Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2020 5:52 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at 23:00 (JST)

The thread is now unlocked

I guess I need to do this again since light novel/web novel readers are still doing this:
Concerning spoilers: Just another reminder since this series is getting spoiled to death. Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
DeadlyRavenSep 16, 2020 7:00 AM
Sep 16, 2020 7:00 AM

Jan 2017
DAMN IT! Why can't Emilia get a happy ending for once? This episode literally broke me.
I couldn't see Emilia like this! She is the kindest and most caring person in this world and this is how she is treated?! T_T
She was even abandoned to the rabbits after this? NO!!!!!!!
But man I really wonder, does Subaru even love her? These past episodes seemed more like him abandoning Emilia
completely when she was at her lowest point. Her first trial must be too cruel. This is by far the saddest episode for me in the entire series
This makes me even sadder that Emilia suffered like this EVERY LOOP!

Betty scene was too emotional. It made me somewhat emotional too. And Roswaal scene was good too.
But Emilia's scene was CHILLLLLZZZZZZZZ
She carried the whole episode for me even though she only appeared at the end.
swirlydragonSep 16, 2020 9:37 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Sep 16, 2020 7:01 AM

Nov 2011
Oh damn, Beatrice didn't hold back her feelings in the first half of the episode. Elsa showing up at the library made the situation more complex. She even has her blade ready and didn't wait long to attack.

Meili also showed up with her demon beasts! Definitely not a character to underestimate despite how she looks. The despair continues...

Sep 16, 2020 7:14 AM

Apr 2020
So the book that Beatrice was holding were empty, and Beatrice has been waiting for "that person" for a long time, is the "that person" Beatrice says is Subaru?

Ahh, here we go again, the white rabbit came again, and the scene where Emillia and Subaru kissed, it wasn't very romantic
Sep 16, 2020 7:26 AM
Oct 2015
Shirase-san said:
So the book that Beatrice was holding were empty, and Beatrice has been waiting for "that person" for a long time, is the "that person" Beatrice says is Subaru?

Ahh, here we go again, the white rabbit came again, and the scene where Emillia and Subaru kissed, it wasn't very romantic

because it's not really a romantic scene, that's why the episode title is like that
Sep 16, 2020 7:36 AM

May 2019
In the begining of this episode i was like:

- Ok Subaru, tell Beatrice you are "That Person".

- Right, cut the crap and tell her you are da Person, go go.

- Oh come on, she is a suicidal lolibaba? Whatever, say the words Subaru, and then order her to don't kill herself, simple.

No, no no NO, HURRY SUBARU, tell her YOU ARE THE F* PERSON! That is so,

ELSA: "Hello dipshits, what if i AM that person? ;)"

Sep 16, 2020 7:45 AM

Oct 2017
Another episode full of despair :/
Sep 16, 2020 7:57 AM

Jan 2017
This episode was amazing holy shit. That ending too, my word.
Sep 16, 2020 7:59 AM
Feb 2020
The cliffhanger is killing me, and I don't mind a little bit of spoilers. Does it mean that Elsa and new little girls were also an archbishop similar to Betelguse ? Their power seems surpasses regular superhuman
Sep 16, 2020 7:59 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
That was a lot to unpack in one episode.

First, we got Beatrice saving Subaru like a G.

Then we get Emilia I believe at first I thought she was possessed by Satella I believe now she just went insane. Why that is IDK yet.

https://i.imgur.com/uZ5vkfr.jpg
PendragonX1Sep 16, 2020 8:09 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 16, 2020 8:03 AM

Jul 2014
I think I can post those screenshots from episode 18 now, since they will make sense now, I think.

If you wonder what happened to Subaru's letter, there is a hint in the previous episode.
mozgowSep 16, 2020 8:18 AM
Sep 16, 2020 8:04 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
One of the most emotionally depressing episode so far.

It feels like the next return by death will be the last (of part one anyway). Subaru should have enough information now and enough of a drive to try as hard as he ever had before. Additionally, it is best when a narrative has an upward scale, either of fights or of emotional drama, and since I find it hard for another episode to top this one emotionally, it makes sense for this to be the last one before a breakthrough happens.

As much as I like it, I still feel like the episode count up until now could have been condensed a bit. The exposition dumps don't help much. Even though they are needed, there are better ways of giving audiences information than just dumping it in occasional soliloquies.
anime-primeSep 16, 2020 8:08 AM
Sep 16, 2020 8:06 AM

May 2020
beatrice : subaru i dont feel so good
Sep 16, 2020 8:06 AM

May 2019
YES, THE SHIP SAILED! Subaru-Emilia!

...wait, why nobody is happy for that?

lol

All the way to the 9's.

-----------------------------

Btw, as tribute of this EPIC episode 11, one of the best memes of Re:Zero of this season:

LOL

Rob7Sep 23, 2020 6:26 AM
Sep 16, 2020 8:07 AM
May 2019
Lethena said:
The cliffhanger is killing me, and I don't mind a little bit of spoilers. Does it mean that Elsa and new little girls were also an archbishop similar to Betelguse ? Their power seems surpasses regular superhuman

Nope they're assasins, not wich cultists
Sep 16, 2020 8:07 AM

Oct 2019
Em where do i start? probably one of the best episodes this season wow..the ending? yeap its an isekai and it has scenes like that, really rewarding i should say, i love the dark aspect of the show and the studio did not fail showing us that.
Sep 16, 2020 8:08 AM

Jul 2014
Lethena said:
Elsa is just a hired assassin, but you're right she has some superhuman abilities.
Meili can control the mabeasts.

Neither of them is a Sin Archbishop.
Sep 16, 2020 8:10 AM
Sep 2018
Damn that was amazing and horrific.
Sep 16, 2020 8:10 AM
Aug 2018
That ending was creepy and very uncomfortable to watch. Great show though and seems like the set up for later on will be awesome
Sep 16, 2020 8:11 AM

Jul 2017
Beatrice holding onto her future book of fate like it's "All according to Keikaku"? With Subaru's questioning of her link to the Witches of Sin, her future broke down, and along with it, her own body and soul, a spirit-contract bound girl who longs to be free one day. But right now, she's a lost cause wanting to just die at the hands of Subaru??? To save or kill this innocent spirit girl whom "the person" (which is Subaru) has waited for 400 years...it's fate unwritten in any book.

To make matters worse, Elsa and the other perpetrators have caught up in the new timeline, and Beatrice just in time to force Subaru to Return by Death back to the checkpoint, to which he encounters a totally different Emilia that's tainted.

IS THIS WHAT ROSWAAL MEANT BY "try not to make anymore mistakes next time..." BY KILLING BOTH Ram and Garfiel to silence Subaru with the REAL DEAL of 1 out of 2 Books of the Gospel? To separate both Subaru and Emilia and feeding her off to the witch whilst Subaru only despairs more and more?

The Great Rabbit comes back again to thwart the Sanctuary's trial, and Roswaal is pretty much done of his wish fulfillment to be fed off.

One thing's for sure, Emilia will NOT have a happy ending even after all of this goes away.

AHHH MY MIND TREMBLES IN FEAR!!!
Sep 16, 2020 8:11 AM

Jan 2014
The build up from last week just got fucking destroyed holy shit. Such an intense episode. I thought they weren't gonna do it right away, considering two episodes left, and part 2 is in Jan, but damn. Makes me wonder whats next.
Sep 16, 2020 8:13 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
That was beautifully executed. This episode was just so unforgiving in its emotional blows, landing one after another without pulling any of its punches. It's a testament to how well this season has been directed that it was able to pull off something like that without the emotions falling flat as they so often due when they come one after another. I also have to say that the musical score was superb, especially in the final scene. Same goes for the voice acting.

Overall, this season has felt like watching an approaching train. At the beginning, it seems slow, but as it nears you realize just how fast everything is moving, that the speed is in fact terrifying, even though that was initially difficult to perceive.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Sep 16, 2020 8:14 AM

Feb 2019
This episode is exactly why Re:Zero is peak fiction. They pulled off everything perfectly. Another masterclass from whitefox. I really have no complaints. IMO this is is the best ep yet just due to the sheer amount of revelations.

I’d say we’re about 75 percent done with volume 12 at this point. I loved the direction style they took for the kiss of death scene with the blurry vision aesthetic.

Next week, shit goes down fr.

If I had to come up with one complaint, some scenes didn’t hit like they probably did for most since as a reader, I knew the twists years in advance. Particularly the Beako scene which when reading it made me go “wtf”
Marinate1016Sep 16, 2020 8:21 AM
Sep 16, 2020 8:15 AM

Oct 2015
So can ww finally add horror tag right now ? jk Its so intense episode.
Sep 16, 2020 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
Why did Roswaal want to isolate Emilia? And how does Beatrice and Roswaal's nameless book work to predict the future? Just who are they at all I'm so confused.
I totally thought it was not Emilia but witch of envy back at the trial, she spoke just like her.
Sep 16, 2020 8:17 AM

Aug 2013
The first half with Betty was really emotional. She was just waiting for "that person" for 400 years and just wants to die. I feel for her :'(

Elsa just had to show up again and this time she came with another person, Meili. Who would have thought that little girl would be an assassin controlling beasts?

Ah, the Great Rabbit returns. I wonder how they will get rid of them.

It was hard seeing a broken Emilia.

Sep 16, 2020 8:17 AM

May 2016
This episode is perfection!! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

White Fox pulled through

Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 16, 2020 8:19 AM
Apr 2020
Need a moment to collect my thoughts after that. So much just happened. I'm having trouble deciding what to to think of Roswaal's character lol.

But wow. The emotion in this episode was extreme, and I think I'm gonna have to watch it again to fully take it all in
Sep 16, 2020 8:20 AM

May 2019
My cents:

- Beatrice is a killing machine when she wants, but was no match for Elsa's Kawarimi no Jutsu or whatever was that.

- The situation in the Mansion is close to a Check-Mate. If Petra/Rem stays, they die, if Petra/Rem leave, they die. Elsa and Meili was ready to attack anytime no matter how early Subaru arrives.

- In fact all the situation is a huge Check-Mate. In the Mansion the attack is imminent. In the Sanctuary Roswaal maniac is calling the Rabbits. All at the same time.

- If Subaru leaves the Sactuary, Roswaal starts his plan. If Subaru stays, Elsa/Meili kills Petra e cia.

- At this point, without spoilers, we have to believe that Elsa was hired by Roswaal in order to pression Subaru to reset again over and over, exactly how is happening. "All according the plan"

- And as if all that was not enough, even in a timeline when Emilia was calm in the begin, she can be driven crazy and lose her mind in short time if Subaru is not near.

Probably it will demand a huge Deus Ex Machina from the plot.

Sep 16, 2020 8:21 AM
Nov 2015
BismarkAJH said:
Why did Roswaal want to isolate Emilia?
I totally thought it was not Emilia but witch of envy back at the trial, she spoke just like her.

He is like a doll what he do based the gospel book not by him self.
Sep 16, 2020 8:24 AM

May 2019
Btw i feel when Garfiel tried to heal Ram.

Best ship, i told so.
Sep 16, 2020 8:27 AM

Jan 2019
Prog_upworks13 said:
So can ww finally add horror tag right now ? jk Its so intense episode.

Literally what I was thinking....BRUH, that filter, music and atmosphere....I can't....I'm still processing what happened and I'm still in shock...
E P I C
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?

Oct 2011
swirlydragon said:
DAMN IT! Why can't Emilia get a happy ending for once? This episode literally broke me.
I couldn't see Emilia like this! She is the kindest and most caring person in this world and this is how she is treated?! T_T
She was even abandoned to the rabbits after this? NO!!!!!!!
But man I really wonder, does Subaru even love her? These past episodes seemed more like him abandoning Emilia
completely when she was at her lowest point. Her first trial must be too cruel. This is by far the saddest episode for me in the entire series
This makes me even sadder that Emilia suffered like this EVERY LOOP!

You are raising important points that directly relate to what will happen later in the series. Good work :)

May 2020
Rob7 said:
My cents:

- Beatrice is a killing machine when she wants, but was no match for Elsa's Kawarimi no Jutsu or whatever was that.

- The situation in the Mansion is close to a Check-Mate. If Petra/Rem stays, they die, if Petra/Rem leave, they die. Elsa and Meili was ready to attack anytime no matter how early Subaru arrives.

- In fact all the situation is a huge Check-Mate. In the Mansion the attack is imminent. In the Sanctuary Roswaal maniac is calling the Rabbits. All at the same time.

- If Subaru leaves the Sactuary, Roswaal starts his plan. If Subaru stays, Elsa/Meili kills Petra e cia.

- At this point, without spoilers, we have to believe that Elsa was hired by Roswaal in order to pression Subaru to reset again over and over, exactly how is happening. "All according the plan"

- And as if all that was not enough, even in a timeline when Emilia was calm in the begin, she can be driven crazy and lose her mind in short time if Subaru is not near.

i kinda figured that as well because he said in this ep that u will become like me pretty much saying that he want subaru to lose ihis humanity i suppose but previous ep when subaru was still in the sanctuary the snow still came so how is that possible?
Sep 16, 2020 8:29 AM
Aug 2020
Holy shit, this probably is one of the best episodes for sure.
It's just B-R-U-T-A-L
Sep 16, 2020 8:29 AM

Jul 2014
BismarkAJH said:
Why did Roswaal want to isolate Emilia?
I think it wasn't stated clearly in the anime but Roswaal does everything exactly as it's written in his copy of the Tome of Wisdom. What he did was also written there. At least that's what I thought when I was reading the LN.

BismarkAJH said:
And how does Beatrice and Roswaal's nameless book work to predict the future?
Can' answer that without spoilers. You just have to wait :)

BismarkAJH said:
Just who are they at all I'm so confused.
Beatrice is a great spirit. Roswaal is the greatest mage alive.
Sep 16, 2020 8:32 AM

Jul 2015
It feels like information is pilling but there is no way out. Damn split cours forcing me to wait to get the answers.

Sep 16, 2020 8:35 AM

Jul 2014
Rob7 said:
I hope you will not consider this a spoiler :)

You're missing one piece in this chess game.
mozgowSep 16, 2020 8:58 AM
Sep 16, 2020 8:35 AM

May 2019
PendragonX1 said:
That was a lot to unpack in one episode.

First, we got Beatrice saving Subaru like a G.

Then we get Emilia I believe at first I thought she was possessed by Satella I believe now she just went insane. Why that is IDK yet.

https://i.imgur.com/uZ5vkfr.jpg

The random teleportations in this season are starting to be odd.

So Beako can instant send people to Sanctuary? Ok Subaru, so you can rely on that, run with Petra, Freda and Rem to Beatrice's library, USE THE F* "IM THAT PERSON" (freeding Betty from the Library) and finally, everybody teleports to Sactuary.

Sure, 1st have to deal with Roswaal somehow, or he will start to make it snow to drive Emilia crazy, and unintentionally call the rabbits.

mozgow said:
I think I can post those screenshots from episode 18 now, since they will make sense now, I think.

If you wonder what happened to Subaru's letter, there is a hint in the previous episode.

One thing is not right.

It seems like Ros book is more "updated" than Beako's version.

If Beatrice's book tells nothing new in years, so that time she could not know anything about Subaru's curse. Unless Roswaal is telling her.

Can we assume that the maniac Ros is so confident to the Spirit in the Library? BUT he has a vow forcing he to dont reveal shit.

Seems like a Plot hole.
Sep 16, 2020 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Beatrice dude :(

Roswaal killing Ram was a big surprise.

Garf trying to heal Ram is so cute, yet so sad.

The great rabbit is just as brutal.
Sep 16, 2020 8:36 AM

May 2020
is this ep tops the 'torture' scene lol
Sep 16, 2020 8:37 AM
RevengeCountdown

Mar 2019
11/10 episode.. this will take some time to sink in
EMT

Sep 16, 2020 8:38 AM
Sep 2019
F in the chat for beatrice plus wth happened to emilia man it sucks.
Sep 16, 2020 8:40 AM

Aug 2018
Without spoilers, is this arc gonna continue in season 2 part 2 which airs at January, or is it gonna end this season?

Jul 2014
Natsude_tanaka said:
Rob7 said:
My cents:

i kinda figured that as well because he said in this ep that u will become like me pretty much saying that he want subaru to lose ihis humanity i suppose but previous ep when subaru was still in the sanctuary the snow still came so how is that possible?

He was captured by Garfield for around three days, so maybe Roswall thought Subaru did leave the sanctuary
Sep 2018
AdrianRubinsky said:
It feels like information is pilling but there is no way out. Damn split cours forcing me to wait to get the answers.

Read the novel if you can't wait ;)
Sep 16, 2020 8:42 AM

May 2020
Metallica_Nero said:
Without spoilers, is this arc gonna continue in season 2 part 2 which airs at January, or is it gonna end this season?

i could possible be because subaru in a bit tide situation is i assume there will be a huge cliffhanger
Jul 2018
Damn, I thought this was Emillia possessed by the witch of envy but turns out she lost her mind. She must've suffered so much, and without getting the letter probably thought Subaru left her too. Poor girl.

Each new loop seems more and more impossible than the last.
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What to say... I don't even have the words, this episode was truly a masterpiece, there are still a lot of questions to answer but so far it's incredible
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.