshijiro was in that ornate Gauna armor. She called him Tanikaze and I had an ominous feeling... 9 for me~

Mar 11, 2017 4:49 PM
Apr 2014
This series is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The animation and the sound are very good.

How the show was only rated 7.8 is beyond me.

The scenes when they were infiltrating the Gauna core reminded me a lot of the ending for Return of the Jedi.
Apr 16, 2017 11:35 AM
May 2012
awesome series, my hope in anime is slighty restored. 9/10
Oct 17, 2017 10:44 AM

Nov 2016
This had some nice action scenes but nothing mindblowing and the characters were rather generic. 6/10
Oct 19, 2017 7:07 PM

Oct 2015
This series was not bad in fact it brought it for me especially with the action, it was beyond good. The speech he gave to Kunato for him to comeback and not quit was great but he should've not done it, that guy was a jerk and should be left alone. I hope season 2 will bring it like season 1, because Nagate still does not know he is being used by Kobayashi and the council. So 7/10 for keeping me entertained.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 3, 2018 3:23 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
These last episodes were amazing!
I had alot of doubts and uncertainty at the beggining, mostly due to the CG, but also the cast seeming weak... it feels like the CG improved quite alot and the cast sure got a bit more likeable through the middle, but not only that, they were able to keep alot of the tension and promising atmosphere going!

It sucks they had to kill best girl... and what happened to Hoshijiro clone?!
Her death was a bit less painfull with that (twisted) remaint behind.

Anyways, how the last few missions played, things getting more and more dire, towards the big conclusion with that score bumping, this looked like a great movie conclusion.
EPIC, and salute to everyone on doing what was needed to achieve mission complete.

Jul 20, 2019 12:35 PM
Jun 2017
Damn! That attack should be included in the top ten in your face attacks. Love the series, the atmosphere, the battles, the CGI, the characters, everything about it. Nagate forgiving Kunato was a bit generic anime hero for me but considering he was raised by a noble hero type in isolation and is pretty simple-minded I think it's well within his character. Also, it looks like Kunato does regret the consequences of his actions even if he might still be a d*** the next season.
Oct 8, 2022 4:19 PM
Jan 2017
The battle in the Gauna asteroid concludes in a suitably explosive fashion. Nagate pushes himself to his limits to defeat the Crimson Hawkmoth while the rest of the Sidonian soldiers do their best to complete their mission. Just like every self-respecting war story, victory is achieved through great sacrifices and our heroes must live with the consequences of their actions.
Oct 31, 2023 2:17 PM

Dec 2022
Intense and nail-biting action there in destroying that behemothic Gauma. Only question is what happened to Placenta Hoshijiro.

This is a pretty cool anime. The plot and action were expertly conceived, and even more impressively delivered. Even the soundtrack was an exceptional listen. What lets it down a bit is the slog of a first half and somewhat dull characters who felt like they were just along for the ride, but the anime's pros make up for it.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 21, 2023 5:12 AM
Dec 2023
even though this anime was using cgi, i think the plot is awesome, i love sci fi animes like this
Apr 26, 5:14 AM
Apr 2022
Battlestar Galactica feelings <3
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

135 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

117 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

163 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 11:27 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

266 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 10:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.