Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Jesus Christ, Elise once again thrown into a pressure situation when Ron's father apparently goes down after taking a drink. Of course, fingers are pointed at who "poisoned" him.

I just wish they gave Elise's special moment rather than always putting her into life and death operations. Then again, this is part of the show's theme so it makes sense. She's really come a long way.
Mar 20, 6:51 AM

Jul 2017
By the Order of the Imperial Rose and the Romanoff royal family through Winchester, Elise becomes the first woman to be crowned knighthood. But what about her physician exam...better conquer that first.

The ceremony goes like usual, though Winchester experienced a sudden heart attack that puts Elise on high alert. Thankfully, he's still able to have a pulse, but the danger is not over yet as his condition is still worse, and Linden is taken in for interrogation as the last person giving his own father a celebratory cup. Still, within the council, there're still doubts about Elise's capability, and to make matters worse, Mikhail assumes testament of order until evidence is proven.

Clearly, from behind the scenes, there's a clear divide between the House of Child and the noble faction against the Romanoff faction, and this is something that not even Elise can pinpoint due to her panic attack and unclear mindset. Furthermore, with the rumours going along well for the nobles, Elise, Linden and the royal family are in shambles if Winchester's condition gets worse, not to mention Elise being a clear threat to the nobles.

Elise can escape life and death, but the physician's exam will be clearly rushed for the finale next week.
Mar 20, 7:26 AM

Mar 2021
Wow things went bad very quickly for Elise and the emperor I hope the emperor can be saved and Elise and Prince Linden are not murdered.
Mar 20, 8:20 AM

Dec 2021
Oh yeah, that exam they talked about ages ago? Still hasn't happened. I bet she'll pass it in the finale and everything will be perfect.

Also, where are most of the guards in the tower where Linden is being held?

Mar 20, 8:24 AM
Sep 2015
Call me evil but I'm actually glad this incident happen. I want to spice things up for a long time and this seems to be the injection that I need to make it happen. Also, I'm interest in what will happen if Elise die again, will she reincarnate into our world again? Could this be infinite loop that she can't escape?
Mar 20, 9:39 AM
Feb 2024
I feel especially bad for Linden after that. Based on the flashbacks Linden has about his mother, I bet that was particularly traumatic for him. It doesn’t help that now everyone suspects him because he JUST gave his father a drink. Those corrupt nobles are right, gossip really is a terrifying thing. It’s interesting that this is how they plan to end the series, it’s really different from the source material but they’re doing a really good job of keeping it entertaining!

I’m proud of Graham telling Elise to take care of herself. She can’t save anyone if she doesn’t take care of herself first, it kind of irritates me that she does that. I understand that she’s supposed to be a selfless character and so they’re trying to make it look like she just cares more about others than herself, but doctors should know better than anyone that they can’t help anyone unless they take care of themselves first.
Mar 20, 9:42 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to phantomfandom
Call me evil but I'm actually glad this incident happen. I want to spice things up for a long time and this seems to be the injection that I need to make it happen. Also, I'm interest in what will happen if Elise die again, will she reincarnate into our world again? Could this be infinite loop that she can't escape?
phantomfandom said:
Call me evil but I'm actually glad this incident happen. I want to spice things up for a long time and this seems to be the injection that I need to make it happen.

Agreed. It's great that they set up an actual medical mystery that isn't solved in an instant and has some obstacles to even conduct the investigation. Not to mention personal and political stakes.

But it's bizarre that people are buying the story that Linden walked up to the king and fed him poison at a public event. Really? Why would he kill him in that way, and how would he have gotten away with it? To quote Game of Thrones, when a fancy dagger used in an assassination attempt casts suspicion on its nobleman owner: "What sort of imbecile arms an assassin with his own blade?"

Even dumber are the two goobers who go after Elise. What would killing her achieve? Their own side is spinning the story that Elise is trying to help her fiancee get away with murder. If she turns up dead, wouldn't that cast some doubt to that story? If her doctor skills were such a big threat, they could pull some strings to restrict Elise's access to the king and even install one of their own people as "an independent investigator".

If they wanted to kill anyone, they should've staged an assassination attempt on Mikhail (but not actually kill him, of course). That would have given more weight to the theory that Linden has gone insane and is trying to eliminate anyone who's a threat, even his father and his brother.

Maybe all of this will be pointed out in the next episode, but as always the way the story progresses feels... weird.
Mar 20, 10:12 AM

Dec 2022
well its gonna have a bobastic end
anyway this anime was just a mellow drama with reverse isekai isekai as its plot point

dont have much to say about it expect change the dam crown prince model i always confuse him because of his black hair
Mar 20, 10:24 AM
Feb 2018
I don't think it be prince linden that save her I think it be prince Mikael, lady Juliana (finding out her family plan and move to stop it) or Elise own brothers

would like to know why the emperor spit up blood I'm no doctor or med student but I think that rare
Mar 20, 10:33 AM

Apr 2021
...and now, Deus Ex Machina incoming.

Oh and at first I confused Elise with that woman from 7th Time loop and thought she could easily take care of the situation herself haha :D
Mar 20, 11:51 AM

Feb 2019
Man Elise looked so damn gorgeous at the ball 😩 😍 shame it had to end abruptly with a poisoning attempt on the king. The red flags were definitely there when he started talking about this not being a hospital and telling her to focus on the event, but man wasn’t expecting him to have a heart attack like that.

What’s wild to me is people suspecting Linden of being the culprit. Why would he try to kill his own dad in public like that? Makes no sense. Even if he wanted to usurp the throne surely it would be done in secrecy or he’d have someone else do it.

I wasn’t expecting Elise and Linden first meeting after the fire to be in a jail cell, but here we are. Cute moment with her promising to save his dad. Doctor Graham is right about her having to take care of herself though. You can’t care for a patient if you’re not being cared for yourself, Elise has to calm down and lock in.

But she can’t even do that because here comes another assassination attempt lol. The noble faction going after Elise doesn’t really make any sense because surely the fiance of the crown prince and a renowned physician being killed would draw attention? What’s the point in killing her 🤦🏽‍♂️wonder who came to save her at the end there.

I am glad we got a mystery like this though, it shakes up the formula and makes things more interesting. Not only does Elise have to save the king, but find out who poisoned him and bring them to justice. A lot to solve in the finale.
Marinate1016Mar 20, 12:37 PM
Mar 20, 12:02 PM

Nov 2013
wow what an episode
the king had an heart attack and people suspect Linden, i mean, taking into account the moment it happened, it makes sense lol even Elise can't think of a possible cause to this problem

with the prince being locked away and with elise trying to save the king, ofc there are some bad guys who don't want her to save him, so that the 2nd prince can become the emperor

holy shit, that cliffhanger tho, i imagine that someone managed to block that hit, maybe the prince left the tower somehow... but wow
1 episode left, and what an interesting anime so far, can't wait to see what's left
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 20, 12:13 PM
Feb 2015
deviating from the webtoon, so they ending this next episode with no hopes for another sequel. Skipped like 80+ chapters
Mar 20, 12:25 PM
Feb 2024
It’s a lot different from the source material, that’s for sure
Mar 20, 12:31 PM

Jun 2023
That was a huge cliffhanger
Mar 20, 12:33 PM

Mar 2013
Scary episode for Elise. 😭😖🥺
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 20, 12:58 PM
Jun 2021
I only have watched anime related to this but I bet with around 90% chance prince linden or prince mikhail or whatever his name is saves Elise at the last second. Rather predictable outcome for such an unpredictable event. Dunno why they wouldn’t just like detain her for suspected bias on treatment or some such nonsense - that’d be the predictable solution to her being a good doctor. The current method they chose seems rather foolish
Mar 20, 1:01 PM
Jan 2022
Did I miss something when did they get X-Ray technology in this world
Mar 20, 1:20 PM
Jul 2020
animefan333 said:
deviating from the webtoon, so they ending this next episode with no hopes for another sequel. Skipped like 80+ chapters

Yeah i was trying to find these events in the webtoon and found nothing. Did this actually happen or is this anime original?
Mar 20, 1:20 PM
Jul 2020
animefan333 said:

Yeah i was trying to find these events in the webtoon and found nothing. Did this actually happen or is this anime original?
Mar 20, 1:23 PM
Feb 2015
DesmondKun said:
animefan333 said:

happened but like after 120 chapters and a lot of stuff skipped, and story taking a completely different route with original scenes/story added. I would like another season actually
Mar 20, 2:34 PM
Jan 2024
perseii said:
phantomfandom said:
Call me evil but I'm actually glad this incident happen. I want to spice things up for a long time and this seems to be the injection that I need to make it happen.

Agreed. It's great that they set up an actual medical mystery that isn't solved in an instant and has some obstacles to even conduct the investigation. Not to mention personal and political stakes.

But it's bizarre that people are buying the story that Linden walked up to the king and fed him poison at a public event. Really? Why would he kill him in that way, and how would he have gotten away with it? To quote Game of Thrones, when a fancy dagger used in an assassination attempt casts suspicion on its nobleman owner: "What sort of imbecile arms an assassin with his own blade?"

Even dumber are the two goobers who go after Elise. What would killing her achieve? Their own side is spinning the story that Elise is trying to help her fiancee get away with murder. If she turns up dead, wouldn't that cast some doubt to that story? If her doctor skills were such a big threat, they could pull some strings to restrict Elise's access to the king and even install one of their own people as "an independent investigator".

If they wanted to kill anyone, they should've staged an assassination attempt on Mikhail (but not actually kill him, of course). That would have given more weight to the theory that Linden has gone insane and is trying to eliminate anyone who's a threat, even his father and his brother.

Maybe all of this will be pointed out in the next episode, but as always the way the story progresses feels... weird.

they didn't say they were gonna frame her for helping him get away with murder. and you're forgetting that they could just say that the Prince killed her to silence her too. or that there was a terrible accident. there's lots of ways it could play out. but it seems from her deductions that it's not actually poison, at least she'd previously considered it because she suspected the Nobles faction in support of Mihkiel would do such a thing, though she believed that Mihkiel wouldn't do approve of such a thing himself, though she didn't consider that they could have just done it behind his back. regardless, the point remains that though they refused to acknowledge her medical prowess during the accusations of Linden, it seems they do see her as a threat that must be eliminated. it seems they have no knowledge of her becoming friends with Mikhiel. I really hope he doesn't die this time. she seemed really sad about his death. surely there must be another way. and I think Mihkiel made a good call at the discussion. if he wanted to, he could have moved forward with giving an actual punishment to Linden and charging him with attempted murder and treason, but he decided to wait for evidence. he also couldn't come out in support of his brother or the nobles who are already not above killing when they seem it necessary, might come for him too. I didn't think they'd kill him because he's currently a vital part of their goals but they could make his life miserable and they could kill everyone he loves or threaten to do so in an attempt to force him to comply with their demands. obviously, someone is going to save Elise in the next episode. I just keep wondering if it will be Linden, Mihkiel, the very low possibility of it being Lady Child, or the also low possibility of it being some other character like one of the doctors or something. Linden could even disguise himself as Ron to save her. if so, I hope she will discover his true identity and see him transform back or something. I want her to know that her feelings for Ron are really for Linden.

I do also agree that I'm content with this weight bearing event and all the different things affected. it would be boring if everything was easy for her to solve and she solved every issue within its own single respective episode. I like that she's smart and can somewhat read a room. she's not as smart as Lady Rishe or Raeliana (both of those are the heroines of different animes), but still, I'd say she's potentially more intelligent than a lot of the female MCs were given, which is nice. the other two heroines are actually quite refreshing for that reason. Looking forward to seeing how they wrap up the finale and what kind of cliffhanger they'll leave us on as we hope for a second season
Mar 20, 2:35 PM
Jul 2022
Minutes 18:37 when elise open the door to meet Linden, she look like a kid there 😭
Mar 20, 3:44 PM

Jan 2008
Bad timing for a heart attack...for the crown prince that is, since he's being suspected of assasination. I personally wouldn't have minded if he kicked the bucket, repercussions aside.

It could have just been unlucky, or the person who stands to gain the most out of this, the noble's faction under the younger prince. The "poisoning" perp is unknown at the moment, but one thing is for certain, and that is the nobles' faction needs to be purged for their attempted murder of Elise. Juliane can stay though...but her family and family's vassals need to die.

Last episode next week. I hope they wrap this up and have Elise achieve her goal of formally becoming a doctor, and have her engagement annulled as she planned. Going by other commenters, it seems to be going for an anime-original ending. Maybe I'll read the webtoon after that.
Mar 20, 4:58 PM
Feb 2024
Not that illegal cliffhanger-
Mar 20, 5:11 PM
Oct 2019
Of course that will happen, Emperor just giving himself a "Death Flag" after saying "It would be nice if days like today could continue forever."

Nahh not that Nasty Cliffhanger... WTF
Mar 20, 6:03 PM

Feb 2019
didn't she learn any self-defense moves when she lived on earth before being reincarnated back? her being so helpless like that when we know she came from a world where women learned how to defend themselves just makes her seem lame to me. she couldn't have just studied to become a doctor even before she was reincarnated back in time.
Mar 20, 11:20 PM
Jan 2023
THE CLIFFHANGER IS SO INSANE.
Mar 21, 1:42 AM
Mar 2016
awesome. had me on the edge of my seat.
Mar 21, 3:29 AM

Dec 2007
Reply to perseii
phantomfandom said:

@perseii this whole episode is just bad adaptation on some manga events, in my opinion. And in the manga they explain they want to harm Elise because she's incredibly popular among the people, so as long as she lives Linden will have their support too.

The choices of adaptation in the anime are pointing towards not having a second season at all, since these events all happen much much later in the manga. Which is a pity, since I think the most interesting arcs are all after Elise takes the exam. Such a shame.
Mar 21, 3:34 AM

Dec 2007
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
didn't she learn any self-defense moves when she lived on earth before being reincarnated back? her being so helpless like that when we know she came from a world where women learned how to defend themselves just makes her seem lame to me. she couldn't have just studied to become a doctor even before she was reincarnated back in time.
@LeenPhoenixRae what do you mean? I'm a woman in this world and if two crazy guys came at me with 2 gigantic swords I'd be done for.

There's no way, even if one took self defense classes. Self defense classes are thought considering unharmed opponents, or armed with knifes or guns, not long swords that would largely increase the range of the attacker by at least 1 arm's length.

And Elise devoted her whole life at being a doctor, no reason to learn self defense.
Mar 21, 8:53 AM
May 2021
I guess if the king falls ill just blame it on the crown prince (who is his child and has good relationship with the king also who has no reasons to poison him)
Crown prince also literally doesnt have any power xd mans own troops just arrested him
Makes sense :o
Mar 21, 10:58 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Dayan
@perseii this whole episode is just bad adaptation on some manga events, in my opinion. And in the manga they explain they want to harm Elise because she's incredibly popular among the people, so as long as she lives Linden will have their support too.

The choices of adaptation in the anime are pointing towards not having a second season at all, since these events all happen much much later in the manga. Which is a pity, since I think the most interesting arcs are all after Elise takes the exam. Such a shame.
Dayan said:
And in the manga they explain they want to harm Elise because she's incredibly popular among the people, so as long as she lives Linden will have their support too.

That would make a little more sense, actually. Why didn't the anime mention this? (Or at least I haven't caught it)

But even then, it wouldn't make much sense to have her killed, while she is still liked by the people. It would be better to just make her less popular, through gossip and other underhanded tactics, so that people would no longer care about what Elise has to say. If that's too difficult or takes too long, they can have her killed in "an accident", not by straight-up stabbing her...

I actually forgot about the medical exam, since recently I've only seen Elise busy with other stuff, like Ron, the knighthood, the engagement, chilling with Julianne, etc. It does feel like there's too much going on that could have easily taken place after she passed the exam.

I think you're right that this is not getting a Season 2, at least for now, from the way they're having Elise save His Majesty's life, exonerate the crown prince AND fend off assassins. But then, I don't see how they'll "end" the series on a decent note in a single episode next week.
Mar 21, 11:32 AM

Dec 2007
perseii said:
Dayan said:
And in the manga they explain they want to harm Elise because she's incredibly popular among the people, so as long as she lives Linden will have their support too.

That would make a little more sense, actually. Why didn't the anime mention this? (Or at least I haven't caught it)

But even then, it wouldn't make much sense to have her killed, while she is still liked by the people. It would be better to just make her less popular, through gossip and other underhanded tactics, so that people would no longer care about what Elise has to say. If that's too difficult or takes too long, they can have her killed in "an accident", not by straight-up stabbing her...

I actually forgot about the medical exam, since recently I've only seen Elise busy with other stuff, like Ron, the knighthood, the engagement, chilling with Julianne, etc. It does feel like there's too much going on that could have easily taken place after she passed the exam.

I think you're right that this is not getting a Season 2, at least for now, from the way they're having Elise save His Majesty's life, exonerate the crown prince AND fend off assassins. But then, I don't see how they'll "end" the series on a decent note in a single episode next week.

yeah, they never take action towards either hurting her or making up gossip because Mickael forbids it. and all of this takes place much later. this episode felt rushed and made no sense in a lot of ways, even without the season 2, I'd rather they'd just followed the manga a bit more closely and ended the season with a certain event that happens after the exam.
Mar 21, 1:46 PM

Jun 2016
damn yoo what a cliffhanger !!!

this is so so interesting
Mar 21, 1:54 PM
Feb 2015
oh man, the ending got me wanting to see the last episode as soon as possible I need to know how she'll be saveddddddddd
really excited to see how this'll end, I've really enjoyed this series loads
Mar 21, 2:31 PM

Jun 2015
Who's going to save her? Linden? Mikhail?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 23, 2:33 PM
Jan 2024
Will they kill Elise? It's not impossible because if the series doesn't end, well we don't know what will happen.
Mar 23, 4:32 PM

Nov 2009
By the Order of the Imperial Rose and the Romanoff royal family through Winchester, Elise becomes the first woman to be crowned knighthood.

They're trying to crown her as the Empress (King) to began with... I don't think becoming knighthood is really that much achievement, lol. (basically becoming a CEO vs becoming a manager)

She's basically just being promoted so they can dump the Empress title to her later down the line as an excuse of saying it's due to all her achievements.

(also, oh, this series was a webtoon... no wonder I don't remember the series, I only read manga, didn't read webtoons cause they used to have the stupid 1000 foot long line where you have to scroll down constantly to read... most sites changed it to have page layout, but it also makes some webtoons weird cause some of them weren't suppose to be read from page layout, so things get awkward cut-offs, lol)

Anyways... yea... I was wondering why she was suddenly given the promotion... when last episode was just her having a "date" with Fake Prince... cause they skipped content in order to end this soon... huh... (especially since it looks like everyone knows Elise is Rose... when only a few people (the higher ups) knew, they didn't reveal Elise was Rose to the public yet)

Tho some series has done this before and used the skipped content later as flashbacks.

Huh... the King gets "poisoned"... feels like "fate" is trying to claim the King, since he's suppose to already be dead from diabetes, before Elise saved his life.

I guess the King may actually have other illness that Elise didn't know about cause the King died early in her past life and this illness hasn't claimed the King before he died of Diabetes. Or the "poison" is something new that isn't even on "Earth" that Elise knows about.

Meanwhile... the "nobles" are trying to kill Elise so she can't go save the King. Exactly why do the nobles want to kill the king... I have no idea... we didn't see anything about the nobles complaining about the king from before...

BTW, I am pretty sure the Prince is still house-locked... so he can't come save Elise, someone else is most likely going to.

It would make no sense for the Prince to go save Elise, unless he has super human hearing and breaks down walls...
amlgMar 23, 4:44 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 24, 6:10 PM

Nov 2012
She's a little on the dumb side. There's a guarded tower right there and instead of screaming for help and running towards the tower you run into a wooded area and hide. oook. If there was only that 1 guard, he wasn't that far away. There had to be another room with a door she could lock or barricade herself in even if the Prince is locked up and for some reason I don't think he is.
Mar 24, 6:20 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to perseii
phantomfandom said:

@perseii Yeah I agree with you. I'd been waiting for her to die to see if she'd be in the hospital in Japan and think going back was a hallucination or something. I truly don't think she's about to be killed. I don't think Linden's room is locked. He's probably being held on his honor. As such, I won't be surprised if he saves her next week.

I thought someone would point out Linden would have nothing to gain by attempting to kill his father so publicly but Mihail would. From jump I never trusted the king's aide either. The guy with the long straight black hair. I forget his name.

I thought doofus 1 & 2 were trying to kill Elise because they didn't want her to save the King. I did see the response about her popularity. They really screwed up adapting that.
Mar 25, 7:57 AM
Mar 2016
HOLY SHIT, WHAT A CLIFFHANGER LMAO
Mar 25, 12:29 PM
Oct 2009
Reply to 42Meanings
Did I miss something when did they get X-Ray technology in this world
@42Meanings At last, someone with the same thought!! I was really confused when Elise said that T_T
Mar 27, 8:30 PM

Jan 2022
She did a triple bypass in Germany or something like that. Shouldn't she immediately know what the issue is? At least they're finally humbling her

Watch it be an embolism.
This never updates so that's cool
Mar 31, 10:17 AM
Oct 2019
cool episode, let's see what happens next
Apr 7, 1:33 PM

Feb 2009
The event I wanted to happen to the king, but I'm sure he'll survive unfortunately for the prince's sake. I'm sure there are people who will say the king is kind, but he is only kind when it fits his interests. He has no problem spitting all over Elise's resolve and their wager if it means he will get what he wants in the end, which proves he is not honorable.

The event itself definitely played out in a stupid manner. Is it normal for a prince to go up to the king and serve drinks himself? It was such an unnatural turn of events. Also, if they found no trace of poison on the cup, doesn't that already confirm that it wasn't poison? I don't know why it would even still be up for discussion. Also the two clown nobles trying to assassinate Elise is like the dumbest thing you can do in their position. Why do shows always like to ruin things in their last arc of the season?

Also, while I understand the show is trying to raise the stakes for Elise, it makes no sense that she would be the one to judge the cause of the heart attack to begin with when the king's physician is not even her, not to mention her own conflicting interest regarding her position to the crown prince as pointed out by the noble faction themselves, any answer she comes up with can just be dismissed as "she made it up to defend her fiancé" can't it?

Of course the press wreaks havoc like always. I don't know why they are never held responsible for printing blatant lies. It's a problem in the anime, just like in reality.
May 7, 12:48 AM

Aug 2019
those two are really dumb :D how can they try to frame linded for poisoning his father if they go and kill clorence? if they try to frame that on linden as well i have no clue how you possibly could explain why he would kill his father and his fiance
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» Medical accuracy

felixsifuri - Mar 27

4 by CarbonMD »»
Yesterday, 2:39 AM

» What are your thoughts about Julian (or Yulian)?

AngelMilky_15 - Dec 14, 2023

5 by CarbonMD »»
Yesterday, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

57 by CarbonMD »»
Yesterday, 2:17 AM

» Should I watch this?

CarbonMD - Mar 18

35 by CarbonMD »»
Yesterday, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Gekai Elise Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14

56 by KumaliaBlossom »»
May 28, 7:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.