Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 30, 2018 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the more I think about it, the more I like watching Asirpa and her village people. We got a lot more priceless face reactions this episode too lol

The scene with Asirpa crying was hard to watch ;_;

It was also painful to see Sugimoto getting beat up by some of the other military troops. It felt like humilation and wasn't even a fair fight with the numbers disadvantage. However, I will say that Tsurumi was really entertaining to watch with a guy of his personality. A very tense atmosphere between him and Sugimoto. Pretty entertaining episode.
Stark700Apr 30, 2018 7:29 AM
Apr 30, 2018 7:27 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This episode adapted some of the chapters I wanted to see animated, and I wasn't disappointed. It was fun seeing Sugimoto getting along in the Ainu village. And then he decided to leave Asirpa out of this after seeing how much she means to her village. Well, it's not like as if Asirpa can't find Sugimoto anymore.

Lol, those two twins were voice acted by Sugita, lol. They're mens of Tsurumi, and now they have Sugimoto captured. And we get to see some of Tsurumi's crazy antics in this episode. Stabbing Sugimoto with a dango skewer, lol. Tsurumi wants Sugimoto to join his unit, but Sugimoto obviously denied the offer.

Meanwhile Asirpa ended up finding Shiraishi instead of Sugimoto. Lol, the sock switch caused the issue with Asirpa's tracking. And Shiraishi's escape didn't work well against Retar, haha. And jeez, what's up with using dango skewers on Sugimoto? But it's cool to see Sugimoto trying to escape! Next episode is gonna be pretty hype! "ORE WA FUJIMI NO SUGIMOTO DA!!!!"

4 and two-thirds chapters adapted (rest of chapter 13 and chapters 14-17).

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerApr 30, 2018 7:39 AM
Apr 30, 2018 7:48 AM

Oct 2014
Man I loved the twins' voice <3 and Shiraishi's *whine* askljksj though I expected it to sound more dog-like :c disappointed~

Overall it was a good episode, not sure if better than the previous one though;;
Not sure what to think of the CLIFFHANGER I mean it's a thing for anime-only ppl but I for one wanted to see more since I know what's gonna happen x)
Apr 30, 2018 9:58 AM

Jun 2015
Sugimoto getting along in the Ainu village was fun to watch. Got some more backstory for Asirpa and how she met the wolf. Her crying when the wolf left was heartbreaking. Sugimoto having those sticks in his face was gruesome. Asirpa finding Shiraishi instead of Sugimoto was funny.
Apr 30, 2018 10:05 AM

Apr 2016
Sugimoto knew that to protect Asirpa and the village he must leave them, but in town he gets himself into trouble with the "skullface".

Also i like the comedy in this show, it reminds me Drifters.
Apr 30, 2018 10:08 AM

Jan 2012
Ended right at the end of volume 2 then more or less as expected. Sugimoto looked too cute with the cub in his shirt. Well scaring children isn't really his forte, but taking out some similar-looking douchebags? Well he ain't called Sugimoto the Immortal for nothin'! XD Meanwhile Asirpa and Retar finally met with Shiraishi. What kind of wacky shenanigans are they gonna get up to?
Apr 30, 2018 10:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit. Now that was an fantastic episode. This is getting me excited.

The first part was heartwarming, funny and sad. The latter part was crazy!
Apr 30, 2018 10:19 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
They did skip one short scene that had something to do with Sugimoto's past. They might cover that in some other episode instead.
Apr 30, 2018 10:29 AM

Dec 2011
this is a great season for anime, but golden kamuy still manages to stand above its ilk, cant wait for the next one
ColdCaseApr 30, 2018 10:34 AM
Apr 30, 2018 10:34 AM
Sep 2015
The wolf's face when he sniff Escape King's sock is so precious it's worth screenshot
Apr 30, 2018 10:51 AM

Nov 2016
Very interesting first half of the episode showing more of the village, and more survival methods. The methods are original and intriguing.

Asirpa crying with that BGM was sad. Escape King was a hilarious moment, he is a funny character. Sugimoto getting some action with disadvantage. He is a scary man but that leader is on another level of madness. The scene with the sticks was sick and strong.

That ending shows that Sugimoto is an intelligent man. He completely destroyed them, what a cliffhanger. This episode was enjoyable.
PoloApr 30, 2018 10:55 AM
Apr 30, 2018 10:57 AM

Jan 2018
Sugimoto trying to scare the kids lol. That second half was intense, can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 30, 2018 11:08 AM

Jul 2017
Great episode with a really badass ending. Sugimoto continues to showcase why he is called "Immortal Sugimoto".
Apr 30, 2018 11:13 AM

Dec 2017
the ending transition was perfectly timed, i rarely see something like this nowadays. usually they just stamp that shit and get over it
Apr 30, 2018 11:19 AM

Dec 2015
Lol, Sugimoto is truly helpless before Asirpa xDD

Those last few seconds of this episode, I need more of that dammit!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 30, 2018 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
Very good episode! Gotta wait again for the next episode.

I ship Asirpa and Sugimoto :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2018 11:44 AM

Nov 2016
Asirpas "Disgusting" xD

Another great episode,this show continues to get even better.

The end was so badass,Sugimoto is one hell of a guy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 30, 2018 11:45 AM

Nov 2017
Get out of the way biatch!!! The Punisher comes next week!!!! Awesome!!!
Apr 30, 2018 11:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
GoldenDevilGamer said:
They did skip one short scene that had something to do with Sugimoto's past. They might cover that in some other episode instead.

Yeah I noticed that too. As you say maybe it gets covered at some other point. They could also just gloss over it I suppose.

I'm happy that they've kept the culinary/slice of Ainu life bits of the story. i was worried that they would just concentrate on the action stuff.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 30, 2018 11:55 AM
Mar 2018
i was afraid that they would adapt the fight with slow motion, i am glad i was wrong and they adapt it as faithful as possible to the manga since almost all of the fight scene on this series end in less than several minutes

and it's too bad that they didn't animate the scene with otter delicacy
Apr 30, 2018 12:02 PM

Jun 2015
Just when I was Sugimoto was funny, things got hella serious.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 30, 2018 12:19 PM
Mar 2016
Aniu words for today:

Aca- means otosan .

Waka-ush -water

Kinaohow- a kind of fish stew.

Retar- means white.

Horkew - I guessing that means wolf.

So them Ainus have a certain respect for their rivers, but not washing nor shitting in their rivers, so they're quite the environmentalist . So now them ainus were speaking japanese.

Skewers on Sugimoto's face, geez that's kinda horrible, I kinda feel the chills just thinking about it.

Man, looks like Escape King can escape any man , but not from a wolf like Retar.
Apr 30, 2018 12:21 PM
Mar 2018
Whoahoho said:
Aniu words for today:

Aca- means otosan .

Waka-ush -water

Kinaohow- a kind of fish stew.

Retar- means white.

Horkew - I guessing that means wolf.

So them Ainus have a certain respect for their rivers, but not washing nor shitting in their rivers, so they're quite the environmentalist . So now them ainus were speaking japanese.

Skewers on Sugimoto's face, geez that's kinda horrible, I kinda feel the chills just thinking about it.

Man, looks like Escape King can escape any man , but not from a wolf like Retar.

it was kinaohaw - soup made with many vegetables

and horkew - howling
Apr 30, 2018 12:37 PM
Aug 2014
As an anime only, this show has been very good so far. Loving the interactions between the main and how we're discovering more and more about the Ainu way of life. The action is intense and real good. I physically recoiled when Sugimoto got stabbed in the cheek with that pick. It felt like it was in my own cheek. Not sure he could stay still after that but that's Immortal Sugimoto for you.

Now I'm going to sleep until next week so episode 5 comes out faster ;;.
Apr 30, 2018 1:01 PM

Jul 2015
That was a great episode, Sugimoto is so hilarious and badass at the same time. Asirpa is really growing on me as well, must protect.

Gotta love that spin skills.

Apr 30, 2018 1:11 PM

Jan 2018
I loved the last scenes my blood was pumping when he said I am immortal Sugimoto seeing his Monstrous side after some calmness
The head being bitten reminds me of Gin
Don't cry Asirpa I want see more weird facial expressions from you
Apr 30, 2018 1:14 PM

Feb 2016
LOL Asirpa, you got yourself a face there lmao

Things just turned lit right now. Damn, Sugimoto is on trouble!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 30, 2018 1:48 PM

Jun 2016
Very solid episode and anime in general.

Apr 30, 2018 3:59 PM

Jun 2014
This got badass really quickly at the end. Hopefully Sugimoto will destroy those twins and escape next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 30, 2018 4:06 PM

Feb 2012
Sugimoto is just unstoppable. Loved that scene at the end and when he got a stick shoved through his cheeks with 0 reaction. I'm hoping he rejoins with Asirpa right away next episode. Sad to see him leave her this ep.
Apr 30, 2018 4:44 PM

Apr 2016
damn, three dango sticks through the cheeks, thats gotta sting
I'm glad the escape artist guy is back, I love how the wolf chomps on his face lol
Apr 30, 2018 5:02 PM

Dec 2017
damn that cheek is strong as fuck, he’s not even budge when get hit like that, truly lives up to his name this Immortal Sugimoto. these little thing is not enough to make him scream yet, imagine being torture by sticking up 3 dango stick to your cheek, that’s some power right there.

and we gotta see Scat King again, hope he will joined their journey together. his presence is special here.

hinna hinna episode again
Apr 30, 2018 5:52 PM

Sep 2015
Those Man vs. Wild moments would be even better if they could take a time to explain more detailed how the traps work or how was originated the natural knowledge they have for example.
Apr 30, 2018 6:15 PM

Jan 2017
Best food show of the season.

Hinna/5
*laughs in Dimple*
Apr 30, 2018 7:33 PM

Jun 2009
Well, 4 eps. in I'm officially sold on this show. Those funny faces. xD And Sugimoto trying (and failing twice) to scare the children, lol. The second part was really intense!
Apr 30, 2018 7:49 PM

Mar 2018
Just as I finally start to become desensitized to the CGI bear they had to put in that horrible CGI fire. I'm usually not one to hold the animation quality against an anime, but it's kind of fourth wall breaking at times.
It's too bad - it's a good story with good characters in a good setting. It deserves a better budget. I'm still enjoying it quite a bit, it just could have been even better
Apr 30, 2018 8:00 PM

Dec 2014
the sensitively got skyrocketed after a little peace.... this show I am always on the edge as to what may happen
Apr 30, 2018 8:23 PM
Sep 2016
shiro_kai said:
Those Man vs. Wild moments would be even better if they could take a time to explain more detailed how the traps work or how was originated the natural knowledge they have for example.

It's a shame how they didn't/couldn't incorporate the small tidbits and explanations throughout the manga. A few chapters adapted in the previous episodes had explanations and sidenotes for a few things, too.

DerbederMay 1, 2018 2:04 PM
Apr 30, 2018 9:15 PM
Jul 2018
Asirpas faces are the best, I love that girl lol

It sucks that right after being told shes been abandoned twice, Sugimoto then goes and abandons her too, I hope she comes to the rescue soon!
Apr 30, 2018 9:42 PM

Jan 2013
That ending! He is really the Immortal Sugimoto!
I really like Asirpa, and her facial expressions are the best hahaha
Feels kinda bad that he abandoned her, but i get why he did it.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 30, 2018 10:44 PM

Sep 2010
Somehow this is the first episode I disliked - first they still go overboard with Ainu stuff (I mean - it's interesting, but boring even by main heroine standard, and serving is too unnatural, like some kind of documentary where you can't show things naturally because of overall timing), then they kill all seriousness by comedy show with Asirpa The Great Avenger and Shiraishi The Unlucky Escape King and in the end we get some antagonist being eeeeeevil and conspiring vicious plaaaaaans.

So meh, I expect this to be unsatisfying.
Apr 30, 2018 10:47 PM

Feb 2014
Asirpa may be very cute, but she can pull off an incredibly funny gurning face that'll put even the professional gurners all over the world to shame! XD

Still, this episode had its fair share of funny, sad and action-packed moments. Asirpa's past with Ketar and seeing her cry like that hit me in the feels though. D=

As for Sugimoto, I do understand why he wanted to go alone, but he got into a predicament with the other soldiers, then having those dango skewers shoved into his cheeks was pure brutality that did make me squirm.

Nevertheless, even that won't stop the "Immortal" Sugimoto as he flung himself on a chair at those two guards like a freaking boss. What a way to end the episode and leaving me hyped up for the next one! =D
Apr 30, 2018 10:49 PM
Mar 2015
Sugimoto really is immortal. Asirpa is pissed that he left her behind.
Apr 30, 2018 11:45 PM
Mar 2014
Ookami-des said:
Somehow this is the first episode I disliked - first they still go overboard with Ainu stuff (I mean - it's interesting, but boring even by main heroine standard, and serving is too unnatural, like some kind of documentary where you can't show things naturally because of overall timing), then they kill all seriousness by comedy show with Asirpa The Great Avenger and Shiraishi The Unlucky Escape King and in the end we get some antagonist being eeeeeevil and conspiring vicious plaaaaaans.

So meh, I expect this to be unsatisfying.

If you expect a "serious" show, then you can drop it now.
May 1, 2018 12:11 AM

Aug 2015
Great episode. I realized Tsurumi reminds me of something
May 1, 2018 2:25 AM

Apr 2016
Asirpa has a beautiful character design. She's fantastic 100% of the time.

Good episode. We learned more about Asirpa, her past, and how important she is to the Ainu. Unfortunately, Sugimoto chooses to leaves as he believes his path could lead to Asirpa's demise. Cliché, but it was done a great way after hearing Asirpa's tragic backstory. Sugimoto is about to show us why he's so immortal in the next episode. He already showed us how "scary" he can be in this episode though when he was with that little stick lmao. Also, I forgot to mention how great it is how Asirpa wanted to beat Sugimoto for leaving without telling her lol.
[
May 1, 2018 2:57 AM
Nov 2016
Damn, 4 episodes in and we're already at this point eh?

I liked this episode quite a lot. They didn't censor the scene with Sugimoto's cheeks being impaled with those sticks so that's good.
May 1, 2018 3:02 AM

May 2009
It ended so fast

Also I like how Sugimoto explains every food he tastes in details
May 1, 2018 3:08 AM

Oct 2015
Lmao the interrogation was funny af especially when Sugimoto started laughing and got stabbed with a skewer rofl
May 1, 2018 5:31 AM

Jun 2014
DandyMadao said:
i was afraid that they would adapt the fight with slow motion, i am glad i was wrong and they adapt it as faithful as possible to the manga since almost all of the fight scene on this series end in less than several minutes

and it's too bad that they didn't animate the scene with otter delicacy

Actually it's included in this week's Golden Douga Gekijou, well, parts of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgj3AyV3K68
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2018

292 by Nilton_Junio »»
Apr 13, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

41 by elviskocho1023 »»
Mar 24, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

24 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 9 Discussion

17 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 8 Discussion

19 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.