Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 21, 2017 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
imbuement said:
AnimeMangaGamer- said:
Wait..if she's 10 years old now then what about 5-10 years later..
OMG this is weird.. No, this is illegal.. I feel like I'm breaking the law.
My imaginations are running wild!!
She's yandere waifu material!!
I mean, just look at these!!

Really <3 the ED..

Wait only ten years and we just get Esdeath, or even more than that?

:o People don't mind it's a man in a girl's body? That salaryman's in there, still. How awkward it must be for him to deal with femininity... How would he be attracted to males? He wouldn't necessarily, I think; he'd remain attracted to females.
Jan 21, 2017 10:17 AM

Feb 2015
Never expected more to the story and it is actually way more better than what i thought. really interesting story especially the conversation between the mc and god/x. and it was kinda funny to watch an actual atheist person talking to a god, making an argument and yet the person is still ain't gonna belive in god. tbh, imo, it's interesting to waatch.
pretty good ed song btw :D

looking foward to the next episode.
Jan 21, 2017 10:57 AM

Mar 2014
MysteriousBanana said:
Atlas77 said:
Is God focused on her or God always is bothered when someone doesn't believe in him?

God was already annoyed by humanity's lack of faith in general, I assume that Tanya just happened to be straw that broke the camel's back and has become God's guinea pig in an experiment to reform unrepentant souls.

Inori-chii said:
Ohh thanks ahaha, I didn't notice that

I have far too much time on my hands, finally figured out what the entire document says:

Name
Tanya Degurechaff
Affiliation
Mage troop
Qualification
Prevent invasion of Regadonia Entente union encountered during exercise
from that achievement a silver wing chapter is awarded
Experience
Admission to Vaterland military academy
Teach a second student in a year after entrance
Objective
Backward work at t?

That was really helpful, thanks again !
Jan 21, 2017 11:45 AM

Sep 2013
Op song is great but visuals are cheap.
ED LN art is a nice touch.

Genius Mad scientist has been converted and DUES VULT is the answer

Jan 21, 2017 11:57 AM
Jul 2015
rikuhod said:
I wonder how this series will end??
I mean is she planning to achieve something like Homunculus from Full metal alchemist?

the plan is live in the rear line of combat, or even better, make a peaceful country that nobody want to mess with, or have no reason to mess with

she have intelligence gathered by a 2013 man, surely its not impossible to convince people to do progressive things, when you also got the guns & gods even helping him to spread faith

and maybe get married for career & stability
[quote=Rehls message=49399765]
imbuement said:
AnimeMangaGamer- said:
Wait..if she's 10 years old now then what about 5-10 years later..
OMG this is weird.. No, this is illegal.. I feel like I'm breaking the law.
My imaginations are running wild!!
She's yandere waifu material!!
I mean, just look at these!!

Really <3 the ED..

Wait only ten years and we just get Esdeath, or even more than that?

marriage for career is not exactly uncommon, especially if she aims for rear echelon
tehheadJan 21, 2017 12:00 PM
Jan 21, 2017 12:36 PM

Aug 2016
Well, God is evil lol. The ED was awesome!! Really nice art.
Jan 21, 2017 12:58 PM

May 2015
Hahaha, Being-X is a dick to Tanya. :DDDD Poor guy/girl.

She thought she will get easy life in capital, but nooo...some rapid-unit. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 21, 2017 1:04 PM

Feb 2015
MysteriousBanana said:
Atlas77 said:
Is God focused on her or God always is bothered when someone doesn't believe in him?

God was already annoyed by humanity's lack of faith in general, I assume that Tanya just happened to be straw that broke the camel's back and has become God's guinea pig in an experiment to reform unrepentant souls.

Inori-chii said:
Ohh thanks ahaha, I didn't notice that

I have far too much time on my hands, finally figured out what the entire document says:

Name
Tanya Degurechaff
Affiliation
Mage troop
Qualification
Prevent invasion of Regadonia Entente union encountered during exercise
from that achievement a silver wing chapter is awarded
Experience
Admission to Vaterland military academy
Teach a second student in a year after entrance
Objective
Backward work at t?

But he really wants him to believe and he is affecting other people decisions, it's like a simple human vs. God. If he wants to kill him he could or he can simple accept that there would be some people that would believe in him and others that wouldn't. It's so unfair for Tanya and another thing is that he doesn't seem like someone wise.
Jan 21, 2017 1:23 PM
Jun 2013
rikuhod said:
I mean is she planning to achieve something like Homunculus from Full metal alchemist?

she's aiming for a high position in her work (being a soldier in this case) so she can take it easy while also being assured to survive the war by being far removed from the action.

Ofc that's not gonna happen :P
Jan 21, 2017 3:06 PM

Jan 2013
I like how when Tanya's blonde hair overlaps with her (his) blue eyes they appear green. I haven't seen that done before in anime.

Good episode, and story so far.
Jan 21, 2017 5:05 PM
Oct 2012
Rehls said:
:o People don't mind it's a man in a girl's body? That salaryman's in there, still. How awkward it must be for him to deal with femininity... How would he be attracted to males? He wouldn't necessarily, I think; he'd remain attracted to females.

I doubt he has any orientation. He is entirely too self-centered to ever attract anyone or even think about it, and I can easily see him not having any sexual drive (something that is becoming far too common in Japan nowadays). Plus he's been in a female body since birth, so while he may have been awkward, the nuns took care of things at first, he had time to get use to the biology.

Not sure if this is covered in future novels, but I can easily see this never entering into his mind. Being such a complete materialist, he would find procreation to be disgusting. That though, in the hands of a superior writer (which this writer could be), could be a fascinating subplot to this series. Thanks for bringing it up!

RediceRyan said:
I like how when Tanya's blonde hair overlaps with her (his) blue eyes they appear green. I haven't seen that done before in anime.

I think I read that the production company left madhouse to make this animation, so you have really good animators pushing their horizons. That is a recipe for interesting results (not necessarily good results, though I like the animation so far, but certainly interesting).
Jan 21, 2017 5:53 PM
Jan 2016
Atlas77 said:
But he really wants him to believe and he is affecting other people decisions, it's like a simple human vs. God. If he wants to kill him he could or he can simple accept that there would be some people that would believe in him and others that wouldn't. It's so unfair for Tanya and another thing is that he doesn't seem like someone wise.

Being X is similar to the Old Testament God, who flooded the world, sent plagues to Egypt, destroyed Babylon, tested Abraham's faith by demanding the sacrifice of his son, demanded entire communities be wiped out if a single person worshiped another god, and a whole pile of other petty, merciless acts to punish anything less than absolute subservience; however he's actually a hell of a lot nicer and wiser because he's actually engaging in this experiment to reform Tanya rather than smiting her soul on the spot and scrubbing the world clean of unbelievers with disasters.
Jan 21, 2017 7:54 PM
Feb 2014
I can see how the reordering of the episodes has screwed up the flow of the story a little. I wonder if Anime-only watchers didn't feel a little confused at the pacing? They seemed to have switched scenes a lot, and even had a time skip in the middle.

Anyways, the way they've structured, some scenes just wouldn't have fit in smoothly so, we don't get to see the parts where Tanya first met and assessed Lieutenant Schwarzkopf, and the moment she first met Visha, Kurst and Harald, her first ever real subordinates, and the impression she had of them.

Despite this, overall, I'm liking the changes the staff have made to the story so far though. Some of the scenes they cut (including the meeting where Lieutenant Colonel Rehruran was protesting that Tanya was a monster. It was much longer and more tedious in the LN. The conclusion was also slightly different in the LN, but not significantly so) were some of the more boring ones.

I also like that they've made Tanya and Being X's relationship more personal. Or rather, that Being X is showing its face more. In the LN, it was only that one time at the train station before Tanya's previous life ended. It feels so much more sinister. And I really like the scenes with Tanya and Being X when they stop time so it works out for me.

I can't speak for the manga readers, but I feel like they've animated some of the scenes far better than anything I could've from reading the LN, and that, to me, is a sign that NUT is doing a good job. Looking forward to next week already.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jan 21, 2017 9:08 PM

Jan 2017
Miss the dog fight scenes.. those were bad ass. While the genre says military and magic.. someone ought to put comedy in there. Her monologue is a bit like Kon from Haruhi and Hachiman. Cracks me up when she thinks she's gonna get a better life. Ironic that she's quoting Murphy's Law coz she's living it. LOL

I like this series. Think I'll start reading the manga soon.
Jan 22, 2017 5:39 AM

Jun 2014
Well, I don't know what to say except that Tayna is a badass and "God" is an asshole.

Also I love how her being a girl isn't used for any ecchi level comedy. Just for frilly dress jokes.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 22, 2017 6:05 AM

Apr 2011
Whoever said God had to be kind? Also, is every episode gonna end with Tanya getting a dress?

beast_regards said:
And was a huge jerk in previous life when he was a man.

How? The only thing we ever saw him do in his previous life was fire a guy who barely did his job correctly and tried to weasel out of getting fired by using his family as an excuse.
Jan 22, 2017 6:59 AM

Jan 2013
yhunata said:
How? The only thing we ever saw him do in his previous life was fire a guy who barely did his job correctly and tried to weasel out of getting fired by using his family as an excuse.

Protagonist overall approach to the matter should be an indicator as he didn't show any interest in justice (or rather truth, fired guy excuse can as well be a complete truth, no indicator on that), he doesn't act he fair boss, he generally acts like abusive person with too much power instead. Which is a sweet irony of the show as God (or being X if you want to call him this way) is also abusive jerk with too much power.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jan 22, 2017 7:07 AM

Apr 2011
beast_regards said:
yhunata said:

Protagonist overall approach to the matter should be an indicator as he didn't show any interest in justice (fired guy excuse can as well be a complete truth, no indicator on that), he doesn't act he fair boss, he generally acts like abusive person with too much power instead. Which is a sweet irony of the show as God (or being X if you want to call him this way) is also abusive jerk with too much power.

No indicator? Skipping work multiple times without permission, refusing to improve despite being ordered to do so repeatedly by his superiors and oh, get this; murdering the guy who fired him in broad daylight with thousands of witnesses. I dunno about you, but if I cared so much about my daughter's tuition and house loans, I would refrain from doing something that would put me in jail for years (or maybe life).

The protagonist isn't a jerk with too much power, he's a guy trying to make the best of his life. The most "jerk" thing he's done is refusing to acknowledge God exists despite God showing himself to the protagonist multiple times and sending those two subordinates to the line of fire for disobeying orders and continuing to attack.
Jan 22, 2017 8:03 AM
Jan 2016
yhunata said:
The protagonist isn't a jerk with too much power, he's a guy trying to make the best of his life. The most "jerk" thing he's done is refusing to acknowledge God exists despite God showing himself to the protagonist multiple times and sending those two subordinates to the line of fire for disobeying orders and continuing to attack.

To be fair, in that sequence he does admit to having a twisted personality and numerous complexes, so he does express a bit of self awareness at being a bit of a jerk.

That being said, I don't think sending those two soldiers off to die in the pillbox was entirely unjustified. Tanya disliked them because they didn't follow orders and were ruled by emotions rather than logic, but given that also describes the guy that murdered her in her past life, it's pretty understandable why she'd want to get rid of them.
Jan 22, 2017 8:11 AM

Jan 2013
yhunata said:
No indicator? Skipping work multiple times without permission, refusing to improve despite being ordered to do so repeatedly by his superiors and oh, get this; murdering the guy who fired him in broad daylight with thousands of witnesses. I dunno about you, but if I cared so much about my daughter's tuition and house loans, I would refrain from doing something that would put me in jail for years (or maybe life).

We don't know anything about the guy that was laid off and what reasons he had. Albeit murdering the protagonist is bad, desperate people tend to actually do things like that as they obviously have nothing to lose at that point. Especially if you have a lot of loans you will never pay off and now they lost the job. And yes, taking so many loans you can't pay them off is sign of very poor "financial literacy", that's right.
We know a plenty about the protagonist of the show and how ruthless he actually is, which is actually a reason why he got the job in the first place, his inner monologues reveal quite a lot of his personality.
In a way though, everyone gets punished though. Unreasonable guy with too much loans gets fired from the job and will be certainly punished for murder, protagonist was punished for being an abusive jerk ... now I want to find out if God himself is exception from the whole karmic cycle.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jan 22, 2017 9:03 AM

Dec 2009
I am never getting tired of Tanya's shitty attitude, it's great. I'd love to know someone as hardcore as her lol.

❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 22, 2017 4:02 PM
Jul 2015
beast_regards said:

Protagonist overall approach to the matter should be an indicator as he didn't show any interest in justice (or rather truth, fired guy excuse can as well be a complete truth, no indicator on that), he doesn't act he fair boss, he generally acts like abusive person with too much power instead.

beast_regards said:

We know a plenty about the protagonist of the show and how ruthless he actually is, which is actually a reason why he got the job in the first place, his inner monologues reveal quite a lot of his personality.

While he is ruthless, he definitly isn't evil let alone abusive.
From his point of view the family father was a unproductive member of the company. Therefore it was his duty to fire them.

Refusal of an order is punishable by death so he was technically right when trying to execute the misbehaving recruit. (The higher up just found this to be overly harsh for a recruit)

Same with the two rebellious subordinates. In his view he even granted them a favour: the death that these reckless volunteers longed for.

He is actually many times considerate of Victoriya and you can explain that due to her being a conscript and therefore involuntarily fighting in the war. Besides just his own opportunism, recommending her for an officer track is him granting her an opportunity for a safe life in the back.
The protagonist is actually extremely law abiding and applying his values consistently.
Jan 23, 2017 2:48 AM
Feb 2009
MysteriousBanana said:
yhunata said:

To be fair, in that sequence he does admit to having a twisted personality and numerous complexes, so he does express a bit of self awareness at being a bit of a jerk.

That being said, I don't think sending those two soldiers off to die in the pillbox was entirely unjustified. Tanya disliked them because they didn't follow orders and were ruled by emotions rather than logic, but given that also describes the guy that murdered her in her past life, it's pretty understandable why she'd want to get rid of them.

I think sending them to the pill box was just dumb. You don't waste mages like that, just send them on a suicide mission.

I think this shows that Tanya is really stuck on following rules but ep3 shows that allthough she follows the rules, she tries to scheme into an easy life.
He/she just seems weird. Follows the rules by the letter but not in spirit. I just can't place the thinking. Even in Japan, I don't think being that stickler for the rules isn't normal anymore (when he actually only cares for the rules as they set a framework where he knows what to do to move up).
Jan 23, 2017 3:29 AM

Apr 2013
Bozzzz said:
MysteriousBanana said:

I think sending them to the pill box was just dumb. You don't waste mages like that, just send them on a suicide mission.

I think this shows that Tanya is really stuck on following rules but ep3 shows that allthough she follows the rules, she tries to scheme into an easy life.
He/she just seems weird. Follows the rules by the letter but not in spirit. I just can't place the thinking. Even in Japan, I don't think being that stickler for the rules isn't normal anymore (when he actually only cares for the rules as they set a framework where he knows what to do to move up).

They weren't wasted. That pillbox was one of those that covered the retreat of the main army (that's why it was hit by an artillery shell. It was at the rear, but since as they said the frontline was moving backward, what doesn't move and is at the rear becomes the at the front sooner or later) and posting two mages here was useful since their firepower is quite bigger than normal soldier.
There they couldn't endanger anyone by disobeying orders, two soldiers who are fine with obeying orders and got replaced by them were saved, they got the "win or die" condition they wanted since in that case obviously manned pillpox will retreat last and defend to the end to protect their allies.
Jan 23, 2017 6:40 AM

Aug 2013
So Tanya is forced into prayer whenever she uses her jewel, I was wondering what all that was about and I'm glad this episode explained it.

God's a manipulative bastard, I like it.
Jan 23, 2017 7:41 AM

Oct 2016
Like this show but i can't stand mc's voice
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2017 8:15 AM
Jul 2014
Ginpa-sensei said:
Like this show but i can't stand mc's voice
what's wrong with the voice? it's pretty good for me, in fact i really like it, it's suited the MC who is only a 10 years old girl(right now).
Jan 23, 2017 11:07 AM

Apr 2016
Smudy said:
God is fucking hard with Tanja right here. Literally forcing her to believe.

I like the ED.
that sound so wrong
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Jan 23, 2017 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
Still cracks me up after 3 episodes! Grown man turns to baby girl, then dress up like a princess, then Being X prevents loli-ossan good life plans! Sucks to be him, HOLY SHIT GIRL! Forcing an atheist to a believer, already liking the series! ED art is my type <3!!
Pyon2WarpKunJan 23, 2017 12:03 PM
Jan 23, 2017 1:05 PM

Apr 2015
Another Amazing Episode
The Opening And Ending Is Amazing Too :)
Jan 23, 2017 3:09 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Even though the 3rd episode was somewhat filler, it was still really interesting. The interaction between Tanya and the doctor was absolutely hilarious, and the way a 10 year old girls keeps taking like a mature adult just makes it even funnier. And while the God can be annoying, it's also making it interesting. Only character I don't care for that much is the Lt Col. Still, will see where this goes, and even with the filler, this is still easily the best of the season for me so far.
Jan 23, 2017 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
Just caught up to Youjo Senki (considering I was waiting until I may have dropped one of the stuff I had on my watching), and I have to say with this, it really passed for me. Decent animation, strong directing, and the info dumping doesn't feel like its spoon feeding either in my honest opinion. It gives a decent chunk of info and focus, while giving action as well, its pretty well executed in my honest opinion.

Tanya is a fucking bitch but that's why she's pretty great in a sense, she's shit and just sadistic, but that's what really makes it for me and learning about the backstory and as to why she/he ended up being reincarnated, it makes sense at least for me. Maybe that would sound pretentious but because of the setting it makes a lot of sense, and it fits more naturally, somehow even realistic in a way at least for my eyes.

Also a question, but @Zefyris how is it so far at least adaptation wise? Considering for me this didn't actually felt rushed at all for 3 episodes, but I'm questioning at least how faithful the anime is with the source at least maybe how it was done?
Jan 23, 2017 9:46 PM
Oct 2012
Symphyon said:
s how is it so far at least adaptation wise? Considering for me this didn't actually felt rushed at all for 3 episodes, but I'm questioning at least how faithful the anime is with the source at least maybe how it was done?

Overall it is pretty accurate. They had to cut a lot, and they added some stuff (in the first novel Tanya does not send the two officers to the rear to kill them, she sends them back there because she understands their extreme patriotism is dangerous), but to give the adaptation credit their additions are logical extensions of the novel: the novel highlights that in a fluid battle situation being mobile is safer than being assigned to a fixed location, so her sending people to such a position was her equivalent to sentencing them to death.

Right now I have to give the adaptation writer an A++++ rating. This was not an easy work to translate, but the person(s) is doing a great job at doing it.

That said, if I had read the original before watching the animation, I may have been more disappointed, but being a video first person who THEN read the novel, I have to give kudos to the translator.
Jan 23, 2017 10:24 PM

Jul 2016
A really good episode, being X surely cornered Tanya, kinda makes sense now to me why she prayed before firing to charged up her jewel on the first episode. The ED was good suits well with its visuals which is based on the LN art.
Jan 23, 2017 11:18 PM
Jan 2016
Bozzzz said:

Technically she didn't send them to the pillbox, she suggested the reassignment to her superiors and they were the ones who agreed with her. If mages were a rare resource, the suggestion would have been rejected and those two would have either stayed in Tanya's flight or been reassigned to another flight to keep them on the front lines; but the fact they weren't suggests mages aren't particularly rare or valued much higher than any other soldier of equal rank.

Also you have to keep in mind that Tanya wants to keep an impeccable record. At the end of the first episode she decided to engage the enemy company by herself because losing the rookies assigned to her would've hurt her chances of promotion; so she couldn't possibly send Harald and Kurst on a suicide mission, since having subordinates die under her command is exactly what she wants to avoid.

And to be fair, proto-Tanya admits to having a twisted personality and tons of complexes, he rabidly sticks to the rules because he's abnormal, so you're not wrong... but it's also rather the point of Tanya's personality and what makes her stand out amongst typical main characters.
Jan 24, 2017 3:33 AM

Apr 2013
Symphyon said:

Also a question, but @Zefyris how is it so far at least adaptation wise? Considering for me this didn't actually felt rushed at all for 3 episodes, but I'm questioning at least how faithful the anime is with the source at least maybe how it was done?

A bit more than halfway through the first volume IIRC? So 2 or 3 episodes remaining to finish it.
It's skipping a tons of things, but that's things that had to be skipped in an anime anyway. YS anime isn't about being faithful to the source material anyway, it's all about keeping it entertaining in a visual format even if it means removing content.
The strengths of the anime and LN are completely different here.
Jan 24, 2017 9:21 AM

Dec 2009
From what I've gathered in those 3 episodes, I can tell one thing: God(Being X) is an asshole. Other than that, I don't think Tanya will have break any time soon.
Jan 24, 2017 11:14 AM

Dec 2016
Love love love the opening. Pumps me up while running on the treadmill.

That kamisama is one twisted SOB.

Didn't think I would like this show as much as I do.

I have a sweet spot for anti-heroes. In the beginning I thought that Tanya would just irritate me to no end, but I like how they are explaining and developing her character. Now I'm routing for her to kick everyone's ass!

This show is seriously becoming quite the guilty pleasure for me :) mwaahahahahaha.
Jan 24, 2017 11:34 AM
Feb 2009
MysteriousBanana said:
Bozzzz said:

Technically she didn't send them to the pillbox, she suggested the reassignment to her superiors and they were the ones who agreed with her. If mages were a rare resource, the suggestion would have been rejected and those two would have either stayed in Tanya's flight or been reassigned to another flight to keep them on the front lines; but the fact they weren't suggests mages aren't particularly rare or valued much higher than any other soldier of equal rank.

Also you have to keep in mind that Tanya wants to keep an impeccable record. At the end of the first episode she decided to engage the enemy company by herself because losing the rookies assigned to her would've hurt her chances of promotion; so she couldn't possibly send Harald and Kurst on a suicide mission, since having subordinates die under her command is exactly what she wants to avoid.

And to be fair, proto-Tanya admits to having a twisted personality and tons of complexes, he rabidly sticks to the rules because he's abnormal, so you're not wrong... but it's also rather the point of Tanya's personality and what makes her stand out amongst typical main characters.

I don't know. I didn't get the impression that mages were expendable. Sending them to a pillbox seems a waste.

But what you said about his/her personality makes sense.
Jan 24, 2017 1:03 PM

Sep 2015
pretty good. enjoyed this episode a lot. The troll of 'being X'
The whole testing scene was brilliant. And that final 'quick response' unit thing. Deus lo vult is everywhere.
And the ending theme is pretty good. i like it.
Jan 24, 2017 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
Takuan_Soho said:
Symphyon said:
s how is it so far at least adaptation wise? Considering for me this didn't actually felt rushed at all for 3 episodes, but I'm questioning at least how faithful the anime is with the source at least maybe how it was done?

Overall it is pretty accurate. They had to cut a lot, and they added some stuff (in the first novel Tanya does not send the two officers to the rear to kill them, she sends them back there because she understands their extreme patriotism is dangerous), but to give the adaptation credit their additions are logical extensions of the novel: the novel highlights that in a fluid battle situation being mobile is safer than being assigned to a fixed location, so her sending people to such a position was her equivalent to sentencing them to death.

Right now I have to give the adaptation writer an A++++ rating. This was not an easy work to translate, but the person(s) is doing a great job at doing it.

That said, if I had read the original before watching the animation, I may have been more disappointed, but being a video first person who THEN read the novel, I have to give kudos to the translator.
Zefyris said:
Symphyon said:

A bit more than halfway through the first volume IIRC? So 2 or 3 episodes remaining to finish it.
It's skipping a tons of things, but that's things that had to be skipped in an anime anyway. YS anime isn't about being faithful to the source material anyway, it's all about keeping it entertaining in a visual format even if it means removing content.
The strengths of the anime and LN are completely different here.

Hmm I see I see then (I had to put these together because I feel lazy for now), well I can understand why they had to at the very least do this or... well at least they're staying at least close to how the source feels? Not really sure. But it didn't felt rushed to me and it felt also natural in my opinion with the pacing, so that's probably a good sign.

But its pretty entertaining, at least for my eyes it knows how to maintain balance between information and the action, which is pretty damn nice, heck the presentation is pretty good as well. Animation is decent but I think the biggest strength is the directing which feels very good imo.
Jan 24, 2017 8:55 PM

Jan 2011
I must say between n the last ep and this one I feel dare I say internist. The art is interesting, refreshing to say the least and the choreography was entertaining. Not bad at all.
Jan 24, 2017 10:13 PM

Dec 2014
Why is god being such a bitch
Jan 24, 2017 10:46 PM

Mar 2008
Seriously this anime keeps on getting better and better. I am really enjoying it and Tanya is surely becoming one of my all time favorite anime characters. And that says alot considering that there wasnt any character that I have liked this much for years.
Jan 24, 2017 10:53 PM
May 2011
three episodes and I'm really.. not sold at all, but I'll probably keep watching if only for something to watch.

I'm just.. not feeling the little kid character. Wouldn't matter if MC was a little boy, would still not like it. Even if MC was a teenager it'd be a little bit better, but the whole "ten years old thing" just clashes so awfully with the grim dark pseudo world war setting..
Jan 25, 2017 8:28 AM

Feb 2008
In a world where a God like that exists, who needs a Devil?

I can completely understand why the higher being has taken such an uncanny interest in Salary Man/Tanya. She (or he?) doesn't even realise God isn't done yet...

The crazy scientist is acutely amusing.
Jan 25, 2017 9:45 AM
Jul 2015
rikuhod said:

empire lost, our salaryman soul gone into the void, tanya body lives with the memory, wondering why she did what she did, visha now take care tanya, and then the story ends with "deus lo vult" article as a newspaper journalist write story about truth of world war

Shradow115 said:
So Tanya is forced into prayer whenever she uses her jewel, I was wondering what all that was about and I'm glad this episode explained it.

God's a manipulative bastard, I like it.

it gets worse, if you think being X is evil now, just wait for more character monologue in episode 5 or 6
tehheadJan 25, 2017 9:55 AM
Jan 26, 2017 7:25 AM
Mar 2012
Tanya aphorisms, va & faces were great. The mad scientist & exploding fails were hilarious.
OP mythroid love the style. ED art gorgeous, brings out the yandere.
Tanya nice enough to give Visha the easy life.
that deus vult forced faith
Jan 26, 2017 1:05 PM

Nov 2015
Tanya Degurechaff is Camus' Absurd Hero. She is the ideal that every man must try to become.
Jan 26, 2017 3:22 PM

Oct 2016
Mediocre OP and ED. As for the episode, it was definitely the most comprehensible one so far and the messes with that jewel suit were fun to watch.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

209 by lazypanda666 »»
Yesterday, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.