Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 9, 2010 10:41 AM

Dec 2008
Awesome~ness! This one was much better than memories of nobody.

I gave it a 8/10.

May 20, 2010 4:14 AM

Oct 2008
Kenpachi is awesome like always. :3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 4, 2010 1:06 PM

Aug 2008
Meh. Nothing more than fanservice. I had the most fun seeing Kisuke whip out Benihime for some combat, but the movie was mostly boring for me.
Jul 9, 2010 6:12 AM

Dec 2009
meh , it was ok ... 6/10
Jul 19, 2010 3:45 PM

Mar 2009
Easily the worst movie of the three. I didn't care for Rukia's long lost friends at all. On top of that, the whole movie felt rushed and the final battle was pretty much recycled from the DiamondDust Rebellion. I swear, Kenpachi has basically the same entrance in every movie.

A few good things: the close up of Yoruichi's ass. And the fight between Ichigo and Rukia was decent enough.

Also, Kubo needs to seek help for his memory fetish.
Aug 3, 2010 10:40 AM

Dec 2008
the only good thing about this movie was the animation
Aug 22, 2010 6:18 PM

May 2010
One of my favorite movies ever, the fight scenes were epic, and the animation was surprisingly great. Urahara owned with Beniheme and Kenpachi was epic. And I almost cried at the end 10/10 :D
Sep 5, 2010 7:48 AM

Jan 2010
Traveller said:
it was not bad. Not as good as Diamond Dust Rebellion though.

Zaraki's resurrection was epic! and lol @ Kon, They totally forgot about him.

I forgot that Kon was there too.. Lol xD
Oct 28, 2010 2:53 PM

Jul 2010
Byakuya and Hisana were so beautiful *_*
Dec 5, 2010 6:30 PM
Sep 2009
Rukia<3
Dec 24, 2010 9:02 AM

Aug 2009
Nice movie.
It was straight to the point.
I like Kon here. xD

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jan 15, 2011 8:33 AM

Nov 2008
It started out well, I must admit that I was really into it at the beginning. But it turned out so cheezy and contrived in the second half.
I liked the idea of a chain reaction induced by Rukia's memories' lost but this would have gained to be more develloped because it left so many questions in the end of the day. Heck, I was glad that the two main villains were from the Rukongai, I was expecting some devellopment about it and Rukia, but the flashbacks part was so bland and disappointing, and their reason to destrou Seireitei so lame, period.
Plus the fights in the supposed "big finale" were even lamer and pointless than in the two others movies.
Jan 23, 2011 4:25 AM

Aug 2009
I finally got around to watching this and the verdict is that it was an OK movie, slightly better than its predecessors.
As others have stated, it has a plethora of inconsistencies, both plot-wise and animation-wise. I disliked the elongated faces and strange looking eyes that some characters had, it made them look somewhat 'non-Bleach like'. What also annoyed me was the constant variation of characters' height.
Example:

Damn it, Soi Fon, you've grown quite a bit over such a short time span.

The honour of the most annoying part goes to Ichigo in replay mode: Rukia, it's me, ichigo, remember, Rukia, it's you, think, Rukia, do you still not remember, snap out of it Rukia.
All in all, it was a fine movie, nothing to write home about, but it delivers an hour an a half of enjoyable (albeit forgettable) fun and that is basically what bleach is about.

7/10 from me

P.S. LOL (and smirk) at the Yoruichi x Soifon moment, that was a pure fanservice, not that I'm complaining though.
Feb 9, 2011 3:43 PM

Jan 2010
Who cares, this never happened.
Feb 11, 2011 8:41 PM

Aug 2007
It was fucking terrible.
Aug 13, 2011 8:18 PM

Oct 2010
This had a lot of holes in the ending... What ever happened to Mayuri? Were their memories returned? ... Needs more.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Dec 19, 2011 6:03 PM
Apr 2010
Nikoru-san said:
This had a lot of holes in the ending... What ever happened to Mayuri? Were their memories returned? ... Needs more.

lol who cares about that crazy captain >.<,but yeah he got his memory back long before everyone else.Did you not see the part where Urahara found his "backup brain"..lol.He probably just didn't care what happened next...he's known for that >.>
After Dark Rukia was defeated they split and she got her memories back,it's only right to assume everyone got theirs back aswell.It didn't need to go on anymore and get more -_- was an o.k movie,although #2 was better.
Aug 20, 2012 4:06 PM

Feb 2011
It was a lot better than the first movie . I wonder when Movie 5 will come out and if it's gonna be one :O
Nov 11, 2012 2:15 PM

Aug 2010
TBH, this film was much worse than the first two. It totally bored me, and aside from the action scenes, the animation never stood out. Most of the captain didn't actually do much, and the villains were sooooo lame, some of the worst villains I have ever seen in a Shonen Jump film, and that is saying something.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 17, 2013 11:33 PM

Sep 2009
First one had a decent plot, with a really interesting movie protagonist.
Second one had some really kickass fights.

This one?
....Fuck, I dunno.
Mar 12, 2013 7:21 AM

Apr 2010
I like the movie, even though it might seem kinda boring in some moments. My favourite scene was that one with Byakuya and Hisana. ♥
Mar 17, 2013 12:32 PM

Nov 2012
Better than the DiamondDust Rebellion but not as good as Memories Of Nobody.
Nov 7, 2013 12:35 PM

May 2012
A pretty sweet movie again, the concept and execution were pretty lovely and especially the ending was interesting! Lets see what the last movie has to offer!
Mar 21, 2014 5:35 PM

Oct 2013
6/10 from me.

Apr 23, 2014 8:21 AM

Jan 2014
A little boring,but not bad at all :)

7/10
May 14, 2014 10:04 AM
Aug 2012
Comparing to the The Diamond Dust Rebellion it wasn't that strong, weaker plot, charas except for cool-looking Urahara-san as taichou, damn he suits this position perfectly and I've seen his attack that I haven't seen before! well can't deny that fact that I simply not Rukia-worshipper...may be it was the main reason why it wasn't that exciting movie for me
Jul 17, 2014 9:15 AM

Sep 2013
It was pretty good, Not as good as the first or second film but still pretty enjoyable.
Feb 10, 2015 7:17 AM

Dec 2013
Good movie providing both action and feelz unlike Hell Chapter. Watched it for the 3rd time now - still great.
Awesome OST and fight scenes. The premise was also good. The downsides for were: this anti-climatic bigass monster and animation was unfluid sometimes.

Valentiln said:
llamaben said:
Not too bad, but not as good as the other 2 bleach movies... This one got a little boring at times.

No offence but how can u deduce that with the first movie still existing and is noted to be one of the worst....

the first movie was actually the best
AizixFeb 12, 2015 12:08 PM
Jun 9, 2015 1:09 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Anyone bothered by the fact that in almost every Bleach movie, Soul Society always gets rekt despite the fact that they have top notch captains and that it's always Ichigo that comes to the rescue? He's a substitute shinigami for crying out loud! Would be nice to see the squads actually cooperating with each other and the Commander not making the wrong conclusions all the time.

The female antagonist was annoying because she kept crying and saying that she hated Shinigami for almost the entire movie. It wasn't until the very end when we find out about her past. I was pretty much like "Oh. Okay". Then the movie ended,lol.

The movie gets a 6/10 from me. I'm hoping the 4th movie will be a more decent one than this.
Jul 26, 2015 9:06 AM

Dec 2013
that ichiruki hug just killed me *__*
i give it 4,5/5 but i can't so let it 5/5
Dec 19, 2015 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
Really awesome movie!

So Rukia's friend who had no names (like Kenny and the pink haired girl) just wanted her to give them their names lol. Plus to be with her forever and had some crazy hollow bug in them, gross.

When do they ever have time to rebuild the Soul Society? It gets completed destroyed so often.
Jul 25, 2016 5:02 AM

Oct 2015
only ichigo was able to remember rukia, this proves that rukia and ichigo have a very strong bond.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 20, 2016 4:14 AM

Feb 2008
Basically the entire movie's plot could have been avoided if they talked to Rukia lol. At least it wasn't dumb like the previous movie, but it's still pretty dumb plot.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 22, 2016 4:40 PM
Mar 2016
love this movie. and ichigo + hisagi fighting for like two seconds was hot af
Jun 25, 2017 9:09 AM

Jun 2015
I love Zaraki. He is the best.

How are we gonna get in there? wait what's that? oh it's just Zaraki coming back from the dead to fight. Better use the chance.

The red thread of fate tying Rukia and Ichigo, what should I say, got burned down by the end of the manga?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 2, 2017 8:00 AM

Apr 2009
-much in difference to the previous 2 movies, this one is showing LOTS of promise, and i'm only 5 minutes in ;w;!!!

Hisagi .w. !

Hanatarou 8D!

awh, poor Byakuya, he doesn't know what he's searching for -w-

....does he have backups for his brain _xD?!

of course he'd re-...oh, i thought it was Kenpachi -.w-.'

-i kinda liked the guy more, and woah; Fushion-

"what's this incredibly hard thing?" -Ken-chan 8D!!

unfh- that soundtrack during "Rukia" vs. Ichigo .w.

ohh... nice ending song ;w;
well, most definitively better than the previous two movies, it's like in a class of it's own when compared to those two, and now then- considering the movies only seem to get better for each one, maybe the 4th one will be really good -w-...?

but yeah, the plot of the movie had mostly happened at least twice already in the anime at this point (all episodes), so unfortunately didn't feel too completely original. -still, pretty darn good movie.
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Dec 8, 2019 3:18 PM

Nov 2019
Pretty amazing bleach movie and is my second favorite
9/10
Apr 19, 2020 7:14 PM
Sep 2015
This movie was in no way bad at all, really decent story and class visuals.
I didn't really like how the route of Ichigo is initially the bad guy that was taken, I feel like it's milked in Bleach especially in filler (e.g - Amagai arc) but canonically this concept is used well and definitely has its place but when it comes to filler and other non canon content like this movie it seems a tiny bit overused

Was disappointed Ichigo used his hollow mask that much although he didn't really get into any serious combat with any characters as they were all allies and not true enemies, including that he had to hold back against that asspull fusion potaro evil rukia at the end.

One thing I noticed and appreciated was that the main antagonist(s) wasn't a big bad boss that Ichigo had to eventually overpower. It was more of an emotional battle although I do prefer that huge kick ass brawl style 'fights' this was definitely a nice and needed change for Bleach movies.

I'm personally not massive for Rukia, don't dislike her as a character just never really was that interested in her character and her fights, not to neglect the fact the she's essentially the backbone of the entire bleach story as she gave Ichigo her powers (on that note: it was great to see Ichigo return the favour to save her).
Felt like sharing a few thoughts on this - anyone else feel similar?
Side note: i've never wrote anything like this before so I can understand if anything I've said is disagreed with but each to their own.
MaxMLApr 19, 2020 7:29 PM
Oct 17, 2020 3:36 PM

Jan 2016
Large portion of this movie is like Soul Society arc retold in different settings.
Mar 6, 2021 10:51 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Another movie another disappointment.
Feb 24, 2022 9:26 AM

Apr 2021
Best Movie Yet!!!

I gotta say, I was really hyped to watch this movie ever since I read the plot. The very idea about everyone forgetting Rukia and Ichigo is a really good storyline imo. Before starting this, I was just picturing Ichigo fighting everyone he knew once again.....In a way I was kinda disappointed that not many fought with Ichigo, but hey I was really entertained by watching this movie and enjoyed it from scratch to finish!!!
May 12, 2022 8:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, the premise and animation were spot on but the execution of the plot felt convoluted by the end. Also, the fact that the two siblings were unlikable didn't help its cause. On the flip side, the extra focus on Byakuya x Hisana and the transition of the movie in the first half in addition to the two factors mentioned earlier was nice.

Honestly, a part of me felt like this movie was ultimately going for the mashup of the previous two movies. Here's to hoping Hell Verse will steer clear from that.

6/10 from my side. Out of the three, I would've to say this is likely the worst.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 26, 2022 2:14 PM

Nov 2010
The villains were interesting. They weren't evil, they just thought that Shinigami are evil for killing them and separating them from Rukia. The siblings were never aware that a parasitic hollow was the culprit.

The final battle could've been better. I wish Ichigo used more of his power, but I guess he can't go all out against Rukia. At least it didn't feel like filler for me. 8/10
Jun 18, 2022 8:01 AM
Oct 2019
Bleach Movie 3: Fade to Black!
I really enjoyed this just like Memories of Nobody.
Plot was was pretty simple but also interesting enough.
Two antagonist motivation was understandable, quite emotional story.

As always we got our Fanservice: Kenpachi going berserk!

Didn't expect to hear Kamiya Hiroshi and Aya Hirano in Bleach.
Also there are no Orihime, Uryu and Chad.
That was unexpected.

Overall solid good Bleach Movie!
7/10
davidyodo24Jun 18, 2022 8:44 AM
Aug 27, 2022 5:48 PM
Mar 2022
Didn't really feel the movie back in the days when it released new, however after re watching it 80 years later, its kinda dope not gonna lie and with thousand year blood war coming soon this was a nice refresher on the series as I am looking forward to the new arc.
Dec 27, 2022 6:17 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Mayuri going CRAZY, smash smash the lab KONJIKI ASHISOGI JIZO? Urahara steps in, wearing Mayuri's Captain coat? Everyone lost it? it's me Ichigo?! Ichigo's kindest smile, the bonds with Rukia, still friends with everyone? Byakuya the FIRST to believe Ichigo? Renji SNAPS out of it with his strong soul? 10/10
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 14, 2023 9:20 PM

Aug 2016
I really loved the animation and the soundtrack in this.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Are you guys going to re-watch this movie and cheerish ichiruki moment?

R_TF - Aug 24, 2016

2 by connier10011 »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:07 AM

» Please Delete This

KidRyan - Oct 3, 2009

8 by lixiuyue »»
Feb 8, 2023 1:05 PM

» Bleach Movie 3 ( 1 2 )

night-hawk01 - Jul 3, 2008

99 by Kyomu9 »»
May 14, 2011 5:10 AM

» That was one giant cumshot

llxwarbirdxll - Oct 4, 2009

8 by Becloud »»
Sep 20, 2010 10:41 AM

» Bleach Fade to Black...... Seriously??? (waiting for subs)

cleofriskey - Sep 26, 2009

30 by LumenAurion »»
Oct 6, 2009 11:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.