Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 9, 2019 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh love advice. Not only that but the girl is looking to break up with their boyfriend. I love how they adapted the humor of that part with Chika.

Cool to see that they adapted the volleyball chapter too. Chika sells those character expressions so well. Nice to also see the umbrella sharing chapter being animated :o
Feb 9, 2019 6:58 AM

Apr 2015
The adaptation is really good, if not perfect, it really brings the manga to life.

The volleyball chapter is better than I expected and the breaking up chapter introduced detective Chika.

The last chapter with the umbrella reminded me of the Kaguya wanting to walk.

BTW: To manga readers in particular , do not skip the after credits scene, we see 'our guy'.

MxxxstationFeb 9, 2019 8:45 AM
Feb 9, 2019 7:01 AM

Apr 2015
I don't know how they managed to do it but they essentially improved upon every chapter again, especially the Volleyball & Umbrella chapter.

The directing as well as the environmental shots this episode stuck out to me in particular. Since Omata seemed to have been absent last episode I'm sure he was present here.

Also that post ED tease...yes that a direct shot at us manga readers "He's coming, rejoice!"

We're blessed with this adaptation.
Feb 9, 2019 8:25 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always.

Chika may perhaps be the real genius. XD
Oh damn, Kaguya's blushing smile at the end of the first sequence as she looks at Miyuki totally stole my heart. <3

The volleyball segment was so awesome, real Haikyuu vibes. XD
Chika crying at the end saying she raised Miyuki was hilarious.

Kaguya's preparation for the umbrella date though. xD
Wholesome ending to the episode. <3
Feb 9, 2019 8:31 AM

Dec 2017
man, that training montage. fucking hilarious.
Chika definitely going for MVP lmao. also, the voice acting is so funny, love it <з

and that rainy day scene, Kaguya DESTROYS Shirogane with FACTS and LOGIC
and a new guy in the aftercredits? hmm
uninstallthegameFeb 9, 2019 8:35 AM
Feb 9, 2019 8:40 AM

Apr 2016
Come on ... no one can be THAT bad at sports.
Feb 9, 2019 8:44 AM

Apr 2018
yesterday's Domestic Girlfriend episode had left me salty and today I got such a blessing from Kaguya sama. I love both Kaguya and chika from their design to voices everything is just perfect.
Feb 9, 2019 8:47 AM

Apr 2015
ttcchen said:

OUR BOI IS HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how it's almost identical to how he was foreshadowed in the manga

Feb 9, 2019 8:51 AM

Nov 2014
Fappa said:
ttcchen said:

OUR BOI IS HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how it's almost identical to how he was foreshadowed in the manga

Haha the number of people who cares about him is wayyyy more than he thinks.
I'm just surprised that Prez and Kaguya didn't recognize him here.
I guess they're too infatuated with each other lol
Feb 9, 2019 8:55 AM

Apr 2015
ttcchen said:

Haha the number of people who cares about him is wayyyy more than he thinks.
I'm just surprised that Prez and Kaguya didn't recognize him here.
I guess they're too infatuated with each other lol

Yeah they really tried to drive in the point that despite no rain being there at all anymore they walked under the same umbrella all the way home. They simply enjoyed that moment so much.
Feb 9, 2019 8:57 AM

Jul 2012
I think that previous episode was just amazing, but this one is still great!
With the love advice part, i think the VA's are doing such a great job!!! And the whole directing is great! Chika tantei =/
I feel like Volleyball part was more "tragic", but still really good. I feel like Fujiwara was in true despair in manga =/

Little does she know ...

The game with umbrella ... These two are really something. And well some horror stuff

A glimpse for a 4th member!
Feb 9, 2019 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
I can see the Haikyuu memes coming from a mile away.
I'm so freaking glad the umbrella chapter was adapted. Now unto resume my praying that chapter 30 will also be adapted~
Ishigami is almost certain to debut in the next episode, I can't wait! His debut chapter is honestly the funniest chapter in the manga in my opinion.
Feb 9, 2019 9:03 AM

May 2017
Oh my god XDDD I feel connected to Shirogane on a personal level - my coordination is SO bad and volleyball is torture
I need Chika as my trainer too!! (the poor girl ... "I raised that boy" llmfao)
Feb 9, 2019 9:05 AM
Aug 2018
Sushantbro said:
yesterday's Domestic Girlfriend episode had left me salty and today I got such a blessing from Kaguya sama. I love both Kaguya and chika from their design to voices everything is just perfect.

Ahahahah same man, same. Absolutely love the vibes I get from this anime compared to DomeKano.
Feb 9, 2019 9:09 AM

Apr 2018
Crackersauce said:
Sushantbro said:

Ahahahah same man, same. Absolutely love the vibes I get from this anime compared to DomeKano.
I absolute love the concept of this anime. I grin all the time when Kaguya sama says "How cute!" That part is incredible.
Feb 9, 2019 9:09 AM

Feb 2018
hell yeah Mom Fujiwara debut!!!
Next episode: our guy, best boy Ishigami.
this adaptation is so good that I'm almost rewatching it everyday
Feb 9, 2019 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Chiaki was great in this episode. She definatly raised Miyuki.

Feb 9, 2019 9:19 AM

Apr 2017
Thus, I survived another ep of Kaguya huh.. really unwatchable.. I mean... I always risk to take a heart attack for the wholesomeness and the cuteness from this fucking anime..
Feb 9, 2019 9:20 AM

Jul 2016
Great episode, the love detective Chika is cute. The volleyball part is hilarious, Shirogane and Chika training. And last part is wholesome and some romance between Kaguya and Shirogane. Dat last scene tho, the other member appeared this episode.

Feb 9, 2019 9:24 AM
Oct 2018
today's result 🔥❤❤❤❤❤❤
Feb 9, 2019 9:25 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Fujiwara teaching Shirogane chapters are probably the funniest thing from the manga after Ishigami chapters, so that segment of the episode was a blast! The other segments were great too.

That Ishigami tease at the end!! Next episode can't come any sooner!!
Feb 9, 2019 9:33 AM

Nov 2007
Birth of Rabu Tantei Chika √
Birth of Fujimom √
Chika's Chaos Continues √
Enter Our Boi Yuu √

And how can anything top this cuteness:

Such a perfect episode!

This anime is bordering masterpiece territory right now when we are not even halfway the season!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 9, 2019 9:48 AM

Feb 2018
she's all proud and shit saying "i raised that boy" and then "yeah, well, i'll never do it again"
chiaki is def the best, i love her so much

"how about i borrow half of it?" ♥(ノ´∀`)
Feb 9, 2019 9:58 AM

Mar 2017
"Miyuki Shirogane want's to show off" - I really wanted to see this chapter get adapted and boy they did a great job adapting it. This chapter was important to develop the chemistry between Chika and Shirogane.

Also sharing the same umbrella was a great moment.
They showed Ishigami's back after the ending theme. We'll see him in the next episode then.
Feb 9, 2019 9:58 AM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:

This anime is bordering masterpiece territory right now when we are not even halfway the season!
Its really crazy how nearly perfect an adaptation it is, makes me all the more adamant this shit needs multiple seasons cause this staff needs to bring stuff like ishigami's sport festival arc and THAT chapter that happened a couple weeks ago. I'm also curious with how fujiwara generally the most unpopular character in manga ended up becomming one of the main draws for alot of people in the anime, it makes me wonder if the anime would end up turning around the generally (unjustly)unpopular miko at all or if the poor girl is destined to be disliked by half the readerbase.

Minar-kyun said:
"Miyuki Shirogane want's to show off" - I really wanted to see this chapter get adapted and boy they did a great job adapting it. This chapter was important to develop the chemistry between Chika and Shirogane.
You call it chemistry, I call it a woman's tragic development of post-traumatic stress disorder.
JizzyHitlerFeb 9, 2019 10:02 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 9, 2019 10:02 AM

Jun 2017
After the first few episodes I went and read the manga and I gotta say, it's even better after reading the manga. I can't wait to see the next episode, I wanna see best boi animated.
Feb 9, 2019 10:12 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Perfect episode, just like the previous four before this too!

Looks like it’s time for a seasonal change of clothes and unsurprising it’s also a big relief for Chika xD. Kaguya keeping a very close at Chika’s cleavage there in envy was hilarious!

Back to dealing with love affairs. Earlier it was the inexperienced and idealistic Shirogane but now the serious and again inexperienced Kaguya, xD the differences in their approaches are really hilarious too! Lol @ Kaguya’s “Or so my friend says, it’s not me at all.”, it totally got me laughing out loud, god she was just so cute listing all those things thatve made her head over heels for Shirogane. Another detail I really found ridiculous was that the female this time who we’re already familiar with for another hialrious reason is this time in fact in search of a smooth break up advice. Lol, “I was expecting a step or two behind”, just summarised it totally. But then of course, we got to see Llve Detective Chika and boy those were some top-notch advices xD. Kaguya was oddly more infuriated lmao. Chika coming up with the mortal enemy being noneother than Society was hialrious, I was with Kaguya there thinking it’d be a moot issue such as entrance exam or something of the sort instead. Ah, Chika is just unpredictable. Final scenes of them fighting society in their own way was hilarious to see, thanks again to that short convo between the girls. But of course the spotlight for that has to go to Shirogane’s actions causing Kaguya to skip a heart beat there, loved it!

Thirdly, that glorious training montage! Shirogane id absolutely despicable at volleyball but good thing Chika was there to save the day. Lmao, her serve there would just about give the impression that she can at least get it to the other side in an actual match but Shirogane’s ground-breaking moment of realisation their was hilarious! Two days and the serve was perfected, but little did she know that he’d just as clueless in tossing and fending off attacks xD. Shirogane saying those words to the ball in his sleep was a really short but hilarious addition too. “I raised that boy.” totally killed me, good lord. Kaguya astonished by his gameplay was a treat to watch already but then this just kicked in and made the whole scene so much more enjoyable. Loved it! Looks like she’ll never be in to coaching in the future at the very least, lmao. At least she managed to take Shirogane to a whole new level, probably even surpassing hers by a mile.

Lastly, it was finally time for the infamous umbrella chapter and boy did it deliver! Glad to see so many manga readers in unison praising this show too, how often do we even see that happen continuously over the course of 5 weeks? Hopefully, it’ll last for all of these 12 episodes! Anyway, getting back to the story, a lot more psychology again. Kaguya really had the upper hand there by a distance by maintaining a very thorough and precise preparation. Damn, that takes some effort! But lol, there’s always Chika there to bring in the unpredictability factor into play. Kaguya was so gutted and disappointed lmao. Some really intense facial expressions throughout the section too, great stuff! Finally, Shirogane giving in and the two finally getting to experience some lovey-dovey moments was so heartwarming. xD, they were still sharing the umbrella after the rain.

Great episode! I could probably go on and on listing everything that caught my attention in this episode(and they were a hell lot!), but I’ll just end it here. Eagerly looking forward to the next episode and finally meeting with our fourth Council Member! Lot of hype around him, can’t wait to see why!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 9, 2019 10:14 AM

Mar 2017
JizzyHitler said:

Minar-kyun said:
You call it chemistry, I call it a woman's tragic development of post-traumatic stress disorder.
Yeah. That's the best way to put it xD
Feb 9, 2019 10:30 AM

Dec 2009
CHIKA! YOU GODDAMN RETARDED FUCKING GENIUS LOOL

She may not be particularly well learned, but she is pure and unusually wise. I will fight anyone who tries to tell me Chika is dumb, cuz i call bullshit, it's a farce, a red herring. She's brilliance in the guise of of a a derpy girl.

Fucking glorious anime. Never laughed this hard this much in any show in forever 😂

What a charming development at the end~ 💕

Lelouch0202 said:
Chika may perhaps be the real genius. XD
This is what i keep saying, and people keep fighting me on it lolol

...She out-maneuvers them at ever turn, outwits them, hits them at their perfect weaknesses, solves every problem. "She is chaotic and unpredictable" sounds more like an excuse to cover for Miyuki's and Kaguya's egos LOL
(It doesn't seem as unpredictable to me, seems more like a joker, plays the fool, but manipulates everything she comes across whimsically and without care)
If anything she's doing it all in the way that is the most fun for her.

(ps: i am aware that she hasn't clued into the 2 of them liking eachother, cuz if she had they'd probably be together already because Chika op wingwoman)

JizzyHitler said:
I'm also curious with how fujiwara generally the most unpopular character in manga ended up becomming one of the main draws for alot of people in the anime, it makes me wonder if the anime would end up turning around the generally (unjustly)unpopular miko at all or if the poor girl is destined to be disliked by half the readerbase.
Some characters just need to come to life in animation to show their true potential. Perhaps people were, as readers, seeing her in a more mechanical sense, and being annoyed by her meddlesome actions, not imagining her actual behaviour in it's full extent. I dunno, from what i've seen people have been loving and anticipating Chika's shenanigans to be adapted, so maybe this is just limited exposure to more critical crowds on your part.

To me, while her actions can be seen as technically very annoying, especially with a western cultural filter in one's head, her behaviour is so adorably charming and whimsical, that none of her potentially annoying actions come off as annoying - in short, she sells it well (and so does her seiyuu).
GenesisAriaFeb 9, 2019 10:48 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 9, 2019 10:33 AM
Nov 2018
These two guys are so funny.
Kaguya is quite a schemer, especially for this umbrella plan lol.
Although she went so far as to deflat her own car tires, she doesnt win a single match today. xD
I guess new character will appear in next week ep.

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Feb 9, 2019 10:44 AM

Apr 2016
Fujiwara's greatness ! The part with the volley-ball training is one of the many reason why I love this character. How she destroyed Shinomiya's strategic advantage is another one.
Feb 9, 2019 10:46 AM
Apr 2016
Damn the animation this episode was insane, especially when Kaguya verbally countered Shirogane hahaha... The first volleyball half was great, refreshed my memories about Haikyuu...
Feb 9, 2019 10:49 AM

Mar 2016
The couple that was formed thanks to Shirogane almost got destroyed this episode. lol.

Shirogane's baseball practice was one of my favourite training scenes in anime.

I knew Chika would ruin Kaguya's plan, but it was still funny.

The guy from the opening will finally show up next episode, I think. Eventhough he hasn't appeared yet, I already love him because of the opening.
Feb 9, 2019 10:50 AM

Apr 2011
The incarnation of chaos, "best mom" Fujiwara, strikes again.

Also, that after-ED. He's coming. Best boi is coming.
Feb 9, 2019 10:53 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
LMFAO "I raised this boy myself". Man, this show is just pitch perfect, easily the best show this season.

JizzyHitler said:
Its really crazy how nearly perfect an adaptation it is, makes me all the more adamant this shit needs multiple seasons cause this staff needs to bring stuff like ishigami's sport festival arc and THAT chapter that happened a couple weeks ago.

Kaguya's chapter 136 is easily the best thing I have ever read in my entire life.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 9, 2019 10:55 AM
Sep 2018
WOOHOO! OUR BOY IS HERE! ISHIGAMI'S DEBUT WILL FINALLY BEGIN NEXT WEEK!
Feb 9, 2019 10:56 AM

Nov 2016
Chika is awesome, period. And this anime as well, easily my favorite good time comedy since Hinamatsuri.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 9, 2019 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
My hype for the volleyball episode was crazy and as everything so far it sure as hell lived up to my expectations, "I raised that boy", well done Fujiwara, well done.

That umbrella sharing, hnggg.

The 10 secs after the credits, it's happening mates!
Feb 9, 2019 11:16 AM

Sep 2011
GenesisAria said:

JizzyHitler said:
I'm also curious with how fujiwara generally the most unpopular character in manga ended up becomming one of the main draws for alot of people in the anime, it makes me wonder if the anime would end up turning around the generally (unjustly)unpopular miko at all or if the poor girl is destined to be disliked by half the readerbase.
Some characters just need to come to life in animation to show their true potential. Perhaps people were, as readers, seeing her in a more mechanical sense, and being annoyed by her meddlesome actions, not imagining her actual behaviour in it's full extent. I dunno, from what i've seen people have been loving and anticipating Chika's shenanigans to be adapted, so maybe this is just limited exposure to more critical crowds on your part.

To me, while her actions can be seen as technically very annoying, especially with a western cultural filter in one's head, her behaviour is so adorably charming and whimsical, that none of her potentially annoying actions come off as annoying - in short, she sells it well (and so does her seiyuu).
That maybe true to a certain extent, but I think its much more simply just this stuff is adapting stuff from over a 100 chapters ago and since then the series has evolved alot alongside its characters, but as a result fujiwara kind of ends up getting left in the dust since shes never really had anything resembling a character arc where as the other "3" main characters have undergone a fair amount of character development and relationship building as well as flexing some more dramatic moments, which is in addition to just generally being pretty funny too with their new dynamics. I hope that does sound like a turn off at least for people that like her given that im essentially saying if you like her now your not gonna dislike her later.

I think if the series gets more seasons to adapt some of the later moments the popularity is probably gonna shift back to the other "3", especially ishigami who sadly isn't gonna get his glorious time to shine unless a s2 happens so i expect almost every anime-only to wonder what the hell the hype is about with that guy. Having the context of 3 plus years of chapters, tonal shifts, and experimentation with the premise versus adapting roughly 36/137 chapters kind of gives a skewed outlook to someone just watching the anime, which is why i think the anime was so vastly overated at first only for people to be kind of let down to a degree by the first episode not being the hottest shit and the score tanking along with it about 50 points

cchigu said:

JizzyHitler said:
Its really crazy how nearly perfect an adaptation it is, makes me all the more adamant this shit needs multiple seasons cause this staff needs to bring stuff like ishigami's sport festival arc and THAT chapter that happened a couple weeks ago.

Kaguya's chapter 136 is easily the best thing I have ever read in my entire life.
It is probably my favorite moment in any romance manga, to those curious though seriously dont look it up, thats a moment you want to expereince the way its intended not jumping ahead.
JizzyHitlerFeb 9, 2019 11:25 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 9, 2019 11:16 AM

May 2015
The volleyball part was hilarious, I hope they animate more chapters of Fujiwara teaching Shirogane how to do stuff. We need to see more of her raising her boy.

Ishigami next episode!! Our lord and saviour has finally risen. Now I just have to hope this gets a season two at some point so we can see Iino animated and have the whole StuCo.

♡ artist
サコ
Feb 9, 2019 11:26 AM
Mar 2016
finally the real protagonist appear
the Harem King Ishigami!
Feb 9, 2019 11:26 AM

Oct 2013
Awesome episode! Comedy is written big! Love the volleyball scene. Kaguya is kinda cute. The moment with the umbrella gave me a big smile.
My only regret is having regrets!
Feb 9, 2019 11:32 AM
Mar 2015
Fujiwara needs an award. Best Costume for the detective. Best Coach for his volleyball and supplier of umbrellas to 2 people who can't admit they have an umbrella
Feb 9, 2019 11:33 AM

Nov 2018
The volleyball scene reminded me of Haikyuu so much, was it on purpose haha.
Nice episode, liked the last skit the most. "I am the one who raised that boy" was funny as well.
Feb 9, 2019 11:36 AM
Aug 2016
Chika carries this anime. I would have dropped it already if not for her. What an amazing character. The amount of hype she's generating is astonishing and deserving.
Feb 9, 2019 11:56 AM
Feb 2019
the way chika is described as a joker card in the op, reflects really well on the last battle in ep 5 lol.
all of kaguya's planning overturned by her simple prescence.
the ending was cute tho

also +ishigami probably has one of my favourite character arcs ever. look forward to him
shyushuqFeb 9, 2019 12:00 PM
Feb 9, 2019 11:59 AM
Feb 2016
My god I'm loving this show so much

I laughed at the volleyball part so much it was gold. Good for him though getting that good in a week. Wish I could do that too lol
Feb 9, 2019 12:06 PM

Sep 2014
This series is so cute and funny, I can't get enough of it. Honestly, I have no idea how the score is still sitting at just 8.11. Not only that, everyone who's read the manga says it gets even better (significantly so from what I've heard) after the chapters this season will adapt.
Feb 9, 2019 12:09 PM

Mar 2016
Saints_Row said:
Chika carries this anime. I would have dropped it already if not for her. What an amazing character. The amount of hype she's generating is astonishing and deserving.

It's funny because next week appears the character who will truly carry the show. And literally every manga reader can relate.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is it just me or do you guys also find fujiwara annoying?

FruitPunchBaka - 6 hours ago

24 by JaysonNnN »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2019

270 by otakuanity »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

207 by otakuanity »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

256 by otakuanity »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

199 by otakuanity »»
Yesterday, 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.