Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2017 4:52 AM

Dec 2011
Mezter said:
totsugeruru said:
this show have annoying characters.

Ironically, I think that's the charm of this show, slightly similar to Oregairu.

The girls are

I kinda hope this show gets some attention though, it's already far down on the chart :/

Jul 13, 2017 5:05 AM
Jun 2015
Not bad but I'm not a fan of the characters yet. The first genre listed for this is comedy. I don't see this being much of a comedy. LN readers, is this really a comedy later on?
Jul 13, 2017 5:10 AM
Aug 2016
SailorJenny95 said:
Not bad but I'm not a fan of the characters yet. The first genre listed for this is comedy. I don't see this being much of a comedy. LN readers, is this really a comedy later on?

well, you could feel the "comedy" from what ayanokouji (our mc) thought, and from so many sarcasm that happen in the LN. but on this first anime episode we could barely see any comedy tho, i wonder how the director will implement the comedy later on the show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2017 5:11 AM

Aug 2012
Finally a worth watching anime this season. I just hope this keeps up though so far the character is not likeable but still interesting to watch.

PS: I can't stand Kushida. (I'm thinking if she got another side)
Jul 13, 2017 5:17 AM

Jul 2011
This will become nasty :/

ofc nothing is free, you are forced to pass school and to get money you have to get good grades, 100% success school, yeah ;)

I don't like Kushida, she is just too happy and trying to be friends with everyone. If you think closely what cause grades drop / dropout from school, I think we get what will happen in next episodes. This school has 100% rate, so they need to take any, I mean any action to make students better.

And there are maybe some wolves among sheeps ;)

Never heard about this serie before watching episode 1, but this is my guess for story.
GaichiJul 13, 2017 5:26 AM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jul 13, 2017 5:29 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting story and world setting even though the characters are too realistic/weird and lots of boobs (not sure it's good/bad).
Jul 13, 2017 5:37 AM

Dec 2014
monkry said:
Mezter said:

Ironically, I think that's the charm of this show, slightly similar to Oregairu.

The girls are

I kinda hope this show gets some attention though, it's already far down on the chart :/

Oh I wasn't clear enough..this show is not a harem at all.
Jul 13, 2017 6:00 AM

May 2014
I knew that would happen to those slackers in the D class. I think the only 2 people who still have some points left are the male MC and that girl sitting next to him.
But it makes a lot more sense now that she only bought cheep things, she must have already known about the system, since it looks like the President is her older brother or something
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 13, 2017 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
I like the comedy, but it doesn't feel like it deserves the "comedy" genre yet.
Great episode, the plot seems boring and average to me though, main characters are too plain and I really hope this gets a twist or something, "students learning to get more points plot" is kinda dumb if you ask me. Oh well I do have high hopes for this one and I really hope it'll be a good one, adding romance to this might be weird though but I guess we'll see.
7.5/10 episode.
Jul 13, 2017 6:48 AM
Jun 2015
AeroSN said:
SailorJenny95 said:

well, you could feel the "comedy" from what ayanokouji (our mc) thought, and from so many sarcasm that happen in the LN. but on this first anime episode we could barely see any comedy tho, i wonder how the director will implement the comedy later on the show.

Yeah it was quite sarcastic. I was just expecting one of those comedy school romance shows where there's mishaps and misunderstandings. But I like this better atm.
Jul 13, 2017 7:29 AM

Sep 2014
MC has Apathy down to an art form. Also the whole class needs to succeed for anyone to get points? So the class can only get as far as its worst member.
Jul 13, 2017 8:09 AM

Oct 2013
Hey, that's not bad! wait for the next episode, with the bullies and lack of money
The only bad point is the male gaze on the boobs too many times
Jul 13, 2017 8:26 AM

Dec 2015
The MC gives out Oreki Houtarou vibes, yet at the same time does the opposite things. I don't understand him.

From the endning, and from the way their seniors were acting, I'm guessing there will be a lot of moments where people will act like shit to others. This is gonna be tough.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 13, 2017 8:29 AM

Oct 2015
Looks interesting. I knew there will be a catch, there's no way they will receive 100.000 yens each a month that easily. This anime has a romance and comedy genres, but I didn't saw any of those things in this episode. Well looking forward for the next episode
Jul 13, 2017 8:31 AM

Mar 2012
Feels similar to Oregairu.

This is the only one that actually interested me so far in this season. I like their system, definitely need it in my college here.
Jul 13, 2017 8:42 AM

Jun 2013
it reminds me of Oregairu also I fucking knew there's gonna be a twist
Jul 13, 2017 9:04 AM

Jan 2017
oregairu or not, I like it, I love oregairu anyway. The main point of their story are obviously different but we see a lot in common from some character in term of their appearance and personality. Absolutely interesting for the first episode, totally must watch for this summer 2017.

well, just realised, lot of good school anime for just this summer, but this one currently above in my list.
Jul 13, 2017 9:19 AM
May 2017
Still can't deny how good the character design is.
I don't know why people hate it, I just think it fantastic, especially the eyes, I am literally in love with it <3
Jul 13, 2017 10:00 AM

Nov 2015
Good episode. This anime reminds me of Oregairu. The loner mc with dead fish eyes, the loner beautiful female with long black hair and the energetic popular cute girl with short orange hair, doesn't it look like Hikigaya, Yukinoshita and Yui. Well, it's not a problem, I really liked this first episode.
Jul 13, 2017 10:43 AM
Oct 2010
Scalpelexis said:
GD1551 said:
So can any of the source readers tell us if this lives up to the tags it currently has? Because other than him saying "I blew it" there weren't any jokes here. Also the bitchy girl could have warned the class about what was going to happen as well if she is actually family with the council president, but judging by her comments on the academy she seems to have been left in the dark as well.

Additionally I was wondering why the MCs balance didn't go up but it dawned on me that the teacher was referring to the entire class with her rant (I felt kinda stupid here). That actually sets up a pretty interesting scenario of power players in the classroom with some students essentially controlling others directly through their financial situations. It also has the potential to cause a lot of animosity for weaker/misbehaving students.

It's also interesting that the MC noticed the camera outside of the convenience store, so it's quite likely that your non classroom activities count toward your worth as well, but I'm not sure about that. I suppose the academy produces results because it forces the best students to pull up those "beneath" them to their level. Overall, pretty interesting show, could be good, could be bad, but it's interesting at least.

The only thing that bothered me was no one asked about the merit system when the teacher SPECIFICALLY highlighted it when she explaining the point system. I find that to be extremely odd, but at the same time she's right for calling them out on not trying to find out how it works and why it was so easy. Couldn't they have at least tried to get information from the older students? (Although it seems like the older students weren't willing to give that up anyway.. maybe a school rule?)

This is unfortunately too early to call. At least from a non-Japanese reader, who relies on translations of LN and manga. So far the romance and comedy is not too exploited. I mean the comedy maybe, but I do not laugh on people messing up or stupidly overreacting. But it is easy to guess there will be some romantic plot going on, similar to Oregairu.

That's actually a good thing, that means it will focus on the classroom conflict for the time being. Also I really hope this doesn't go down the oregairu route, the first season was cool then it lost all balance in the second season and turned overly dramatic. I'm hoping this goes along the lines of a "battle shounen" where the focus of the story is around the methods the achieving students use to prop up the weaker ones rather than personal relationships.

Interestingly enough, it seems the "I wanna be friends" girl has set herself up, especially because she has a large balance. That means she has to choose between these new friends and her survival, so it will be interesting to see how that unfolds.
Jul 13, 2017 11:09 AM

Jul 2010
I'm pleasantly surprised. That chick with the short hair that wants to be everyone's friend creeps me out though, looking forward to how the plot progresses.
Jul 13, 2017 11:35 AM

Dec 2014
well the first episode was something..looking forward to the next one
Jul 13, 2017 11:41 AM

Dec 2008
Quite interested in seeing how many students are going to starve to death before June 1st rolls around.
Jul 13, 2017 11:43 AM
Jul 2014
dragonshade said:
This looks like Oregairu. You have hayama, hachiman, Yui and Yukino replicas lol.
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm enjoying this.
Jul 13, 2017 12:19 PM

Nov 2011
Yes episode 1 did not disappoint! Loved this, and I am in love with Horikita and Ayanokouji. Also sensei...holy shit Sensei is a freaking GODDESS!!!

Looking forward to see how these kids handle the harsh reality they're about to go through.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 13, 2017 12:26 PM

Feb 2013
Gaichi said:

ofc nothing is free, you are forced to pass school and to get money you have to get good grades, 100% success school, yeah ;)

I don't like Kushida, she is just too happy and trying to be friends with everyone. If you think closely what cause grades drop / dropout from school, I think we get what will happen in next episodes. This school has 100% rate, so they need to take any, I mean any action to make students better.

Never heard about this serie before watching episode 1, but this is my guess for story.

Wow, so you don't like a likeable person. I will never understand this public. If a character is like her, people don't like. If is the contrary personality, people don't like.
Jul 13, 2017 12:49 PM
Apr 2014
Combined elements from the baka to test and assassination classroom (school wise, lowest grade gets treated like shit ect...)
The 3 characters are straight up taken and rebranded from Oregairu.

That being said it still was interesting, I will see what the 2nd episode brings. It seems a few bad people in the class gets the whole class punished with 0 money awarded.
Jul 13, 2017 1:11 PM

Apr 2017
GD1551 said:
Scalpelexis said:

This is unfortunately too early to call. At least from a non-Japanese reader, who relies on translations of LN and manga. So far the romance and comedy is not too exploited. I mean the comedy maybe, but I do not laugh on people messing up or stupidly overreacting. But it is easy to guess there will be some romantic plot going on, similar to Oregairu.

That's actually a good thing, that means it will focus on the classroom conflict for the time being. Also I really hope this doesn't go down the oregairu route, the first season was cool then it lost all balance in the second season and turned overly dramatic. I'm hoping this goes along the lines of a "battle shounen" where the focus of the story is around the methods the achieving students use to prop up the weaker ones rather than personal relationships.

Interestingly enough, it seems the "I wanna be friends" girl has set herself up, especially because she has a large balance. That means she has to choose between these new friends and her survival, so it will be interesting to see how that unfolds.

You see, there's the difference between manga and this anime. The MC in manga is not so "Hachimany", he is more normal, so it looks more like a personal approach of the studio to give him more cynical look. Thus it is for me pretty hard to predict, what will be going on.

Unfortunately, don't wanna spil too much, but it doesn't look like to incline into any physical battles, rather solving the financial and study problems the more common way. But there is not too much translated material. It will take about 3-4 episodes to get to the translation lvl.
Jul 13, 2017 1:48 PM
Oct 2010
Scalpelexis said:
GD1551 said:

You see, there's the difference between manga and this anime. The MC in manga is not so "Hachimany", he is more normal, so it looks more like a personal approach of the studio to give him more cynical look. Thus it is for me pretty hard to predict, what will be going on.

Unfortunately, don't wanna spil too much, but it doesn't look like to incline into any physical battles, rather solving the financial and study problems the more common way. But there is not too much translated material. It will take about 3-4 episodes to get to the translation lvl.

Yeah I'm not expecting much fist fighting (there might be physical altercation but not expecting it), I just want to see the ways the better students handle the worst ones.
Jul 13, 2017 2:13 PM
Apr 2016
caio_ken said:
Gaichi said:

Wow, so you don't like a likeable person. I will never understand this public. If a character is like her, people don't like. If is the contrary personality, people don't like.

That is because she appears to be a "perfectly good" girl that simply wants to be friends with everyone. Why? What's the catch? Where is the flaw? People do not like such "perfect" characters because they are 99 out of 100 LIARS and IMPERSONATORS. And if she is exactly opposite, then she is an anti-social scum... It's complicated. This is just the first impression and one-dimensional start. As they continue you will hopefully stop caring for someone "not liking a "likeable" person".
Re:formed
Jul 13, 2017 2:43 PM

Jul 2016
caio_ken said:

That's because both attitudes you mention lack in reciprocity. Nobody likes someone who will do them good/ill regardless of what you do towards them. It's creepy as hell, and makes you feel like "you could've been anyone and it would've been the same". People want to feel special, or at least want to feel like you care for them because - in a way - you sorta deserved it for what you did. A person who gives you love (or grief) unconditionally is depersonalizing.

As for this show... it could be good, but I find the premise to be absurd. No elite school I know of runs such a system, and for a good reason. If you selected the best students of the country and spent a lot of resources to turn them into an elite, you wouldn't waste such a fortune simply to "teach them a lesson". It'd be much more efficient to simply set up a harsh curriculum with a "you must pass x exams before midterm or you're out" policy - which is, in fact, what most IRL elite schools do. This anime feels less like an actual school and more like some weird social experiments to test ppl's reaction to a certain environment.

And if we wanna go down to that, why would you spend such a fortune and then enlist such a bad teacher, anyway? All she has going for her are her boobs, from what I've seen. She lacks any bare capacity of drawing the interest of her students, and her lessons seem boring as fuck. Were there really no better teachers available?

... Okay I get that maybe I'm digging too much into it and "it's part of the premise which makes the show work". But if a premise is ridiculous on so many levels, how am I supposed to take it seriously? I would understand if this show was as comedic as, say, Battle Girl High School, but it is not, so... what?
Jul 13, 2017 3:08 PM

Mar 2016
Rina Satou why are you so great, even in sexy teacher mode, she's amazing !
Good episode.
Jul 13, 2017 4:52 PM

Apr 2012
i don't get it

why is there a comedy tag on this
there's literally 0 comedy lol

Jul 13, 2017 4:59 PM

Jul 2009
Excellent. From the moment he began I had a good feeling, I pray this series continues on strong and doesn't flop. By no means was it perfect, but if you expect perfection you will be disappointed.

Kushida or whatever that stupid girl's name was is unbearable. Ugh. If she doesn't have some ulterior motive or twisted hidden personality I'll puke. Don't create a real good-two-shoe character like that. She's overbearing and annoying asf. There must be a catch. She's not likaeble for the sole reason that she tries too hard and undervalues friendship. You're suddenly friends with someone just because you talked to them once and say you want to be friends? GTFO.

Also, is it individual merit or are they grouped as a class? Did they really all get 0 points? As far as I can tell the MC isn't a dumb ass and he wasn't following the rest of the class with being tardy. I really like him. His voice, his appearance, his personality. My soul animal. (Shouldn't he have gotten points for fixing the garbage?)

Also 100 to what the teacher said. Are these kids really that dumb? They knew the school operates on merit yet they assume they can slack and get 100 000 yen every month? They deserve to starve.
Jul 13, 2017 5:32 PM
Jun 2017
Very remarkable first episode.

I read a lot of the comments, tho i cant relate this to any of those animes, and definitly not to oregairu.

Well whatever, im expecting a lot to come from this one.
Jul 13, 2017 6:38 PM

Feb 2017
Tichey said:
MC has Apathy down to an art form. Also the whole class needs to succeed for anyone to get points? So the class can only get as far as its worst member.

Probably why the academy boasts a 100% College/job acceptance rate, the peer pressure is real. I anticipate some people doing loans with silly stipulations over their next month.

I think the secondary mc female is suspicious as fuck, either she just randomly wants friends more so than an average person, or she is actually pretty sinister.
Jul 13, 2017 7:47 PM

Jul 2015
Wow blondie was a douche right off the bat. That whole beggining bit was awkard as heck, like, wow... WERE OFF TO A GOOD START WITH THIS ONE. Anyway, it played exactly how I expected it to play out from start to finish, but that didn't hinder my enjoyment of the anime in any way. I look forward to seeing where things go from here, it has to get worse, can't be just losing their money.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 13, 2017 9:25 PM
Feb 2012
Proof that all stoic anime girls with that style of long black or dark hair are real bitches.
Jul 13, 2017 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
My prediction for Classroom of The Elite in the future episode, theres gonna be student who starving to death because no money and some kind of bullying, maybe.
Jul 14, 2017 3:53 AM

May 2015
GangsterCat said:
main character = shitty voice acting, boring, bland, plain character.
+ edgy main girl

oh man, another easy 1/10

Oh man, another bs drop.

Jul 14, 2017 6:10 AM

Apr 2013
So far so good, i'm loving this show. Lolz to that whole class spending frivolously, like they couldn't see that curveball coming. I like how MC still has loads of money to spare. He's set for another 3 or 4 months at that rate. Although i don't think it's fair that he seems to be judged just as harshly as the rest of the class. He didn't look to be slacking off to me.
Jul 14, 2017 7:08 AM

Sep 2013
dragonshade said:
This looks like Oregairu. You have hayama, hachiman, Yui and Yukino replicas lol.

Totally agree! The Hachiman 2.0 and Yuki 2.0 were quite alike. Also that 'everybodys friend' girl was looking quite manipulative and fake. One of the most interesting shows of the season.
Jul 14, 2017 7:50 AM

Mar 2013
Hmm so Oregairu + Baka Test = This anime?

Well I'm interested in premise but don't like the characters. I don't care about his apathetic attitude but it was really irritating to hear MC speak like that tbh.

Looking forward if the characters or even the show itself gets any fraction of likes of the ones I mentioned above.
Jul 14, 2017 8:01 AM
Feb 2017
This anime really gives me the vibe of oregairu, such as the character's personality but since this anime does not have the drama tag but comedy, I'm interested how this will be like, I mean this is episode 1 😋
Jul 14, 2017 8:42 AM

May 2015
pretty interesting
they look like hentai charas
and the girl who wants to be friends with everyone is definitely fishy af
Jul 14, 2017 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
People are comparing the MC to Hachiman, I think the loner girl is a closer representation of him, viewing everyone as having ulterior motives.

Really enjoyed this first episode, the MC is really likable, he's anti-social but not because he chooses to isolate himself like most loner characters in anime.

The concept of top students being rewarded with luxury and bad students living in poverty is very reminicent of Baka to test, although this looks like a more serious take on the idea.
Jul 14, 2017 9:21 AM
May 2014
it really a drops that people comparing him to hachiman. hachiman feels more comedic than this, like how he flustered when in contact with totsuka. and his laziness is connected with something awkward and more like "shit , why am I dragged into this?" situation.

Ayanokouji, at least more relateable in term of lazy guy. bet someone who lazy could realte ayanokouji more than hachiman, while at some point hachiman character brings better enjoyment than ayanokouji, which explain mixed thought of people about this series

plot looks promising though , cant wait for the next episode
Jul 14, 2017 4:32 PM

Mar 2009
Dat homeroom teacher tho.
Jul 14, 2017 5:29 PM

Aug 2016
First thing I need to say is that I love the art style! It's very beautiful, especially the eyes. Damn those eyes! They are mesmerizing as all hell!! Each character has a different eye color, and it's not just one solid color either, it's layered colors! And if I might say, they eyes are a bit orgasmic lmao! It was amazing! As for the entire episode itself, I found it to be quite good and very promising. I really enjoyed how it started out. Describing basically how we, as a society, are all born equal and the same. But as we grow up, the gaps between each of us grows larger and we all take different paths in life; becoming different types of people. Very cool way to start the episode.

Also I really like the idea of the point system. In a way, it forces the students to study and work hard in order to have money to survive! If the class doesn't get their shit together, they won't have money to live on. What an interesting idea and I cannot wait to see where it goes from here!
Jul 14, 2017 7:40 PM

Oct 2008
Oh My God! Lerche definitely strikes again!
first episode was really great!
I knew something was wrong because every thing seems to be convenient!
money/point system is based to your merit...i mean like every thing you do even your personality/attitude! DAMN!
5/5!

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

527 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 16, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

211 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

171 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

235 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 11, 3:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.