Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2016 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see Beatrice enter the show. About time. Glad to see Ram and Rem appear as well

I thought the episode was nice, we see Emilia more casually. I like some of these new characters introduced in particular Beatrice. Not sure how I feel about Roswaal yet though. Subaru is also getting well in the new world. Nice start for the new arc :D

Apr 24, 2016 9:34 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
A new arc starts! Subaru woke up and he's in some mansion-looking place. Well, at least he wasn't walking in circles. Lol, that curly-haired loli did some stuff to Subaru back there. We also get Rem and Ram introduced in this episode and they're a silly bunch. Lol, some exercise is good too. I can recognize Koyasu Takehito's voice even if I'm deaf! Great to see that he's Roswaal. It's about time Subaru got clothes that matches the setting. That was a nice conversation between Subaru and Emilia. Oh crap, there's no wounds on his hands. Did he go back in time?!

A more of a laid-back episode compared to the previous ones, but still a good episode. It shouldn't be long until sh*t hits the fan again.

4/5
GoldenDevilGamerApr 24, 2016 9:50 AM
Apr 24, 2016 9:38 AM

Dec 2014
New characters, new arc. Nice to see Rem(& Ram) animated :D

and that cliffhanger was there as expected. This is going to be another long, long..journey for Subaru.
Apr 24, 2016 9:40 AM

Oct 2014
Is it out in English yet? can't wait to watch it
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Apr 24, 2016 9:48 AM

Apr 2015
Here is our tame and laid back episode or how I love to call it "Gakkou Gurashi on steroids"

I hope the cliffhanger at the end shows people that this was just a breather episode for what's to come.

Also can we talk about how amazing the background art is and how consistent the character art is even at non close up shots?

That one scene when they all sit at the table and we see a shot from afar. The floor and the reflexion of light looks so freaking good.
Apr 24, 2016 10:17 AM

Dec 2015
So do they get a lof of screentime - those Beatrice and Ram and Rem? From the char design they don't seem like they would be chars I could like.

But I still need to watch episode 4. Hopefully they won't get enough screentime. More of Reinhard. And most importantly: More background info - especially about that insignia. If they won't give more background info or something to keep it interesting - apart from the fights - I'll have to drop it since that would be to slow paced for my tastes.

Hm ... screenshots above already look like there'll be only boring stuff. Might as well already drop it and wait until it is finished to decide later - when it has been fully aired - if it is worth when the full plot/story is known. (I'm one of these people that don't hate spoilers. In fact it can make it more interesting if you know something interesting is going to happen. But would need the show to be finished/completely ared already. I mean there are people that know the source material but we won't know how much will get adapted.)
Apr 24, 2016 10:25 AM

Apr 2015
@Luthandorius

You know episode 1-3 was basically the prologue and this is the start of the second arc where the story starts to kick in as well as the stuff that is characteristic for Re:Zero. Obviously this was a breather episode and the calm before the storm. But when I read all the doubts and opinions you have then you're better off continuing in 2 weeks or once it has finished airing. It's still a 2 cour show that seems to follow the LN really faithfully hence the slower pace at start.

I mean I could give you a little insight on the story when that helps. And we source material reader know how far this will get adapted so no worries. You would have to PM me though.
FappaApr 24, 2016 10:31 AM
Apr 24, 2016 10:29 AM
Jul 2015
Luthandorius said:
So do they get a lof of screentime - those Beatrice and Ram and Rem? From the char design they don't seem like they would be chars I could like.

But I still need to watch episode 4. Hopefully they won't get enough screentime. More of Reinhard. And most importantly: More background info - especially about that insignia. If they won't give more background info or something to keep it interesting - apart from the fights - I'll have to drop it since that would be to slow paced for my tastes.
Hm ... screenshots above already look like there'll be only boring stuff. Might as well already drop it and wait until it is finished to decide later - when it has been fully aired - if it is worth when the full plot/story is known. (I'm one of these people that don't hate spoilers. In fact it can make it more interesting if you know something interesting is going to happen. But would need the show to be finished/completely ared already. I mean there are people that know the source material but we won't know how much will get adapted.)

next episode will interesting and "gore"

Apr 24, 2016 10:37 AM

Jul 2014
Beautiful pacing as usual, I love how fcking laid back Subaru is, and Emilia with different clothes <3

That cliffhanger was expected and amazingly done! I seriously love this series! by far my anime of the season.
Apr 24, 2016 10:56 AM

Feb 2015
Yup, Bea-ko is my favorite. This confirms it.
Apr 24, 2016 10:59 AM

Jul 2012
We're onto a new 'save point' finally. It's great seeing the kind of character Subaru is. I liked watching him and Emilia get closer, they're so cute. :p Counting pucks made me laugh so hard.
4/5

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Apr 24, 2016 11:01 AM

Jan 2015
That Twin Maids may be cute, but hearing them talk is truly bothersome.
So basically the Maid just said thing, and it's "twin" is repeat the word with some change but same meaning. Even it seem that sometime they say exactly same word.
And Beatrice... Despite being her attitude toward, she surely is a kind person. She's just shy, that's all. LOL
Oh my, another cliffhanger. Didn't expect that will happen again. Meh
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 24, 2016 11:01 AM

Sep 2015
Yay the OP is back !!
another great episode, damn that cliffhanger
Apr 24, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2015
Holy shit, I love the new characters (well not Roswell tho)! They are all amusing to watch!
Beatrice is my favorite new character.

This episode made me laugh more than the comedies of this season lol.

Wtf dat cliffhanger, who killed him in the night? Roswaal?

5/5

@Luthandorius My gosh, at least watch the episode before shitposting
XenocrisiApr 24, 2016 11:07 AM
Apr 24, 2016 11:05 AM

Nov 2014
FUCK THAT ENDING!
IS SUBARU GOING TO HAVE TO REDO THAT DAY OVER AND OVER IN DESPAIR AND DESPERATION?
Hi there
Apr 24, 2016 11:09 AM

Jul 2014
I laughed hard at this:

That cliffhanger thou. Someone killed Subaru in his sleep?

Xenocrisi said:
Holy shit, I love the new characters (well not Roswell tho)! They are all amusing to watch!
Beatrice is my favorite new character.
She's my favourite new character too :-)
But what did she do to Subaru?

Xenocrisi said:
This episode made me laugh more than the comedies of this season lol.
Same here :-)
I laugh a lot in this episode but I know it just calm before the storm.
mozgowApr 24, 2016 11:24 AM
Apr 24, 2016 11:13 AM

Jan 2015
LN readers, will we see Felt again? Without spoilers, thanks.
Apr 24, 2016 11:14 AM
Sarcastic-Cunt

Mar 2014
kyle8998 said:
FUCK THAT ENDING!
IS SUBARU GOING TO HAVE TO REDO THAT DAY OVER AND OVER IN DESPAIR AND DESPERATION?
ofc since Despair & Misery is what Re:Zero is all about :v
Apr 24, 2016 11:19 AM
Apr 2015
The episode was ok of course the animation was very good like always but i feel that the episode was really rushed
Apr 24, 2016 11:23 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Great pacing, it seems like again. We get to know Ram, Rem, Betty and Roswaal. I like Rem the most.

Subaru and Emilia get closer, that was a wonderful scene.

Subaru got killed in his sleep! WHY?!
Apr 24, 2016 11:23 AM

Dec 2014
WTF, why Subaru just die in the midnight. GOD cliffhanger!
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 24, 2016 11:25 AM

Apr 2015
Daimao-san said:
The episode was ok of course the animation was very good like always but i feel that the episode was really rushed

Well it really wasn't. The've done everything right with the pacing. It's just that the story itself a sped up a bit because all he did those 4 days was learning all the work at the mansion except the few scenes we saw.
Apr 24, 2016 11:26 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Not a bad light hearted episode =o

I really like how great Subaru's interactions with everyone in this series is and I must say that I really like Rem and her sister....Betty is okay too and is nowhere near as annoying as I thought she was going to be

Best moments for me were definitely with Emilia who looked and just was cute as fuck throughout this entire episode and also with Puck (That scene with Subaru cuddling with him was too adorable lol)

The owner of the house is shady as fuck so I dunno how I feel about him....Especially after that meeting he had with Nee-san.... And dat cliffhanger, God damn poor Subaru O_O
TokoyaApr 24, 2016 12:09 PM
Apr 24, 2016 11:26 AM
Jul 2015
Xenocrisi said:

I don't read LN but I've saw her on volume 8 cover :D

Apr 24, 2016 11:27 AM
Apr 2015
Fappa said:
Daimao-san said:

Well it really wasn't. The've done everything right with the pacing. It's just that the story itself a sped up a bit because all he did those 4 days was learning all the work at the mansion except the few scenes we saw.
well i belive that it was rushed maybe its just me cuz i waited like crazy for this episode
Apr 24, 2016 11:28 AM
Apr 2015
machixmachi said:
Xenocrisi said:

I don't read LN but I've saw her on volume 8 cover :D
she is on the cover of the third part of the manga
Apr 24, 2016 11:28 AM

May 2012
First thing first. Those twins are so cute.

Good episode. Got to meet a good handful of characters. Really low the twins Ram and Rem. The drill loli is fun also.

That cliffhanger was so unexpected. I thought they just moved him to the same bedroom, but to my surprise he started that whole day over. I thought that only happened when he died. Sucks cause he was really looking forward to his date.

Can't wait for next week.
Apr 24, 2016 11:30 AM

Aug 2015
Subaru revived again? A murder late night in the mansion? It was Betty, in the library, with the candlestick.
Apr 24, 2016 11:30 AM
Jul 2015
Daimao-san said:
Fappa said:

well i belive that it was rushed maybe its just me cuz i waited like crazy for this episode

Not really, could be because you watched the beginning then you realized that it's already the end of the episode. It's just that good that you lost track of your own time.
Apr 24, 2016 11:32 AM

Sep 2011
kyle8998 said:
FUCK THAT ENDING!

The OP song name says it all.

Well, I really liked this episode, it had to be like this. I have to say I didn't see that cliffhanger coming, but I guess if I paid more attention or put more thought into what could happen, I would've realized it earlier.

I'm just dying to see the ED visuals, I don't know why, but I just want to see it. Another painful week of waiting...
Apr 24, 2016 11:33 AM
Apr 2015
BlackPunisher76 said:
Daimao-san said:

Not really, could be because you watched the beginning then you realized that it's already the end of the episode. It's just that good that you lost track of your own time.
yes that what i was talking about i hate when it happens
Apr 24, 2016 11:34 AM
Aug 2009
kyle8998 said:
FUCK THAT ENDING!

Except it wasn't just a day but several, isn't it?

Tokoya said:
And dat cliffhanger, God damn poor Subaru O_O

At least it was painless for him this time.
Apr 24, 2016 11:37 AM

Nov 2015
I was waiting for the cliffhanger as usual and it delivered as per the expectation.
Subaru in that mansion asking to be a maid was funny and his interaction with Beatrice was funny too.
Roswaal is one shady character though, something fishy going on with him.
Emilia and Subaru make a natural connection and they are surely are for the big game up.
For a two cour show this show might be taking time but I still feel it could have been a little more careful with its pacing though.

Apr 2013
I quite enjoyed this episode and getting introduced to all the new characters, especially the two maids and their teasing. Also, every time I see Emilia smile I can hear my heart go Doki-Doki. Poor Subaru was looking forward to his date with Emilia, he even had to count Pucks to fall asleep XD
Jul 2018
I'm just surprised nobody wants to ask him how he knew about the whole thing. Also great episode.
Apr 2015
Deathless said:
kyle8998 said:
FUCK THAT ENDING!

Except it wasn't just a day but several, isn't it?
yes it was 4 days
Tokoya said:
And dat cliffhanger, God damn poor Subaru O_O

At least it was painless for him this time.
this time .......
Apr 24, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 2015
Damn, all that experience is gone again, must be horrifying.

This anime doesn't seem to need ED visuals lmao, with that good of a theme to perfectly timed and fit into the last minutes of the show. Can't wait for next week.

He must have died out of excitement for his date with Emilia-tan, like literally.
BlackPunisher76Apr 24, 2016 11:44 AM
Apr 24, 2016 11:39 AM
Apr 2014
Someone killed him in his sleep? wow.
Man this show is captivating even though the concept sounds incredibly repetitive, hopefully they show us other angles and possibilities next episode.
Apr 24, 2016 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
Subaru is bad at doing house chores.

That cliffhanger, I wonder who killed him in his sleep!
Apr 24, 2016 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
Just when I thought this was a pure and simple breather of an episode after the tension of last week, THAT cliffhanger comes right out of nowhere. I mean, with how excited he was getting about the next day he was practically raising a massive death flag, but it still caught me by surprise. I bet Roswaal played a part in his death; he's way too shady for there not to be something going on there.
Apr 24, 2016 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
The pacing was perfect. I'm glad they didn't spread the events of this episode into two because it would have been a waste of time.

Even though I know what happens, it still pains me to see all the development Subaru has with the people in the mansion get reset. There were some genuinely beautiful moments in the episode now they're all gone.
Apr 24, 2016 11:47 AM

Dec 2014
Emilia I like it
Emilia-tan I like it
Lia I like it
EMA I like it

Subaru is right "Whoever picked that outfit totally gets it!!"
Emilia is just too adorable <3 (I need help)

Fun episode Overall, Really loving this show.
That cliffhanger ending though :o
It does look like he was killed in his sleep, Wonder who did it though :o
Apr 24, 2016 11:48 AM

Aug 2010
Subaru was too much fun this ep

Breaking into Betty's cross dimensional doors like nothing, calling her Drill loli and her getting annoyed even tho she doesn't know what it means. The "BAKANA MAIDu outfits exist here"
And his interactions with Puck were lol Dem fur handling skills

I totally wanna pat a Puck. Looks so soft. The Betty scenes with Puck were cute esp the one when she was feeding him and playing with him in bed XD

Loving Rem and her Oneesama. The "Don't make weird sounds Fuyukai des" was lol

And the Emilia scene was definitely sweet....

But then the ending happened. F***! What triggered the reset O_o Was he killed in his sleep? All the interactions throughout the whole week were erased OTL
Apr 24, 2016 11:53 AM
Nov 2015
The ending was pretty shocking considering how light and fun the rest of the episode was. I wonder what happened, was Subaru killed in his sleep?
Apr 24, 2016 11:56 AM
Dec 2013
I always loved the concept of Ground Hog day. 5/5
Apr 24, 2016 11:56 AM

Jul 2012
Well, that's enough of this show and the excessive amount of unneeded comic relief.
Apr 24, 2016 12:01 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, didn't expect the end.
I think he was killed while sleeping, that's why he rewinded 5 day.
pterozApr 24, 2016 12:31 PM
Apr 24, 2016 12:03 PM
Oct 2010
Dat tsun-loli, another interesting episode got to love the cliffhangy ending, i wish i hadnt started reading the manga before finding out about the anime, but atleast its not too far ahead
Apr 24, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2015
Cliffhanger in every episode is going to drive me nuts. Release all eps at once!
Apr 24, 2016 12:06 PM

Feb 2015
great episode defiantly one of the best series this season. The comedy is much better than Stray Dogs and doesn't hinder the story.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

589 by ShadowkillZ »»
1 hour ago

» What happened to Emilia’s votes?

KillLaKillGOAT - May 29

7 by Phloup »»
May 29, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

1373 by kakaronie »»
May 28, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1723 by AnimatedAddict »»
May 26, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

617 by AnimatedAddict »»
May 26, 9:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.