Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 20, 1:49 AM
Feb 2015
it funny that Jinshi really buy her from the brothel, also what's gonna happen to her, will she return to rear palace?
Jan 21, 3:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Maomao back at home... but of course Jinshi couldn't support it xD Nice to see he quickly bought her back already
Jan 23, 4:00 PM

Aug 2020
Well the camerawork in Maomao's running scene wasn't beautiful.
Jan 27, 4:22 PM
Sep 2020
Love ittttt very much
Jan 29, 5:39 AM

Jul 2023
And so finishes the first cour, and I'll be able to catch up pretty quick. It's so enjoyable to watch that I'm eager to watch the next one right after

Anyway, it's kind of like a transition episode for lack of a better term.

猫猫, being connected to the family of the executed lady-in-waiting, was one of those laid off. She went back to the brothel, then accompanied her courtesan friends, then met again Jinshi.

She reflected on her time on the rear palace. At the end of the episode, she was bought back, and a new chapter begins, a new adventure back in the rear palace, or is it elsewhere?
patkarununganJan 29, 5:43 AM
Feb 4, 4:46 PM

Sep 2014
So they let go of everyone who happens to be "related" to a family who happens to have business with Fengmings family?
This is china allright, never in lack of people.

Even though they knew Maomao was kidnapped? Are they retarded?

And why does she have to repay a loan? Does she actually have a tab at the brothel because she introduced that officer?

NGL I really dislike how Gaoshun keeps referring to her as a toy or tool.
Comander-07Feb 4, 4:55 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 7, 6:52 PM

Aug 2022
That indirect kiss scene was so cute ❤️ It was like a classic romcom misunderstanding, with the two saying the wrong things and misreading each other's intentions... I'm just glad Jinshi has finally realized that the way to Maomao's heart is through herbs. Even better if they're poisonous, lol.
And now it seems Jinshi's got to keep an eye out for unsolicited bachelors in the Outer Court, given how Maomao is catching attention, as shown in the next episode's preview.
A bit of overprotectiveness on Jinshi's part could be pretty cute, though, so I'm completely open to it lol 😆😍
Feb 14, 9:12 PM

Nov 2011
Okay, not to be a manga purist because I think this is actually a really decent adaptation, but I liked the framing in Chapter 20 a little more, especially with Jinshi sitting on the ground instead of on a chair. His indirect kiss comes across as more impulsive and childish, reaching up to touch her, and innocently smiling at her while hugging his knees, whereas the anime feels more like "hey girl, I'm going to rizz you up, just watch me." Also, I miss the panel of MaoMao turning into an embarrassed little kitty cat when her sisters catch them flirting.

I don't hate it. Just could've been bit cuter imo.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Feb 24, 3:24 PM
Jul 2018

No wonder he fell for her, she's so cute. Even if, a bit insane , that dance x) I know she's supposed to be not very cute if she's wearing the freckles but because of that she actually looks a lot cuter than most female anime chars lol^"

he probably could have saved quite some money if he just didn't fire her though^"
Mar 2, 12:22 AM

Oct 2013
Oi oi oi, Jinshi! How could you interpret Maomao's words in this way... :/ Good that he decided to fix his mistakes and bring Maomao back to the Inner Palace. At least it looked like this. I hope this was really, REALLY the reason of bringing a pile of gold and a rare ingredient. ;D Now I'm not sure anymore about Jinshi's reasoning, lol.
Mar 23, 3:04 AM
Mar 2024
Well written women, I like.
Mar 25, 2:09 AM

Jun 2020
What a god tier episode!!

I wasn't expecting Maomao to actually get fired bruh 🤦‍♂️ Still it led to some great scenes like her panic frenzy and also later meeting Jinshi as she's all dolled up. I'm glad that Jinshi showed up to buy her back, honestly I am really starting to like him a lot and a romance is not too unbelievable anymore.

Apr 4, 7:04 AM

May 2018
This is how you should make recaps. Just a brief recollection, instead of wasting a whole episode like they usually do in anime.

Apr 9, 5:29 AM

Jul 2013
Slow episode also, why didn't they show the reactions of Maomao's friends when she was fired?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Does this ever get good? ( 1 2 )

El_Jiro - Jun 13

65 by BetaMaleUltra »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

205 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 13, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

90 by grandy_UiD »»
Jun 13, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 4, 2023

158 by Anshika_Sh »»
Jun 10, 10:36 AM

» What year does apothecary diary takes place?

hercules28 - Apr 12

5 by bryanyuchen »»
Jun 9, 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.