Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 24, 2011 1:20 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another excellent episode that is so full of rage towards Iijima, it's over 9000. First off looks like Iijima likes to rip out the clothing of Treesea and maybe make some form of love towards her from the looks of the following part (yeah I know the quality is a shitty 240p stream and I know it's hard to see) not anymore and now I can clearly see that cloth ripping.

Unfortunately the way my post points out in the next page the only revealing of that scene is a little flesh on the back of Treesea IMO. I still wonder how the heck can you have any form of love for a dream demon? Perhaps Iijima is in love with the spiritual world. Well anyways fuck Iijima seriously! I mean he suddenly barges at the end of episode and what? What? Suddenly steps on Yumeji's leg without him being able to do anything? WTF is that! I will also add Merry VS Treesea, was pathetic. Where are those super power keys to kill off Treesea and most likely Iijimasince he so infatuated with Treesea taht he will be joining her so we can get rid of both of them in one shot. That would make me :D Indeed! Seriously big WTF at Iijima and ripping out Treesea's clothing in the beginning. That was just plain O_o love. BTW I really had a urge to punch and rip apart Iijima but guess I can't.

Isana's muma looks like a FF9 black wizard that is chicken shit. In fact I am thinking Treesea herself is a wuss for planting cheap ass demons into people and slaughter them after like they were a baby that has a big sign saying "I am easy to kill!"

On the other hand Chizuru is the EPIC over 9000 in this episode. She just challenges Treesea, wakes the heck up to stand up for Isana and OST during that moment pawns all out heck yeah! I love that OST song. Chizuru is the super hero in this episode that made Treesea back off. Now I got to get her a spot in my hall of fame. She was completely bad ass despite not doing much, IMO to make Treesea back off it takes a lot.

Finally preview says, Treesea is going to get her shitty tight figure bashed in Engi's world with a coordinated attack of Merry/Lestion. So who's with me in killing Iijima? Discuss Iijima's hatred.

PS: New form of writing that is short and simple. Problem is that it will never express all of my thoughts. Drop me a profile comment with what you think of this flow and form.
Yumekichi11Mar 25, 2011 6:23 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 24, 2011 6:47 PM

Sep 2009
the fact that he said I'll 'wait untill the ending ceremony', made me assume a filler ep will come soon. Also that they now have time to kill Iijima with a gun. But that's probably too far-fetched.
Eat Dinner or you're a Sinner.
Mar 24, 2011 7:44 PM

Feb 2008
now i see why people get mad when anime deviates so much from the manga. this is boring and uninteresting. totally disappointed with development thus far.
Mar 24, 2011 7:47 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Isana's muma looks like a FF9 black wizard that is chicken shit.
He does look a lot like Vivi! I don't care if he's a coward, Palete is just adorable off the charts. >.<

TheoThompson said:
the fact that he said I'll 'wait untill the ending ceremony', made me assume a filler ep will come soon.
With only two episodes left? They better not.

Iijima will get what's coming to him soon enough. I hate him, so as a villain he succeeds quite well. I don't hate Treesea; she's more like the enjoyable sort of villain for me. *Sighs* Why are they waiting to kill them? The downfall of every villain is always their over confidence.

I want to see more of Kawanami's Dream Demon. All that build up with our heroes getting beaten to a pulp only to have the enemy retreat? Come on. Watching Merry getting twirled around like a doll could've been better. She was kicking ass just a little while ago, as far as I can remember. And how is Yumeji tripping all over with that sensei? I know he hurt his ankle, but he didn't even look like he was putting in a good effort to get passed him. Oh well, not the best episode, but I still enjoyed it for what it was. Oh, and I want the OST for this to be out already!
Mar 24, 2011 8:22 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I still wonder how the heck can you have any form of love for a dream demon? Perhaps Iijima is in love with the spiritual world. Well anyways fuck Iijima seriously! I mean he suddenly barges at the end of episode and what? What? Suddenly steps on Yumeji's leg without him being able to do anything? WTF is that! I will also add Merry VS Treesea, was pathetic. Where are those super power keys to kill off Treesea and most likely Iijimasince he so infatuated with Treesea taht he will be joining her so we can get rid of both of them in one shot. That would make me :D Indeed! Seriously big WTF at Iijima and ripping out Treesea's clothing in the beginning. That was just plain O_o love. BTW I really had a urge to punch and rip apart Iijima but guess I can't.

Yeah, I think Ijima is doing everything for himself and after Merry (I really hope it's just Merry) kicks Treesa's ass she realizes that Ijima a piece of shit and feels bad, but she's probably not going to get any forgiveness. I want to see Ijima get punched in the face, also. That would be an awesome way to finish them off. Ijima is just psychotic so he makes the perfect villain, but let's hope the villain meets his end in this show.
Mar 24, 2011 8:27 PM

Jun 2010
When I saw the beginning the first thing that came to my mind was "DREAM DEMONS CAN HAVE RELATIONSHIPS WITH HUMANS!!!!!!"

I hope that Palate doesn't die. That dream demon s like the perfect dream demon for Isana. The name is perfect it's shy, so when time goes by it'll casually warm up to Isana and both of them can be friends. I hope either Palate doesn't die or Palate doesn't go back to the dream world. Either way, I hope Palate stays with Isana.

Mar 24, 2011 8:28 PM

Nov 2008
The "final battle" after the tests in the end ceremony.

TheoThompson said:
the fact that he said I'll 'wait untill the ending ceremony', made me assume a filler ep will come soon.

In the preview it didn`t seem like a filler episode, so I think and hope it`s not a filler...
Mar 24, 2011 8:36 PM

Jan 2010
I've decided that I should probably read this manga now.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Mar 24, 2011 8:44 PM

Jun 2010
I have a feeling its just going to be a confrontation and "no real" action happens. But regardless I'll still watch because I'm still interested =)
Mar 24, 2011 8:55 PM

Jan 2010
Why do I fell like they made Merry look so weak this episode?after just a few hits she can't stand up? or rather, is Mysteltinn that powerful?..I do hope Merry takes out her keys again within the last two episodes :D, anyways, as far as I'm concerned, I like the manga better..
Mar 24, 2011 9:46 PM

Mar 2011
Somber, not much else than that but that's how I've been feeling this anime thus far.
~ Fallen Angel ~

Mar 24, 2011 9:52 PM

Jan 2008
Too much Manga discussion/comparison in this thread (or so it seems).

I'm not really liking how all the antagonists are just letting the protagonists "walk away". Elcres (or however you spell it) just ignores Engi and Merry when he was told about them and Treesea just lets them go when she probably coulda taken out Parade and Merry.

Anyways, I find the series really... stretching its limits.
Mar 24, 2011 10:29 PM

Oct 2010
that is a bad teacher. eh? so battle next episode?

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Mar 24, 2011 10:56 PM

Oct 2010
kisami said:
now i see why people get mad when anime deviates so much from the manga. this is boring and uninteresting. totally disappointed with development thus far.
I would like to have a comparison as long as it does not go beoynd the scope of what was in the episode of why it looks worse than the manga. Maybe I will just read the manga but I heard that the LN is better and farther.
Iilia said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Isana's muma looks like a FF9 black wizard that is chicken shit.
He does look a lot like Vivi! I don't care if he's a coward, Palete is just adorable off the charts. >.<
Adorable yes but coward is undeniable. I do think he might prove good ideas to Isana about her painting but in the end I think he better be sent off towards a better place where he can be happy.
prismheart said:
I want to see Ijima get punched in the face, also. That would be an awesome way to finish them off. Ijima is just psychotic so he makes the perfect villain, but let's hope the villain meets his end in this show.
Amen to that one. Definitely a good moment to do but with who? I think the most impact would be either Merry with Yumeji or a Isana slap. Either I want to have a good impression of it just like I had Sunda punching Dias in Fractale.
13man18 said:
When I saw the beginning the first thing that came to my mind was "DREAM DEMONS CAN HAVE RELATIONSHIPS WITH HUMANS!!!!!!"
and to think that only hentais depicted that kind of situation.
DuroDeMatar said:
TheoThompson said:

In the preview it didn`t seem like a filler episode, so I think and hope it`s not a filler...
IMO they can't afford any fillers near the end. There should be a constant nice flow and no calm interrupters, at least not at the 2 last episodes.

Mar 25, 2011 12:47 AM

Aug 2009
Okay, we found Orko, but where is Heman?
Mar 25, 2011 1:22 AM

Jul 2010
I don't quite understand this show.
btw, why that sensei&Mistleteinn didnt fight to the finish?
though they were at a distinct advantage...

zimnoMar 25, 2011 2:22 AM
Mar 25, 2011 1:34 AM

Sep 2007
Hmmmm since they're most likely going to push Treesea as the main antagonist for this show, does this mean JC Staff intend to get a second season green lit for Elcres Pharos?
Mar 25, 2011 2:17 AM

Jan 2009
Why... do I feel like this was a very useless episode?
I mean... sure, they found out that "HOLY CRAP the teacher is a bad guy!" and stuff, but really, it just felt like the content of this episode was next to nothing at all. >_>

Oh well, I'm more or less hoping Treesea will win, but still leaving that teacher dead.
I don't know how, but I want that to happen. Treesea is definitely the best character in this show, after all. Followed by... uh... Yui, I guess. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 25, 2011 2:22 AM

Mar 2011
This only confirmed what I thought before. Second season.

Reading the manga, I can say that the show is really faithful to it. So I don't think it will be a different end ala soul eater.
The manga just doesn't have enough volumes now, so they're creating a foe for the end of the first season, which is an introduction. And the serious things in the manga will begin later.

By the way, Good episode. I love Treesea. She's a complete b*tch, but a good one, I love to hate her.
Mar 25, 2011 2:38 AM

Sep 2010
Awesome episode, too bad it ended right when it gets epic (like always >.<)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2011 2:59 AM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Hmmmm since they're most likely going to push Treesea as the main antagonist for this show, does this mean JC Staff intend to get a second season green lit for Elcres Pharos?
I would certainly hope so.
zimno said:

It was black
What's black? I don't see any panties at all.
Oosran said:
Oh well, I'm more or less hoping Treesea will win,
But how? Treesea is a psycho killer female, the teacher is most likely psycho too but in pain/humiliation infliction, based on what he did to that student.
Oosran said:
I don't know how, but I want that to happen. Treesea is definitely the best character in this show, after all. Followed by... uh... Yui, I guess. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
What? Why not Merry, all the internet says she is the most amazing followed by Engi.

Mar 25, 2011 3:40 AM

Jul 2008
"DuroDeMatar" said:

Everything about Mistelteen and the teacher is filler actually...

"Yumekichi11" said:
Maybe I will just read the manga but I heard that the LN is better and farther.

As far as I know, there is no LN for Yumekui Merry. Not to mention that it can't go further because the source material is the Manga.
Mar 25, 2011 4:31 AM

Oct 2010
Nayrael said:
"Yumekichi11" said:
As far as I know, there is no LN for Yumekui Merry. Not to mention that it can't go further because the source material is the Manga.
Oh really? May have been misinformed around the net on that one, so the source material stops after Treesea arc or goes further?

Mar 25, 2011 4:58 AM
Nov 2008
Am I the only one that thought the second part of the episode was useless? I mean,they drag them to dream world.....Treesea kicks Merry's ass so hard that she couldn't fight back [ though idk when that happened cause it looked like Treesea didn't do much to hurt her] Kawanami and her muma sit back and watch and at the end Kawanami just ''walks'' past the enemy to say she ''protects her friend'' this seemed so surreal.Nothing actually happened.I expected cool fights jaws breaking every1 fighting the 2 enemies......and i get......what? A nice chat that looks more like a tea party in dream world than a confrontation...........O.o
Mar 25, 2011 5:35 AM

Mar 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Nayrael said:
"Yumekichi11" said:
Oh really? May have been misinformed around the net on that one, so the source material stops after Treesea arc or goes further?

Treesea, Kawanami and Ijima don't exist in the manga. At all . Everything else in the anime is faithful to the manga (except one character who should have had 5 or 10 seconds of screentime, but didn't, for a good reason), but treesea was added in order to have a big bad for the "first season".
Personally I like it, it gives the universe more depth, and with treesea, every dream demon except the good guys are not stupids "OMG HERACLES IS SO AWESOME YEAAAH".

It goes further, a lot. We are probably between the 2nd and et 3rd volume in the anime ( in the very beginning of the 3rd ,in fact, I think).
There are 6 volumes right now, and it's still ongoing. It doesn't look like it will end right now, because there are many plot twists in the end of the 5th volume.

(Also, for example, the scene with child!Merry and Child!Yumeji in the opening is the first pages of the manga. Make of this what you want.)

mel-hime said:
Am I the only one that thought the second part of the episode was useless? I mean,they drag them to dream world.....Treesea kicks Merry's ass so hard that she couldn't fight back [ though idk when that happened cause it looked like Treesea didn't do much to hurt her] Kawanami and her muma sit back and watch and at the end Kawanami just ''walks'' past the enemy to say she ''protects her friend'' this seemed so surreal.Nothing actually happened.I expected cool fights jaws breaking every1 fighting the 2 enemies......and i get......what? A nice chat that looks more like a tea party in dream world than a confrontation...........O.o

Well, Merry was never really about jaws breaking fights; in fact the serious fights should come later. Right now, to me, it was a good way to make the characters doubt themselves, especially Merry, who looks like a physical god since her fight with Engi. A good humiliation for them. They literally cannot do anything whitout hurting people, and even if they could, they are not heroes, they wouldn't have th strenght to do it. (Of course, this being a shonen...)
And the most important point was undoubtedly Kawanami deciding to move and accepting her own feelings, something which was out of the question before. She'll probably be the key of eps 12 and 13, even more than Merry. She isn't, like Treesea, supposed to be here after all.
willardhwrightMar 25, 2011 5:46 AM
Mar 25, 2011 5:38 AM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
zimno said:

It was black

I'm very disappointed in you.
Mar 25, 2011 6:06 AM

Jul 2008
Kill the teacher in the real world: no need for ep 12. LOL

Of course, the most efficient options are ALWAYS ignored in any story, whether a novel, manga, light novel, short story, anime, soap opera, other TV series....lol
Mar 25, 2011 6:15 AM

Oct 2010
zimno said:
Yumekichi11 said:
zimno said:

It was black

I'm very disappointed in you.
It could still be nothing. Yeah ok I agree with you, on the other hand I rotated the pic after Ijima tears off part of the clothing of Treesea, don't see anything particular though in the spoiler

Mar 25, 2011 6:51 AM

Mar 2011
entropy13 said:
Kill the teacher in the real world: no need for ep 12. LOL

Of course, the most efficient options are ALWAYS ignored in any story, whether a novel, manga, light novel, short story, anime, soap opera, other TV series....lol

Well, the characters don't even want to hurt someone's DREAM, so killing someone is certainly a big no (and it would likely be a no in real life, too)
Mar 25, 2011 7:14 AM

Sep 2010
treesea had some nice fanservice moves in the fight :D.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2011 7:50 AM

Jan 2011
geez, I was really hoping for John Doe to appear... -.-
I'm kinda disappointed.
And I hope that Chizuru has a good explanation why she hasn't rescued other dream demons so far. Although I have the feeling that her dream demon's only chance to defeat treesea is coming up with a good plan.
Mar 25, 2011 7:51 AM

Mar 2011
It's a shame that we have not had a closer look after Ijima teared off her clothes.
By the way, the relationship between theses two is quite... strange. Seriously, Treesea was even CUTE and vulnerable when he took her in his arm, what the. It's not really my idea of an horrible sadist.

I'm expecting some tragic backstory which explain why she is a complete monster, but is nice and opened her heart to him. Not sure if it would be a bad or a good thing.

geez, I was really hoping for John Doe to appear... -.-
I'm kinda disappointed.
And I hope that Chizuru has a good explanation why she hasn't rescued other dream demons so far. Although I have the feeling that her dream demon's only chance to defeat treesea is coming up with a good plan.

John was supposed to appear in the "manga's story". So don't worry, if they adapt it later, you'll see. He is awesome (well, even more than he usually is).
About Chizuru, well, I think we already know it given her backstory. But we will probably have more details about her later.

willardhwrightMar 25, 2011 7:58 AM
Mar 25, 2011 8:07 AM

Jun 2008
kisami said:

Yeah i haven't even read the manga and while watching this episode i felt that something was wrong and not very well thought. Seriously this last two episodes almost showed nothing. Mary losing like that was also stupid making it clear that wasn't the manga script but some amateur trying to write staff.
Seriously that was too easy a defeat and the the whole not getting-up while Treesea just couldn't stop talking and finally try to kill that little midget was ridiculous. It was screaming "Yeah am not following the manga anymore and i don't really know what to put there to make a decent story".

The teacher btw seems more crazy than Treesea is. He also seems to be getting it down with his dream demon. Well Treesea looks very fuckable so i can't blame him. I didn't knew you can to that with your dream demon though. Now i want a hot female dream demon too.

In the end i must say am quite disappointed by this last two episodes. They where slow and didn't offer anything. the produces just seem to try to prolong the whole Treesea business with useless scenes so they can end it with her and not having to go into Pharo's plot because they don't have enough episodes.
Mar 25, 2011 8:58 AM
Nov 2008
That was...anticlimactic. They had some good build up going there. I was all ready for some ass to be kicked, but then all of a sudden, "Nevermind, we'll do this after exams". I'm sure it's just an elaborate ruse to fill out the rest of the season, but I felt really disappointed at the end of the episode.
Mar 25, 2011 10:27 AM

Apr 2010
Pretty nice episode ones again tho i have to say that Merry's performance was a bit disappointing i hope she will be back to the old Merry soon again.
I was also kind of hoping John Doe would make a appearance ones again in this episode but this wasn't the case but maybe next time.

The way this anime is currently going suggests a second season but i guess this is just speculation from my part.

Chizuru jumping in at the last moment was nice of her and tho it took her a while to make that decision and i don't think her dream demon would mind.
Tho i wonder what he thinks of Chizuru's friendship with Isana.
I also wonder what she is planning on doing next time and how her dream demon will effect her on this since it seemed they where close to achieving that goal they where after.

I wonder if Isana had any clue what they where up to and i wonder how she will respond next time.
There is also the question of how Yumeji will deal with the teacher.
Mar 25, 2011 10:28 AM
Oct 2007
Final battle with everyone involve except Chaser John Doe. I hope he stage a comeback!
Mar 25, 2011 10:46 AM
Apr 2010
Sigh.... Infinite Stratos was a let down, then I watch this thinking it would be 5x better in terms of action + plot.... nope I was wrong.... But it's still better. XD
Mar 25, 2011 11:23 AM

Aug 2010
That's one evil teacher, looks pretty cool that way ;)

Mar 25, 2011 12:49 PM

Feb 2010
Episode was a letdown. Villain just randomly leaves at the end again? How many times are they gonna pull that crap? Wish they would just have Merry whip out those keys again and show that gun guy actually fighting something and be done with it, cause this shit is getting dragged out.
Mar 25, 2011 12:52 PM

May 2009
the only thing I liked about this ep was Palete, SINCE HE LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE VIVI FROM FINAL FANTASY 9!!!
Mar 25, 2011 1:30 PM
Nov 2010
Am i the only one that sees what Treesea just did?

Before fight- We will protect Isana and defeat Treesea
During fight- We can't win she is to strong

Treesea basically may them feel like she can come and kill the dream demon whenever she wants and their is nothing they can do to stop her. So yeah, even though the dream demon is still alive and Isana is okay, I'll say the victory is for Treesea.
Mar 25, 2011 2:57 PM

Jul 2010
Well that was one sexy opening scene. I totally didn't expect that! o.o
Argh, I really hate that teacher. Everybody trusted him and now he's being an asshole. Parade was so damn cute though. As expected from Isana's dream demon! =D

The whole gang coming togheter (except Threepiece) in the day dream was really cool. Merry was quite powerless in comparison to Treesea though. The confrontation is bound to be great and hopefully they'll find a way to defeat her as a team.

They really have to save Isana next episode so the one after that can be a happy ending! D:

Mar 25, 2011 4:45 PM

Jul 2010
Yumeji should just stab that teacher in the real world and it would e all over.
Mar 25, 2011 5:15 PM

Sep 2009
@ Kunai : If only it could be that easy. xD
Mar 25, 2011 5:19 PM

Oct 2010
epicness :D
i hope Yumeji gets some type of fighting powers, that would be cool.
Mar 25, 2011 6:02 PM
Feb 2010
That fight was pathetic. I want Merry to power-up again and kickass.
Also, if I was Yumeji, I'd tell Ijima that I won't see him at the ceremony because he'll be dead. I'd just kill him and see if Treesea died too.
I really hope they end the season with an awesome battle and not alot of talk with little fighting.
Mar 25, 2011 6:27 PM

Apr 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
I still wonder how the heck can you have any form of love for a dream demon?
The old rule: as long as it’s cute.
Cat, traps, even a dream demon is fine too :D

QKunai said:
Yumeji should just stab that teacher in the real world and it would e all over.
With Yumeji in jail…
Merry might be able to do it though, after all she never really “exist” in the real world, at least legally. No birth, no family, no relatives, no history, no identity.
Mar 25, 2011 6:30 PM

May 2009
Sad display by Merry and Yumeji. Woefully underprepared, outwitted and overpowered. After experiencing something like that, someone in Yumeji's position should be desperate enough to at least consider taking that crap teacher out in the real life. Sigh.
Mar 25, 2011 8:02 PM

Apr 2009
All I can say is that:
Kawanami = Homura
Isana = Madoka

Other than that, the episode was anticlimatic... do I need to say more? You guys already stated what I was gonna say. xD
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Mar 25, 2011 8:30 PM
Mar 2010
Nothing happened again. Treesea hesitated like fifteen times that episode. I suppose I could just attribute it to her wanting to play around, but still, she had so many opportunities to just finish the job.

Fight scene was pretty lackluster. Apparently Merry can only take a few slaps?

Having read the manga I am quite disappointed that they deviated like this. Maybe next episode will finally have something happen, instead of just waiting until the last episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

73 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.