Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 1, 2022 9:05 PM

Jun 2017
Fantastic finale to a really great series. The call back to OP1 brought back so many memories.
KYSODT
ALWAYS and FOREVER
infinite.
Jun 19, 2022 2:37 PM

May 2020
the last pachinko arc was too long imo however it was a really good ending to this great anime. Season one is better by all means but because of the beauty of ending, s2 is 9/10 for me. After all these things happened he could choose not to care about his friends and live his life with 60million yen however he didnt. Kaiji is the man you can trust <3

When the season one opening hit in the last scene of this episode, i couldn't hold the tears. After all these suffering, pain, stress and deaths they got the happy ending they deserved T_T

I forgot to mention about narrator. He is the reason that i give an extra point to kaiji. He gave the emotion to watchers with his performance and makes you see scenes through the kaiji's eyes. One of the best narrator in an anime i have seen with the one that is in rainbow nisha.
defaulticusJun 20, 2022 12:28 AM
Jul 15, 2022 2:02 AM

Jan 2020
It seems like they only made the ending fit well because the pachinko arc was stretched longer than it actually need to be. I don't think it was worth it, not that I'm one to care about clean endings. Seeing the range of emotions in the face of death and torture from Kaiji and everyone throughout the first season was one of the best parts of it. We spent over half this season kind of alone in the same room shifting back and forth between just tension and release. Also where's the だがしかし counter? Holy fuck if I wasn't playing Mahjong while watching this on the other monitor it would have been torture.
Sep 26, 2022 11:18 PM

Sep 2018
To stretch two games over twenty six episodes and still keep it exhilarating and even fresh, that takes some doing. I don't know if I would have had the same opinion if I was weekly watching this, but binging it all in only two days was a great experience.

Much crisper animation, some of the best metaphoric imagery in anime, bizarre and ingenious strategies and outcomes throughout, the narrator hyping every episode and scene up lol, what a ride. It's funny at times as well, the overreactions, the distorted faces, the dialogue, it can also make you laugh. 9/10.
Oct 2, 2022 5:42 PM

Dec 2019
That Akagi sign sent shivers down my spine, I only just begun the manga and wonder if that's a "canon reference".

Can't imagine what a pain in the ass this was for viewers following this while it as airing in 2011, oh well it was the same for Crunchyroll's comment-section with viewers anticipating the next episode only to realize it's the fifth Naruto or Bleach filler in a row.
Dec 26, 2022 9:58 PM
Oct 2020
stakes, insane logic and a ridiculously lucky and unlucky protagonist
Jan 1, 2023 5:53 PM

May 2022
i love how kaiji is still a loser gambling addict even after 2 seasons worth of torture and hell. makes him all the more human and i love him so much as a character for that
Jan 5, 2023 6:29 AM

Sep 2017
Good god it's finally over. The pachinko arc was pure torture. Well, I guess Kaiji decided to be a man to the very end
خ
Feb 14, 2023 11:24 PM

Apr 2022
kaiji hit the jackpot but never really becomes rich :( but he's still the GOAT for freeing his gang +1.

not as good as S1 but still a pretty solid on its own. just felt this pachinko arc dragged on for too long. still a 9/10 for me.
Jul 10, 2023 6:52 AM
Sep 2020
Honestly, it's an overall very satisfying anime. While the manga continues on after the anime end, it's a pretty good place for anime Kaiji's story to finish on.
Oct 14, 2023 9:18 PM
Mar 2020
One thing about Kaiji, is that no matter what he does and the sacrifices he has made, he will always end up with nothing in the end. Such a great series and although I am a bit late I would love to see a season 3 soon where Kaiji finishes off Hyoudo and Endou for good>:[

However, I hate the fact that the people Kaiji has aligned himself with always uses him for their own advantage and when the time comes to save Kaiji, they are never the first to step up. I hope that if a new season were to be released, we can see Kaiji put himself first rather that trying to save everyone all the time. But hey, thats just me. Overall, I really enjoyed this series and what an interesting finale on this season.
Jan 30, 9:18 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
It's end with nothing, like these whole 2 seasons of anime ended back to the start kaiji didn't have any money but at least he doesn't have any Debt (his friends debt actually), ahh and kaiji just looping from confident - fooled - cry the entire time
Mar 6, 2:01 PM
Oct 2017
Well we all knew Endo was going to fuck him over, but considering everything, things ended a lot better than expected, I expected the anime to give him a much more bleak end, I thought he would end in debt again or not able to give to same his friends, but he did, sure he lost the money, he's a gambler at heart and there are more arcs after this, but as far as the anime is concerned, I can close the story of Kaiji in my heart. Well done, the tragedy wasn't over done, and the ending was even heartwarming after all the mess. 10/10 show in my list!
Mar 6, 8:16 PM
Oct 2017
Kaiji might have been left without any money, but hey, he paid his debt, AND he won some friends, and yeah it sounds cheesy, but if you see how happy he is, I think that says a lot about his way of living, way to go, Kaiji.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen Episode 14 Discussion

Ruri-san - Oct 2, 2011

19 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 10, 4:02 AM

» Kaiji's Tragedy

Loveinsanithy - Apr 20

7 by bboy_OatsnRice »»
Apr 20, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShiroiRyu - Sep 20, 2011

86 by Phixiately »»
Mar 5, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShiroiRyu - Sep 16, 2011

71 by Phixiately »»
Mar 4, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Guns47 - Sep 8, 2011

95 by Phixiately »»
Mar 3, 5:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.