Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 3, 2011 3:15 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

OMG! Yui is super adorable just like the previous episode. XD Also, I loved how she was able to switch back and forth with Engi by giving a couple of cutesy knocks on her head.

Alright, jokes aside, there wasn't that much progress in the plot as Yumeji, Merry, and Engi talks about how it is currently impossible to send back the muumas without actually "killing" them. Oh, we get to learn who the bad guy is!

Mar 3, 2011 6:01 PM

Feb 2008
I believe that sensei got a mumeii and he is the boss of the all. Herculas!!
Since it seem like he have take him over 100%.

Looking forward next episode!!

The other girl that are befriend with Izunas also probably try to save her.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 3, 2011 9:16 PM

Jun 2010
That teacher just totally surprised me with that. I kinda got the feeling he had a dream demon, but I didn't know it would go as far as to kick the student when she's down.

I also can't believe Isana has a dream demon. The anime has more plots than the manga. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!!!!

Mar 3, 2011 9:28 PM

Jul 2010
Isana, nooo~!

Crazy teacher the steals dreams - That could be cool.
Crazy teacher who beats people when they're down - Mothertrucking die. Now.

Engi and Yui are so awesome. I love how they switch personalities off and on, confusing Merry and bringing on many adorable expressions. I wonder how they'll deal with the Dreamons if they can't kill them. Maybe they can force them out without killing them? Maybe they can somehow restore their dreams afterwards?

Kawanami, Chizuru shows emotion! I'm glad Isana reached her. Like Yumeji said, she's an ally... right? I hope so.

We need more donuts and John Dew.

Depending on how this show ends I may be tempted to go read the manga. So sad that it's almost over. Am I the only one hopelessly awaiting the announcement of a second season? :s
Mar 3, 2011 9:29 PM

Jul 2009
Really good episode :O So basically killing a dream demon will kill the dream too ... kind of figured that one out already though :P
Some cute / funny moments as well, like getting confused about Play / Yui :P
Also, wow, that girl can force them into humans? Then kills them? She's ... with that teacher guy ... wow. I liked him! D; Didn't expect him to go all crazy like that O_O Wonder if he's taken over or cooperating?
So now Isana had a dream demon forced into her I bet ... wow. That girl Kawanasami ... or something? She can go into dreams too? O_O Interesting ...
Mar 3, 2011 10:29 PM

Aug 2009
Nuuuu!!!! ISANA!!!!

Anyways, I think I'm starting to see how everything will come together for the end. Idk if they'll leave it open for a 2nd season though. It's getting pretty close to 12 eps... T_T
Sig iz in deh makingz

Still learningz

:3
Mar 3, 2011 10:51 PM

Apr 2009
OMG~~~~ Not Isana~! D:
Mar 3, 2011 11:38 PM

Sep 2007
Uhuhuhu so more players finally enter the stage. But who is using Kawanami as their vessel? Maybe it's Play's sister or something.

The other dream demon says if you kill a dream demon, the vessel pretty much loses the will to go on. But as we've seen so far, Merry exterminating the dream demons does not result in this. She obviously has some form of special skill that allows her to move between the dream worlds and reality as she pleases. I still believe that she is some form of gatekeeper that is capable of separating dreams and reality.
WasabiMar 3, 2011 11:53 PM
Mar 4, 2011 12:10 AM

Feb 2008
This show needs more Yui.

Looks like things are starting to heat up now. Wonder what Yumeji and crew are going to do now that Isana has been taken over.
Mar 4, 2011 12:18 AM

Sep 2009
What that teacher did was pretty rotten. Just imagine if you were her friend and you saw that.
Mar 4, 2011 1:02 AM

Jan 2009
HOLY SHI-
Dream Demons, they live in people's dreams. Wow.
I sure didn't see that coming.
... *sighs*
Oh well. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

And don't you just love when it turns out that your teacher is... um... Actually, nevermind.
Also, Yui, and then Treesea, are definitely my favourite characters in this anime <3
OosranMar 4, 2011 1:20 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 4, 2011 1:58 AM

Aug 2010
I agree with everyone, Yui wins by being adorable to the brim <3

Engi is really cool - I'm happy she ended up as an ally.

The last part of the show confused me. Who is that alpaca-girl with her gun?
She's not elcres, and the teacher is Mistilteinn, but who is she, and what is her agenda?

As always, next week can't come fast enough.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 4, 2011 3:58 AM

Jul 2008
They cut a big bunch of the adventure in the Clown's dreamworld. Can't complain tough: it was pretty boring in th manga.

I am quite sure there will be a 2nd season. Else, they would have Pharaoh Hercules as the main villain rather then introduce another one (the Kind Teacher).
Mar 4, 2011 4:56 AM

Jun 2009
Wow, that crackhead teacher abused that helpless girl.

Isana is the next target oh noes! I wonder what kind of dream eater she have. On the bright side, Yui is adorable in this episode, especially her hiding skills. Anyone would like to make a gif on that?
Mar 4, 2011 5:00 AM

Jun 2008
Nayrael said:
They cut a big bunch of the adventure in the Clown's dreamworld. Can't complain tough: it was pretty boring in th manga.

I am quite sure there will be a 2nd season. Else, they would have Pharaoh Hercules as the main villain rather then introduce another one (the Kind Teacher).

So you mean the remaining episodes will focus on the teacher alone? Hmm... i guess, i have to go for the manga to see the Pharos plot. Btw is Pharos from the Greek word "light-tower" and Pharaoh right? It makes more sense since dream demons follow his light instead of him being named like an Egyptian pharaoh. I mean even the second name is Greek so i guess that's where they got the naming inspiration for the guy.
Well now i guess Pharos is the blond guy with the black eyes.

Anyway, i just can't get why didn't Yumeji already realized so he can tell Merry and make her feel better, the fact that Merry really is different if people get their dream killed when their dream demon dies. That didn't happen when Merry beat-up that guy who took over Yumeji's friend. So they probably don't die and Merry can feel free to kick their ass all she wants but hey even if hey do she doesn't have to worry about hurting humans.
That difference was so obvious, that is stupid that Yumeji didn't think of it and am afraid that the creators may do something even more stupid and make Merry and Yumeji not attack the dream demon in Isana because they will be afraid for her well being ignoring what happened before with his other friend.
Mar 4, 2011 5:11 AM

Aug 2010
I'm glad that the teacher is so sadistic because he'll make an even better villain. Well, actually she'll make a good villain. Isana was really cute how she got so jealous, I really hope they can save her instead of destroying her dreams.
Mar 4, 2011 5:21 AM

Apr 2008
I think episode 9 just killed this series for me.

I mean, they cut a pretty significant part of original story in favour of what? Little Isana fan service? Sigh

The teacher isnt the one who took down that girl. It was the transfer student who did it. She also seem to have "gathered" something from her. Why and what role teacher plays, will probably be told later on.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Mar 4, 2011 6:58 AM
Dec 2010
From what I heard the teacher doesn't exist in thel manga, is that right? Got to admit though, I never expected him to be THAT brutal on the girl. I love his mad face though.

Good episode I guess, more talk than action but some background info more or less. Treesea made another appearance worthy of her character. Looking forward to the next episode while steadily approaching the end.
Mar 4, 2011 6:59 AM

Jul 2010
tecu said:
Before Yumekui Merry and Madoka episode 9s:

Madoka >>> Yumekui Merry

Suddenly...

Yumekui Merry > Madoka

if isana will die the next episode

then yumekui merry >>> madoka
Mar 4, 2011 8:12 AM

Jul 2010
Very nice episode. Good to see the whole matter with the killing of dream demons being the cause of dream-loss. Good to see Engi and Merry are on better terms now as well.

Yui is so adorable.
"You can rely on your onee-san!"
"I'm a second year"
"..."
"You can rely on your imouto onee-san" xD

On the other hand the teacher is actually Treesea, I figured as much. Sadistic bitch kicking that girl while she's on the ground...

But worst of all: poor Isana is the next victim! ;_;
OnyxthegreatMar 4, 2011 9:54 AM

Mar 4, 2011 8:21 AM

Nov 2008
So it looks like they will take a similar route as Pandora Heart did and create an anime-specific ending instead of setting up for a sequel.
Mar 4, 2011 8:45 AM

Oct 2010
I teacher is a Bad-As* i knew it. he looked so Bad.
How can some one eat rice like that ?
Mar 4, 2011 9:04 AM

Feb 2008
chaelmi said:
tecu said:

Madoka >>> Yumekui Merry

Suddenly...

Yumekui Merry > Madoka

madoka is a philosophical story in a different way than this one. although this one is less tragic. i would not compare them in this context.

still though, its not enough that he destroys her dream but beats her up too...
Mar 4, 2011 10:33 AM

Oct 2010
what a great episode, wouldn't of know that teacher would of been a dream demon! this series is getting better and more interesting each episode, fave episode so far
Mar 4, 2011 11:13 AM

Aug 2010
The teacher was so cool, yandere like :')

Mar 4, 2011 11:16 AM

Mar 2010
But Merry CAN send them back.. remember when one light blue haired girl with classes who had to meet a guy and so on (prez or something) .. Merry beat that guy and the light blue haired girl is still normal :O

ayways, its getting pretty good.. too bad it's a 13 ep show :(
Mar 4, 2011 12:03 PM

Jan 2010
I've got a question: if Merry's here without a vessel, does that mean that she could become one herself?
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Mar 4, 2011 12:32 PM
Feb 2011
I really liked that teacher, but something about him did ring a bell in the back of my head, oh well at least play and merry are friends now
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Mar 4, 2011 12:34 PM

Aug 2010
flame_master_14 said:
I've got a question: if Merry's here without a vessel, does that mean that she could become one herself?

That's actually a pretty interesting question. Do dreams have dreams themselves?
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 4, 2011 1:07 PM

Sep 2010
I liked this episode it's really getting interesting
I'm looking foorward for the next episode ;) to bad this is a 13-episode anime!
Mar 4, 2011 1:51 PM

Nov 2007
Oosran said:
Dream Demons, they live in people's dreams. Wow.
I sure didn't see that coming.
... *sighs*
Oh well. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

I concur. That scene made me facepalm so much.

The interaction with Yui and Engi was very nice, good to see Merry & Engi teaming up.
That teacher was such an obvious choice, him hearing all the students dreams first hand.
But he's great as a villain.l
Mar 4, 2011 2:24 PM

Nov 2009
So... The transfer student - who is she really if the teacher has Treesea?

I am loving this, they find out she has become possessed just as they can't fight back.

Also <3 Yui.
Mar 4, 2011 2:49 PM

Dec 2008
Things are not going to go well for Engi and Merry if they can't destroy the Dream Demons without destroying the vessel.

That sensei was just plain EVIL!!

I'm so scared for Isana. How are they going to save her?
Mar 4, 2011 4:02 PM

Nov 2008
Finally an interesting episode with a few revelations. I imagine that the gun Chizuru is holding will serve a "bigger" purpose in the future.
Mar 4, 2011 4:27 PM

Jan 2011
i Knew that teacher was Batsh*t crazy from the first time i saw him,but i didn't think he would be that bad enough to kick a girl till she bleeds :( now i'm only left wondering if that blonde guy is bad or not.
Mar 4, 2011 4:31 PM

Nov 2008
I became speechless after this episode o_O

Let's see John Doe went inside Yumeji's dream to take his body and that what's currently happening to Isana... She will get a daydream to be a vessel for freakin Elcres then to be slaughtered by Treesea... wth...

Why is Kawanami seemed to have no powers at all? I won't be surprised if she is like Yumeji that can enter daydream without a muma xDD

It seems there will be a second season for this :D final boss in this season would most likely Treesea then next season would be Elcres xDD It won't be enough if they could pull out Elcres at the near end since it's already episode 9 o_O Perhaps they can do that...

Lylaaz said:
But Merry CAN send them back.. remember when one light blue haired girl with classes who had to meet a guy and so on (prez or something) .. Merry beat that guy and the light blue haired girl is still normal :O
^I'm not so sure about that... Mei's dream is to meet Chris in person but since Chris sent him to oblivion... Chris said some nice parting words that's why Mei did not have "dream loss syndrome". She stopped dreaming, gave up on him and moved on but what you said is also plausible. :D Besides Mei achieved her dream so I guess she has no regrets xDD

flame_master_14 said:
^good question but I think it will be explained soon. I think Merry's keys represent something during her battle with Engi, perhaps it could open the door connected to the both human and dream worlds that's why she entered the human world without a vessel... Dang too much Kingdom Hearts xDD
DenjaXMar 4, 2011 4:34 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 4, 2011 5:33 PM

Apr 2008
There’s the senior with Chris, but had to admit it’s still surprising to see female shaped demon in male body. Thankfully the fights will mostly be done in dream field, else… seeing her getting all hysteric (well, average chance that will happen typically) in that body is kind of weird ^^;;
Now, are both of them getting along well (read: that guy is screwed up even before meeting her) or she’s taking over. Seems to be the first option though, because his eyes doesn’t change.

Getting to wonder what Chizuru’s allegiance with Elcrest, or if Elcrest himself would come for retribution against Mistletain for killing his men.

But seeing the number of episodes left, what do everyone think the plot will be ? Maybe until book 5 (Merry’s real identity) and changing the fight against Noir with Mistletain (the hidden boss character) and leave an open ending pushing Elcrest fight after the anime story (or second season if things gone well).

PS: didn’t hear it clearly, what did Engi said Mistletain’s ability is ? Only heard the part of forcefully pulling human and demons into her field, but aren’t all demon have that ability ?
Mar 4, 2011 8:25 PM

Sep 2008
Yui is adorable with her escaping tactic. <3
Needs more cats and donuts though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2011 9:33 PM

Feb 2011
That teacher is CRAZY! Beating a girl up when she's on the ground. Unconscious none the less. I wonder what the red haired girl's part in all of this will be?
Mar 4, 2011 10:43 PM

Jul 2010
kisami said:
chaelmi said:
tecu said:

Madoka >>> Yumekui Merry

Suddenly...

Yumekui Merry > Madoka

madoka is a philosophical story in a different way than this one. although this one is less tragic. i would not compare them in this context.

still though, its not enough that he destroys her dream but beats her up too...
I get what you're saying, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess they're comparing them in terms of enjoyment. I'm the same way. Madoka Magica and Yumekui Merry are my two favorites this season just because they're the most entertaining. Although I think Madoka will end up being better than Yumekui Merry. I say that because I've got a bad feeling the ending of YM will not satisfy. :/
Mar 4, 2011 10:56 PM

May 2009
I'd like to stomp on that sensei plenty right now. Twisted bastard.
Mar 5, 2011 1:25 AM
Mar 2010
Wait...
I don't remember Isana having a dream demon. Is this a filler, or are they skipping chapters to where they haven't been translated yet?
Mar 5, 2011 3:13 AM

Jun 2010
nseika said:
PS: didn’t hear it clearly, what did Engi said Mistletain’s ability is ? Only heard the part of forcefully pulling human and demons into her field, but aren’t all demon have that ability ?

Her ability is insert dream demoms lured by the lighthouse into human vessels.
Mar 5, 2011 8:20 AM

Jul 2010
Lylaaz said:
^I'm not so sure about that... Mei's dream is to meet Chris in person but since Chris sent him to oblivion... Chris said some nice parting words that's why Mei did not have "dream loss syndrome". She stopped dreaming, gave up on him and moved on but what you said is also plausible. :D Besides Mei achieved her dream so I guess she has no regrets xDD

or maybe mei's dream is not really to meet chris, i mean its not her primary dream, maybe mei wants to be a romance novel writer or something!
Mar 5, 2011 9:31 AM

Nov 2008
Isana! D:

Pretty good episode, now we know that they can`t beat the muma because the dreams of the vessels are hostages, and we clearly know that the muma in the teacher is Juukai (Sea of trees). Can`t wait for next one.
Mar 5, 2011 9:52 AM

Sep 2009
That was definitely a plot-filled episode. o _o Looking forward to the next episode.

Interesting though, MAL has put Engi back as a supporting character. :U
Mar 5, 2011 11:03 AM

Nov 2010
Hm. Let's see what happens next now, people are going to die i guess..or at least their dreams.
Mar 5, 2011 2:00 PM

Jul 2009
I think I agree with Merry about returning to the dream world. Just think about. We were said that Elcres somehow "sends" mumas to the reality (it seems he is in front of them in dreams). And we also know that he killed Patty IN THE REALITY. So, after a little thinking, comes an interesting conclusion: Pharos is able to go to both dream and real world.
Mar 5, 2011 2:03 PM

Jul 2009
I think that returning to the dream world is possible because Elcres in my opinion is able to cross the border between dream world and reality
Mar 5, 2011 3:24 PM

Aug 2010
I knew it that bastard Ijima-sensei was hiding something. Hope Isana won't die because I really like her. :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

73 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.