Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 7:38 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at around 00:15 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeMar 22, 8:18 AM
Mar 22, 8:18 AM

May 2020
You know this was a special bunch when even Serie ended up passing fifty percent of the original count without them doing anything out of ordinary, lol. I mean Denken and Wirbel were one thing, but the segment with Ubel and Land, and that one lady with big booba had me rolling.

Though that being said, this first class mage exam took the whole of the second cour, introduced a bunch of new characters, and gave the best possible conclusion we could've asked for. After all, we did get characters like Denken, Wirbel and Ubel out of it. The characters who may seem as uninterested as someone could be for fame, except maybe Denken, for reasons known through his backstory, but yeah still wanted this title more than anyone.

So yeah, it ain't just main characters having an in-depth personality and getting characterization, our secondary characters too get that thing. Now, Frieren might not have gotten the entry and had this one thousand year ban placed on her, lol, but she could see that one magic spell she would have always wanted.. the one Fern got as a special privilege. So, that's plenty for her lol.

Series was a journey from the start till the end, in a literal sense lol, but was a journey of all highs at that. Madhouse poured their heart out with this one, and it showed. They might have animated countless classics already, in pretty much every genre out there, but this will have a special place even in that league.

Fridays won't be the same from next week. Will miss this dearly.

Dec 2021
Lol, only letting the crazy ones through, except for our cute Fern, of course.

Serie talks to the remaining candidates and approves Denken, Übel, Land, Wirbel, and Methode. Later, the examinees gather outside the Continental Magic Association, either celebrating or feeling down. Denken expresses gratitude to Frieren for her assistance, as now he can visit his wife's grave in his hometown. The third stage of the First-Class Mage Exam ends. After the exam, many examinees stay in Äußerst to get ready for their next steps.

Happy to see Denken go, I wonder if he imagined himself throwing punches while fighting Serie. The tests ended well, giving us a good look at Serie's rules. Denken acts like a grandpa with kids he just met, but there's a sad reason behind it. It's interesting to see more of Wirbel's thoughts. Turns out Ubel is more dangerous than we thought, even though he talks about killing philosophically. But he does have a heroic side. It's cool to see how many people Frieren and the Hero Party have influenced. Himmel's best achievement is making a world that doesn't need him. His idea about not saying goodbye because paths will cross again is relatable, even in everyday awkward moments. These past six months have been a journey. I'll miss those three lovable idiots.

Our journey may be over, but for Frieren and her party, the journeys beyond end.

The journey doesn't have to end here though; you can continue it from Volume 7, Chapter 61 if you wish.

Madhouse always tells amazing stories. This show can make you think about your life and how to cherish every moment. Thank you for making this one so beautiful on screen.

The journey to the end continues...

Sep 2016
3rd exam was fantastic, Übel and Methode were hilarious, Land and Wirbel were epic, Denken was on fire but still humble as always.
Lernen wanting to kill Frieren so that he will be remembered was kinda awkward, but otherwise it was the tranquil final that I was hoping for.
Madhouse really went mad with this show, exceeded most expectations and kept up an all around top-notch quality until the very end.

Gonna wait so hard for the sequel.

ZarutakuApr 1, 3:38 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.

Mar 2016
Finally the last episode of Souso no Frieren...

My man Denken always making me like him more and more with every appearance. For Serie to know a lot about you, you either had her attention because of a memorable encounter or that your reputation is just that vast. Self-made mage from a military family who is now the most influental imperial mage in the Northen Land, even despite his old age his ambition still burn brightly. Now I want to see Denken duke it out with Serie, even if he is guaranteed to lose, he's not one to go down wihout a fight.

If Serie judges a mage by their ambition and ideals, then Übel need not speak a single word lol, she passed just like that huh. Land passed because of his guts to not even step a foot on the exam, bro is chilling back home with a cup of tea whilst controlling his clone to the point that nobody but Serie suspected it. This is why clone magic or any sort of clone ability is so damn conventient IRL. That also explains why Übel desires it so much. Imagine at least 5 of her clones running amok all across the continent, damn.

Fantastic show bruh, it's been a while since I saw Madhouse cooking up such a banger seasonal series, and two cours at that as well! The animation and visuals is just what I'd expect and desired out of Madhouse. The OSTs as well were wonderful, would've been a shame if it weren't considering the numerous emotional scenes that this season gone through.
I'm not sure at which chapter this season ended on but I don't see Season 2 being announced immediately though that'd be great. Even though we've seen much of Frieren's journey, I still feel that we haven't really 'seen' it all. We're just getting started. After all, the main reason why they took this first class mage exam in the first place is to be able to travel in the Northen land with little to no restriction.

There are many more demons to slay, Frieren... Go ahead and go on your pilgrimage to reminisce your past adventure with Himmel's party while you commit 💀genocide💀 upon the demonic race with the next geat mage and great warrior, Fern + Stark.

Nov 2011
Man, this was such a journey. Frieren passed the exam but I believe her journey of self discoery is far from over. This felt lke a beginninng of a new journey for her.

At the same time, I'm so proud how much she's learned including this episode and the connection she's built with her companions. The finale had a melacholic feeling that fits well within the themes of this show. 9/10, easily the best fantasy anime I've watched in a long time.

"Journey continues" but season 2 not confirmed

https://twitter.com/FRIEREN_PR/status/1771193332120629372

Apr 2021
I guess this is it, Frieren Fridays have finally come to an end. This was a great show imo. I enjoyed every bit of it. Madhouse did an incredible job in making the anime. Loved the visuals, OSTs, and everything else about the series. I'm definitely gonna be reading the manga now!!!

Hoping for a season 2!!!

Jul 2017
Serie's testing antics continue with Denken, and aside from her wanting to meet him for the longest time, he doesn't want to fight against her, and she gives him the pass. Likewise with Ubel, Land (whom uses his visions right from the comfort of his own home), Wirbel, and Methode on their own volitions, which leads to the abundant harvest of candidates from this exam.

The selection is over, and Stark is once again with Fern, though a coincidence with both Denken and Laufen over sweets, Stark is even more feared over his Imperial Mage title, which he doesn't swing by anymore, much less the need to have children after his wife passed away in his mid-20s, which was insutling since the special privilege had just been ordered by Serie just the period within. Still, Denken too was influenced by and admired on Frieren into becoming a mage, which sets his trajectory right to where he is now.

Frieren with her stack of grimoires while Wirbel helps an elderly woman with her fruits, the latter too is influenced that with more powerful magic, he can defeat demons effectively. Even his own village has endless stories about Himmel, which they would tell the young him days on end which he finds it boring, but it's only until the arrival of the Demon King and the demons that rampaged their village, that he finally gets a clear picture. Even Wirbel advises Frieren to treasure the people, regardless of death. In the words of Himmel, seemingly insignificant trivial assistance is still a way of his gesture that he can protect people, even with the least of his servings.

Frieren, having offended Serie, she is barred entry into the Continental Magic Association for 1000 years, and Fern is only given entry to be prized with the special privileges of being a first-class mage, while Stark accompanies her waiting outside. Lernen coming to seek Frieren, and knowing of his same mana instability that Serie has once told him off with, they both would've made their mark if born during the Demon King's time. Lernen's duel with Frieren seems purposeless, and Serie even at worst for deeming Flamme a failure by her standards, even with talent unfathomable as she struggles to tell her students what she is really on her mind.

Still, Fern's privilege conferment is done, and the trio's departure from AuBerst is once again, a journey's end and another journey's start. Stark's popularity with the city folks, as well as both Kanne and Lawine's farewell till another 3 years pass for the next first-class mage exam.

The reunion with people...it's not just a farewell, but of remembrance.

Frieren's a Modern-day Masterclass Masterpiece, no words to be said. The Journey to Ende Continues...
KANLen09Mar 22, 12:00 PM
Mar 22, 8:19 AM

Jun 2019
The rank #1 show on MAL. Usually, I might have something to say about that but this was just something special to me. I didn't think a fantasy anime following an adorable elf would give me such feelings. Every single character that she encountered had some type of impact on the story. It was so beautiful to see. I couldn't hate a single character in this show. Even the bad guys were so lovable. The last ep. was just as amazing as the rest of the season. I can't complain about anything in this show.

And, what an incredible adaptation it has been from Madhouse and Keichiro Saito, we are witnessing probably one of the best new directors in the making. I'm going to watch every show you direct. And, how can I forget Mr. Fukushi, I don't think you'll ever miss. Managing a 28-episode show in this shamble of an anime industry is no joke. Hats off to you and your team at Madhouse. A huge shoutout to Evan Call as well. His music made this show 100x more impactful than it should've been. Thank you to everyone who was involved in this beautiful project. I will miss it so much.
Mar 22, 8:22 AM

Jun 2021
Last Frieren friday :(

As expected this episode is perfect final episode for not only this arc but the season as a whole. One thing I like the most about this arc or the series as a whole is the characters. Every character got their time to shine. Everyone has a character they like the most in this arc and I'm pretty sure Land definitely wasn't one of them but he really dropped the biggest surprise of the arc even character like Serie was surprise that someone really did that.

Himmel proving again why he is the true hero and one of the best character in the series. The flashback with Himmel are always sweet and inspiring.

I'm really gonna miss this anime so much. This is easily one of the most beautiful anime I have ever seen. I remember reading the first few chapters of the manga 3 years ago and getting emotional because how beautifully written everything was but I never expected it to get this level of adaption. I really hope season 2 also get the same level of adaption.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

Mar 22, 8:24 AM

Mar 2023
The exam is over and so is season 1. Other mages also passed, but most importantly Denken passed. Land enjoyed his tea. Now the journey will continue, hope they announce season 2 soon, there's a panel tomorrow.

This was a fantastic season and I will really miss watching it every Friday. Thank you to everybody who worked on this.
watsymMar 22, 8:43 AM
Mar 22, 8:28 AM
Jul 2010

Some people didn't just like Frieren – Frieren became a revelation for them. People can't believe that anime fantasy can be more complicated than the primitive lowbrow trash aka most of anime releasing in every season recently.
On the Internet, I found the following response to the criticism of the title: "Yes, you should be happy – for once, it's not isekai, but ordinary fantasy got popular!"

But on closer inspection, the Frieren is not that much different from the typical isekai. If you put aside the tropes of truck-kun and reincarnation, then the elements familiar to the genre catch your eye: DnD aesthetics with dungeons and groups of adventurers; a super-strong protagonist who does not face much resistance; even a magic exam arc reminds mushoku tensei with its school arc.

Fans of Frieren like to focus on prologue, calling it a unique find. But, in my opinion, lately it has been more difficult to find a fantasy show in which the protagonist fights the demon king in the old-fashioned way, rather than plots in the spirit of: "I was kicked out of the squad, and I became a farmer / handyman / crypto investor." This is, of course, a separate trope that has nothing to do with Frieren, but the general trend is obvious.
If the story had come to an end at prologue, it would have turned out to be a good melodramatic short film/oneshot, reminiscent of Jun Maeda and Mari Okada's tearjerkers – seriously, watch Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou and you will find a lot in common.

Unfortunately, leaving on time is a whole art, and it is subject to few.

Over the next 20+ episodes, the series will remember less and less that it is actually a parable about the transience of time. The apotheosis of this dementia was the current arc of the exam, which focused on the standard senen narrative with lengthy dialogues about the abilities of the enemy.

After the end of the prologue, the series balanced for some time between a meditative road movie and a full-fledged action, but the last arc ate up so much precious time that parity was finally broken. And the situation is made worse by the fact that Kanehito Yamada does not know how to write action stories.

Let's take episode 10 as an example.
At the very beginning, Fern tells the defeated demon that in order to defeat Aura with the Guillotine, Frieren will hide her mana from Aura. Then there is a flashback in the length of an entire episode (ahem-ahem), in which a little Frieren learns from the sorceress Flamme. For this flashback, apart from the details of the lore, we are told exactly the same thing: to kill a demon, it is enough to deceive it without showing the true amount of mana. After the flashback, a denouement occurs, and Frieren finally deals with the demoness. Guess how? By hiding mana from the Guillotine! And nothing else – no complication of the situation.

Do you feel what I'm getting at? One plot bit for the whole series (the bit in the script is the kind of information that moves the story, changes the state of things, etc.) – 20 minutes of timing to convey the same thing in different ways!

Someone will definitely decide that the film adaptation is to blame – they say, the damn animators are dragging their feet again. But the slow pace is the least of the problems of this passage. Any first–year student of the screenwriting department will tell you that the basic principle of the screenplay is a constant roller coaster: if the hero succeeds, then in a minute he should already be on the brink of death.

Throughout the entire fragment, Yamada did not bother to create even the slightest illusion that Frieren might lose. This is trivial storytelling and it's just boring. What is the final goal of this scene? To show how cool our autistic elf is. And this is, I'm sorry, the Solo leveling level.

Half of the running time of episode 25 is occupied by the monotonous conversation of the characters (just compare it the episode of the Dungeon meshi, where each dialogue develops a conflict between the characters), at the end of which Fern clearly demonstrates that she is able to surpass Freeran. The examinees have a simple plan: Frieren distracts, Fern kills, the others stand aside. Creativity, of course, is just like that. An amazing animated battle begins between big-eared and her clone, which is interrupted by another flashback.

Yamada doesn't seem to fully grasp the function of flashbacks. Her flashbacks are informative, but they absolutely do not recontextualize what is happening in the present tense, do not give a new dimension. In other words, the flashback should introduce a new variable into the equation, but the screenwriter continues to scribble notes in the margins.

If the difference between a Dungeon and a Frieren is still not clear to everyone, then let me explain it. Good screenwriting is like guessing riddles. The writer creates a situation that should cause the following reaction: how will the hero get out of this? How will he achieve his goal?

And it wouldn't be such a problem if the battles were just a nice bonus to the main narrative. But no – the further you go, the more action you get.

Yamada does a decent job in the genre of melodrama and abstract philosophical parable. Yamada has interesting thoughts – many have noticed a fresh look at demons as (non)thinking beings. It is also worth noting the chemistry between the main three, although often the interactions of the characters are reduced to simple jokes.

But in all that is beyond the above, Yamada simply lacks writing skills. There are not enough vivid images (compensated by the film adaptation), specific details, and interesting situations. It seems that mangaka just can't think through intense battle scenes.

The heterogeneity of the quality of measured and action-oriented arches is tempting to descend to speculation: you might think that the author wants to write one story – a simple and meditative everyday life, like an Aria, and the editors pull action and HYPE from the poor guy. But the imagination deliberately paints a black-and-white picture of the world with an oppressed creator and greedy merchants, whereas in reality the creator himself may suffer from internal censorship and fear of losing an audience.

Yamada's "carelessness" as a writer manifests itself in other aspects. Despite the abundance of false inserts, information about the world remains fragmented and does not add up to a complete picture. Even the titanic efforts of the background artists do not help: the world of Freerun has remained a DnD decoration for me.

Japan has absorbed the aesthetics of DnD mainly through games in the MMO RPG genre. That's why all the plots in this setting turn out to be monotonous, like daily quests, and the characters are one-dimensional, like NPCs

Frieren is the Mona Lisa of anime world that the weebs deserve: forgetful, awkward, with obvious signs of autism and an ass sticking out of a mimic chest... And for some reason they drew a manga and an animated series about her, although they could have limited themselves to a twitter art posts about her.
Mar 22, 8:29 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to qwaker

Some people didn't just like Frieren – Frieren became a revelation for them. People can't believe that anime fantasy can be more complicated than the primitive lowbrow trash aka most of anime releasing in every season recently.
On the Internet, I found the following response to the criticism of the title: "Yes, you should be happy – for once, it's not isekai, but ordinary fantasy got popular!"

But on closer inspection, the Frieren is not that much different from the typical isekai. If you put aside the tropes of truck-kun and reincarnation, then the elements familiar to the genre catch your eye: DnD aesthetics with dungeons and groups of adventurers; a super-strong protagonist who does not face much resistance; even a magic exam arc reminds mushoku tensei with its school arc.

Fans of Frieren like to focus on prologue, calling it a unique find. But, in my opinion, lately it has been more difficult to find a fantasy show in which the protagonist fights the demon king in the old-fashioned way, rather than plots in the spirit of: "I was kicked out of the squad, and I became a farmer / handyman / crypto investor." This is, of course, a separate trope that has nothing to do with Frieren, but the general trend is obvious.
If the story had come to an end at prologue, it would have turned out to be a good melodramatic short film/oneshot, reminiscent of Jun Maeda and Mari Okada's tearjerkers – seriously, watch Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou and you will find a lot in common.

Over the next 20+ episodes, the series will remember less and less that it is actually a parable about the transience of time. The apotheosis of this dementia was the current arc of the exam, which focused on the standard senen narrative with lengthy dialogues about the abilities of the enemy.

After the end of the prologue, the series balanced for some time between a meditative road movie and a full-fledged action, but the last arc ate up so much precious time that parity was finally broken. And the situation is made worse by the fact that Kanehito Yamada does not know how to write action stories.

At the very beginning, Fern tells the defeated demon that in order to defeat Aura with the Guillotine, Frieren will hide her mana from Aura. Then there is a flashback in the length of an entire episode (ahem-ahem), in which a little Frieren learns from the sorceress Flamme. For this flashback, apart from the details of the lore, we are told exactly the same thing: to kill a demon, it is enough to deceive it without showing the true amount of mana. After the flashback, a denouement occurs, and Frieren finally deals with the demoness. Guess how? By hiding mana from the Guillotine! And nothing else – no complication of the situation.

Do you feel what I'm getting at? One plot bit for the whole series (the bit in the script is the kind of information that moves the story, changes the state of things, etc.) – 20 minutes of timing to convey the same thing in different ways!

Someone will definitely decide that the film adaptation is to blame – they say, the damn animators are dragging their feet again. But the slow pace is the least of the problems of this passage. Any first–year student of the screenwriting department will tell you that the basic principle of the screenplay is a constant roller coaster: if the hero succeeds, then in a minute he should already be on the brink of death.

Throughout the entire fragment, Yamada did not bother to create even the slightest illusion that Frieren might lose. This is trivial storytelling and it's just boring. What is the final goal of this scene? To show how cool our autistic elf is. And this is, I'm sorry, the Solo leveling level.

Half of the running time of episode 25 is occupied by the monotonous conversation of the characters (just compare it the episode of the Dungeon meshi, where each dialogue develops a conflict between the characters), at the end of which Fern clearly demonstrates that she is able to surpass Freeran. The examinees have a simple plan: Frieren distracts, Fern kills, the others stand aside. Creativity, of course, is just like that. An amazing animated battle begins between big-eared and her clone, which is interrupted by another flashback.

Yamada doesn't seem to fully grasp the function of flashbacks. Her flashbacks are informative, but they absolutely do not recontextualize what is happening in the present tense, do not give a new dimension. In other words, the flashback should introduce a new variable into the equation, but the screenwriter continues to scribble notes in the margins.

If the difference between a Dungeon and a Frieren is still not clear to everyone, then let me explain it. Good screenwriting is like guessing riddles. The writer creates a situation that should cause the following reaction: how will the hero get out of this? How will he achieve his goal?

And it wouldn't be such a problem if the battles were just a nice bonus to the main narrative. But no – the further you go, the more action you get.

Yamada does a decent job in the genre of melodrama and abstract philosophical parable. Yamada has interesting thoughts – many have noticed a fresh look at demons as (non)thinking beings. It is also worth noting the chemistry between the main three, although often the interactions of the characters are reduced to simple jokes.

But in all that is beyond the above, Yamada simply lacks writing skills. There are not enough vivid images (compensated by the film adaptation), specific details, and interesting situations. It seems that mangaka just can't think through intense battle scenes.

The heterogeneity of the quality of measured and action-oriented arches is tempting to descend to speculation: you might think that the author wants to write one story – a simple and meditative everyday life, like an Aria, and the editors pull action and HYPE from the poor guy. But the imagination deliberately paints a black-and-white picture of the world with an oppressed creator and greedy merchants, whereas in reality the creator himself may suffer from internal censorship and fear of losing an audience.

Yamada's "carelessness" as a writer manifests itself in other aspects. Despite the abundance of false inserts, information about the world remains fragmented and does not add up to a complete picture. Even the titanic efforts of the background artists do not help: the world of Freerun has remained a DnD decoration for me.

Japan has absorbed the aesthetics of DnD mainly through games in the MMO RPG genre. That's why all the plots in this setting turn out to be monotonous, like daily quests, and the characters are one-dimensional, like NPCs

Frieren is the Mona Lisa of anime world that the weebs deserve: forgetful, awkward, with obvious signs of autism and an ass sticking out of a mimic chest... And for some reason they drew a manga and an animated series about her, although they could have limited themselves to a twitter art posts about her.
@qwaker Nobody is reading that
Mar 22, 8:30 AM

Sep 2018
A good laid-back fantasy adventure. Great soundtracks and animation, man, one of the best I've ever seen
8/10
I've just caught up the manga. Hoping for ss2 with same studio :)
Mar 22, 8:30 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to qwaker

@qwaker Oh look the guy who was saying english is inferior language is back
Mar 22, 8:31 AM

Feb 2019
It feels like the last 28 weeks have been a once in a lifetime experience. To witness a show like this on a weekly basis is a blessing and words can’t describe the sense of loss I feel to see it end. I’ll be thinking of this show for decades like how Frieren thinks back on Himmel.

Not only has it maintained its number 1 of all time status, it’s even gone up higher. No fluke. The people have spoken. FMAB reign is over.

Onto the finale itself, after Fern and Frieren’s results last week it’s time for serie to evaluate the rest of the examinees. She lowkey cooked Denken by calling him washed, but praising him at the same time lol. Glad he passed, better late than never. Never too old to get your education as they say. Übel didn’t even have to speak to pass, four eyes not even showing up to the exam was a crazy twist, just off that alone he deserved to pass. Ol girl passing just because she said Serie was cute and small is like bribing the teacher lmao.

To think that Denken’s reason for becoming a mage was due in part to his admiration for Frieren’s deeds in the hero’s party is so cool. Glad he regained his love and joy for the fun aspect of magic after this exam. Even at his age, still learning new things.

Enjoyed the conversation with Frieren and Wirbel as well. I never would have taken him for being the kind person who values the “insignificant” moments in life, like helping a random person with things they’ve dropped. All thanks to the influence of Himmel and his party. It had to be surreal for these people to have taken the test with Frieren, someone who they idolised.

Serie so childish for not letting Frieren in the ceremony lol. It’s funny she does all this big talk about other people and still can’t express her emotions. A big tsundere at the end of the day, but Flamme and every single one of her students meant the world to her. Wish she’d tell Lermen one day before he dies how important he is to her. It’s sad that even at his old age he feels he still needs to prove himself to her by defeating Frieren. Like Frieren said, these mages can be so awkward.

Choosing a spell that cleans laundry as your reward is such a Fern thing to do lol.

LOVED the final “tearful goodbyes aren’t our style” flashback to Himmel. The ending of the episode itself felt like that as well. Not gonna cry cause I know we’ll get more of this beautiful series some day. 🙏🏾 thank you Madhouse for this masterclass. You won’t be forgotten, just like Himmel.
Marinate1016Mar 22, 9:45 AM
Mar 22, 8:33 AM

Oct 2017
In the end Serie had to pass a whole lot of em, bumper crop this year as she said it herself. Was fun to see her reactions to each of them.

Good to know a bit more about Denken and Wirbel. My man Himmel truly the GOAT. The world has changed, said by Frieren herself.

Happy to know Serie hasn't forgotten about Flamme or any of her student for that matter. Lernen too will be remembered so no worries old man.

Lol Fern taking a cleaning spell of all things and acting proud, Frieren has taught her well. The time for goodbyes came, both for the party and for us viewers who have been with this for the past six months and what a way to do so, with another Himmel flashback, this guy is just something else.

Sasuga Madhouse, thanks for the great adaptation. Loved it so much, pretty much the perfect adaptation it could ever get really. Hoping and looking forward to s2. Final score Himmel/~.
MegamiRemMar 23, 12:53 AM
Mar 22, 8:34 AM
Jul 2022
Haters already coming? Fck 'em.
Mar 22, 8:34 AM

May 2021
Reply to qwaker

@qwaker
Ask chapgpt to summarize it in 50 words and I might read it
Mar 22, 8:37 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Reply to qwaker

@qwaker I laughed when your post died together with the early thread, thought that was funny.
Mar 22, 8:41 AM

Sep 2019
Peak anime for peak manga.
Mar 22, 8:45 AM
Jul 2010
So self-proclaimed Frieren defenders can't even read detailed post explaining what exactly is wrong with this series, なるほど。
Mar 22, 8:55 AM
May 2023
no more frieren fridays ⁉️⁉️😭
Mar 22, 8:55 AM

Apr 2022
no tearful goodbyes damn really nice ending with another himmel flashback, we need that second season and it would be fitting if it came out in 3 years tbh. madhouse cooked hard with this, visuals never disappointed at any point and great soundtrack as well. first few episodes are still my favourite though even if the sakuga fight episodes exist, probably fern's childhood episode is the most memorable for me and since she is my favourite character. great fantasy, solid 8/10 for me and i'm already caught up with the manga so i can patiently wait for the anime.
also 9.30 current score is crazy lmao.
Mar 22, 8:56 AM

Jan 2021
The series was an incredible journey filled with highs that kept me captivated from start to finish, highlighting Madhouse's unwavering dedication and unmatched excellence. My Fridays will never be the same without it, this show makes you appreciate every moment of it. Madhouse crafted this series with such care, delivering stunning visuals and an unforgettable musical score. This show is something truly special.
Mar 22, 8:58 AM
Feb 2024
I pay my respect to this greatest masterpiece. F
Mar 22, 8:58 AM
Sep 2021
What a wonderful closing for this season.

The journey to Ende continues! Let's gooo!!!!!!
Mar 22, 8:59 AM
Apr 2017
Sampai jumpa beberapa tahun kemudian untuk season dua-nya, see you again after many years 👋

Nov 2021
DAMNNNNN. Season 2 please!!!
Apr 2023
S2 lets go............................
Mar 2022
An amazing journey it has been, I applaud the wonderful execution of this story.
Sayonara Sousou no Frieren.
Mar 22, 9:00 AM
Nov 2020
AN ACTUAL MASTERPIECE OF AN ANIME

Jan 2009
there it is magic is a tool for killing according to wirbel and serie

the journey to ende continues

Apr 2017
Just one word

Peak

10/10
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Mar 22, 9:01 AM

Apr 2020
Great show. Best one I've seen weekly this year alongside Apothecary.
Not sure if it's worth being number 1 on MAL though.
9/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Oct 2019
Thank you for giving me an excellent, irreplaceable masterpiece
Sep 2015
I don't think this is the best anime ever but I can understand why many people think it is. It deserved to be mentioned as a contender for GOAT anime.
Mar 22, 9:02 AM
Nov 2023
One of the best ending to an anime I've ever seen, A tearful farewell befits us not. After all, a reunion would be most awkward. Thank you for this masterpiece.
Mar 22, 9:02 AM
Oct 2019
Thank you for giving me an excellent, irreplaceable masterpiece
Mar 22, 9:03 AM
Jul 2023
What a journey this past 6 months, watching a true fantasy slice of life masterpiece effect life and world in such touching manners, truly wonderful.
Dec 2022
Best fantasy of all time

Apr 2010
It's a shame this is over it was such a nice show i am going to miss it.
The last arc was intense compared to the previous arcs but i looked forward to every episode with this anime.
Anyway i hope we will get a bit more of this in the future but i guess time will tell if that actually happens.
Mar 22, 9:05 AM
Jun 2023
I cried towards the end seeing that final flashback of quick goodbyes and having it be embarrassing when we meet again.. It's crazy thinking that the show is also referring to the audience as well because we know Frieren is easily getting another season. I'm really gonna miss this show so damn much until then. Congrats Frieren, you officially became my #1 favorite anime of all time 💙 Thank you Frieren! AOTY
LosTakeoverMar 22, 9:13 AM
Mar 22, 9:08 AM

Nov 2017
Oh thanks for the journey, we will meet you again in S2.
Yeah absolutely 10/10.

Mar 22, 9:10 AM

Feb 2021
I'm actually so happy most examinees passed. I thought that besides Fern, only Übel would pass.
I remember when I first saw Denken, I thought he's just some prideful and selfish noble. To think that I'll come to love him so much now.
10:52 Böse is "evil; malicious; wicked"

Same with Wirbel. Everyone probably said this a million times already, but it's amazing how they made everyone in the exam important and likable.
21:09 The most ancient uwu to ever uwu

The ending nearly made me cry.

10/10
A masterpiece. And this was so consistently amazing. Not a thing I can pick on.
At the end of the episode it's written "The Journey to Ende continues.", so we can be 99.99% sure that season 2 is coming. (The official Twitter account also posted the same thing)

Also it was nice to see that everyone is really calm most of the time. We're used to anime characters being super-expressive and emotional, so this was refreshing.
EmbientMar 22, 9:41 AM
Mar 2021
Auf Wiedersehen, Frieren und bis bald (Goodbye, Frieren and see you soon)
May 2022
Masterpiece Anime Of All Time

Jul 2011
Serie is the ultimate Frieren hater. Even that kinda rubbed on Lernen a little.

I loved Methode first impression of Serie.

3 old characters, 3 that kinda adopt a kid to be their grandchildren.
BlichoBoyMar 22, 9:16 AM
Mar 22, 9:11 AM
Dec 2023
Thank you for accompanying me on my tired days at work, we have gone through seven months, every episode in every story, it's really heartbreaking to have to say goodbye in episode 28 which has so much meaning in life, it's true that every meeting there is a farewell, I hope the anime story continues...rating 10/10
Mar 22, 9:11 AM

Jul 2012
That was such a laid back ending. Of course, Fern would pick a spell like that just like her teacher lol. I also loved learning more about the other characters like Denken, Wirbel, Lerner and Serie.

The images at the ending credits and wrapping up with Frieren and Himmel flashbacks as if they're talking to one another was so satisfying.

I love this amazing series so much. I can't wait for more.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Did she view him that way?

kingsley_017 - Today

23 by Puntosmx »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

582 by Unikitty12512 »»
Today, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2023

277 by SquireHenry »»
Today, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

331 by Noeiro »»
Today, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

538 by Noeiro »»
Today, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.