Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 26, 2019 3:52 AM

Jun 2017
Well that was good, I really thought that they would be able to go back to their own respective worlds this time. But oh well, this works nicely as well, another season.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
โ€• Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 26, 2019 4:24 AM

Oct 2007
quite believable that Ainz could push back The Destroyer. He has enough power to be fighting physically strong opponents like the trolls in his own world.

the undead summoned by Ainz mill around Aqua-sama. :p

oh, Roswaal actually attacking with magic.

Pandora's Actor making a good team with Vanir.

who are the transfer students?! excited for season 2. :)
Jun 26, 2019 4:29 AM

May 2010
They should fill the school's canteen with food related isekai
Jun 26, 2019 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
I'm excited for season 2! I wonder who those transfer students are?
Jun 26, 2019 4:59 AM
Jan 2018
theirs a chance it got be log horizon as the transfer students because apparently overlord , Tanya and log horizon authors are all friends
Jun 26, 2019 5:05 AM

Feb 2018
Mattinator95 said:
caio_brb said:

No, Rimuru and the guy from Arifureta isn't possible. Jesus guys, even if you don't know anything about manga and Light Novel market, you can just find information easily on wikipedia about which company publishes the original source. This is an anime entirely funded by Kadokawa so only Light Novels published by them on their brand be it Media Factory, ASCII Media Works, Fujimi Shobo, Kadokawa Shoten or Enterbrain will be there.

Kadokawa isn't considering your opinion though, but their most successful series. Or successful Isekai for this case, which is their most successful current LN either way.

even though it says media factory on shield hero Kadokawa brought them out so its possible

exactly my guess is its either SAO , No Game No life or So what im a spider or even death march heck even log horizon could be included

No animation company will touch No Game No Life after the copyright infringements and ripping off other artists, even if it is a great story. I really wanted a S2 for it.

The final episode was the only episode I found meh. But the rest of the series was wonderful. Hoping for SAO or Log Horizon.
Jun 26, 2019 5:17 AM
Jan 2018
Dashiva761 said:
Mattinator95 said:

even though it says media factory on shield hero Kadokawa brought them out so its possible

exactly my guess is its either SAO , No Game No life or So what im a spider or even death march heck even log horizon could be included

No animation company will touch No Game No Life after the copyright infringements and ripping off other artists, even if it is a great story. I really wanted a S2 for it.

The final episode was the only episode I found meh. But the rest of the series was wonderful. Hoping for SAO or Log Horizon.

all that he got done for was posing .

and theirs a chance it could be log horizon
Jun 26, 2019 6:05 AM

Aug 2018
Sweet! We’re getting a second season. I didn’t see that coming.
Jun 26, 2019 7:12 AM

Sep 2012
i dont understand why people think that having shield hero will be a problem due to his edginess, i mean this series letting these character to enjoy themselves in school life, naofumi could be his true self here without worry about all that wave stuff.
and i sure want rimuru to be in the cast
Jun 26, 2019 7:27 AM
Oct 2017
people keep referencing avengers when they talk about this, but it never once crossed my mind. this show is more like when steve urkel showed up in full house, that is to say this shit was fucking corny as fuck and felt like i was watching the 90s sitcom crossover episodes where all the jokes are the characters explaining what they normally do in their original shows. the OP is also the worst of the season, it reminds me of that strongbad email about theme songs that "bludgeon you over the head with the blunt end of its premise."
Jun 26, 2019 9:01 AM
Feb 2017
I'm almost positive the transfer students are going to be Shield Hero characters given both the popularity of the anime and the fact that both are produced by Kadokawa, which I presume would make the licensing easier.
Jun 26, 2019 11:10 AM

Oct 2014
Not sure how happy I am about having watched this entire series. Maybe I would hand liked it more if I watched the other series but I had only seen konosuba. Still, some of the interactions were funny to watch. And j think I might like to give another chance to re:zero and overlord.

Don’t remember the spider fortress from konosuba but this was a fine ending to the show, hits all the classic high school tropes, ends with a cameo from minor characters if the featured shows and roswaal trolling the whole class.

Never really cared for he Chibi style but I assume it’s easier to produce. I don’t think the studio(s) were trying to win any awards with this thing.

As for whether I watch season 2, it’ll probably depend on who the transfers are. If we focus only on completed isekai anime, I honestly think we’ll see the guy from “how not to summon a demon lord” or maybe that smartphone isekai? But I’d really like to see the cast from shied hero, or maybe slime reincarnated (TenSura)
Why isn't s2 called isekai quintet

dend08 said:
i dont understand why people think that having shield hero will be a problem due to his edginess, i mean this series letting these character to enjoy themselves in school life, naofumi could be his true self here without worry about all that wave stuff.
and i sure want rimuru to be in the cast

I don't know who said that but even n if anyone thinks shield hero is edgy (It's not...really) I'm pretty sire subaru deals with some heavy tragedy in his world, and probably Tanya and Ainz as well. The whole point of this series is seeing how characters interact with each other and the experiences they brought from their own worlds. Naofumi and his companions having suffered heavily in their own narrative isn't a problem for the show, its just another dynamic to add to the cast.
plutodiplomatJun 26, 2019 11:21 AM
Jun 26, 2019 12:30 PM

Feb 2007
Transfer students, eh? See you in Isekai Quintet, I guess. :D
Jun 26, 2019 2:08 PM
Nov 2018
Was that only twelve minutes? It was a great episode. So sweet to see them working together.

"If you were an Imperial I'd conscript you on the spot." What a nice compliment! I'd love to be forcefully conscripted, thank you!

I know it's not the same company, but please let the transfer students be Kirito, Slime Rimuru Tempest and the Shield Hero. That would be perfect.
Jun 26, 2019 2:43 PM

Feb 2014
The first half was nicer, the 2nd half kind of boring.

Hm... 6/10

HAIL TANYA!
Jun 26, 2019 4:04 PM

Mar 2014
Very nice we already got a confirmation of season 2 and TRANSFER STUDENTS! Will it be called Isekai Quintet next season? Sextet?

Really hoping for Naofumi from Shield Hero because that series just ended. Rimuru would also be a fun addition, lol wonder how everyone would react to him being an OP slime monster
Jun 26, 2019 4:26 PM

May 2015
Ending the battle on best girl Tanya/Yuki Aoi scream. Quality.

Also I'm a bit concerned with the transfer student since wouldn't it not be Isekai Quartet anymore if there's more than four ?

I like the four way thing they have going so I'm not sure about introducing more especially when there's so many mediocre isekai out there that could ruin their chemistry.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 26, 2019 4:39 PM

Dec 2018
Well...I'm excited for a season two. Sounds fun. Pretty good series overall, it had some rough moments, but was fairly decent. Coming from someone who is just sick of Isekai overall, this was a fresh take on the genre. 7/10, overall.
Jun 26, 2019 4:58 PM

Nov 2011
Shield Hero is going to be a definite for next season and I am hyped. Chibi Raphtalia and Filo...count me in.

If there are four the other three will probably be SAO, (Kirito, Eugeo, and Alice(Considering they have Darkness they save on a VA)) Log Horizon, and Maybe Yuuki Yuuna (I hope not though because YY was utter Garbage) FLCL would be sick but it would never happen lol.

Overall the show was a 10/10 imo
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 26, 2019 5:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow the end ! big hype for the season 2.
Best crossover ever created.
Jun 26, 2019 5:56 PM

Nov 2017
Damn,that was a good season.Hyped for whoever the transfer students are going to be,and I damn well hope Hamasuke and the Death Knight get a better role next season.Maybe have the Death Knight as a dinner lady :)
Jun 27, 2019 1:19 AM

Jan 2011
Didn't really care for this episode, but otherwise this was fun.
Jun 27, 2019 2:13 AM

Sep 2010
Phosphobos said:
Glad to see at the end was Tanya the one that defeat (in a manner of speaking) the giant spider.

Also... transfer students? season 2? I wonder who they could be? Rimuru? Shield hero?

Hope so but I look it up from Kadokawa, AT-X, FUNImation we might get these new and maybe old anime with isekai

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
No Game No Life
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
Knight's & Magic
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
.hack//series
XxxHolic (Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE)
Isekai Shokudou
Isekai Izakaya
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
Zero no Tsukaima
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?

I was gonna say Goblin Slayer but that not Isekai
These are new Isekai coming soon
Isekai Cheat Magician
Mushoku Tensei
Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu!
Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou

I want Shield Hero, Arifureta and Slim as well
Jun 27, 2019 8:38 PM

Oct 2008
Nice! i hope the next season would showcase more 'other' series (isekai)!

Jun 27, 2019 9:10 PM
Oct 2017
This was just so fuckin' epic !! Season 2 here we go~~~
9/10
Jun 28, 2019 12:10 AM

Mar 2018
AkatsukiUlquiora said:
I look it up from Kadokawa, AT-X, FUNImation we might get these new and maybe old anime with isekai

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
No Game No Life
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
Knight's & Magic
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
.hack//series
XxxHolic (Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE)
Isekai Shokudou
Isekai Izakaya
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
Zero no Tsukaima
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?

When I read Hagure Yuusha No Aesthetica I almost squaled, don't know why, it was just above average for me lol. I guess it's just the thought of watching another OP MC but not like other people powerful from his universe.

Also, I think Shield Hero and Slime are pretty much going to be on the 2nd season, I can just imagine how the Konosuba lads would react to Rimuru (they would probably remember Hans). Also think there would be 2 more shows, I guess the title will be something like "Isekai Quartetx2" so I would really really really like NGNL to be there too (and hopefully bring the second season with it finally ๐Ÿ˜ญ); other should be Log Horizon.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline ๐Ÿ˜…
Jun 28, 2019 5:10 AM

Jan 2016
This was a nice treat and that 2nd season announcement brought me smiles. I'm hoping for ngnl, shield hero, slime, and grimgar in the future of this fun little crossover.
Jun 28, 2019 7:44 AM

Aug 2016
KlinyKlinn said:
what a way to demonstrate everyone's skills and WHAT TRANSFER STUDENTS!?!?!?!?! WOAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

I KNOW RIGHT? Damn, what famous isekai came after that? Shield Hero? Kirito? WHO?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2019 8:05 AM

Jan 2018
Martin_Taylor said:

I KNOW RIGHT? Damn, what famous isekai came after that? Shield Hero? Kirito? WHO?

I expect shield hero and slime, and why kirito? he's trapped in alicization lmao
Jun 28, 2019 9:10 AM
Dec 2013
New transfer students for the second season? I'm hoping for the transfer students to be characters from Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu.
Jun 28, 2019 9:46 AM

May 2018
In the end nobody gets to go home....wherever that it is.
Jun 28, 2019 10:16 AM

Aug 2016
KlinyKlinn said:
Martin_Taylor said:

I expect shield hero and slime, and why kirito? he's trapped in alicization lmao

I dunno, even though, technically he's just trapped in virtual reality, I think he boomed this whole Isekai thing. And at least he would have something to do while on chair.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2019 10:36 AM

Jan 2018
Martin_Taylor said:

I dunno, even though, technically he's just trapped in virtual reality, I think he boomed this whole Isekai thing. And at least he would have something to do while on chair.

people don't even consider SAO as an isekai, yet it's the anime that made it popular. I once got into a heated arguement whether SAO was an isekai or not, I also thought SAO was an isekai lmao
Jun 28, 2019 10:36 AM

Jan 2018
Martin_Taylor said:

people don't even consider SAO as an isekai, yet it's the anime that made it popular. I once got into a heated arguement whether SAO was an isekai or not, I also thought SAO was an isekai lmao
Jun 28, 2019 11:12 AM

Dec 2014
well as funny as it was...will mmiss it hmmm
Jun 28, 2019 4:39 PM

Sep 2010
GranSaiyaman said:

When I read Hagure Yuusha No Aesthetica I almost squaled, don't know why, it was just above average for me lol. I guess it's just the thought of watching another OP MC but not like other people powerful from his universe.

Also, I think Shield Hero and Slime are pretty much going to be on the 2nd season, I can just imagine how the Konosuba lads would react to Rimuru (they would probably remember Hans). Also think there would be 2 more shows, I guess the title will be something like "Isekai Quartetx2" so I would really really really like NGNL to be there too (and hopefully bring the second season with it finally ๐Ÿ˜ญ); other should be Log Horizon.

Lol but what about Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? He another OP MC. Yeah I also want NGNL as well also all the isekai started from the .hack series just like log horizon and SAO. Besides slime and shield I think Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu and Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku will be it I think
Jun 30, 2019 9:47 AM

Mar 2013
SEASON TWO GET

Wonder who'll be next? It'll definitely be a Kadokawa series unless they license other shows. Maybe they won't even be Isekai series next season? High School DxD with Issei perving on all the new girls, for example?
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jul 1, 2019 2:00 AM

Jul 2016
This wasn't that bad, not really a fan of the chibi character models but I might watch season 2 unless characters from shit isekai's get added (which isn't that unlikely). I'll probably still watch it if Konosuba gets the same screentime because it was the only reason this was bearable. Some of Tanya and Lord Ainz interactions with the others were cool too.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Jul 1, 2019 11:29 AM
kinda tired

Apr 2017
It's been a fun ride. To be honest, I didn't expect another season at all. Looking forward to it!
Jul 1, 2019 8:25 PM
Jan 2016
Damn their teamwork at the end was just so great, i got a nostalgic feel when Subaro told that forbiden words to attract udeads to save him, Kazuma interactions are always so funny!

It was a masterpiece for me, i laught a lot remembering every single character personality, i am so glad they anounced 2nd season!

They ended it with an awesome clifhanger, i can't wait, curious to see the transfer students!
Jul 2, 2019 8:51 PM
Jan 2019
Hahaha, what a fun and epic ending ๐Ÿ˜.
In some way, I am happy that there is a second season of this. I'm excited to know who the new cast members are. The most possible thing is that one of them is the Kirito de SAO (I have not seen the anime). I know these animes are very recent, but I would like to see the characters of Tensei Shitara Slime Datta-ken and Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari..and it would be funny to see the characters of Isekai Mao ๐Ÿ˜‚. I have not seen many isekai, the truth is that most of what I saw was thanks to this anime: Re: Zero, KonoSuba, Youjo Senki ... had already seen Overlord, and others from the recent season of 2018 to date as: Isekai Maou, Tensei Shitara Slime Datta-ken and Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari.

Anyway, I'll be waiting for the new Isekai anime to enter the Second Season to see if there are some I have not seen to start watching them. I do not want to miss any reference ๐Ÿ˜.
Jul 4, 2019 6:26 PM
Apr 2016
Farmaceut said:
This,this is the show made for the fans!
I think this anime was made to incite the people who didn't watched the four series to watch the ones they didn't watched.
Jul 14, 2019 8:54 PM
Sep 2018
they soon announce the 2nd season the 1st season rock
Jul 16, 2019 10:43 AM
Jul 2019
Que venha the rising of the Shields hero e no game no Life esses são os que mais torço para aparecer em isekai quartet 2 temporada
Jul 16, 2019 4:56 PM
Jan 2017
I liked this show. and it seems like a 2nd season was teased, if they add in more issekai animes they GOTTA include Rimuru
Jul 30, 2019 10:29 AM

May 2019
Marcos-1 said:
Farmaceut said:
This,this is the show made for the fans!
I think this anime was made to incite the people who didn't watched the four series to watch the ones they didn't watched.

I must confess that i just watched Tanya and Overlord (1st season) right after the 1st Quartet episode and with the exclusive objective of resume the rest of this series.

I didn't like both series (not my style of story) but because of that i LOVED the parody even more.

I just could not take these bizarre Tanya and Overlord seriously. It's just me, people with different tastes are right to disagree.
Jul 31, 2019 12:06 PM

Jun 2017
this was a pretty fun show. glad to see a season 2 confirmation too :)
Aug 21, 2019 10:21 AM

Jul 2014
I only watched this for Overlord and Tanya.
Aug 27, 2019 3:16 PM

Nov 2017
Golly, they (Tanya, Ainz, Subaru, Kazuma) all make a pretty good team!
Nov 19, 2019 1:33 AM

Nov 2016
despite not liking short series, i had a fun ride with this. yeah isekais are my guilty pleasure, but this series was a relaxing chill swimming through the slew of isekais coming the past years. pretty fun knowing theres a 2nd season later on, and am somewhat tempted to watch youjo senki, and other isekais that might pop up in S2...
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

80 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:28 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

127 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2019

109 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:24 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

76 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:23 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2019

71 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:23 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.