Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 27, 2019 7:50 PM
Mar 2015
Don't worry This was exactly the result they both wanted Super boy got to kill Mr Science and Mr Science got him off his back because he thinks he has solved the problem
Jul 27, 2019 11:14 PM

May 2018
So finally they decided to show the girl in the Opening. Love this episode as we saw Senku's childhood and his loving father which is nice, the episode also shows the other survivors except for the 4 of them. Gonna wait another week to see what happened at the last scene as it gives weird feeling because of the unexpected cuts.
EsieEyenJul 27, 2019 11:17 PM

Jul 28, 2019 3:06 AM
Jan 2018
Tiago_KT said:
A show about science when this is just imagination. There are 2 examples: in 3700 years the world will not be like there (way to unrealistic acity will not dissapears only in 3700 years), and the rocket launch is to laught when we think this is an anime based on science.

It's a show about a guy that likes science and that same guy uses it . If the show was about science then this would be like the dumbell series
Jul 28, 2019 3:46 AM

Jan 2013
Honestly the flashback was way more interesting than the main timeline's plot.
Jul 28, 2019 4:11 AM

Dec 2014
ok like the bath scene had to be done...hmmm
Jul 28, 2019 4:38 AM

May 2019
Understanding the backstory and philosophy that drives Senku's ideology and why he has a different one to Tsukasa is pretty interesting. It provides a different aspect to Senku, so he isn't basically a robot in a human's body lmao, sometimes his emotions override his sense of logic.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 28, 2019 5:56 AM

Feb 2017
dat cliffhanger literally to be continued meme

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 28, 2019 7:23 AM

Apr 2013
not gonna lie, they had us in the first half.
Jul 28, 2019 7:45 AM
Apr 2018
In a logical world I believe that Senkū and Tsukasa's motivations should've aligned them together, not opposing each other. Then again, this is a japanese product and my conrad Tsukasa who seems to be Mao's wet dream doesn't really feel like a person the audience would be willing to accept...
Jul 28, 2019 8:20 AM

May 2009
seikanyuuki said:
Hmm .. basically almost nothing happened in this episode. Boring.

Yeah, they didn't make a black powder, other human girl didn't appear near and Tsukasa didn't seemingly kill Senkuu.
TsukuyomiREKT said:
It's a fucking shounen. Like I don't know what some of you were expecting. Suspension of disbelief is basically required for every shounen story, even the more realistic ones. Aspects are going to be exaggerated and you should expect that going into it. It just really surprises me how many people don't understand the basics of this genre.

Shounen is not a genre, it doesn't specify anything about the plot, Koe no katachi, Death Note, SnK are shounen because they were published in shounen manga magazine.
Crashmatt said:
I strongly dislike Yuzuriha's new hair. It sucks

Doesn't matter, next episode will be last for her to appear for long time.
Jul 28, 2019 9:36 AM
Mar 2018
Ai vc ta de boas pegando os ingredientes para fazer uma bombinha e do nada aparece um robô avisando que nao pode fazer... #chateada kkk
Sem ciências nem estariamos tao longe como estamos, msm assim os ETs nao querem contatos conosco... Tão certos, nem eu quero lol
Espero do fundo do meu coração que o Senkuu Ishigami esteja vivo... nao vai fazer sentido sem ele....
Jul 28, 2019 9:55 AM

Sep 2017
excellent episode. I'm really looking forward to the next one :D
Jul 28, 2019 12:01 PM

Oct 2013
RIP Yuzuriha's beautiful hair. :(

I find pacing quite awkward in this anime. Sometimes it feels rushed, like in the beginning of this episode, sometimes it feels proper like in the last 1/4 part.

Senkuu's childhood was very nicely adapted.
Jul 28, 2019 1:56 PM

Apr 2017
I love this show. Hopefully Tsukasa didn't actually kill him. At the end of the episode it looked like he just passed by Senku, but it sounded like he slit his throat.
Jul 28, 2019 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
Tsukasa would have been a decent feudal lord honestly. I don't mean good as good person, but he'd be damn good at it.
Jul 28, 2019 9:08 PM
Mar 2018
It was really good to see Senku's love for science and discovery. It showed us that if you have the will you can achieve anything even without science that is.
Jul 28, 2019 9:49 PM

Jul 2017
Senku is taking a BIG risk against Tsukasa, that's for sure. And other people are alive too. And Taiju really had us cock-blocked for his love for Yuzuriha, bath scene was...just?

The BIG pointer is Senku's backstory, which shows that once you start, you cannot help yourself to stop. But regardless of Tsukasa's shred of humanity, it's worth his shard of thinking. There are definitely pros and cons to each his own.

This episode is fire, literally 0 to 100 within moments.
KANLen09Jul 28, 2019 9:53 PM
Jul 28, 2019 9:58 PM
May 2016
phantomfandom said:
I actually think school scene is very good, maybe Dr. Stone will be better if set in school setting? Even though thousands of anime already been there done that? Because I want Senku and Tsukasa become friend
phantomfandom said:
I actually think school scene is very good, maybe Dr. Stone will be better if set in school setting? Even though thousands of anime already been there done that? Because I want Senku and Tsukasa become friend

... Not to be rude but that defeats the point of why this entire anime is such a frickin breath of fresh air my dude
Jul 28, 2019 10:03 PM
May 2016
_Goldee_ said:
I love this show. Hopefully Tsukasa didn't actually kill him. At the end of the episode it looked like he just passed by Senku, but it sounded like he slit his throat.

I don't think he's actually dead. If he died then the whole thing would go up in smoke! Just saying it's improbable that that's what happenw
Jul 28, 2019 11:26 PM

Feb 2017
Not a bad episode at all but jeez what a cliffhanger.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Jul 28, 2019 11:57 PM
Jan 2019
NOOOOO, SENKU! Damn!.
What can I say? This episode left me with goosebumps, and the end in shock. It was full of tension and emotion. It was a mixture of feelings, from laughter to sadness and frustration.
This anime, without a doubt, is one of the jewels of the season, the best of the best. It has exceeded my expectations. In addition to the great plot and history that it has, I learn science in a fun way and also about survival. By the way, I think I'll blow up some things after this episode 😅.
See Yuzuriha willing to sacrifice himself for civilization, Senku firmly regarding his scientific ideal and save his friend's beloved, and his memories: His father, Taiju and Yuzuriha. Oh man, I almost dropped a tear of a male. What admirable people. Senku, you have all my respect. He is a true man.
I'm starting to love this anime.

Got damn! Obviously, I know it is impossible for Senku to die so fast, but this feeling of fear cannot be taken away. I thought the blonde girl with the smoke signal would stop Tsukasa. Well, just wait for the next episode. And the truth is that I can't wait!

"You can apply science diligently to do everything" -Father of Senku-

Ps: The ending of this anime is great 👌. I just can't skip it.
Jul 29, 2019 3:17 AM

Jun 2013
Taiju Simpleton might have a heart of gold but honestly, he is the most fucking annoying character. He has his good points, which will be revealed in the next episode but if he didn't collect branches far away then he could've intercepted Tsukasa.

We got a glimpse of, in my opinion, is the BEST GIRL of this series. She will be properly introduced in the next episode. There is another special smol best girl but I won't spoil too much.

I believe in the manga when Senkuu's dad sold his car to buy his son all his science equipment, he was also crying. Doesn't seem like he was crying in this episode. Best dad ever!
臭い-
Jul 29, 2019 9:54 AM

May 2009
Bibimbapski said:
Taiju Simpleton might have a heart of gold but honestly, he is the most fucking annoying character.

He will be gone for some time after next episode.
Jul 29, 2019 10:15 AM

Nov 2009
NOOOOO THE HAIR.... NOT THE HAIR!!!!!

I like long hair girls.... very disappointed with this decision.

Also... If there's no one to stop Taizan dude... it feel like he'll rape Yuzuriha or something... cause even tho Taizan dude claims to be good, but deep down he's broken shit and loves violence. (which is the main recipe for ppls that rape others)

Meanwhile the other dude... still literally does nothing... all he do is run around collecting materials... (which apparently is what he's been doing since childhood... lol)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 29, 2019 11:08 AM
Jul 2019
Well, this anime is a dark comedy. Don't try to read too much into the "science" if you want to enjoy it. I mean really. Something turned all humans and some birds into stone on Earth? Hmmm. Well there needs to be an apocalypse for the setting and most of them have been done to death, (no pun intended) so I give them points for originality.

Aside from some birds being turned to stone, I fail to understand why the once human statues have lost their clothes or how one human male can kill a full grown lion in one punch, but if I suspend my belief and I take it as a dark comedy fantasy, I can enjoy it. I was enjoying the characters & their antics while hoping this show gets the kids interested in science. Now, I hope they don't end another episode with a cheesy cliff hanger.
Jul 29, 2019 2:18 PM

Jul 2019
Binge read the entire manga over this. No regrets. No life though but also... NO REGRETS!
Jul 29, 2019 4:06 PM

Nov 2017
Short_Circut said:
you know it's a shounen when the MC literally cock-blocks himself for no other reason other than to wait for the end/character development arc. Damn Senku and to a lesser extent Tsukasa's backs must be destroyed from carrying this show

Senku IS the MC though, so it's better that this kind of thing happens to Taiju since he is the side-kick.

Jul 29, 2019 7:29 PM

Feb 2015
Taiju was talking with Yuzuriha in a hot spring and she promised he could finish his sentence (declaration). Senkuu finally created gunpowder, but they had a small accident, creating smoke, someone made smoke signals (there are other people). Tsukasa quickly arrived and threatened Yuzuriha (Taiju wasn’t there), he asked Senkuu for the miraculous water and to stop doing science, Senkuu told him the recipe for the water (remembered when he was a child and got involved with science) and answered no, Tsukasa attacked him.

Sometimes I think that Tsukasa is right, I mean, if people have opportunity, they’ll fight for territory again and world story would follow a circle that needs war, he’s not that mistaken. Taiju, tell her how you feel now, who knows what could happen. Senkuu can’t be dead in four episodes, the question is how he survived, I thought that the blond girl from the opening and a scene this episode was going to arrive.
Atlas77Jul 29, 2019 7:34 PM
Jul 29, 2019 8:17 PM

Aug 2018
Oh man that ending cliffhanger. It almost made me forget that blonde girl cameo. I wonder if Taiju is running towards the right fire? I wanna see if that blonde girl is gonna show up next episode!
Jul 29, 2019 9:24 PM

Mar 2016
I wouldn’t be surprised if Senkuu met the Jetsons one day xD

On another note,
What’s up with those damn prelim reviews, though? Geezus. Like it’s already confirmed two cour.
Jul 29, 2019 11:19 PM
Aug 2018
Really hate how my boy been waiting literally thousands of years to ask this girl out, then for no reason cock blocks himself smh
Jul 30, 2019 12:44 AM

Nov 2014
HaXXspetten said:
I don't know what to feel about this. Again, it's supposed to be a show based around realistic science yet you want me to believe the MC was developing Thermite and his own... Tesla gun (?) when he was like 12 or something? And then successfully managed to launch objects into orbit via a homemade rocket in his mid-late teens? People like that just don't exist. I kinda wish Dr Stone had been a seinen series instead honestly; if they just managed to make it feel consistently believable it'd be much easier to swallow. Right now it's mostly just about suspension of disbelief

Not sure what the point is of having a cliffhanger like that either when it is a shounen because we already know there is a 99.99999% chance that Senku would never be killed off just like that lol

From my own perspective, it just shows how smart Senku can be and how great he is with his capabilities.

Jul 30, 2019 12:45 AM

Nov 2014
I feel so touched with that father scene though, selling his car just to provide Senku with all the materials and devices he needs for his studies.

Jul 30, 2019 4:42 AM
Nov 2018
Nurguburu said:
wtf with this episode, the characters were a bit more annoying than usual.

Well if it isn't little NURGUBURU again, pining soo hard for that !!!top spot!!! in the comment thread! So that you once again have to post some generic bullshit that could be posted for any episode. Because you post it before you have actually watched the episode. As soon as the thread is up, you click copy-paste so you can have an orgasm seeing your post is the first.

Aww, what a cute little boy. Finding the meaning and attention online that you lack in real life. There is a cure for that: Having friends. I'd explain it to you, but ... this is more fun.
Jul 30, 2019 4:52 AM
Nov 2018
HaXXspetten said:
I don't know what to feel about this. Again, it's supposed to be a show based around realistic science yet you want me to believe the MC was developing Thermite and his own... Tesla gun (?) when he was like 12 or something? And then successfully managed to launch objects into orbit via a homemade rocket in his mid-late teens? People like that just don't exist.

Hello, welcome to anime. You must be new here.

Now I'll explain this to you. It is a show about realistic science, in that the things invented in the show actually can be made. It is, however, a show, so instead of showing a hundred failed attempts we get to see approximately one failed attempt and one success for each invention. It saves time. We also get the see the invention work without the flaws one could usually expect when you do something by hand, because, again, it saves time.

As for the raygun and the rocket - again, welcome to anime. If it bugs you that these things are in the show for comedic value, I don't know what to say. There is also Senku's unnatural hair color and plenty of other things to point out that wouldnt' be there if this was completely realistic. But it isn't completely realistic because it's a show.

The fact that they were encased in stone but still alive after thousands of years, and that a character was able to remain conscious and count the seconds all that time, should have tipped you off - the show won't be completely realistic, EVEN IF, as mentioned, it does present inventions that actually can be made. If you still watch the show after passing that threshold, but STILL complain about unrealistic ingredients, then the problem isn't the show but your own choices.
Jul 30, 2019 5:19 AM

Aug 2017

Dani9870Capaunen said:
Nurguburu said:
wtf with this episode, the characters were a bit more annoying than usual.
What the hell are you saying ?

I mean, a funny flashback was put in a serious situation and I didn't like. I think it was a bad idea. And the whole conflicting ideas makes no sense. Finally, Taiju and the whole love stuff didn't happen in this episode after he wants to confess since thousands of years. My opinion.

Anyway, a new character will be introduced next episode so my opinion can change.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 30, 2019 1:10 PM
May 2019
God damn, when I really think about it, I just can't predict how this anime will go on. Tsukasa intents to putting an end to many people's lives including Senku, so he is the enemy, for sure. But even so, I don't think he is just a blood-thirsted man who could do, in full acceptation of the word, everything. Just my prediction of the character, maybe I am wrong. But still I want more dangerous rivals will show up. The villain is one of the most important fundamental elements in a show. We might see other enemies. Even though Senku looks like a scientist with no personal and cruel benefits, a mind like him can inspire other people in the unwanted way. Science can become a fatal weapon. I would like to see brilliant enemies who would want to seize science like this. I have huge expectations from this anime, I hope it will not end up like a disaster :D (can be though):))))))))))))))
Jul 30, 2019 10:50 PM
Mar 2014
Feels like the anime is going backwards. Senku deciding to leave himself open for Tsukasa and all of these other oddities too. Even if something is shounen, that doesn't really justify some of the bizzare parts of this anime. When the anime is trying hard to make itself scientifically relevant with an MC who is considered the genius of geniuses, and who is quite logical, well, it gets hard to overlook some of this stuff. I would go into more details, but several others have already alluded to these problems. Will probably still watch until it feels like a waste of time.
Jul 31, 2019 1:32 AM

May 2015
The world would be a better place if all dads were like Senku's dad.

Also people saying this is a cliffhanger...
It doesn't feel like a cliffhanger at all. Senku is the main character. The doctor Stone. The one in the cover. The one that has the E= MC^2 un his shirt.
He can't die.
Jul 31, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
I don't know how realistic science in this show, but I am sure it's messages about about science are clear and strong.
Although many people said that Senku's development as young scientist was unrealistic, but still we were showed that he didn't suddenly become a genius, he started as a naive boy but with a big dream, he had a great father supported him, he also experienced failed experiments, and the biggest one is he simply love science, nothing can stop him from that.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 31, 2019 9:16 PM

Jul 2011
Did Tsukasa get buffed or did Senkuu get nerfed ?
Aug 1, 2019 1:13 AM

Nov 2012
That cliffhanger was brutal.... there's no way he's dead....no WAY!
Aug 1, 2019 3:16 AM
Jun 2019
Btw anyone know how Tsukasa can go to Hakone and find protagonist's group location? I mean even Senku need sextant in order to locate their position while moving, but Tsukasa can get into Hakone without any tool?
choidfAug 1, 2019 3:20 AM
Aug 1, 2019 5:22 AM
Jul 2016
Tsukasa said hes going to break something by his neck and Senku clicked his neck in a position.
Im guessing he survives because he made it so his neck wont break and die just get unconscious.
Its a bit unreasonable that Tsukasa has fkn unlimited stamina tho, running for days straight.
And i swear to God don't let that girl be the typical useless always in the way trope.
I think the girl and the antagonists (extremely dumb) motivation to kill is whats making me a bit eh about the show cause the discovery element has taken a backseat which I like.
Aug 1, 2019 9:44 PM

Jul 2016
woah. what a cliffhanger. I'm interested to see where this goes.
Aug 7, 2019 9:45 PM

Jun 2014
I appreciate the hell out of this show so far.
I feel like it just has the right mix of things to keep right were it needs to be.
And now we see why senku doesn't agree with Taukasa at all. His father sacrificed so much to let him grow. And Senku is willing to take the good with the bad.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 8, 2019 4:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Teared up when Senkuu's dad sold his car so that he could support Senkuu's hobby ;__;
Aug 9, 2019 11:38 AM

Dec 2014
so his dad sells his car to support his son's hobby? okay, but how did that affect his dad's life? did he start taking the bus or train? this is literally all we've seen from Senku's dad. there's no context for why that decision is important. what is his dad's income level? what's his job? i don't know how much of a sacrifice this is! it's a drag-and-drop generic story beat that's thrown in with no thought put into it. and the entire show is plagued with this shit! half the ideas the introduce have plot holes or nonsensical leaps in logic that don't make any sense
Aug 9, 2019 10:20 PM

Dec 2013
This is my favourite episode so far.

I'm assuming the other people who were lighting the fires were the other characters from the op.

Senku and Tsukasa facing off was intense.

Loved the flashback. Senku's dad seems really cool. Too bad we didn't get to see any more of him.

Massive cliffhanger. There's no way Senku actually died but I have no idea how he is going to survive. Hopefully it isn't too BS.
Aug 12, 2019 5:25 AM
Feb 2017
Ok let's talk about Shishio tsukasa who is just like Madara uchiha wants peace by killing all the old people

I'm an Algerian girl and we have troubles on politic and goverment (who will control Algeria) .. since 1999 the same presedent and he is so old and sick
but he keep the presedent of Algeria

this relate to Tsukasa who want too break the stone just for young people

But Senkuu is a Real person who know only Knoweldge and want to break all the stone no matter what (in the same time make GUNs)

what do you think about this and if Tsukasa kill senku )??
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Senkuu is not as smart as he think he is

Cravun - Mar 13, 2023

4 by DigiCat »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

178 by EarthWoven »»
May 15, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

337 by Colonel-Maskou »»
May 14, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

315 by ShawnRM »»
May 13, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

276 by Rob7 »»
May 13, 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.