Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 4, 2017 7:02 AM

Nov 2015
This story is getting more weird and love than revenge lul
Mar 4, 2017 7:36 AM

Dec 2013
Lol, now "he" appears....
To be honest, I very much preferred Neko's arc to the idiocy of what's to come.

Oh well, I soldiered through the manga, I'll do the same for the anime.

And for all those who're still trying to piece through the mystery, remember this: "Pig's Foot" is already out of the bag.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 4, 2017 8:16 AM
Aug 2015
DMind said:
So Adagaki has a thing for fat and chubby...you think that has something to do with her eating eating disorder? Like maybe she too wants to be fat and chubby but no matter how much she eats she still stays thin or something?
Hahahaha :"D , no, aki began the eat a lot since masamune left as a child, if im not mistaken Aki's dad secretary explains that
Mar 4, 2017 11:14 AM

Oct 2015

Peasants will take their proper roles as supporting cast or background characters.
Mar 4, 2017 11:59 AM
Mar 2016
Well, Neko is goodbye, there are 3 things that I find sooo stupid in here,

1. Masamune, never remembers Neko that they've met once and even had their pictures taken when they were little kids.

2. Neko, not telling Masamune as to how she got to know him.

3. Masamune being very stupid of not letting Neko be part of his plan.

Also is that fat guy Masamune who somehow got fat very fast?
Mar 4, 2017 12:22 PM
Dec 2014
Whoahoho said:
Well, Neko is goodbye, there are 3 things that I find sooo stupid in here,

1. Masamune, never remembers Neko that they've met once and even had their pictures taken when they were little kids.

2. Neko, not telling Masamune as to how she got to know him.

3. Masamune being very stupid of not letting Neko be part of his plan.

Also is that fat guy Masamune who somehow got fat very fast?

1. You remember every person you meet in your childhood? They met on some kind of party that doesn't mean they stayed in contact after meeting at that party. In short, that is probably the only time they met.

2. She doesn't want to bother him any further than she already has. Knowing that might make him feel bad and she doesn't want that.

3. Neko is against his plan, she tried to convince him to abandon it right? Also that's the same as using Neko and Makabe isn't on that level of asshole.
Mar 4, 2017 1:11 PM

Feb 2016
Hmmmmm, I'm a little conflicted on this one.

First, I still don't know how Masamune figured out that Neko didn't really love him, but what's even more confusing is whether she really did.

What she says to him indicates that she didn't really love him, but there are two things that say she actually did:

1. She wonders if this is what heartbreak fees like when he leaves in in Ep.8.
2. She lies to him about why she chose him. Her picture with him as children shows she knew who he was and I think she loved him then too.

It seems she lied to him and let him go because she wants what's best for Masamune, but that seems silly because she knows he's going after Aki for revenge and not love, which will only end badly. What I would have done in Neko's place is scold Masamune for being an idiot and pursuing what he knows is a worthless goal.

I do however like Neko and she has come to be quite a tragic character.

Now, as for Aki, really strange that she is still so conflicted after all this time, but even stranger is her sudden memory of Masamune-chan. I get that she isn't shallow and this is meant to show that. We're getting some tasty dramatic irony in that Aki liked Masamune when he was a kid, which is something he doesn't know and what we didn't know either. A further degree being that she doesn't know this is the same Masamune, somehow? Is that a common name?

Anyway, the appearance of the "impostor" Masamune was kind of confusing. This is someone who knew both of them as a child and is also aware of what is currently happening and also happens to look like Masamune? What?

I'm curious about how they will explain it.

Mar 4, 2017 1:27 PM
Dec 2014
Saucy said:
Hmmmmm, I'm a little conflicted on this one.

First, I still don't know how Masamune figured out that Neko didn't really love him, but what's even more confusing is whether she really did.

What she says to him indicates that she didn't really love him, but there are two things that say she actually did:

1. She wonders if this is what heartbreak fees like when he leaves in in Ep.8.
2. She lies to him about why she chose him. Her picture with him as children shows she knew who he was and I think she loved him then too.

It seems she lied to him and let him go because she wants what's best for Masamune, but that seems silly because she knows he's going after Aki for revenge and not love, which will only end badly. What I would have done in Neko's place is scold Masamune for being an idiot and pursuing what he knows is a worthless goal.

I do however like Neko and she has come to be quite a tragic character.

Now, as for Aki, really strange that she is still so conflicted after all this time, but even stranger is her sudden memory of Masamune-chan. I get that she isn't shallow and this is meant to show that. We're getting some tasty dramatic irony in that Aki liked Masamune when he was a kid, which is something he doesn't know and what we didn't know either. A further degree being that she doesn't know this is the same Masamune, somehow? Is that a common name?

Anyway, the appearance of the "impostor" Masamune was kind of confusing. This is someone who knew both of them as a child and is also aware of what is currently happening and also happens to look like Masamune? What?

I'm curious about how they will explain it.

It is explained in ep. 9 why he thought Neko didn't love him. The time when he left the hospital he said "I thought something was strange, so I couldn't trust you".

Neko can probably tell that Masamune has genuine feelings for Aki (just like us). Thus, she is trying to make him give up on his revenge because she knows that relationship based on lie will not work out and he will also suffer the same fate as she did.
Mar 4, 2017 1:42 PM

Feb 2016
Huex3 said:

It is explained in ep. 9 why he thought Neko didn't love him. The time when he left the hospital he said "I thought something was strange, so I couldn't trust you".

Neko can probably tell that Masamune has genuine feelings for Aki (just like us). Thus, she is trying to make him give up on his revenge because she knows that relationship based on lie will not work out and he will also suffer the same fate as she did.

Yeah I guess that's an explanation, but I felt it was a bit weak, especially considering that there is some evidence to suggest that Neko really did love Masamune, it's her disingenuous execution of her plan which made Masamune distrust her.

You're right about her warning Masamune about his plan underhandedly, which I forgot to mention. But that had almost the opposite effect of what she intended. Masamune is right back to wanting revenge on Aki.

If it were me, I would have told him he's an idiot because I can tell he actually cares for Aki.

Mar 4, 2017 2:10 PM
May 2015
cliffhanger was dumb as shit but still another great ep

last 2 eps have pushed this from a 7 to a 9 for me. silver links ability to change tone seamlessly>>>>>>>>

also this OST is next level
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2017 2:19 PM

Mar 2016
You know what I still like Neko better Aki... my friends keep trying to change my view but NO!!!!!!!!!! Fight me hoe.

Was that kid a hallucination at the end!?!?!?!?!?!?!
UrbanJahtsMar 5, 2017 10:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2017 5:38 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno. Don't really get the ending scene...

Either a) she knows who he is and the I don't know why they are even playing this farce (the same names ffs! get rid of this amnesia bullshit) or
b) Makabe is just impersonating him which is clearly unlikely, considering the fact he remembers everything (but the VA was different so I dunno).

Also, that fat Masamune at the end, was he just a dream or real? (cause there is no way Makabe could gain so much fat in few hours, even if those scene were out of succession order).

It is also clear she isn't aware of any reason of the grudge he's having against her (so all is probably just misunderstanding) and likewise, he isn't aware of the fact that it was he who hurt her feelings when he left back then. She clearly doesn't remember his nickname so she probably took it on him out of whim and that means whole revenge is pretty much useless at his point.

Well, in the end I sincerelly really don't know what to think about this.

Anyway, concerning Neko, we got another part of Nisekoi fanfiction there (have to say better as the last part of Nisekoi was utterly dragged shit), even with child friendship and (almost the same photo). Wonder if that means Neko's appearance is over for an anime, probably yes as her role is done.
Mar 4, 2017 7:02 PM
Dec 2014
Mich666 said:
I dunno. Don't really get the ending scene...

Either a) she knows who he is and the I don't know why they are even playing this farce (the same names ffs! get rid of this amnesia bullshit) or
b) Makabe is just impersonating him which is clearly unlikely, considering the fact he remembers everything (but the VA was different so I dunno).

c)

She hasn't made the connection yet. Makabe changed his name as part of the plan during the 8 years that he spent with his grandfather.
She called her childhood friend by his forename - Masamune. Since she's not that close to him anymore she addresses him now with his (changed!) surname - Makabe.

And then there is the fact that they don't look that much alike.

Also the Crunchyroll/HorribleSubs subs were a bit misleading I think.
First she goes on about Makabe saying whatever sounds good. Then a flashback is shown and she continues "he was so cute", while refering to her childhood friend.

Mich666 said:
Also, that fat Masamune at the end, was he just a dream or real? (cause there is no way Makabe could gain so much fat in few hours, even if those scene were out of succession order).

That scene really happened. If you want to know a little more:
Mar 4, 2017 8:41 PM
Dec 2014
Saucy said:
Huex3 said:

Yeah I guess that's an explanation, but I felt it was a bit weak, especially considering that there is some evidence to suggest that Neko really did love Masamune, it's her disingenuous execution of her plan which made Masamune distrust her.

You're right about her warning Masamune about his plan underhandedly, which I forgot to mention. But that had almost the opposite effect of what she intended. Masamune is right back to wanting revenge on Aki.

If it were me, I would have told him he's an idiot because I can tell he actually cares for Aki.

It wasn't weak. You have to remember that:

1. Masamune has trust issues.

2. Neko came out of nowhere (what if she's a crazy chick? School Days). She lied about his first meeting with him, Masamune and even Yoshino knows nothing about her.

EDIT: Also, ever since her introduction Makabe has been cautious around her. His feelings won't change just because of a kiss, he's not that kind of MC. He genuinely thinks that nothing will come out of it even if he gives a more favorable answer because of his revenge. He did the right thing.
Huex3Mar 4, 2017 8:48 PM
Mar 4, 2017 10:00 PM
Jan 2017
This episode reminded me, once again, that my preferred ships pretty much never happen. Neko :'(

In all honesty, a very, very well made episode. This one and the last together make for an impressive, heavy ending to this arc. Good stuff, even if I didn't expect it out of a rom-com.
Mar 4, 2017 10:17 PM

Feb 2016

It wasn't weak. You have to remember that:

1. Masamune has trust issues.

2. Neko came out of nowhere (what if she's a crazy chick? School Days). She lied about his first meeting with him, Masamune and even Yoshino knows nothing about her.

EDIT: Also, ever since her introduction Makabe has been cautious around her. His feelings won't change just because of a kiss, he's not that kind of MC. He genuinely thinks that nothing will come out of it even if he gives a more favorable answer because of his revenge. He did the right thing.[/quote]

Nice.

I think you're mostly right. I would say that it's strange Masamune didn't confront her earlier and still reacted to her forwardness, but I think that's more indicative of his social awkwardness than him actually warming up to Neko.

Again though, I think Neko really did fall for him, so in the end, I feel bad that she screwed it up for herself by being too forward.

Mar 4, 2017 10:52 PM

Jul 2014
RIP The enjoyable parts of Masamune-kun
2017-2017
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Mar 5, 2017 12:20 AM

Jan 2013
Neko's arc ended nicely I suppose, nothing major changing in the long run.
But the ending sure was surprising
Mar 5, 2017 2:14 AM

Jul 2015
That cliffchanger....

Mar 5, 2017 7:01 AM

May 2016
What is going on here ???? Did he get so fat and shrank in one day ??
Mar 5, 2017 10:41 AM

Oct 2015
Jakubajk said:
What is going on here ???? Did he get so fat and shrank in one day ??

No, it's an imposter.

The writer obviously got rid of the main antagonist too early. No conflict means no way to force Aki or Masaune to make any progress. Thus a need to create a new one in Neko's place. Now instead of being all smarmy and getting his revenge. After training, Masamune will come back home to see an imposter and Aki getting along. He might even see that Aki is in love with his old persona. This will then lead him to eventually give up his revenge and actually peruse her legit. But if that happens, Yoshino will undoubtedly reveal all secrets to Aki. This will create one more conflict before anything gets resolved. (This is all just hypothetical)
Mar 5, 2017 11:56 AM

Jan 2013
This episode was quite sad but i think it gave us something different, a new perspective of things, and who said that this anime was just all about comedy.
I hope that Neko will have a successful surgery and maybe come back to Masamune? who knows ;)
I feel bad for Neko and i am still 50% for Neko and 50% for Aki. She is a very nice & decent girl.
From what i got, Masamune actually rejected her in the past? And Ako loved Masamune when he was a little & fat? So what actually happened???
We are getting closer but i don't know what ending to expect...
And wtf was that end? Is that actually Masamune???
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 5, 2017 3:04 PM
Jul 2016
I need to watch the next episode of something, screw that fake! End him!! Well... I would like Makabe to win the MC if the other one had the same exact name.
"People who don't work hard don't have the right to be envious of the people with talent. People fail because they don't understand the hard work necessary to be successful."
-Yukino Yukinoshitta
Mar 5, 2017 4:59 PM
Jun 2016
Am I the only one who thinks that he is na allucination, not a real person?
Mar 5, 2017 5:15 PM

Jul 2016
Something tells me that the "Masamune" at the end was just Aki's imagination, because there's no way there are two Masamunes. o_O

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Mar 5, 2017 5:33 PM

Oct 2012
InceptionLoop said:
TBH the one thing that bothers me is how the fuck is Aki so dense? It doesn't make any sense that she still doesn't know that Masamune is the one from back then, now even after he told her about Pig's foot. I mean, there isn't any bigger hint than that, but she still thinks that this stupid impostor is fat Masamune.

Read Nisekoi if you want to know embodiment of dense. And this show clearly took (a lot) inspiration from it. I'm even going as far as to say that they made her this dense on purpose, to show how stupid this anime cliche actually is.
Mar 5, 2017 5:57 PM

Apr 2010
That ending, would that be considered "jumping the shark"?
Mar 5, 2017 6:09 PM
Jul 2018
Neko's feelings for him seem anything but superficial. Truly, it makes me sad that he will almost definitely end up with Aki who is mostly intolerable when there are so many better options. That said, she is adorable when she's honest with her feelings.

Kaiiiii said:
Poor neko :(( And that ending? Please tell me its not going to be some bullshit NTR or something.

I doubt he'll be NTR'd, but I hate the obnoxious male love rivals that sometimes appear in romance series. She'll likely discover that he isn't the real Masamune and realise that the protagonist is.

How the hell does she not realise Masamune is Pig's Foot? Surely she would notice that the appearance, the voice (which would be deeper but probably noticeable), and the name matches. He even mentioned the nickname Pig's Foot to her.
Mar 5, 2017 9:41 PM

Apr 2012
I think this was about the point I reached in manga a couple of years ago.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 5, 2017 11:10 PM

Jul 2010
Nice close to the Neko Arc. I felt it was too suddenly melodramatic, considering Neko was quite a comical character up until like, last episode. But it still wasn't bad -- just didn't feel much emotion.

Not even gonna talk about the ending, lol. Dumb shit.
Mar 6, 2017 6:33 AM

Jul 2015
Damn, why they gotta do Neko like that. I always liked her way more than Aki, but oh well. Also, I bet this imposter about flips everything sideways.

This show got a lot more interesting to me in these last two episodes.

Mar 6, 2017 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
That catgirl was a letdown! what a neardeath sick she got and now she was in the midst of experiencing 'love'! what a failure! and more letdown was to pursue her past~epic bad lucked.

So fat version of Masume appeared?! That was a sign of rush! what a huge letdown! this anime is all bringing past's revenge to present.
Mar 6, 2017 1:47 PM
Feb 2017
antonn said:
That ending, would that be considered "jumping the shark"?

More like shoving more things out of the Pig's rear for that kind of situation.
Mar 6, 2017 3:28 PM

Oct 2016
Passi_Dowayst said:
JokerxHisoka said:

ok thats a really dumb ending. then the hole show makes no sense after all but atleast it had 9 good episodes
Mar 6, 2017 4:13 PM
Feb 2017
L-Ryoshi said:
Lol, now "he" appears....
To be honest, I very much preferred Neko's arc to the idiocy of what's to come.

Oh well, I soldiered through the manga, I'll do the same for the anime.

And for all those who're still trying to piece through the mystery, remember this: "Pig's Foot" is already out of the bag.

I think what might be the saddest thing about the two protagonist is that they haven't gotten over what happened to the other.

Regardless how they perceived the event, both were at the time when their emotions were developing and one incident heavily damaged them. While I can't condone their actions, we have to at least understand that they were broken and it would take a miracle to make them whole again.
Mar 7, 2017 10:32 AM
Dec 2011
ZetaZaku said:
JokerxHisoka said:
Yoshino best girl.

I can get past the first spoiler, but the second one you wrote sounds horrible. It's probably the worst twist they could have thought of for that.

Her reasons for doing that were actually acceptable.
Mar 7, 2017 3:32 PM
Feb 2014
Very late post but just watched the episode and

A freaking IMPOSTER??? Ohmygod, I know I'm just going to hate what's coming next. Neko's gone so you had to introduce some rival and BOOM, Chubby, annoying fat imposter kid steps in to the mother-forking rescue...

I don't understand. I honestly find Aki absolutely intolerable, and find the actions of most of the people in this Anime incomprehensible and cringey. And yet, I can't help but want to watch the next episode. This confuses me...

Back to ranting though, because the Imposter twist (which, I right now can't imagine as anything but awful but fine, wtv, let's see in a couple days time what happens next) isn't the only thing that felt shitty after today's episode.

I had the EXACT same thoughts as Masamune running through my head after Aki said she felt sorry for Neko's unrequited love. Seriously, how ignorant and mean can she possibly be??? She rejects guys left, right and centre without a single thought and NOW she cares about unrequited love when it involves someone else? No seriously, Masamune, why waste your time? The woman's just not worth the effort. Neko was mysterious and shit but she's nowhere as awful as Aki.

I'm way too passionate about this. Is that how it works? I'm getting invested in this Anime because of how much it makes me want to rant? Is that a strategy? I wanna cringe and smash my head against diamond hard sledgehammers almost every episode but I don't want to stop, and that's really all that matters so in a way this Anime is doing it's job of keeping me glued? Shut the bloody front door!
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Mar 7, 2017 10:25 PM
Oct 2016
Neko's truth finally revealed and answered my many questions about her.

Wait... who is the guy that came to Aki? I had a feeling its Masamune who gained weight just for her. But, no. I don't think so. I don't think its possible to gain weight that much in like few hours and I don't think he's giving up his perfect body he take care for years.

Could it be...what?
Mar 8, 2017 9:54 AM
Oct 2007
I might be really slow.. Actually I think I am slow but this episode seems to hint strongly that the revenge Masamune is trying to take could be based on a big misunderstanding from the past.. I am slightly losing interest just because of this if that is true

That ending ... I guess we have to wait and see how the entire story unfold. I was expose to some minor spoilers beforehand though..
Mar 8, 2017 8:49 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It was a very tough decision for Masamune. Accept her and give her fake love or sincerely reject her in an honest way. I think he did the right thing, sadly Neko had to take the pain of being rejected.

Masamune's mother xD
That reaction at the end was priceless.

Interesting ending to the episode.

Mar 8, 2017 9:04 PM

Oct 2014
I hope this become a NTR
Mar 9, 2017 11:44 AM
Feb 2016
masamune should have picked neko and should have given up on his revenge ,really feel bad for neko
Mar 9, 2017 11:21 PM

Mar 2009
I just don't understand why this mediocre show is so popular.
Mar 10, 2017 5:17 AM

May 2009
Mormegil said:

Because there was no romantic comedy in recent months and it was like 2 or 3 show that started air this season.
Mar 10, 2017 5:49 AM
Dec 2014
bastek66 said:
Mormegil said:

Because there was no romantic comedy in recent months and it was like 2 or 3 show that started air this season.

Nahh it's because the source material (the manga) is actually good. Try reading it
Mar 10, 2017 6:41 AM

May 2009
Huex3 said:
bastek66 said:

Nahh it's because the source material (the manga) is actually good. Try reading it

I read it since the beginning of the scanlations.
Mar 10, 2017 12:15 PM

Sep 2013
The whole Neko 'heartbreak' moment was utter dumb, that I just can't take it seriously. They had so much interactions (NOT), so much chemistry (NOT), I began to think of myself as heartless as i rolled my eyes watching this serious drama (NOT).

The incoming of impostor 'tonkatsu' spells start of another dumb-assery plot.
Mar 10, 2017 3:52 PM
Mar 2017
I feel bad because the anime is going to end in episode 12 but the manga has a lot more chapters :/
and I'm not sure if this anime can get a 2nd season :(((
Mar 16, 2017 3:43 PM

Apr 2015
Amazing Episode,And That Guy At The End :)
Mar 17, 2017 9:53 AM

Dec 2012
Damn, now I just feel so emotional. And here I was, completely fooling myself into thinking Neko had ulterior motives. She really does have a heart of gold.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

130 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.