Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 6, 2010 9:24 AM
Sep 2010
This anime deserves a 7.7ish/10. A perfect 10 out of 10 would mean it's flawless and breathtaking on many levels.

Imo, the ending was very rushed and left me unsatisfied. There is a difference between planned ambiguity with a purpose and unresolved obscurity that's unintentionally lacking clarity. There were important pieces of information that was left out. It seems to me like they tried to hasten the conclusion, which is why they jammed everything in the last couple of episodes in the end.

As the end was drawing near, I was curious as to how they were going to tie up all the involved agents of the narrative: the Syndicate, PANDORA, MI6, CIA, Hell's Gate, Hei's sister, Chinese gov't... I was surprised that they managed to do so, but also disappointed that everything was murky. It's a shame that the core backbone of the plot isn’t promulgated til way too late in the show. But, I guess that's forgivable, because this anime's attributes were the characters, more so than the overall plot. The charas are all really unique and nicely portrayed & drawn. Hei is a very likeable main protagonist, imo.

A lot of ppl associate this anime with the show, Heroes (and often compare it to Code Geass). I guess they are similar in an aspect, but DtB's lack of substance and indolent plot advancement is a shortcoming. It does not incorporate that many twists or a memorable peripeteia as Heroes, but the events do flow.

But despite everything, it was nonetheless enjoyable. I expected this anime to be very depressing, for some reason. In the beginning, it left me a pessimistic first impression because of the gore and appalling atmosphere. But as the storyline progressed, I was surprised that the show IS dark, but in an exciting, amiable way (if that makes sense). The fight scenes, music, and the random bits of comic relief were all pleasantly engaging. Its premise is very interesting and I really enjoyed the mood & the environment it depicted.
Nov 18, 2010 7:28 PM

Jun 2010
Nice ending, the last few episodes were a lot of fun!
Nov 21, 2010 3:45 AM

Oct 2008
Overall a good anime. :)

And wow, Kirihara knows who Li really is now, which kinda satisfied me.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 8, 2010 1:56 AM

Oct 2009
I just finished re-watching the series and it's safe to say that the re-watch was well worth it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2010 12:12 PM

Feb 2010
Good series worth owning, shouldn't have been 25 episodes long, but still worth watching.
Dec 30, 2010 7:13 PM

Oct 2008
This anime needs more back story explained. The syndicate becomes completely evil randomly, the gates are never explained, contractors are never explained, it just kinda randomly ends. Either every contractor was going to die or Hiei was going to kill all the humans in Japan(or wherever they are). He avoided both these outcomes but now Amber, Mao and that old guy who uses a grenade launcher are dead.

Meh, 3/5 for the entire series. Cool characters and world but the motivation behind everything going on was.. unclear? The missions for the syndicate were just to develop the main characters but then what? A random main plot comes out of nowhere that doesn't even seem that important. Honestly, I couldn't tell you what Amber was trying to do, stop the Syndicate I guess. But weren't they worried she was going to make another Hells Gate or another "South America Incident" that we hear so much about. This anime could have been great. I honestly would love to have a much longer series with a year or so before the gates and even before contractors, I just want to know how things came to be and why. The series needed to elaborate on each of these important plot pieces
PANDEMlCDec 30, 2010 7:17 PM
Jan 9, 2011 8:22 PM

Oct 2008
Loved the series but it was kind of sad that everyone he kind of knows gets dies aside from Yin and Kirihara. I thought it was definitely a great show, but to me they seemed to make you like a character then kill them off, I really wished Amber had lived how much depression can one guy take before he's just a walking corpse? The only one that's kind of his redemption is Yin and everyone else is dead.

It was a sad series, but I really did enjoy watching it and I'm definitely watching the OVAs and other season right away (Other than the downfall of the Syndicate, I'm not really sure what else there is for him everyone is dead!!!! ;_;)
Jan 17, 2011 12:22 PM

Aug 2008
Just WOW. Pai was really powerfull, be able to change human into contractor. I hoped that Amber won't die, i liked her, she's got a target and she had done it but devoting herself. Scene in parallel world (i don't know how actually i should call it) was really touching. Hei chosing 2 personalities, chosing to not kill ANYONE, saving both people and contractors. Wow. So well, Kirihara found that B201 was the one she knowed as Li-kun. I don't get that part about Hei's power, because what Amber said wasn't exactly clear to me; Hei should know about more sides of his power, does this mean that he didn't know that or that he just didn't use that ascpects?

I'm still confused about some things so i guess i'll rewatch some episodes.

I liked the whole series, at first I must clear up some things in my mind and then look foward 2nd series (;
Feb 2, 2011 11:18 AM

Dec 2010
I thought the last episode was a bit watered down. I expected more but it fell short of my expectations. It still was a good series and I'll definitely go on to watching the OVA's and Second Season, but judging from the reviews and scores for the sequel, it doesn't seem like it follows up exactly well with the plot.

In any case, I just want to see Yin again. Cliche as it is, if Yin ever changes enough as to break down and cry and act like a normal human girl, it'd take my breath away.

I'll end this series with a 8/10.

Mar 18, 2011 12:40 AM

Nov 2010
Confucius said:
25 episodes and not a single episode explained what the "gate" really is and what the "syndicate" really is, and the roles of the characters.

These flaws are why I don't know what to rate this series. The plot holes are massive, and I think this series is a tad overrated (hate using that word but it's true). It also doesn't help that apparently the sequel and OVAs do not answer these questions either.

On the plus side, I think the characters really drove this series for me. Hei is definitely one of the better male protagonists that I have come across.
May 29, 2011 12:25 PM
Dec 2010
As much as I loved this series some of these episodes takes several times for me to understand it. I still have a bit of a confusion, though and that's probably from maybe passively watching the episodes or just plain forgot after sometime:

*spoilers*

1. What was Amber's relationship with Hei? I just remembered that she used to be an operative for The Syndicate and that she became a contractor along with him. Suddenly she fell in love with Hei and what not.

2. Was Hei really more "human" than a contractor? Hei did fuse with his sister and as a result, he has no remuneration; that and he also had feelings instead of the stoic nature you would normally perceive from a contractor(obvious feelings for Yin, I suppose); another thing is that he also is not "rational" like a contractor should be as told from November 11 when he met him. All in all, I just remembered at the end he was told that he tried too hard to be a contractor. Is that correct?

3. In the end episodes the EPR was just out to stop the Syndicate from destroying the gate with the Saturn Ring(or whatever it was called, memory fails me here), right? and Hei had to go to the center of the gate for what again?
Jun 10, 2011 8:01 PM

Jul 2010
Sobzob said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so Darker than BLACK ends as well. Not as many events as the last few episodes in this one, the end was pretty typical too I guess; with Hei saving all the contractors and being brought back thanks to Yin.
Kirihara finally figured out that Hei is BK-201 too! That took sometime, I mean they both had the same hairstyle.. Though there are people with same hairstyles everywhere.. whatever. Loli Amber wasn't that bad looking either :D
In the end I am still giving DtB a 10/10 and it's staying in my favorite list.
The first few episodes I was always going about dropping this show, and I'm certainly glad I never did. When the story developed it got better and better all the time!

And someone needs to put this as finished airing.

Edit-
All these typos..

I also I agree with you on this show a good and decent ending.But I also have the same questions as "KAgato" well only the goodbye kiss interuption? somone reply!??
Jul 13, 2011 5:37 PM

Aug 2010
Well im giving this 8/10 it was good, the plot was interesting though it took a while to really kick up but what i liked about this was the character development and i agree Hei's character is amazing.

The music was very good, not cowboy bebop level, but as expected from Yoko Kanno

I'm going to watch the sequel in the near future and i hope we get some answers of what the "organization" really is.
Aug 15, 2011 8:39 PM

Jul 2010
SUPER happy Yin didn't die. I was expecting her to, after the other teammates did, but yeah. Great show, I heard a season two is coming out :D that's important though because alot of loose ends aren't tied up yet. I hope there'll be a Hei and Kirihara couple someday :) but in this episode, kinda emphasized Yin and Hei with her calling out for him... but I hate Amber and Hei, idk why but Amber kinda pisses me off even though her cause was for good. I really felt Hei's answer to the human or contractor question was too general. They could've talked about it more, because it felt like there wasn't much development from the beginning of the series and that kind of disappointed me. But really happy overall! Can't wait for the continuation!
10/10

EDIT: Looked at other answers, realized there WERE alot of plot holes. Kind of made you assume things about the Gate instead of concrete facts (maybe that was for the better because it gave the plot a hint of mystery, but straightforward ideas make it easier for viewers) SOO... changing to 9/10 because of plot mess-ups. Characters were beast though...
fishergirl16Aug 15, 2011 8:44 PM
Aug 16, 2011 8:09 PM

Feb 2011
I gave the series an 8/10 because of the lack of closure. The first 14 episodes seemed like it was establishing a show 50+ episodes in length, and the last 11 episodes just didn't deliver on that. The ending was good, but not satisfying enough, which was especially disappointing because episodes 7-14 made it seem like it was gonna be a 9 or even a 10.
Sep 24, 2011 2:30 PM

Jan 2011
Very good series, and i felt the ending is appropriate for this type of anime. The last few episodes really made up for the slow first couple of episodes. The anime did quite a well-rounded job in character development. 10/10
Oct 14, 2011 2:25 AM

Feb 2011
Official rival left Kirihara and Yin hahaha.

9/10
Dec 14, 2011 10:21 PM

Jul 2010
give me a moment, this anime is just so entertaining.

well all i can really say is that i enjoyed it. now on to season 2.

Dec 30, 2011 11:16 AM
Dec 2011
Wow. This was such an awesome series. Though Amber was actually a good guy, I still hate her. I just... well okay she was cute in loli form but whatever. She was still pretty annoying! And I really think Hei was super awesome here, as was Yin and the rest of their team. I was super sad when N11 died, cause he was one of my favorite characters. But I guess I loved everyone except Amber, hehe!
Jan 7, 2012 12:21 PM

Aug 2011
People didn't know about contractors! How did I not get that till now.
Feb 28, 2012 11:48 AM

Oct 2011
Awesome animation. The story, though not clear at times, was absolutely amazing. The setting, characters, English dub...Everything was top notch. This is one of my all-time favorite series. Can't wait to watch the second season.

10/10
Mar 16, 2012 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
Good ending, even though the supernatural on this show wasn't not even near explained, it was well done. 8/10. I'll giive it a break and then watch the 2nd season
Mar 29, 2012 2:50 PM

Nov 2011
Mm, watched this awhile ago. 10/10 for me.
Apr 3, 2012 7:52 PM

Mar 2012
I was going to give this anime an 8 but since I spent this entire episode on the edge of my seat I'll give it a 9. What an amazing show.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Apr 7, 2012 7:29 AM

Dec 2010
The last episode was like... meh. But the anime overall turned like something good. Sayonara Amber, you were really great character!

1. Characters. +1. Well there were some awesome characters like Amber and November 11. Not only them, but some of the episodic characters too. The detective and the girl he was working with are one of my most favorite characters :p .
2. Atmosphere. +1. I definitely like the bleak atmosphere of this anime. It's actually my most favorite bit of Darker than Black.
3. OST. +1. There were some nice tracks, and both of the OPs were great, especially the first one. I didn't like the first ED, but the second one was really good imo.
4. Animation. +1. At first glance I didn't like it, it was quite shiny for my taste. But then I think the animation got "fixed", especially the glazy looks of the characters.
5. Background story. +1. I liked Hei's background more than the storyline of the anime itself.
6. Storyline. It was "meh" storyline for me, definitely not the best scenario I've seen to now. In fact, most of the episodes I liked are outside of the storyline.
7. Ending. meh much? Non-decisive endings like this one... I don't like them. But I expect something better from the next Season.
8. Fight scenes. +1. They were very good nonetheless. Especially the fights between Hei and the thai guy.
9. Drama. Meh. Not much drama in DtB, at least not in this season. There were some touching moments tho.
10. Overall feeling. +1. The atmosphere was bleak, the characters fitted in perfectly. There were nice stories in it. Surely on of the better animes I've watched if not one of the best. All in all, this anime perhaps deserves higher score than the one I'm going to give.

Overall score: 7/10.
I'm definitely looking forward to the next season.
Apr 26, 2012 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
The ending was perfect and there was really no need for Gemini of the Meteor
Apr 30, 2012 8:59 PM

Oct 2010
I didn't like this series. Like others have mentioned, the underlying plot is completely stagnant from start to finish. There's no explanation of the gate, who or what contractors and dolls really are or where they came from and where they get their powers, or anything like that. I sort of feel like this is the 2nd season and I just missed the first season.

I didn't think there was a good flow to the series either. The mini-arcs felts disjointed. I can barely remember them because they weren't memorable and didn't come together to tell a story. They had a good story going at the beginning with that Hei and that girl he was saving. Then they got rid of her, and none of that piece of the story matters, much like the other stand-alone arcs.

Some of the characters are decent. Like I said, the girl at the start was fun, and Hei was cool then and I could empathize with him. The private detective and his pink haired assistant were my favorites. Misaki was good most of the time. Yin a little interesting towards the end.

But the big issue I have with the characters is that they somehow felt like they were all undeveloped background characters. They each had a part where they tried to make you care about them and they were show to have some emotional struggle. They were supposed to show how they change over time, but they didn't really seem to change. Hei was a nice guy from the beginning, never a ruthless killer. Huang was supposed to be ruthless too, but I never believed he was. It was more like he put on a tough-guy act before, not real change. Yin was just quiet.

I dunno, I just thought the whole show just focused on making things "cool", with odd superhero powers, tough-guy "cool" characters, some sort of struggle between different spy agencies and underground groups... But without much thought for making it compelling. Kinda like an action movie with a bad plot.

6/10
May 6, 2012 8:40 PM

Jul 2009
After putting off this anime for a few years now, I am glad I watched it now, as opposed to back then. Though I am still at lost, it would've been a disaster if it was the 'me' who would've watched this show say 4 years ago. That said, wow, what a joy ride.

This anime takes a truly interesting approach. Instead of having a beginning, middle, and end like most stories, it feels almost as if they dropped us in the middle of the story and told it from there. Confusing, but definitely incredibly entertaining.

Characters were all interesting, each person has their own story to tell and their role in the story. Watching each characters slowly shaped, and evolve, was something worth watching. The plot, in the grand scheme of things, was a bit head scratching. So, I would rather think of the plot as simply 'The Life of Hei', and in that context, this anime truly excelled.

Overall, it felt like it was missing something, maybe if the whole story was a bit less vague, or maybe if I paid a bit more attention, I think I would've gave it a 10. But alas, I can't say it's a 'masterpiece'; however, I can't think of a reason why it isn't one either. So until I figure out what this anime was missing, I'll leave it as a 9.

A solid 9/10.
KurogashiMay 6, 2012 8:44 PM
Jul 5, 2012 7:54 PM

Dec 2009
Meritas said:
The last episode was like... meh. But the anime overall turned like something good. Sayonara Amber, you were really great character!

1. Characters. +1. Well there were some awesome characters like Amber and November 11. Not only them, but some of the episodic characters too. The detective and the girl he was working with are one of my most favorite characters :p .
2. Atmosphere. +1. I definitely like the bleak atmosphere of this anime. It's actually my most favorite bit of Darker than Black.
3. OST. +1. There were some nice tracks, and both of the OPs were great, especially the first one. I didn't like the first ED, but the second one was really good imo.
4. Animation. +1. At first glance I didn't like it, it was quite shiny for my taste. But then I think the animation got "fixed", especially the glazy looks of the characters.
5. Background story. +1. I liked Hei's background more than the storyline of the anime itself.
6. Storyline. It was "meh" storyline for me, definitely not the best scenario I've seen to now. In fact, most of the episodes I liked are outside of the storyline.
7. Ending. meh much? Non-decisive endings like this one... I don't like them. But I expect something better from the next Season.
8. Fight scenes. +1. They were very good nonetheless. Especially the fights between Hei and the thai guy.
9. Drama. Meh. Not much drama in DtB, at least not in this season. There were some touching moments tho.
10. Overall feeling. +1. The atmosphere was bleak, the characters fitted in perfectly. There were nice stories in it. Surely on of the better animes I've watched if not one of the best. All in all, this anime perhaps deserves higher score than the one I'm going to give.

Overall score: 7/10.
I'm definitely looking forward to the next season.

2nd'd. The characters and side stories outdid the main plot. Certain parts of the anime felt like they dragged to me. I may watch the next season but I'm not rushing out for it.
Such junk...
Aug 5, 2012 12:42 PM

Jan 2012
Very awesome anime. I freaking loved most of the action scenes in this anime. The part where Hei faces Wei (the blood elf dude) blew my mind xD. Most of the characters were likable too and lets face it, who doesn't love a JAPANESE ELECTRIC BATMAN... or chinese?
Aug 9, 2012 2:20 PM

Jan 2011
I'm amazed, this episode was so good.
Quite some questions were answered, but many do still remain and there are some new ones on top of that. I'm looking forward to the special of s1, specials of s2 and s2 itself.
This episode raised the score from 9/10 to 10/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 17, 2012 8:43 PM

Jun 2012
10/10 for me, one of the best anime i've ever seen, masterpiece.
Aug 22, 2012 12:10 PM

Jun 2010
I must say that I am thoroughly disappointed.

+ Relatively interesting premise with a lot of potential
+ Decent action sequences
+ Some individual arcs were pretty interesting
+ Hei is Chinese and has my last name

- Two-episode arcs made the show incredibly disjointed
- The plot doesn't actually go anywhere until the last 3 episodes
- Mystery-centered arcs were pretty predictable
- Too many characters
- Main characters and their relationships with each other weren't as developed as they should have been
- Amber's deus ex machina at the end
- No real resolution

Deciding between a 5/10 and a 6/10 is difficult.
Sep 3, 2012 4:30 PM

Mar 2012
Ending was very nice, and we finally got some questions answered...
So I give this 8/10.
Oct 16, 2012 12:42 PM

Mar 2012
Very nice serie this is. Hei is going into my favorite characters.
Oct 24, 2012 5:42 PM
Oct 2012
am i the only one watching this in german and noticing theres a 26th episode? idk it shud exist in every language...so what about an update to the number of episodes?
Nov 4, 2012 7:03 PM
Mar 2012
How does Kirohara suddenly know that "Lin" is Hei/Bk-201? Was the reveal developed in the Manga?
Nov 13, 2012 8:22 PM

Jun 2012
Wot just happened? If someone can explain the ending to me pls leave me a comment on my profile I is so confused.

But it was a nice finale I guess, the beginning of DTB was really boring and uninteresting but it got better as the series progressed. Wish there was more romance.

8/10
Nov 17, 2012 2:27 PM
Mar 2012
Shuhan said:
Wot just happened? If someone can explain the ending to me pls leave me a comment on my profile I is so confused.

But it was a nice finale I guess, the beginning of DTB was really boring and uninteresting but it got better as the series progressed. Wish there was more romance.

8/10

Ah,youd like Gaiden. But watch Gemini first.
Dec 15, 2012 11:53 PM

May 2011
So this is it... it was definitely one amazing ride. The characters (ended up loving every single one!), interactions, action, music, mini arcs, main storyline, emotions and premise... they were beautifully done. Though the ending felt a little quick, I guess it wasn't bad (FMAB set my standards too high anyway).

I had so much to say, but I don't really know how to put it down anymore. The series gets a strong 9/10 from me (really glad that there's more to watch! ^^).

Hei will definitely maintain his spot on my favourite list, and as one of my favourite Protagonists of all time, perhaps forever. Really glad he has Yin (<3) with him still! It was sad seeing almost all of my favourite characters go... November 11, Huang, Mao, and Amber... though I guess that's what makes me take the journey and lessons learned as seriously as I do. They will always, always be remembered, I'm really glad Hei, and us viewers got to see them all in one place one more time before the final decision.

Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha... a real gem. A definite re-watch someday. Off to S2 and OVAs for now!
Dec 16, 2012 1:44 AM

Jul 2010
10/10 for me but some spots of my mind says it was a 8/10. And only because of the ending.
For sure, the 2-ep-arcs were beautiful with emotions and storylines but the end was quite like a 2-ep-arc in one episode. I felt that there was more information that could've been told.
Well, for me are the questions like "What happened in the heaven's gate" or "What is the aim of the syndicate" still open. That confuses me.
I hope I'll be pleased in the 2nd Season or in the mangas.
Dec 30, 2012 12:01 AM
Jul 2011
Finished the entire series (OVA, Gaiden, Gemini) in like 3 days and I have to say that I'm glad to finally have watched this series.
I thought it was great and a really interesting plot, although some of the first episodes weren't as interesting until EPR popped in, I still found them enjoyable. MI6, Misaki and her teams, it was all good.

I have to say that I didn't like the ending as much; It was still good but not exactly what I expected. Like...content but not good enough xD It was still rather sad and all those people died.... I agree with some that the part with Hei figuring out his sides of contract/human wasn't done that well, but I disagree with those not liking how Misaki knew then that it was Li. Throughout the series we see hints that she is connecting Li to Hei, but she either didn't want to believe it or felt enough evidence for it and I thought it was done well, except that's all that happened between her and Hei. >.> I was kind of expecting more between the two of them.
Again, like some, there were some questions left over. But I don't particularly care about a few of them, maybe because I've just simply accepted the facts that where already said.

So is Hei his real name or do we not know? Because we know that Pai/Bai's real name is Xing (which I think is somewhat ironic, or it fits well with the whole star theme) but what about Hei's? Anyway, I'm giving this series 8-9 out of 10. :)

EDIT: One more thing I agreed with was that Hei wasn't as much of killer as I had expected in the series. Maybe it's because he was more like the Black Reaper/Kuro no Shimigami during South America, but I was hoping for a bit more....ruthlessness? But in his time in Tokyo, it probably shows his conflict between his contractor and human sides.
LeiteDestinyDec 30, 2012 5:05 PM
Dec 30, 2012 6:34 AM
Mar 2012
LeiteDestiny said:
but I disagree with those not liking how Misaki knew then that it was Li. Throughout the series we see hints that she is connecting Li to Hei, but she either didn't want to believe it or felt enough evidence for it and I thought it was done well, except that's all that happened between her and Hei.)

Interesting. What hints did you pick up on that showed that she knew? It seemed way sudden and out of the blue for me. No buildup, but not just that, it would have been good to see what she made of that discovery.
Dec 30, 2012 6:52 PM
Jul 2011
superseiyan said:
LeiteDestiny said:
but I disagree with those not liking how Misaki knew then that it was Li. Throughout the series we see hints that she is connecting Li to Hei, but she either didn't want to believe it or felt enough evidence for it and I thought it was done well, except that's all that happened between her and Hei.)

Interesting. What hints did you pick up on that showed that she knew? It seemed way sudden and out of the blue for me. No buildup, but not just that, it would have been good to see what she made of that discovery.

I'm not sure if I can remember all the times when I picked up the hints, but especially the episode where she ran into him after seeing his back and put something to his back while saying "put your hands up". It seemed a bit to me that she didn't/couldn't believe that Li and Hei/BK201 were the same person because she didn't want to think of someone as kind as him to be a killer. There's also several times were she sees hints of BK201 looking like Li, like when his mask broke from a battle with Wei and she calls him to stop; his eye(and part of face) is revealed and she could probably somewhat see it. I'm not sure, but I just feel like it's not all that sudden for her to make the connection. I do feel sad that she doesn't get in contact with him anymore after she makes the connection ^^;
Jan 12, 2013 4:25 PM

Sep 2011
good end
Jan 13, 2013 1:18 PM

Jan 2012
I really expected much more. The ending was fine I guess, but not amazing. However, the show itself was still an incredible watch.

Jan 25, 2013 4:45 AM

Jun 2012
this not the very end at all so it's ok to me
Jan 31, 2013 11:39 PM

Jan 2013
oh wow. i was so confused at first hahaha. on netflix, the "beneath the cherry blossoms" OVA is grouped with the series, as the last episode of the last volume. It also wasnt numbered, so I just watched it assuming it was the last episode. I was like "wtf how is this last episode" and everyone seemed to be talking about the second to last episode I jsut watched. no duhh the oVA wasnt the last ep, stupid netflix not labeling it right haha. well, the 25th episode, aka last episode of the series, was decent. they couldve wrapped it up better. it was nice for how episodic the series was in general.

But Ive heard the manga is completely different? anyone know if thats true? I bet the story would be a lot better if this wasnt canon, it seemed like it had a bit of wasted potential.

Also, when Huang and Pai and Amber and Mao were with Hei in Hell's Gate, it looked like they materialized because of the wonders of hell's gate. and then when he shocked the place, they all disappeared in that orange light together. Later on, they say Amber teleported back in time at the last minute. With Pai? Not with the others, because they were actually dead..So wouldnt Pai not be inside Hei anymore? Or did Amber just go back in time, and they kinda mistaking animated it looking like they un-materialized as a group?
Feb 26, 2013 8:09 AM

Oct 2012
entire serie was good and it ended well, even though I had kinda weird feelings of it somewhere in middle of show .. nvm, lets move on to gaiden :D

I've got a bad habit of clicking spoilers too fast, then regret it ..

"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed."
Mar 3, 2013 3:14 PM

Oct 2010
a personally confusing ending to a good show, i think this will be a 9/10 but a very good 9/10 i am going to miss this series
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TheWestExit - Aug 3, 2007

101 by almightybismarck »»
May 14, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

windborn - Jul 31, 2007

75 by almightybismarck »»
May 13, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zel - Jul 21, 2007

105 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 4, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Jul 21, 2007

100 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 4, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 13, 2007

99 by TheMangaManiac »»
Mar 11, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.