Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 21, 6:40 AM
Feb 2022
It was interesting, but very mindblowing the way the things proceed. Such a good episode, it's very entertaining the way the story's plot is heading in.
Feb 21, 11:30 AM

Jul 2016
Woah... who would have thought, huh? Not only is Xiaomao knowledgeable of practically any subject the plot requires her to be but she also has the endurance of a male character from Tokyo Revengers. And she didn't cry! Takemichi should seriously take some notes from here.

And Jinshi doing the Kaneki walk with a still alive but heavily injured Xiaomao. I just can't xD

Hilarious episode. Felt like I was watching a lame K-drama or something.
Feb 21, 12:14 PM
Feb 2018
This episode left me shocked, mad, sad, and proud
Feb 21, 4:40 PM
Mar 2015
funny how lots of ppl above call this "best episode" and they r absolutely right

read the manga quite a bit further from this point on and it went straight back to the sleep-inducing mind-numbing bland slice of life with absolutely no direction or real stakes, same as before
Feb 21, 10:29 PM

Nov 2011
Seeing all those people there standing there and not moving an inch when PEOPLE ARE IN DANGER OF DYING was beyond infuriating... I'm like: Screw the rules, be like Mao Mao.

10/10 directing. The second half of this episode hit hard.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Feb 22, 2:59 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to phantomfandom
Majestic episode. It's hard to win against her father but Maomao still has to keep fighting (for a rare ingredient LOL).

Lihaku is my favorite character but now he's just an info-dump character. I need to see him more.

Anyway I also need to see more of military zone, there are so many hot soldiers in there. The guard who hit Maomao, for example, which I'm pretty sure he'll be heavily punished later. Oh I wish I could be the one to punish him.
@phantomfandom punish? i won't accept anything less than execution!!!
Feb 22, 3:07 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Aversa
Ending on big cliffhangers seems to be a trend this week.
I hope Moamoa won't have anything mayor from this, she went to far in provoking that soldier.
She did manage to save Jinshi even if she didn't know if was him.
Guess next week needs a explanation.
@Aversa i hope she brings up the question of why he was there doing the ritual and even more hopefully she connects the dots in case he doesn't say he's *major spoiler*
Feb 22, 3:10 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to ScarRufus
OMG so much emotions, this was the best episode of the series so far.

The last scene with Jinshi and Maomao made me tear up a little.

Also i want the head of that stupid guard that hit my girl.
@ScarRufus *Our girl.
Feb 22, 3:14 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Weeb_Isekai
@Nel999 'For the people who think Laka is suspicious, let me spoil it'. What even is the point of this post?
@Weeb_Isekai L+Ratio, sometimes not saying anything is the best thing you can say.
Feb 22, 6:22 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to Kirito_online
@Weeb_Isekai L+Ratio, sometimes not saying anything is the best thing you can say.
@Kirito_online it was not a reply to you so who asked?
"
Feb 22, 4:48 PM
Jun 2020
In b4 Maomao does not need clay makeup anymore to look less attractive.
The right of her face seem fractured enough to heal like the beating did not happen.

Also I hope Jinshi does not take her to her step father with that snail's pace. She is losing quite an amount of blood.
Feb 24, 1:59 AM
Sep 2021
That was fascinating to watch, especially the middle to the last parts of the episode. Things are getting interesting.
Feb 24, 4:21 AM

May 2015
I first thought Mao Mao was dead... then the preview spoiled the sequel.
Feb 24, 6:02 AM
Oct 2019
this ep was so intense but I loveddd it, Jinshi walking so slowly carrying Maomao had me screaming like bro??? she's literally bleeding pls
Feb 24, 12:04 PM

Jul 2022
why tf is jinshi just walking like that, shouldn't he be like idk... RUNNING??
Feb 24, 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
Yuuki Aoi was already high in my VA ranking, but with this episode she went up even more. Man the bezoar part so gud lol. Even though hearing her normal speaking voice yesterday (she was with some vtubers) actually made it harder to watch the show

2 bad youtube already spoiled the ending of this episode, it was everywhere. So a pretty big ''reveal (for mao at least)+accident'' was spoiled qq.
removed-userFeb 24, 12:37 PM
Feb 24, 2:46 PM

Dec 2018
Well that got the tears flowing
Feb 24, 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
oh man it took soooo long for something interesting to happen in this series
Feb 25, 12:49 AM
May 2023
The girl was falling and the boy was taking her with him with slow movements😁
Feb 25, 10:02 AM
Feb 2009
The scene at the end (E19) was magnificent.
Feb 25, 4:45 PM
Mar 2019
So now all the threads from previous episodes intertwine here...an elaborate plot against Jinshin. Im almost certain now that he is a threat to the Emperor's throne. Let's see where this takes us.
Feb 26, 6:39 AM

Jun 2023
Peek a boo~
I'm literally sobbing at the end, Xiaomao got me goosebumps and what a beautiful insert song. Even though you should running actually, Jinshi-sama. Sorry not sorry but me personally love the scene.
MatchappieFeb 26, 6:58 AM
Feb 28, 6:53 PM

Jul 2017
Please Jinshi, mind going slower? So Maomao could lose the 100% of her blood? Thanks.
Also, Mao's voice tone as she was asking the guard to let her go was annoying.
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎 (ᐢ..ᐢ)
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ »[𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎]«
Mar 2, 3:30 AM

Jul 2017
Maomao getting a tip-off that one of the cases she solved the last time, has another case this time, and especially the official who could eat his favourite seafood, Kounen was presumed dead this time, and the mystery of this is even more confounding as it links from one person to another. The details of that, given the description of the culprit, it sounded like Suirei, but Maomao knows that it's not just her, or could be somebody else in this perfectly intentional case. All of this conveyed to Jinshi, the complexity of the case is there, but Jinshi has a reward for her: Ox bezoar, the internal gallstone of an ox. Once again, leaving Maomao to Gaoshun for supervision. With the different past cases being intentionally done to create a crime scene, Maomao pieces those events together, especially with the ceremony of which Gaoshun was part of before he got demoted serving as Jinshi's aide.

Knowing the tools used in the ceremony however, Maomao knows that there is someone bound to be hurt from that, but as a lowly servant who has no power to stop the plan from happening, all she got was conjecture, and the guard has every right to keep her at bat, which Maomao got hit from. Despite that, Maomao pushes through with much persistence to save, which to save her skin, she has Lakan to thank for, despite her resentment about him. And that ceremony done by Jinshi, she did manage to save him out from the perfectly placed falling column beams, though he questions why Maomao pushed herself to save him, as she falls into unconsciousness.

Ultimately, with Maomao in his arms, Jinshi walking pass by Lakan, that is a sight to behold of how shady things are in the palace.
The anime has transcended again...no depths would ever warrant Maomao from trouble.
Mar 2, 7:33 PM

Jun 2014
Maomao's face and leg are in horrible shape, but she saved Jinshi's life in the process, so as far as she's concerned, it was worth it.

Mar 3, 10:55 PM

Nov 2019
This episode... was freaking intense!
Mar 4, 6:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That ending was heartbreaking wow, Maomao saved Jinshi but got severely wounded :/
Mar 4, 11:18 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was intense! Jinshi was saved in the last moment, and Maomao had to endure a lot of pain. Damage dealt by that officer was enough to make Maomao lose her consciousness, but she managed to get a grip and dashed towards the temple, getting wounded in the process of saving Jinshi. Not to forget how she connected all cases from the past, and deducted what was the reason of them happening at all (and that surely wasn't a set of mere coincidences).

I guess Lakan is behind it. Eliminating Jinshi to be able to get Maomao. Sounds like something such a shady dude like him would do, even if it meant plotting against the emperor's brother. When the plan went south and Maomao was endangered, he decided to safely retreat, making it look as if he wasn't involved at all, and even led to ruining everything he had been planning by allowing Maomao to try to save Jinshi. This sounds logical, but we will see who and why orchestrated that whole situation.

The last scene was truly a cherry on the top. Aboslute cinema.
AdnashMar 4, 11:47 PM
Mar 8, 3:23 AM

May 2016
Amazing OST in the background and everything happened was so shocking.
Mar 16, 11:18 PM
Oct 2021
BEST EPISODE SO FAR!

This just made me bump the whole show from 8/10 to 9/10, Kusuriya no Hitorigoto is a certified classic already
Mar 18, 6:54 PM
Oct 2018
Rushing to save a person Maomao wasn't even aware was someone she knows. Maomao a least has a strong sense of responsibility.
Mar 21, 4:29 PM
May 2020
Montaña rusa de emociones con final lagrimoso
Mar 23, 11:44 AM
Mar 2024
Everything finally made sense!
Mar 27, 1:16 PM

Feb 2019
Honestly Maomao needs to learn different approach to convince the guardians to let her pass if she came to conclusion that the situation is critica. I know she's a woman but she like shittalked at the man, no surprise he hit her. Rude manners from both sides tho.

Mar 27, 1:19 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to DreadfulLaw
why tf is jinshi just walking like that, shouldn't he be like idk... RUNNING??
@DreadfulLaw you know, to make it more Dramatic.

Mar 28, 3:11 AM
Dec 2016
LMAO I just saw some comments and say Jinshi's do the Kaneki walk LOL

Well, Maomao will gonna survive~ Just a bit rest and stitch...
_TsukiyoMar 28, 3:17 AM
Mar 30, 1:39 AM

Jun 2020
PEAK EPISODE!! It started off with my favorite duo of Maomao and Lihaku, and then revealed that all of our "episodic" mysteries are actually tied together in a plot to kill JINSHI? The tension building up to Maomao saving him was amazing, and my jaw was dropped when Maomao got fucking clubbed in the face. Also the fact that Jinshi was immediately more concerned for Maomao more than the fact that he was just about to be murdered, wow..
Apr 1, 9:09 AM
Feb 2015
Literally twice gasp at the scene from this episode, if mere coincident happen and overlaps it no mere coincidental, there someone who aiming the life of the noble in ceremonial tower. Jinshi is no normal person either if it was him targeted. Maomao saved his life and miraculously survive it
Apr 10, 3:11 AM

Jul 2013
So all those cases that Maomao solved are connected and the final goal was to kill Jinshi?
Apr 14, 9:52 PM

Feb 2019
uh-oh, they pissed him off, now whoever is behind the sabotage will pay. was it maomao's dad? or someone else?
Apr 28, 4:24 AM

Feb 2012
I love it when plot threads build, connect, and collapse... especially if they seem to have no connection at face value; magic.
May 6, 2:17 PM
Feb 2020
Heartache......
May 9, 9:14 AM

Apr 2022
The ending gave me chills. Hope Mao Mao's gonna be okay after this.
May 11, 7:50 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright finally have a time to continue this and damn definitely not see those drama coming at the end, while the one who's being targeted actually Jinshi.

Its all back to the beginning, eh?

I like how everyone there just stood still, a mere servant, little girl, became the hero that saves someone important for the palace. Especially those Lakan.

Bruh really just look like a fool, and can't do shit to help other than mocking first at her smh bad father ofc....

At the end, 5 more episode for this to come to the end, imma go sad....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 16, 7:59 PM
Jan 2021
This is my favorite episode so far. that ending omg
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10

133 by capyvaraw »»
3 hours ago

» On which chapter does this season 1 end?

Creeture - Apr 24

6 by Creeture »»
Today, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

106 by capyvaraw »»
Yesterday, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

89 by capyvaraw »»
Yesterday, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Nov 18, 2023

133 by ItalianChicken »»
May 18, 9:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.