Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 7, 2018 5:16 AM

May 2012
Opening song is so good. One of the best in this season
Feb 7, 2018 7:33 AM

Oct 2008
This might be one of the best OP music this season!
I don't like the attitude/personality of Seibah...
So our MC is dead face? UMU!..
4/5.

so this episode 2, how many "UMU" did Seibah blurted out?
oh god! after reading all comments, has MAL community get retarded of the umu syndrome?
matias067Feb 7, 2018 7:49 AM

Feb 7, 2018 3:30 PM

Aug 2015
Can’t go wrong with Shaft, imagine if they did Zero and SN... Broken necks ftw! I mean headtilts...
Feb 7, 2018 4:05 PM

May 2015
yeah ok. Waiting for real shiet.

Nice boobs.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 7, 2018 4:10 PM

Jan 2008
My god, not sure if it's the character design, her personality or a combination of both but this Saber is stupidly adorable. Not sure if she was trying to hide her nips but okay with showing below or just trying to hold up her huge chest. Her strangely mature expression at the end of the op reminds me a bit of adult Shinobu from the Monogatari. Her voice... would honestly work great for a loli.

Also the OST during the bathing.
Feb 7, 2018 4:51 PM

Dec 2013
It's weird I kinda like this one, not sure why though.
Feb 7, 2018 5:40 PM

Apr 2015
Paul said:
Her voice... would honestly work great for a loli.

Also the OST during the bathing.

Sakura already voiced a servant loli. Jack the ripper in Apocrypha lol.
Feb 7, 2018 7:13 PM

Apr 2014
So, apparently according to the official website of Last Encore, the time skip Hakuno and Nero went trough was 100 or 1000 years, hence why everything looks different, Shinji looks older and doesn't recognize Hakuno, there's also the fact Kotomine commented the HGW was already over "a long time ago" at the end of the first episode, meaning the time skip could have happened even before Hakuno reached Nero's sword.

Nero is showing why she's best Saber(even though I like all of them, but Sakura Tange hnnng), I'm loving the mesh of big field of view on places of Shaft with Extra's style, OP's song is awesome but animation can be better(probably avoiding spoilers like other people already commented), Shinji has his own Harem(willingly? What timeline is this?), Casual Drake is love, can't wait to see the other masters and servants(can I please get animated Alice already?).

I'm also all for Avenger Hakuno lol

Overall loving this new "route" of Extra, 5/5.
Bring some more you crazy f** up mushroom.
Kanon191Feb 7, 2018 9:53 PM
Feb 8, 2018 2:02 AM

May 2013
Paul said:

She's also voiced Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura, so you are right about that.
Not changing this signature until P.A. Works announces 2nd season of Shirobako.
Feb 8, 2018 5:33 AM

Aug 2009
Paul said:

The VA is voicing Jack in fate/Apocrypha.
Feb 8, 2018 8:19 AM
Mar 2017
"Dead face"???????? Holy shittttttttt .....badass ^_^
Feb 8, 2018 11:12 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All those resigned Masters was a little disappointed, at this point, you are in the right, the same to me!!!
Feb 8, 2018 11:19 AM
Jan 2013
So far I haven't been intrigued by anything. Hopefully the 3rd episode picks up my interest, because so far this is the only Fate I've been bored by. Can't help but feel the love for this is mostly from people who've played the game. I feel like I understand some if not most of what's been given to us so far too, so idk. May just not be for me.
KougaiFeb 8, 2018 11:32 AM
Feb 8, 2018 3:58 PM

May 2013
Homiecidal Shinji with the headtilts
Smug Umu best Umu
The opening song reminds me so much of Cardfight Vanguard. It's shaft so it would probably be better when the blu-ray is released.
Fate Antics
Feb 8, 2018 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
i still don't know why i'm intrigued by this weird setting everything is just been thrown in more than like apocryphal in a way i'm kinda okay with?

passing grade for Umu's music is good as well.
Feb 8, 2018 10:08 PM

Aug 2013
Like those OSTs. Any idea when those will be out? I've already seen the full version of the OP but can't find anything else.
Feb 9, 2018 3:44 AM
Aug 2017
I honestly have mixed opinions on how Hakuno literally gives zero shit about anything. On one hand it actually makes him kinda cool, but on the other hand it just makes him really empty.

By the way, I saw some YouTube comments calling him a "chad".
Feb 9, 2018 1:06 PM
Apr 2015
So when people called Shinji a asswhole is no one going to mention that "Rin" basically told him to kill someone to proceed (in the flashback)? She basically told Shinji (indirectly) to kill the mc to get selected as a master. Talking about being sly and underhanded... (probably should be a big indication that this isn't the real Rin we all know from before)

Kinda sad to see Nero going 1v3 while technically any of these servants could give Nero a serious fight if not downright overpower her (if they cared about powerlevels and shit) but since this is the "Nero show"...

Feb 9, 2018 1:12 PM

Jul 2012
frenze12 said:
So when people called Shinji a asswhole is no one going to mention that "Rin" basically told him to kill someone to proceed (in the flashback)? She basically told Shinji (indirectly) to kill the mc to get selected as a master. Talking about being sly and underhanded... (probably should be a big indication that this isn't the real Rin we all know from before)

That wasn't Rin who said that, but Amari(Shinji's girlfriend from first episode).
Feb 9, 2018 1:33 PM

Dec 2016
Can someone explain this to me. I feel like i have no idea what is happening. Where did all these ppl come from? Why are they stuck in a game? Why is Shinji the mayor? How does he keep getting stabbed without dying? Wtf is he transforming into something at the end?? What is going on???

Explanation without spoilers please
Feb 9, 2018 1:54 PM

Jul 2012
Woodfall said:
Can someone explain this to me. I feel like i have no idea what is happening. Where did all these ppl come from? Why are they stuck in a game? Why is Shinji the mayor? How does he keep getting stabbed without dying? Wtf is he transforming into something at the end?? What is going on???

I don't really consider this spoilers, but I'll throw up a spoiler button in case. There is nothing about upcoming servants masters.
Feb 9, 2018 1:58 PM

Dec 2014
Woodfall said:

Quiet, you filthy secondary! Stop asking questions you should know the answers to - because they're so obvious in the show. They aren't? Oh, well they will be explained later in the show. They won't? Well then you'll have to read up on the details online from people whose purpose in life is to plug all the plot holes in the show with 100% grass-fed bullshit.
Because this is apparently considered good writing.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Feb 9, 2018 2:16 PM

Dec 2016
TrueKireiPriest said:
Woodfall said:

Quiet, you filthy secondary! Stop asking questions you should know the answers to - because they're so obvious in the show. They aren't? Oh, well they will be explained later in the show. They won't? Well then you'll have to read up on the details online from people whose purpose in life is to plug all the plot holes in the show with 100% grass-fed bullshit.

If youre not gonna answer me seriously then dont bother answering me at all.

Edit: thankfully someone else was nice and answered. I felt like there was so background info that i needed in order to watch. If i felt like the show wouldve explained it in the future than i wouldnt have asked here. Thanks to not you i now sort of understand
WoodfallFeb 9, 2018 2:21 PM
Feb 9, 2018 2:23 PM

Dec 2016
zedar89 said:
Woodfall said:

I don't really consider this spoilers, but I'll throw up a spoiler button in case. There is nothing about upcoming servants masters.

Thanks a bunch! I felt like i had to be missing something so thanks for filling me in. So is this suppose to be another parallel world to Stay/night then since Shinji and Rin are here?
Feb 9, 2018 2:38 PM

Jul 2012
Woodfall said:
zedar89 said:

Thanks a bunch! I felt like i had to be missing something so thanks for filling me in. So is this suppose to be another parallel world to Stay/night then since Shinji and Rin are here?

Feb 9, 2018 3:41 PM

Apr 2014
Woodfall said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

If youre not gonna answer me seriously then dont bother answering me at all.

Edit: thankfully someone else was nice and answered. I felt like there was so background info that i needed in order to watch. If i felt like the show wouldve explained it in the future than i wouldnt have asked here. Thanks to not you i now sort of understand

Ignore him, he's a troll who's on the anime threads only to complain all the time and try to push people away from watching because he doesn't like it, he's posted several times, always in a "I know best and everyone else is wrong" kinda way. Honestly it'd be best if people just let him talk to himself.
Feb 9, 2018 7:45 PM
Aug 2017
Woodfall said:
zedar89 said:

Slightly unrelated, but even Fate/Extra players don't really know much about what's going on, since Nasu decided to make this an anime original...
Feb 9, 2018 9:53 PM
Oct 2013
Is this the forum discussion for Fate/Extra Last Encore
Just making sure I was in the right place
Feb 9, 2018 9:58 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that was a pretty good episode. It was really SHAFT-ey as well. We got Nero saying "Umu" and all!
Feb 10, 2018 4:03 AM

Oct 2014
frenze12 said:
So when people called Shinji a asswhole is no one going to mention that "Rin" basically told him to kill someone to proceed (in the flashback)? She basically told Shinji (indirectly) to kill the mc to get selected as a master. Talking about being sly and underhanded...

And who said it was Rin?
Feb 10, 2018 4:09 AM
Apr 2015
Shayon said:
frenze12 said:
So when people called Shinji a asswhole is no one going to mention that "Rin" basically told him to kill someone to proceed (in the flashback)? She basically told Shinji (indirectly) to kill the mc to get selected as a master. Talking about being sly and underhanded...

And who said it was Rin?

Based on that Rin was shown in the immediately previous or next scene. In the Shinji scene we only heard voices and he was pretty distressed...
Feb 10, 2018 4:12 AM

Oct 2014
frenze12 said:
Shayon said:

And who said it was Rin?

Based on that Rin was shown in the immediately previous or next scene. In the Shinji scene we only heard voices and he was pretty distressed...

That doesn't prove anything tho, we only heard voices. It could be that Amari girl who appeared in ep 1 or even someone else we haven't seen yet.
Feb 10, 2018 4:15 AM
Apr 2015
Shayon said:
frenze12 said:

That doesn't prove anything tho, we only heard voices. It could be that Amari girl who appeared in ep 1 or even someone else we haven't seen yet.

awkward similar voice if it's true though...
Feb 10, 2018 4:36 AM

Oct 2014
frenze12 said:
awkward similar voice if it's true though...

They don't sound similar to me, and the girl in the flashback has a different tone of speaking compared to Rin.

Then again it could be the communication device that altered her voice.
Feb 10, 2018 8:12 AM

Aug 2009
Hmm, for some reason it sounded like Sakura to me.
Feb 10, 2018 3:56 PM

Feb 2013
Definitely interesting with Shinbou at the reigns.

This Saber is a fun one for sure.
Feb 10, 2018 4:34 PM

Aug 2009
allblue1 said:
Man, I didn't even know this was getting an anime, and now that I've seen it I'm kinda disappointed. I don't mind all the changes to the story, but this Red Saber is so different from the game were she premiered. She was alot more serious. She is kinda like a female Gilgamesh, but less annoying? This version of her feels off.

Did Nero change in personality in the more recent games (Extella, F:GO, etc)? I honestly haven't been keeping up with any of this stuff. The one in the show feels like a completely different character. This is not the one I fell in love with back in 2011.
what?

Nero was always like a female Iskandar.
Feb 10, 2018 6:53 PM

Dec 2014
Whatever nonsense Kanon191 was going on about does not matter
Woodfall said:

This is the response that I found truly puzzling. In what way did zedar89 answer any of your questions? With the exception of explaining that they are in a simulation (which is something the show has stated repeatedly to the point where it was pointless to ask), all his answers where essentially either "we don't know yet" or "they'll tell you later".

And this part is a complete lie:
zedar89 said:

He survives because he is Hakuno. Trying to theorize about it would involve spoilers, but Hakuno has always been very hard to kill. He's stubborn.

I don't know how many times this must be repeated before people understand: Hakuno never had the ability to come back from the dead. Not in the the PSP game Fate/Extra, not in Fate/Extella. Never.
"Stubbornness" is a ridiculous explanation, quite frankly. "Plot armour" is far more apt.
Feb 10, 2018 6:56 PM
Aug 2015
Episode 2 was very good i just curious , the characters Fate/last encore
Feb 11, 2018 12:05 AM

Dec 2016
TrueKireiPriest said:
Woodfall said:

This is the response that I found truly puzzling. In what way did zedar89 answer any of your questions? With the exception of explaining that they are in a simulation (which is something the show has stated repeatedly to the point where it was pointless to ask), all his answers where essentially either "we don't know yet" or "they'll tell you later".

zedar89 said:

He survives because he is Hakuno. Trying to theorize about it would involve spoilers, but Hakuno has always been very hard to kill. He's stubborn.

I don't know how many times this must be repeated before people understand: Hakuno never had the ability to come back from the dead. Not in the the PSP game Fate/Extra, not in Fate/Extella. Never.
"Stubbornness" is a ridiculous explanation, quite frankly. "Plot armour" is far more apt.

Good point. Good thing you are here to answer my questions instead then. Since you had enough time to type that out you might as well right?
Feb 11, 2018 3:52 AM

Apr 2014
Zelev said:
All he needs is the hatred. Hell yeah boi.

This comment was strangely humorous to me.
Feb 11, 2018 4:39 AM
May 2015
Woodfall said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

Good point. Good thing you are here to answer my questions instead then. Since you had enough time to type that out you might as well right?

I can answer you regarding the transformation. It's called Dead Face, the name of the episode. According to the official site, it's a strengthening phenomenon that occurs extremely rarely after Chakravartin appeared in the Moon Cell. Thus, it's likely that Dead Face is connected to Saver somehow.
Feb 12, 2018 3:14 PM

Aug 2017
Lol Hakuno stabbed again. Nero is interesting, not to the extreme of being annoying. I understand more the plot. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 13, 2018 10:53 PM
Jun 2017
Well, that escalated quickly.
Feb 14, 2018 4:51 PM

Feb 2012
TrueKireiPriest said:

That's especially funny if one considers the worthlessness of your postings.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Feb 14, 2018 5:20 PM

Feb 2012
It's the details that I like a lot in this episode. The subtlety of this Sabers character hinting towards who she is, aided by her great Seiyuu, Satoru Kosaki bringing out his A-Game for the soundtrack and the excellent colour design, especially in the reds(easily their Hibinos best since Denpa Onna) ,among other things, make this show a very entertaining ride despite me as a Fate casual not understanding most of the stuff I saw
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Feb 14, 2018 9:59 PM

Mar 2014
Shinji is the stereotypical newbie FGO player using a team full of berserkers lol
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Feb 15, 2018 1:57 PM

Dec 2014
Nucksen said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

That's especially funny if one considers the worthlessness of your postings.

No, it isn't. I posted that because Kanon191 addressed none of the issues I raised, and instead attempted to smear me as a troll. His reply had absolutely no value or merit.
Come to think of it, you two have a lot in common.
Feb 19, 2018 5:33 AM

Mar 2012
This Saber feels like a shameless version of Chitoge, really annoying! Wonder how she even became a "hero". This is most probably the worst among whatever fate series I've watched so far.
Feb 25, 2018 1:00 PM

Oct 2012
Not bad, actually, definitely at least better than apocrypha (although it's not that hard to be better). Kinda like Saber's character, she feels like genuine servant and her enter scene in the bath was sweet piece of clever fanservice. And even the story got interesting after that.

What I didn't like was the OP, felt like from wholly different series (chara design wtf?) And it also irks me a bit that there is no working bone structure when characters are moving, the animation could be definitely better.

But so far, yeah, I'm intrigued, let's hope this won't turn bad.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

60 by Apreggi »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.