Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2019 8:23 PM
Mar 2014
Pretty cool, started with a bang, and it teaches a lot of useful info.
Jul 5, 2019 8:25 PM

May 2013
I cannot wait for the next episode I will start reading the manga even though I will enjoy the anime less if I read the manga, my patience can't hold out any longer
Jul 5, 2019 8:32 PM
Jun 2017
love this episode... i am definitely going to watch this one...
Jul 5, 2019 8:37 PM

Aug 2013
This really gripped me a lot more quicker then I thought it would. I really want to see how far they will come and I am very excited for the next episode !
Jul 5, 2019 8:37 PM

Jan 2011
you know just never got a round to reading Dr.stone didn't see anything bad about it , first episode has sold me on the setting.

not being a sciencey smart dude this show is most likely gonna make me feel dumb but it'd be interesting to see them rebuild the world though the era's

it's shounen Civ !
Jul 5, 2019 8:50 PM

Aug 2009
Amazing, loved it.
Jul 5, 2019 8:50 PM
Jun 2019
10/10 this Will be my fav anime this season
Jul 5, 2019 9:07 PM

Sep 2016
Well that was interesting...

A bit creepy at first but then halfway it feels like an educational anime.

Cool premise and it definitely intrigued me.
Jul 5, 2019 9:10 PM

Mar 2014
This was like Jojo meets real-world science and it was incredibly fascinating to watch. Having someone there to give an actual scientific approach to what would have otherwise been a "fantasy logic" setting is going to be really fun.

And going into this blind I think I've found my favorite series for the next few months
Jul 5, 2019 9:11 PM

Mar 2010
The transition from modern to post-apocalyptic setting was a bit clunky due to Taiju thoughts taking away from some of the tone, but otherwise a very good first episode. Probably the best of 3 I watched today. The ramport and chemistry between Senkou and Taiju is quite nice even if nothing we have seen before. The heavy focus on survivalism and science does great job keeping interests how the duo will come discover what to caused the worldwide petrifaction to happen.

Compared to other two big summer shows that came out today Dr.Stone'ds OP is the strongest musically among them, but Fire Force and Granblem, have better animation sequence. Still pretty solid on it's own tho.
Jul 5, 2019 9:37 PM

Oct 2013
Not sure how I feel so far, feel like food wars in a sense, as I have stated in a thread I made. The premise is interesting I will give it that. I will give it more episode to see how this turns out.

3/5
Jul 5, 2019 9:43 PM

Dec 2016
Yeahhhh this is gonna be a great, extremely hype show
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 5, 2019 9:54 PM

Jul 2014
Main protagonist pisses me the fuck off. Hopefully he will get some good character development, but I'm not holding my breath.
Jul 5, 2019 9:59 PM

Aug 2012
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Except for the stone thing and surviving that long inside everything is pretty spot on. I have some comments though:
1. you do not have to stir grape juice to make wine. Generally alcohol ferments even without doing anything
2. why did they shaved? there is no advantage to shaving.
3. why did they use those to shave? A piece of rock or a piece of stone would have worked better. even backing from mud a knife would have been better, Also why don't they make bread?

why would they have just male gender resurrected? who would make babies? As long as women do as they are told and do not try to take control I do not see any problems.

1. Basically, on its own crushed up grape juice turns to vinegar, stirring actually airs up the juice to absorb the yeast around the air.

2. They don't shave they actually pluck the facial hairs around their faces, using clam shells, Indians from the America does it during per colonial times.

3. The reason they don't make bread, given that they're back in the stone age, the species of grain would have revert back into the time before mankind came into existences.

1. It turns into alcohol .And it is not such a big quantity they have there I know about airing it up. But is not absolutely necessary.
2. I understand this. My point was it is something they have no reason to do and that there are better ways to remove facial hair even at primitive level. Indians from America where extremely under developed even for their time.
3. First of I do not approve with the stone age naming. It is darwinistic mythology. Second there is no reason to believe plants changed in any way except getting wild. Also grain grows pretty naturally and humans have been making bread for a long time.

ps: you really do believe the darwinistic fairy tale right?
Jul 5, 2019 10:13 PM

Oct 2014
Nice start as a manga reader

Don't worry people if you don't like Taiju's loudass character because the real MC is Senku afterall

Also why they didn't show Donald Trump petrification scene? Too political maybe? Lmao
Jul 5, 2019 10:26 PM

Mar 2019
That 1.26% must be crazy...

Great First Episode...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 5, 2019 10:52 PM

Jun 2014
Well now THAT was really damn cool. I can't wait to see where this goes.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 5, 2019 10:54 PM

Jul 2016
Well, talk about having a terrible timing. Poor Taiju but seriously, staying conscious for 3700 years with only the mere thought of your love interest as your reason to survive... man, he really should marry her once she goes back to normal and start repopulating the earth right away, just saying.

Anyways, so far I wasn't really impressed by this first episode if I'm honest. Senkuu is interesting enough but I guess I will need some time to get used to Taiju and his loud personality. The comedy aspect involving him is quite funny tho.
Jul 5, 2019 11:06 PM

Apr 2018
Oh yes! It is so satisfying to find a good anime to watch from the first day it airs! I'm so looking forward to the rest of this!
Jul 5, 2019 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
Eh, finally something decent. The animation isn't that good, but still is far better than almost all the crap from this season. I took a quick look at the manga style and the anime seems pretty accurate, which is great for a adaptation.

I will provably be here for the next 6 months, 4/5 for this episode.
Jul 5, 2019 11:58 PM

Mar 2018
As a manga reader I love how the artsyle carried over well to the adaptation, it's also great seeing so many people showing interest and enjoyment in the anime!
Jul 6, 2019 12:39 AM

Oct 2008
Disclosure: I've never read the manga. I heard of Dr. Stone only in concept (all non-plant life is petrified and and scientifically minded high schooler and his friend try to restart humanity with science).

I thought it was a decent start. I'm gonna keep up with it. I don't like how one dimensional the characters are so far. Science guy is obsessed with doing science and muscle guy is obsessed with that one girl. It can be endearing, but I wished they had taken the time to react to the fact that all non-plant life has petrified and 3,700 years has passed. There was little acknowledgement to that. They were way too passe on what should be extraordinarily traumatic for high schoolers. Plus, I find the trope of "hot blooded personality" that muscle guy has is annoying. But if that's the direction the series wants to go then I'll sit back and watch. They very well could go in a direction I still find appealing. I'm not one to judge an entire series from the first 24 minutes.

That scene in the school's science lab was the easiest game of "spot the protagonist" I've played in recent times.
Prouldy addicted to chloroform!
Jul 6, 2019 12:42 AM
Jun 2014
Nurguburu said:

It annoys me that the world ended and he only thinks about her.

same. and i find it odd how Taiju and that bird were in top condition after just breaking free

Jul 6, 2019 12:43 AM
Jun 2014
Emperor_Pain said:
Is it Senkuu or Senku?
i actually think Senkuu

Jul 6, 2019 12:46 AM
Jun 2014
Roronoadawn said:

I'm interested to know how Senku and Taiju didn't need to eat or drink to survive.
me too. they just seemed coated in stone. how does that work as preservation

Jul 6, 2019 12:49 AM
Jun 2014
Tonku said:
It can be endearing, but I wished they had taken the time to react to the fact that all non-plant life has petrified and 3,700 years has passed. There was little acknowledgement to that. They were way too passe on what should be extraordinarily traumatic for high schoolers. .
that bothered me as well

Jul 6, 2019 1:04 AM

Apr 2012
Wow this was a really refreshing and enjoyable anime.
Great animation, nice story, great characters, solid pacing, great setting and a nice world!
I will be enjoying this, this season for sure.
Jul 6, 2019 1:06 AM

Dec 2014
I liked the story. I just feel the direction could have been better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2019 1:36 AM

Sep 2013
TurtlerTim said:
Flaecy said:
hypee kinda slow start though as expected but that's alright.

if youre comparing it to the manga, its not gonna speed up any more from here. theyre sticking with 2 chapters per episode. sorry to disappoint. overall p solid imo 8/10

Dude the first chapter is 51 pages so don't jump into conclusions. Very well might be 3 chapter pace from now on. Hero Academia took 2 episodes to adapt it's whole first chapter but it hasn't had any noticeable pacing issues at any season.
Jul 6, 2019 1:50 AM

Mar 2015
1 episode and the score is already at 8.40? I personally didn't find it that interesting for a first episode, not much that really drew me in but I guess the visuals are nice.
Jul 6, 2019 2:16 AM
Aug 2018
Watched the first episode and I think it's great so far. I enjoy the thrilling setting and also I really like Senku, I think he'll bring a lot to this story. Anyways can't wait for the next ep.
Jul 6, 2019 2:27 AM

Jun 2016
Slow starting but this is gonna be really really good. I wonder what I would think about if i was petrified....
Jul 6, 2019 2:36 AM

Sep 2018
Looks pretty good so far.....but i have questions... a lot of them.

We have to see in wich direction the series goes, so far it seems more surreal than real.

next episode pls
-Mullerio-Jul 6, 2019 2:40 AM
Jul 6, 2019 2:47 AM

Dec 2017
It's finally here! The one adaptation that I've been really hyped up for!

I know people have been saying this repeatedly now, but I also think that the VA for Senku and Taiju are spot on!
People who post other people's work without providing the artist's original post or at least the artist name deserves to be crucified.
Jul 6, 2019 3:00 AM

Apr 2015
The whole premise seems completely retarded. Theres no way someone could stay sane for that long frozen as a statue.
Jul 6, 2019 3:11 AM
Jan 2019
the colours and style are an absolute blast, it has a great atmosphere. im hoping the large guy in stone that was shown is foreshadowing some creative zany combat vs classic shonen strength and not just an off hand comparison between our bubbly protagonists and a champion of brute strength
Jul 6, 2019 3:59 AM
Jul 2018
Is it unique for you guys? It's unique for me.
Jul 6, 2019 4:03 AM

Jan 2018
It's quite an okay for a pilot episode. I hope I'll be invested into the story.

Looking forward to it.
Jul 6, 2019 4:49 AM

Apr 2015
Overall this was great, way better than expected and there's so much to look forward to. Voice acting sounded great, especially Senku's voice felt like it fit him so well.

Art style looks pretty great, especially love Senku's design. Yuzuhira is cute af and Taiju is gonna give us some comedy gold moments I bet.

The story is what has me intrigued the most at this moment, so many questions that I can't wait to have them answered. I hope we're going to get some solid world building in this, since the world as we knew it has perished in 3700 years time.

Hype is real!
Jul 6, 2019 4:52 AM

Dec 2012
Story is ok, but a bit brutal. the animatoin and shading is also brutal and crude. for that i worry. too early to say but i am 50/50 on this not sure yet.

Jul 6, 2019 4:57 AM

Aug 2013
For all the hype surrounding this show, this pilot episode was pretty damn mediocre at best. Yes the visuals were great, the OST was fitting and what not, and the premise of the story seems rather unique but it didn't really capture my interest at all. In fact I actually fell asleep three times while watching it so I had to revisit some scenes. Gonna give this a few episodes to change my mind but definitely underwhelmed as of right now. 3/5
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 6, 2019 5:48 AM
Jun 2015
HaarWyvern said:
Pretty annoying, like the manga.
Need the AOTS Vinland Saga now
Tommorow it begins....then 3 weeks of waiting XD
Jul 6, 2019 5:52 AM
Jun 2015
I guess I'll watch it, it's better than that Demon Slayer garbage. That's not saying much. Need Vinland Saga now!
Jul 6, 2019 6:30 AM

Nov 2018
This is absolutely amazing. What an original story, focusing on science and making things from zero. I hope it stays like this, since it has the chance to turn into a generic shonen later on.
Jul 6, 2019 6:56 AM
Mar 2014
After watching this episode I might have to give the manga another shot.
Jul 6, 2019 8:06 AM

Feb 2013
Not bad of a premise but the execution is as bad as something can get
Jul 6, 2019 8:10 AM
May 2009
I can appreciate the production value of the show and I enjoyed the turning to stone for thousands of years set up, but I can't stand the personalities of the main characters. So this show is clearly not for me.
Jul 6, 2019 8:11 AM
Sep 2018
honeycrush said:
This is absolutely amazing. What an original story, focusing on science and making things from zero. I hope it stays like this, since it has the chance to turn into a generic shonen later on.

I was also thinking that the story seems interesting, but i was afraid since it was a shounen that they would "revive" some bad guys just so that they could have some "epic battles".
If you look at the OP that seems to be the case.
Jul 6, 2019 8:17 AM
Apr 2018
artemis37 said:
TurtlerTim said:

if youre comparing it to the manga, its not gonna speed up any more from here. theyre sticking with 2 chapters per episode. sorry to disappoint. overall p solid imo 8/10

Dude the first chapter is 51 pages so don't jump into conclusions. Very well might be 3 chapter pace from now on. Hero Academia took 2 episodes to adapt it's whole first chapter but it hasn't had any noticeable pacing issues at any season.

oh its 51? i thought it was just a double chapter. Huh, well then. Still my guess is that its gonna be 2 chapters per episode, and that they just adapted more than they normally will to hype people up with a fast 1st episode, to reassure manga fans that it wont be too slow, and to leave off at a clean ending for ep 2. They very well could go 3 chapters per episode though, so I hope you're right.
Jul 6, 2019 8:20 AM
Apr 2018
DedPanda said:
For all the hype surrounding this show, this pilot episode was pretty damn mediocre at best. Yes the visuals were great, the OST was fitting and what not, and the premise of the story seems rather unique but it didn't really capture my interest at all. In fact I actually fell asleep three times while watching it so I had to revisit some scenes. Gonna give this a few episodes to change my mind but definitely underwhelmed as of right now. 3/5

you fell asleep 3 times during a 20 minute episode? why dont I believe this...? By the way, there is a story beyond just developing science, though developing science is what most of the show is just saying.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Senkuu is not as smart as he think he is

Cravun - Mar 13, 2023

4 by DigiCat »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

178 by EarthWoven »»
May 15, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

337 by Colonel-Maskou »»
May 14, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

315 by ShawnRM »»
May 13, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

276 by Rob7 »»
May 13, 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.