Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2019 2:19 PM
Feb 2019
It's a pretty good adaptation, following the manga without any creative freedom, overall it's pretty basic, I think most anime watchers are going to like it
Jul 5, 2019 2:22 PM

Mar 2017
looks great! i'm falling in love with Senku!!!! the voice character fits his character well.
I almost clicked the "spoiler" tag, thank God I was able to fight the temptation hahaha

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jul 5, 2019 2:29 PM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Great episode, Im gonna like this one!
Jul 5, 2019 2:34 PM

Feb 2013
Wow this blew my mind. Flawless episode
Jul 5, 2019 2:40 PM

Feb 2019
Very unlike the pyro firemen, this shounen proposed a more interesting and different premise and development, although it feels accelerated and the protagonists quickly assimilate the situation.
I recommend it a lot.
Jul 5, 2019 2:48 PM

Jun 2019
It was pretty good, everything so far was of my expectation, now just hoping they don't stray away from the manga but because the studio doing it is TMS, I highly doubt they are going to do that.
Jul 5, 2019 3:08 PM

Aug 2017
franxz said:
Ryougine said:
Well, he in all his "Episode discussion" posts tends to comment first, and after a couple hours he edit it by giving his final thoughts which leads me to believe he watches the episode just before he edit his own comment. He probably just wanna be the first to post as he's winning something by doing that.

Ha, my apologies then, I thought you were jumping to conclusions hella quickly!

Why would he do that though lol.

Don't listen to him. It's ironic that he was accusing me of something so trivial when the same guy has his anime list empty and restricted (and even wrote a review of SNK s3 part 2 without the anime in his list). If I were you, I would doubt him. Also, he cares so much about editing my own comment lmao. If you ask me, it's just harassment and off-topic.

@Ryougine Sometimes I watch the Raw version first, sometimes I read the manga first, who cares? I think, maybe, you care a little too much.

NurguburuJul 5, 2019 8:54 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 5, 2019 3:09 PM
Aug 2018
Writing "E = MC²" in his clothes is the anime equivalent of Leto-Joker's "Damaged" tattoo.
Jul 5, 2019 3:10 PM

Nov 2013
Seems like a creative and fun series, the absurdity of the premise is not as much of a deal-breaker like I thought it would be. I can see a lot of potential in the story, but I wonder how the shounen aspects will be implemented into this. Like what is there to even fight about?

"Saving humanity from the brink of extinction is wrong"

Excited to see where this goes though.
Jul 5, 2019 3:11 PM
Feb 2019
I liked the idea of the story, and totally loved the pacing, it doesn't feel slow nor rushed.
The animation especially for the outro which is supposed to be the intro is so good, I also absolutely loved the music when Senku and his friend figured it out, it's tropical and it the whole atmosphere was pleasing to me.
I'm really curious to see how far the story goes, especially they are planning on making a new civilization! sounds very interesting!
Jul 5, 2019 3:17 PM
Dec 2015
I didn't expect anything good here but this seems decent so far.
Jul 5, 2019 3:18 PM
Mar 2018
Too much drama from the getgo and that seems to be the sole center of the show. It would at least explain how they forgot that when the green stuff was turning everyone into stone it was daytime in both japan and Italy. Plus what is with people underground?
Jul 5, 2019 3:21 PM

Sep 2017
Really appreciated that first episode, I look forward to the next episodes

but why did Taiju had to shave though, he looked really nice with that beard ;_;
Jul 5, 2019 3:28 PM
Jan 2016
So far it looks great, I feel it has a lot of potential.

I like the mystery of why did everyone turn to stone.

I am looking forward to seeing more.
Jul 5, 2019 3:30 PM

Aug 2017
This feels so refreshing. I hope it continues on this path and doesn’t devolve into a trope show.

Dr. Stone is a very catching character and the big oaf is hilarious and full of heart.
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Jul 5, 2019 3:49 PM

Oct 2017
First ep looks really nice.
I thought that voice Taiju will be kinda irritating but sounds nice.
I'm wondering how next eps will look
Jul 5, 2019 4:11 PM

Apr 2017
Likeable first episode, it doesn't bad at all. All living things turned into stone and we have two characters to do experiments to bring back the original state of the world. TMS Entertainment makes good premises with their anime. Well, let's see how it will turn out.
Jul 5, 2019 4:14 PM

Apr 2016
Loved it.
Even the supposedly dumb character is ok (for now).
Jul 5, 2019 4:32 PM

Aug 2013
For a moment I thought the guy shouting every minute was Asta from Black Clover. Almost dropped it.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Jul 5, 2019 4:35 PM
Jan 2019
I admit, it was a great start, straight to the point and bluntly. I already begin to understand why it was one of the most anticipated animes of this season. I loved. It goes from science fiction, to fantasy, and mystery, drama and comedy, which are not bad. It has been a perfect combination. Honestly, I have not been disappointed at all this first episode. Many questions of a great mystery have been raised. The global petrifaction, a mystery that Senku, Dr. Stone, along with his great friend, Taiju, will try to solve with the help of Science and thus recover humanity.
Ingenuity and strength, what one does not have, the other complements it.
I like very much both characters, they are good 😁👌, and great animation and soundtrack, by the way.

Definitely, I'll mark this anime on my list this season. And I have a feeling that it will become one of my favorites.
Let's see what other surprises and mysteries this incredible story brings us. It will be a pleasure to continue with you, this anime week by week.

Ps: 1.Senku spent with gasoline. LOL 😂. That guy is amazing, he spent 3700 years counting the days, and thanks that can know the exact date. And he had faith that Taiju would survive, and also that he would not be rejected by Yuzuhira. That's what I call him, true friendship.
2. Taiju's love for Yuzuhira, survived hundreds and thousands of years. He is a true man. I hope he can save her 😢
3.Who would say that bat droppings and alcohol would save the world xD.
4. Is it that neither asks for their families or friends? 😂

I will learn many useful things in this anime. "Overcoming Fantasy with Science".
Jul 5, 2019 4:37 PM

Nov 2016
As a manga reader, this first episode was esplendid, they didn't miss anything, and I also remember some of the scenes from the manga, and I read them like more than a year ago, really good. Good VA overall, the plot is perfect, the opening is perfect, the not rushed first chapter is perfect. The problem I have is that I don't really like Senku's VA, but that will be nothing in next episodes, since I already like Asta's and well, you know.
Jul 5, 2019 4:42 PM
Sep 2008
HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIANCE A HUGE CASE OF DEJAVU WATCHING THIS?!?!!?!!??!

I EVEN GOT CHILLS ALL OVER MY BODY TO THE POINT I GOT A BIT SCARED!!!!!!! its like ive seen this before!!! the dude with green hair- people turned to stone and all that scenary it takes me back 10+ more years as im 100% sure i saw this already!!!

are we having some weird time manipulation crisis O_O_O_O_O_O
Jul 5, 2019 4:48 PM

Apr 2015
looks good, finally something with different, interesting premise. I wish this show wouldn't end up with some generic plot, but realistically, my hopes aren't high.
Jul 5, 2019 4:55 PM
Jun 2015
Definitely intriguing. The first half left a lot to be desired for me, as both main characters seemed kind of one note, with the seemingly one-track minded shounen screamer Taiju, and the all-knowing, arrogant brain Senku. However, the show grabbed me when it went done the scientific route of determining why they woke up so close together and before others, instead of pulling something out of their ass, like "our wills were too determined to break free" or something. These two work together well also.

There are still some major questions that may or may not be answered (Were they conscious the entire time they were stone? And if so, how are they still (relatively) sane?), but it is showing promise, although part of me would also be fine if this turned into a shounen, post-apocalyptic Pinky and the Brain.
Jul 5, 2019 5:00 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Not off to a bad start i guess, but why does MC have bok choy for hair? 😟
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Jul 5, 2019 5:08 PM
Apr 2018
Flaecy said:
hypee kinda slow start though as expected but that's alright.

if youre comparing it to the manga, its not gonna speed up any more from here. theyre sticking with 2 chapters per episode. sorry to disappoint. overall p solid imo 8/10
Jul 5, 2019 5:09 PM
Apr 2018
A great first episode;The animation,characters,story ,everything is great..let's see how it keeps on
Jul 5, 2019 5:11 PM

Oct 2008
Looks promising...imma give it a try...
4/5.

Jul 5, 2019 5:24 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that was really fun. Extra points for Ichinose Kana, I love her voice <3
Jul 5, 2019 5:55 PM
Mar 2019
I already really enjoy Senku and Taiju is a loveable dork. They're really fun to watch bounce off of each other. Next episode, please.
Jul 5, 2019 5:57 PM

Jul 2012
World seems intereting and OST is good, though Taiju is a little annoying.

I need next episode.
Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 5, 2019 6:02 PM

Jun 2015
From a manga reader's perspective, this is a well done adaptation (at least for episode 1). Let's wait for a few episodes up.
Jul 5, 2019 6:09 PM

Apr 2016
Have no idea how people are screaming "AOTY, and 10/10" for Kanata no Astra, but dr stone is being overlooked lol. It's really interesting, and a concept that I haven't seen before. Seems like it'll only keep getting better and better.
Jul 5, 2019 6:12 PM
Jul 2018
Great first episode; I find both of the main characters quite entertaining and the plot is quite interesting so far. Very promising first episode, hopefully the rest of the series continues to impress me.
Jul 5, 2019 6:15 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty good, but it really burns me out how the world basically ended and all dude cares about is that one girl. Like why is there so little care for the gravity of the situation they've found themselves in. And like do you have a family?? Shouldn't you be worried about that instead of some girl. Plus Senku is just too ridiculous for me to seriesly believe he was a high school student. It's one thing if it's mha or something and everyone has wacky character designs, but literally everyone else looked like a "normal" high school student. I mean come on. It would have been so much more believable (and interesting) if Taiju awoken and happened to stumble across this eccentric looking guy with crazy hairdo and mysterious back story.
Jul 5, 2019 6:21 PM
May 2018
Senkuu is a really enjoyable character. can't wait for the next episode
“If to be truthful is to be cruel, then lying must surely be an act of kindness. And so, kindness is a lie.”
Jul 5, 2019 6:22 PM

Mar 2019
How does the background look so nice but the characters looked horrible at times lol. When everyone turned to stone the kids dog didn't and neither did other animals (wild dogs or wolves I think it was) but then later on he's experimenting with birds that had turned to stone??
SwizzeJul 5, 2019 6:39 PM
Jul 5, 2019 7:04 PM

Dec 2014
welll at firs I thought it was average but let's see how it goes...the first episode got me hooked though
Jul 5, 2019 7:09 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I enjoyed the first episode and I like the protagonist as a bad ass genius. Can't wait to see it again next week.
Jul 5, 2019 7:21 PM
May 2019
CONGRATULATION BOICHI!!!!!

YOUR DR. STONE FINALLY GOT ANIMATED

I've wanted your SUN KEN ROCK to get animated but too bad it didnt
but now your DR. STONE got animated and already OVERRATED!!!! and i loved it!

Great start! good pace and good VA, i want Kirito/Shoma VA to voice Senku back then but i think Senku VA is good

and Taiju VA reminds me of Asta from Black Clover lol.

EPISODE 1 5/5
Jul 5, 2019 7:21 PM
Feb 2019
I'm so impressed. Even I already call it as Post-Apocalypse Survival Anime. Along with Sounan Desuka, this summer I'll get much knowledge :D
Jul 5, 2019 7:23 PM

Oct 2012
-Senpapi said:
Have no idea how people are screaming "AOTY, and 10/10" for Kanata no Astra, but dr stone is being overlooked lol. It's really interesting, and a concept that I haven't seen before. Seems like it'll only keep getting better and better.

Well on MAL Dr. Stone is more popular and has a higher rating. It just depends on what bubble you subscribe to. I usually just go with what I like and ignore the screamers. I think it's win-win though because both shows had a great start.
Jul 5, 2019 7:28 PM

Jul 2013
I loved it. I'm not the biggest shounen fan, but this looks promising. I hope there will be at least 24 episodes. 5/5 ^-^
Jul 5, 2019 7:32 PM

Nov 2018
Senkuu already owns my heart, but this "e = mc²" bothers me a little. Taiju does not seem as annoying as I imagined it would be.
The plot seems interesting enough, the level of "nonsense" is not so high and well, they are using real science, at least up here, I wonder how the mangaka got their sources...

❝見つめないで 悲しい方を
目を瞑って 口づけしよう
甘く溶けるメロディー❞

❝邪魔しないで
真夜中のパラダイス
息もせずに潜っていく
二人だけのダンス❞
Jul 5, 2019 7:55 PM

Aug 2015
Why does Senku look so evil all the time lol.

I wonder why the stone is only an outer layer when corroded but if broken by force, the people are solid stone and will fall apart in pieces.
Jul 5, 2019 8:01 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Ngl, the animation is pretty limited, but that doesn't matter as much. The artwork is great and they're handling Boichi's hard-to-handle artwork quite well. VA's are on-point too. Excited for this one, since the manga is quite good. Dr. Stone is for science what Food Wars is (or I guess "was", considering the manga...) for cooking.

All I can say is "sosoruze, kore wa!" *insert smug senku face*
Jul 5, 2019 8:01 PM

Jul 2008
Honestly I couldn't take this episode seriously at all looking at that haircut. Definitely an onion.
Also the other dude grew a beard and all but this guy kept shaving and trimming his hair the whole time lol

Jul 5, 2019 8:13 PM

Oct 2015
Now this is the stuff I've been waiting for, Holy hallelujah and the Season is saved!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 5, 2019 8:20 PM

Aug 2014
the op is a banger in my book

Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Senkuu is not as smart as he think he is

Cravun - Mar 13, 2023

4 by DigiCat »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

178 by EarthWoven »»
May 15, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

337 by Colonel-Maskou »»
May 14, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

315 by ShawnRM »»
May 13, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2019

276 by Rob7 »»
May 13, 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.