Forum Settings
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 9, 2020 6:51 PM
Nov 2008
Absolute garbage for idiots or zoomers. Enjoy being in that league if you rated it higher than 1.
Apr 9, 2020 7:49 PM

Feb 2014
That was good. 7/10

What happens to Sylvia? She will be revived?
Apr 10, 2020 5:34 AM

Jul 2009
Megumin and Yunyun's time to shine...it was fun to watch, Kazuma like always deserve to be called "garbage"
Apr 10, 2020 10:52 AM

Feb 2017
Was a blast watching this. Rarely fun movie.
Apr 10, 2020 5:36 PM

Jun 2017
The adaptation was great, even if i missed some things here and there

Had such a good time watching this..and as always, VAs did a fantastic job
Apr 11, 2020 2:16 PM

Feb 2015
The movie was entertaining, from the beginning to the end. This time Yunyun received a letter from her hometown, they went there only to discover that it was all a joke, but despite that, we met Megumin’s family and discovered that the Crimson Demons (Megumin’s clan) is constantly attacked without success by the Demon Lord’s forces, their leader, Sylvia, has been seeking for a power, so she (or he), kidnapped Kazuma, who surprisingly could help her achieve her goal and fiercely attack the Crimson Demons, but the clan could stop her with Wiz’s help. If you’re looking for that ecchi and original comedy from Konosuba, you’re gonna have a great time, the movie is funny and full of good scenes, Yuyun’s letter, Kazuma’s trauma with the ogres, Sylvia’s constant fails, Megumin’s family and Sylvia’s gender as a trap. It is all full of great animation and powerful especial effects in the case of magic presence, I didn’t notice animation under the show’s standard. I enjoyed it as another episode, episodic plot and lot of laughs.
Apr 11, 2020 5:09 PM

Sep 2014
Finally got to watch this movie and boi it sure delivered.
Loved the Megumin/Kazuma futon scenes both were hilarious and GOD I withthatwereme.
Here's hoping there's gonna be more seasons/movies for Konosuba!
Apr 13, 2020 10:26 AM

Apr 2013
Not as good as the first two seasons, still a fun watch. Did not really notice a big difference between J.C.Staff and Deen there, maybe this movie was a bit cleaner looking. Parts of this show felt too serious for a KonoSuba movie, but there were enough goofy parts to make up for that.
Apr 14, 2020 11:14 AM

May 2016
Oh my dear God how much I missed this show... I didn't even realized it.

So many good points to talk about but what's the point of that my rating will speaks for itself 9/10
Apr 17, 2020 11:36 AM

Feb 2019
I didn't laugh once while watching this movie, sometimes I cringe a little bit and that's all. I guess this type of humor is not for me.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 18, 2020 7:32 AM

Apr 2013
Seeing Megumins hometown... all these Crimson Demons are Crazy lol, i love them.
Getting insight on Megumin's family... it made me sad, give her family more food.
Komekko is too damn cute... when some food was offered to the family and she was happily eating =v=
Haha Komekko stealing the kill during the final boss fight and making her Crimson Demon introduction afterwards was great

Poor Innocent Eris beeing unable to handle the sight of what was leftover of Kazutrash after he got annihilated and send to Eris for a short time again lol

An Amazing Movie, i now want a season/anime dedicated to these crazy Crimson Demons
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 19, 2020 7:34 PM

Jun 2013
It was a good movie and stayed true to its trademark Konosuba wackiness and antics. I especially loved how Kazuma allowed himself to be pressed against Sylvia's breasts but changed his tone when he found out Sylvia also had a dick. Guess he isn't into futanari.

7/10 for me. I heard this movie is especially favored amongst Kazuma x Megumin shippers. I don't ship him with anyone tbh and I don't care who he ends up with. I have no intention to read the manga or light novels and prefer seeing it animated since personally, I like how crazy the animation can be.

I love seeing YunYun again, she's my waifu in this entire series. Although, I love all the characters. YunYun, Megumin and Aqua have to be my favorites amongst the girls but for the guys, it's definitely that head researcher or scientist because he's the reason why they're always dealing with these monsters. He's just an otaku who Aqua sent to their world.
臭い-
Apr 27, 2020 4:25 AM

Aug 2013
With this movie, I hope more people realize that Konosuba was never intended as a parody of the genre in the first place — and if it was, it dropped any such pretension by the second season. Self-awareness doesn't necessarily means parody. This is the point where the story definitely breaks with the sheer lunacy of the first ~three novels and assumes a far more standard progression. As far as it is capable of, at least.

Still, that so many people see the franchise as a parody tells a lot about the genre. The only isekai that everyone agrees it's good is the one that doesn't really take itself seriously.
Satyr_iconApr 27, 2020 6:04 AM
May 3, 2020 9:32 PM

Dec 2008
Jesus, they fucking ruined it. Volume 5 of the LN is my fav in the series, and they fucking ruined the adaptation of it here, all bc they had to add that anime original final fight between sylvia, beldia, and hanz fused together. THAT WAS TERRIBLE!!! It makes me so mad bc the LN did it wayyyyyy better, this final fight they included was just padding and was completely unnecessary, I am baffled why they included this here and didn’t just end it after sylvia gets shot by the railgun like in the LN. they could have used those precious 10-20 min adapting more of the LN, like some of the scenes they didnt adapt like the Leisure Girl scene (which was one of the funniest scenes in the LN). I’m fucking raging, bc at first they adapted the LN pretty well up until that point, fucking stupid. 3/10 for me, I’m so disappointed. SKIP THIS ONE, please read the LN instead, the LN did this arc wayyyyyyyy better!!!!
May 10, 2020 2:16 AM

Jul 2016
Loved it. The ending was actually my favorite. I wasn't expecting this movie to touch me, but it did.
May 11, 2020 11:57 AM

Jul 2016
Same konosuba nothing special, just repetitive jokes and no progression on story. I think the high score does not justify how bad this show is. Bad pacing and mediocre art and animation, I expect some good to above average because its movie. But we seen is disappointed still images, the only thing good is the Megumin explosion sequence. Overall its a boring and cringy experience, forgettable movie.

May 13, 2020 12:31 AM

Jul 2016
My precious girl YunYun had her moment to shine! I couldn't have been more proud :'D

Many people said this movie is great but I was kinda doubtful about it since I didn't find the first two seasons that "spectacular"... but oh my God, this movie was another story. Wasn't expecting it to be this good and hilarious. Absolutely loved it!
Kazuma was awesome and the job his VA did was simply fantastic. Every reaction Kazuma made was miles funnier thanks to his effort.

As for the "villain", I absolutely loved Sylvia as the antagonist as well. Even to the point where I felt bad for her being defeated and honestly, chimera or not, I found her really attractive. Would love to see her again but I doubt there will be any chance of it... oh well.

Funniest moment? I have many (Kazuma's fluently animated fingers rubbing Megumin's hand; Darkness finding out that rapist orcs no longer existed, for example) but finding out that Megumin's whole race is based on the stupidity of a reincarnated lazy-ass otaku was particularly pure gold xD

Overall, it was a truly entertaining experience. OST, voice acting and animation were superb and that last scene with Kazuma and Megumin was a super sweet way to conclude this movie in an honest and heartwarming note.

8,5/10 -> 9/10 - Personally, I think JC did a fantastic job here so if there is ever an intention of adapting more KonoSuba, I would prefer them to handle any potential sequel instead of Deen.
SouthRzVaAug 9, 2020 7:48 PM
May 25, 2020 4:47 PM
Apr 2018
I didn't know I missed Konosuba this badly, I laughed from the very start to the end.

So, the Crimson demons are just a bunch of nutcases lmao. 9/10.
May 27, 2020 1:24 AM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Forgot how badly I need more Konosuba in my life. Great movie, very funny, all characters are fantastic, VA's great job, animation on point, only downside I think the final fight went on for a little too long, could have cut it down 5 mins or so and added another side scene.

Desperately need a Season 3. Hopefully with more Darkness and Aqua. I love Megumin as much as anyone but I find the humour works better when all three waifus get time to be in the spotlight rather than just one.

Kazuma as always was a man of culture and supporter of gender equality. Not a supporter of futa chimeras though LOL
May 27, 2020 3:01 AM

Jul 2014
Same old overused jokes that the series used but with extra added rape jokes for good measure. I can't see how this movie is any better than the series because it sure didn't feel like it. Story jumped all over the place and felt poorly paced. At least Sylvia was a relatively funny addition, but of course any change of pace is just killed off for more of the same.
The truth is best told straight.
May 29, 2020 4:02 PM

Nov 2016
In relation to all the other segments, I wasn't a big fan of the final fight, but I guess such a climax is obligatory for a movie. The 90 minutes were more than well spent, tho, simply hilarious for most parts and it ended nicely on a wholesome note. Femorg chase with broken Darkness and everything revolving around Megumin's home were my highlights xD

7,5/10 may Kazuma's real popular phase come along with S3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 31, 2020 2:09 AM

Nov 2011
You'll find plots like these in a lot of shows but ridiculousness levels this show manages to put in is just so...ridiculous, its brilliant.

This should probably be tagged ecchi?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 2, 2020 5:32 PM
Jul 2017
Man, Megumin's family is eccentric. And they were at the Crimson Demon Clan's village. But the villagers were more experienced using various magic. Man, we need Kazuma to get laid. Either Aqua, Darkness, Yunyun, or Wiz. Megumin still looks like a little girl. Yunyun wanted Kazuma to conceive his kid in the beginning of the movie.
Jun 7, 2020 9:46 PM

Dec 2014
ohgawd, the ultra thirsty female orcs. Now a movie starring the konosuba main cast and princess Iris, i hope they make it. or a series. either would be fine.
Jun 18, 2020 6:01 AM

Sep 2011
Man, I can't decide if I liked Megumin x Kazumi scenes more or that fantastic final attack against Sylvia. Probably both, just for different reasons. I all for that ship, and that seems the most plausible anyway. I really enjoy their interactions the most, and there was so much of it. Megumin's family (well, more her mom) trying to get them together was hilarious. I do hope we will eventually see them together later on, Megumin on top of Kazuma and the final few minutes of them was cute.

That big explosion + light of saber was so fucking cool, especially with the fantastic music that I've kept listening to since then.
The final upgrades explosion with more affects and a bigger blast was also great. I'm happy Kazuma decided to go for that, and Megumin's happiness was conveyed very well (and that heart-shaped smoke).
For some reason I kinda wish Sylvia's deal with "love" missing for her was cut or done differently. I dunno why, maybe it was just too weird even for me with Kazuma in there :'D

The entire village of weirdos and their "culture" was very fun, but I wonder what became of the village though... Is it all destroyed now? A few lines could have been spared for that.
Konami code was unexpected, but I really liked that for a joke.
Komekko kill stealing was hilarious, I hope we will eventually see more of her later. And I hope they get some money from somewhere, for her family's sake. :(

The comedy was also on point, as usual. Kazuma getting traumatized twice... well, at least he gets a taste of his own medicine, even if he doesn't go this far :P

Fantastic movie all around. I didn't feel like it was rushed, but I can't say I wouldn't have enjoyed more time in the village. Nevertheless, the movie gets a 10/10 from me, just like the previous seasons, as I truly enjoy it very much, and kinda special in my eyes. Best girl Megumin is still staying in my top 10 characters list. I can't wait for an eventual next season, though maybe I should just start reading the LN at some point.
RazielZeroJun 19, 2020 6:02 AM
Jul 12, 2020 10:31 AM

Jul 2014
This was a 9/10 for me
I really enjoyed and laughed so hard even with aqua faces in the background
The movie is megumin and yunyun highlight and also more of kazuma's popular phase movie
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jul 15, 2020 6:55 AM

Oct 2016
All hail the Kazuma x Megumin moments. Overall loved the movie, I was smiling the entire time I was watching it. Lost it when that old guy appeared again.

Loved the movie, season 3 can't come soo enough.
Jul 22, 2020 2:06 PM

Jun 2019
Loved the first 2 seasons and OVA’s. Movie did not disappoint. Found my self LOL throughout the entirety. Hilarious moments from every character, main and side.

Kazuma’s serious side with Yunyun and Megu is always hilarious.

Solid 9/10.
Aug 14, 2020 8:59 PM

Mar 2020
my boy went from almost getting raped by some muscular ass Orc to chilling in some titties and outta nowhere feeling some big ass dick pressing on his butt.
that was a rough ass popular phase.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Aug 22, 2020 2:06 AM

Oct 2013
Top notch comedy like always, ahhh how i've missed this anime so much. Konosuba is probably the most interesting isekai anime out there with hillarious not so OP main character makes it my top 3 favorite anime series.

Also i got the calming atmosphere in every episode i don't know why, but i'm vibing with this anime so nicely

Heart shapped cloud in the end ? is the ship official ? Kazuma x Megumin ? i don't hate the pairings but preferably if it stays like they sued to before

Don't let the ship set sail, it's too soon

But anyways 10/10, i hope there'll be another season next year
Sep 11, 2020 9:48 PM

May 2019
Seriously, i never hyped Konosuba so much and neither guess it so funny.

But, surprisely for me, this movie was the BEST this anime made until now by far! Since it was not only based in the weak gags that, as i said, are not so funny, but actually had:

- Plot (kinda)
- INTENSE action
- CRAZY ANIMATION

No, i almost could not laugh, but this movie really got me hyped.

And the Kazuma x Megumin ship, come on, don't tease us like this.

Oct 4, 2020 8:06 PM
Jun 2009
JakeAdams said:
I feel mixed about this movie.
It wasn't quite as funny as the tv series. The rape joke, and Kazuma being homophobic, yet the anime not criticizing him for it, and the only LGBT character being a villain is...offensively bad. I mean it's 2019, yet Japan still just doesn't get it. It's not about being "politically correct", a SJW, or something, it's about respecting other people: respecting male victims of sexual assault, respecting the LGBT community especially, who are the group who have it the hardest in America.
Still, I laughed my ass off at a lot of jokes.
Watching this movie made me realize another reason why I love Konosuba: it's the sense of sincerity behind the characters' personalities. Yes, they're quirky, yes they're morons, yes they're assholes especially, but at the end of the day, they just behave that way because that's who they are, and they're still...kind of good people. The fact that they're so open to showing each others' flawed sides makes the sense of friendship among the characters feel more sibling-like, feel more genuine. As a result, I think Kazuma and his party feel more...human than most anime characters. There were much more sentimental moments in this movie where Kazuma's party wasn't just treating each other like shit.
Aside from being incredibly sexy, I liked how the LGBT villain just wanted to be loved in the end. It was especially hilarious how in her attacks she was yelling, "love", "hope", things that you'd expect the good guys to say.

Exactly. Only one LGBT vilian is very offensive... for heterosexuals. 50% of all bad guys should be LGBT. Thats what deversity and equality means :3
Nov 6, 2020 3:33 PM
Nov 2020
As a trans woman I can't in good conscience rate this well. While I love Konosuba in general the portrayal of the main villainess felt like a genuinely malicious depiction of a transgender person and made me way too uncomfortable to enjoy the movie in any way. Very disappointing.
Nov 8, 2020 8:20 AM

Jan 2020
Probably the most hilarious movie I have watched to date. It is even funnier than the first 2 seasons. I laughed at least once 2-3 minutes. Some scenes were so funny that my stomach literally started hurting from all the laughed.

There were some really heartwarming moments as well. I loved the fact that Kazuma and Megumin's relationship received a lot of development. That ending scene was especially heartwarming.

To conclude, an amazing movie to say the least. The animation isn't really spectacular, but everything else is just phenomenal. A 10/10 for me. I will definitely rewatch it in the near future.

Poor Kazuma, though. He had to go through all of that at the end. He might be a coward and a scumbag at times, but he is always there when others need him the most.

Edit: Well, now when I look back on it, I think it doesn't deserve a 10/10. It had a few issues at the end. Still, it is definitely worth a rewatch and deserves a 9/10.
IrrelevantGuyDec 10, 2020 6:18 AM
Nov 10, 2020 8:37 PM
May 2020
Ahh I realized I missed these motherfuckers...

The Crimson Demon's magic really is flashy.

That last battle was really good, even though his final was kinda bizarre lol, Wiz and Vanir really popped off (I completely forgot that they were related to the Demon Lord and all that shit btw, it's been too long.)

That was indeed your popular phase, Kazuma.

And that ending was so nice, they are happy together despite everything.
Nov 16, 2020 10:32 PM
Jul 2017
Excelent but i just feel a little sorry for Darkness... she deserved more punishment this time.
Nov 24, 2020 3:17 PM
Jun 2009
Emilyoid said:
As a trans woman I can't in good conscience rate this well. While I love Konosuba in general the portrayal of the main villainess felt like a genuinely malicious depiction of a transgender person and made me way too uncomfortable to enjoy the movie in any way. Very disappointing.

Why? Deversity and equality means LGBT char can be bad sometimes, right?
Or you think only straight should be seen as villains? It's heterophobia. Аnd fascism. A little.
Nov 28, 2020 3:10 AM
Mar 2018
finally watched this after a yr on my plan to watch list. animation is really, really, good. unexpected coming from jc staff esp after opm s2 lol. also i felt kinda bad for silvia esp when she was about to die and go in the afterlife. funny jokes, some cringe moments, but overall pretty good. 8/10
Jan 1, 2021 8:29 PM

Dec 2013
Finally got to watch this movie and I definitely had a lot of fun with it from start to finish. Kazuma got to have his own popular phase with Megumin, Sylvia and some orcs.

It was great seeing more of the Crimson demon clan. They really are a clan of dorks. Extremely powerful dorks. The chief trying to decide whether to leave the battle as a tourist attraction was hilarious.

"Something's poking my butt" scene had me in tears. It's been a while since I last laughed that hard.

Komeko trying the steal Kazuma's big moment and then do her own introduction in front of the resulting explosion was hysterical. I liked her a lot more after that little moment.

Sylvia somehow resurrecting herself and becoming even stronger was a BS moment but the flash final moment made up for it.

The final Kazuma x Megmin moment had me smiling. Easily best ship in the series for me.

Now to pray for a season 3!
Jan 6, 2021 12:54 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'll never understand MAL's love for this series. It's the very definition of average, run of the mill anime. Nothing exceptional about it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 6, 2021 6:21 PM
Nov 2017
As a trans woman I am not even slightly offended by kazuma's reaction to Sylvia having a dick. Its not transphobic in the least and it fits with the general humor of the series. Some people just like being dramatic.it wasn't even that edgy. Shes a monster whose experimented on her self so she can be a little of everything. She's not literally a trans character.amd hell if she was at least she was still portrayed as basically the hottest girl Kazuma could get with.

Kazuma doesn't like dick and there's nothing wrong with that. And there is nothing wrong with an lgbt character being a villain.
Jan 30, 2021 2:41 PM

Feb 2020
This whole franchise was so big disappointment. Sigh.. Only the first season had couple of good episodes.

SerafosOct 27, 2022 8:26 AM
Apr 12, 2021 3:21 PM

Aug 2014
It was the funniest and nicest of all stories of KonoSuba :) I almost given it a 10, but that second and third body of Sylvia was some crazy things I dislike, same as her being half man ;/ even though at that moment it was funny.

I liked the new characters like Dodonko and Funifura.

I would like to know why Arue had same eyepatch as Megumin had early in anime. Why and when she stop using it? I did not even notice :D

I hope for next season and someday a final when they defeat and show Devil King and then when Aqua get the change to return she decides to stay together with everyone :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 2, 2021 4:50 AM

Aug 2018
So to sum up, this movie is mostly about Megumin and Yunyun.

Dat futa x kazuma scene was hilarious xD
Jun 1, 2021 8:39 PM

Aug 2017
I like it. The comedy is still funny and Kazuma is an amazing character. I'm glad we could see Megumin town. 7/10 for the movie.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 19, 2021 3:21 PM
Jul 2018
damn this was so nice, really enjoyed it always love everything about the koumas. that backstory was way too funny and megumin + yunyun combo was pretty great too, not to forget her little sister who was also way too cute and i loved her moment shooting the gun lol. overall animation and stuff wasnt too bad either so probably my favourite konosuba arc yet, id say a 5/10.

hope that 3rd season comes soon....
Aug 3, 2021 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
This is peak Konosuha in terms of comedy. Pretty mcuh 2/3 was probably the funniest thing I have ever watched. The problem lies in the final third with the final battle being dragged although there were some funny moments. Anyway, the animation was amazing in the final fight although the earlier part was same as the TV series. 8/10
Aug 7, 2021 10:48 PM

Jun 2020
The start of the movie was just so calm until Megumin used her explosion magic, And then everything went exactly as how Konosuba would happen mayhem

Megumin and Yunyun came back home what a grand reunion Komekko is so cute as well, Her parents were really I guess where she came from, Kazuma sleeping with Megumin as well on the first night was just hilarious when Megumin just ran away

That final battle was amazing and entertaining to watch along with Wiz and Vanir that caught up in the last moment, Oh well Komekko to save the day, At least Megumin is still back in the explosion game.

This movie was what you've expected for how they fit it in almost an hour and a half stretching the final battle it was a nice watch now waiting for the next project that they announced I'm so glad I heard that.
Aug 25, 2021 9:34 PM

Nov 2010
I wish Yunyun would ask me to have her babies instead. hehe

Damn, most of those Crimson Demon ladies look cute. Megumin's mom looks cute as well.

I had plenty of laughs. Looking forward to the next season. 9/10
Nov 6, 2021 5:40 AM

Apr 2014
It was alright, not as funny as the series and a lot more action based. The transphobic stuff I just rolled my eyes at - this is a series where the protagonist sexually assaults his friends in their sleep - and apparently the LN deals with it better. Which I am going to read because it's taking forever for another season
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Great Movie

Brittaman12 - Jan 30

14 by Bananko00 »»
Feb 5, 2:55 AM

» Season 3 + Spin-off Anime Announced!

_MushiRock11_ - May 28, 2022

12 by GreatAide »»
Sep 3, 2023 3:10 AM

» How more Seasons and Movies required to cover the LN Series?

Anime_Novice75 - Oct 30, 2021

8 by Krishvanza123456 »»
Aug 27, 2022 3:19 AM

» Possible season 3 release date

Its_Gyro_Yo - Dec 23, 2021

13 by thogro99 »»
Feb 21, 2022 2:57 AM

» Konosuba new anime announced

MegamiRem - Jul 18, 2021

31 by A_Wild_Pie »»
Jul 23, 2021 11:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.