Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 19, 2016 12:21 AM

Sep 2013
Wow, now I just want the final episode to see the butt expression on Tendou's face when he loses. Fucking jerk. He should get off of his high horse.
Nov 19, 2016 12:30 AM

Nov 2016
Suga finally got some spotlight yussss
I wonder how he'll respond after being blocked like that
Nov 19, 2016 3:40 AM
Apr 2016
eien_kiseki said:
I just want to bash something because this match still isn't over yet.

Once again Haikyuu includes a totally random back story of a guy we most likely won't see again in the future because he is graduating. I adore the relevancy of these 'character' developments.

Rather than typical shounen's friendship power-up, Haikyuu introduced memory power-up. Greeeeat!

Taka e chill pill :D you said it yourself "a guy we most likely won't see again" so you're not sure if it's gonna happen but you still wanted to bash it. That makes sense.
Nov 19, 2016 8:10 AM

Feb 2016
I don't really get why some people hated the backstories. We never got to know Tendo and Ushiwaka before, so their backstories are necessary now that they're in the spotlight (especially Ushiwaka who I felt was too weak as a character). The timing and placing of their backstories, that I can understand, but seriously, they are needed right now.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Nov 19, 2016 8:31 AM

Aug 2016
10/10 would see Oikawa with glasses again.

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Nov 19, 2016 9:23 AM

Jul 2016
The game is just going to be even harder, without a great blocker. Need those duo combi back to the field and beat them all, but I don't know how they could beat them...
Nov 19, 2016 9:51 AM

Mar 2013
Insane episode. Loved it.

I was waiting for the backstory part on Ushikawa and Tendo.

And Tendo, man, I just can't get enough of this guy. Seriously XD

And yeah I ship Suga x Shimizu. So, loved it when Shimizu holds his hands and Suga talk about marriage lol
Nov 19, 2016 1:34 PM
Jan 2016
Ryuugamono said:
I don't really get why some people hated the backstories. We never got to know Tendo and Ushiwaka before, so their backstories are necessary now that they're in the spotlight (especially Ushiwaka who I felt was too weak as a character). The timing and placing of their backstories, that I can understand, but seriously, they are needed right now.

I agree, and I don't think there is anything wrong with the timing, either. If you give it some thought, pretty much all the turning points (in this set, and in Haikyuu matches in general) make much more sense when you see where the character's determination is coming from, like what just happened in Tendou's case: Without the flashback it wouldn't would've just been like 'oh, now he can block that attack, well that's nice', but, at least in my opinion, seeing the source of his determination makes everything more logical - not to mention that it creates dramatic tension, which I think makes the story all the more interesting and definitely not boring.
Nov 19, 2016 1:57 PM

Aug 2013
This episode made me almost want Shiratorizawa to win
Nov 19, 2016 3:24 PM

Jun 2013
well that was intense
Nov 19, 2016 5:09 PM

Dec 2011
Favorite moments of the episode: Kiyoko touching Suga's hands and proposing. Ushijima saying that he is fired up (with his teammates being proud)... and of course Tsukki's feeling regret of being out of the game. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2016 7:57 PM
Feb 2016
I cry almost every episode :"| It's just so moving. Their spirit truly moves me :">
Tsuki-san will be okay :((
Nov 19, 2016 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
I'm rooting for SugaxKyouko
it's not Guess Monster, it's Guess Youkai...
My poor Tsukki hurts his pinky noooo, we're waiting for you Tsukki!! Come back soon :')

Nov 19, 2016 9:23 PM

Jan 2013
Flashbacks within flashbacks.
Good episode still.
Nov 19, 2016 9:43 PM

Jul 2015
It's an OK episode. Tsukki will be back for sure, u can see, he is the key player here
4/5
Nov 20, 2016 12:27 AM
Oct 2007
Another intense episode this week. Love it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2016 9:31 AM

Mar 2014
TSUKKI NOOO
He looks like he just came lol

so blessed. so beautiful.
2perf5me
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 20, 2016 1:25 PM

Jun 2008
SUGA DID A SPIKE :DDDD
Tsukki noooo D:
Nov 20, 2016 3:41 PM
Sep 2009
Can't say it was hard to predict who would spike in the last attempt. Trick like this works only once, should have given a ball to someone else this time around.
Nov 20, 2016 11:10 PM

Jul 2013
Oh no now that Tsukki is gone I'm a little worried for Karasuno. But I have faith they'll persevere and take the win! And Suga finally got some time to shine so yay!

Also that Tendo guy is messed up wow...
Nov 20, 2016 11:11 PM

Aug 2009
Oh no Tsukki :(
Wonderful episode as always. I stay on edge. I can't get enough.

Nov 20, 2016 11:14 PM

Jan 2014
I KNEW SOMEONE WAS BOUND TO GET INJURED!

I hope Tsukki makes it back in time though.

At least to see them win if he can't make it back into the game.
Nov 21, 2016 8:04 AM
Aug 2014
tsuki has been the highlight of this season !!! Bring it bring it bring it!!!
Nov 22, 2016 4:41 AM

Oct 2011
oh my god! poor Tsukki!
I feel bad for him, but was so great to see his expression after being put out of the game... show how he got to love volleyball, and care about it...

Suga's spike also was great...

ps: I don't even know the name of the guy who entered in Tsukki's place ^^'
poor figurant ^^'
Nov 22, 2016 8:46 AM

May 2010
Man Tendo makes really creepy rape faces :v Karasuno guys should kick his ass soon.

On the other hand, I love Ushijima so much! I'd prefer to have him for one of main characters tbh, I adore his smooth, silent attitude <3
Nov 22, 2016 7:29 PM

Oct 2011
Suga!!!!
Tsuki nooo😭😭😭😭
Suga nooo
Damn you Tendou
Nov 23, 2016 4:52 PM
Apr 2016
childofnike said:
Ryuugamono said:

I agree, and I don't think there is anything wrong with the timing, either. If you give it some thought, pretty much all the turning points (in this set, and in Haikyuu matches in general) make much more sense when you see where the character's determination is coming from, like what just happened in Tendou's case: Without the flashback it wouldn't would've just been like 'oh, now he can block that attack, well that's nice', but, at least in my opinion, seeing the source of his determination makes everything more logical - not to mention that it creates dramatic tension, which I think makes the story all the more interesting and definitely not boring.

Agreed. People were whining that we didn't get to know anything about Shiratorizawa's players before the match and now that they're getting introduced more and more they're still mad about it. Talk about different needs though, it's hard to please everyone.
Nov 23, 2016 10:42 PM

Mar 2009
GangsterCat said:
tanaka sister still best girl

She sure is. I wish she had a bigger role.
Nov 24, 2016 1:08 AM

Sep 2016
Mormegil said:
GangsterCat said:
tanaka sister still best girl

She sure is. I wish she had a bigger role.
she has bigger boobs for sure
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 24, 2016 11:44 AM

Oct 2016
Another intense episode.

Please be well Tsukki! He's showing different emotions. I'm loving it.

And Koushi freaking out when Kiyoko hold his hands in between hers. Hahahaha!!! That scene was epic with Daichi and Asahi murderous look. It would have been more crazy if you add Yuu and Tanaka in that. Hahaha!!! Total freak out. I'm surprised they didn't.

Kei doing his best. Ah how lovely.

Someone needs to stop Ushikawa and that red-haired freak (reminds me of Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter).

This is how I feel every time I watch an episode of Haikyuu!! but I'm still loving it. I'm so addicted to this.
Nov 24, 2016 2:16 PM

Nov 2016
xiashenghan said:
Another intense episode.

Please be well Tsukki! He's showing different emotions. I'm loving it.

And Koushi freaking out when Kiyoko hold his hands in between hers. Hahahaha!!! That scene was epic with Daichi and Asahi murderous look. It would have been more crazy if you add Yuu and Tanaka in that. Hahaha!!! Total freak out. I'm surprised they didn't.

Kei doing his best. Ah how lovely.

Someone needs to stop Ushikawa and that red-haired freak (reminds me of Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter).

This is how I feel every time I watch an episode of Haikyuu!! but I'm still loving it. I'm so addicted to this.

the old man with the cap is not feeling it lol
Nov 25, 2016 6:21 PM

May 2016
I really though that Tsukki do not have any emotion but holy crap.
Satori is really creepy :D
Nov 26, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2016
Satori might be a creep but he's such an entertaining character I can't help myself but laugh to his reactions.
Dec 10, 2016 1:17 AM

Jul 2014
Tendou's face!!! So effin' creepy. lol
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 10, 2016 7:45 AM

Apr 2016
I remember Ushiwaka's flashback, but I cant remember Tendou's flashback from the manga, maybe it is anime only.

Tendou faces are getting creepier every episode.

Kiyoko holding Suga's hands, and the following reactions XD
It's good to see Suga on the field, I agree with Oikawa's nickname for him. :)
Jan 1, 2017 12:18 AM

Mar 2015
Ah man Tsukki's out!! Hope he'll be back in time to make an impact though
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 24, 2017 4:50 AM

Mar 2016
WHEN IS KARASUNO GOING TO ENTER "ZONE"????

This episode was so much fun. Im glad we got to see the history behind Ushijima. I like him more now. Same for Tendo. The backstory changed these guys from generic opponents to real people with real experiences. Made the match come to life.

Sugaware should've expected that spike to be shut down, nigga flat out yelled "RIGHTO".
Shout out to Nishinoya for being MVP.
Feb 11, 2017 12:06 PM

Dec 2016
Tsukki getting injured blows the biggest of elephant dicks
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 27, 2017 9:23 PM

Feb 2015
Tsukiiiiiii, noooo. I remember reading this but I forgot what happened.
Mar 28, 2017 4:24 AM

Aug 2016
That guy really pisses me off

Poor Tsukki ;~;

Set by SenpieX
Apr 22, 2017 6:21 PM
Jun 2016
Omg... Tendou Satori is amazing... plus the flashback, it makes a good effect for Shiratorizawa team.... I'm so hyped for the next episode
May 5, 2017 8:27 AM

Apr 2015
Poor Tsukki ;-; I hope they'll do well even without him.

Liked Ushijima's back story. I didn't care that much about Tendo though.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 21, 2017 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
Aww, poor Tsukki-chan. :c
Tendou is creepy and scary as hell.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 23, 2017 3:11 AM

Aug 2008
Oh..yay... red haired twats back story >>>skipped. Shit, even Hishigawa's back story was ignored *yawn*

Suga spiking was awesome.
Jun 12, 2017 3:07 PM

Feb 2015
i know many people find him creepy and annoying but i love tendou. he's so interesting. and he's basically a confirmed hisoka 2.0 from his sadism at the end.
Jul 13, 2017 3:27 PM
Mar 2015
Probably one of the better episodes in the whole season. Just focus on one match can be extremely tedious to watch sometimes.
Aug 16, 2017 7:05 PM

May 2014
What Haikyuu is doing with Tsukki is character development done right, in fact I'd go as far as to say that he gets the best development in the entire series since it's something that's been creeping up ever since he got introduced.
I never, ever thought I'd see him make a face like that.

I hope he hasn't broken his finger though, damn that looked pretty bad :/

Suga actually being on the court was great too. He even spiked!! *o*
Also adored the scene between him and Kyoko- he's like the mother hen crow of Karasuno, so seeing him act like a normal teenage boy is actually hilarious.

Ushijima's backstory was pretty interesting I still don't like him but was blown out of the water by Tendou's imo. I did like the overall message though that if you're in the right place with the right people to guide you, even your weaknesses can become your strengths.
Shiratorizawa seem like a team made of what could be considered outcasts- Ushijima being a lefty and Tendou being unreliable and to put it frankly- a bit of a creeper- but because their team is all about individual strength, they shine because of it.

It's the complete opposite of Hinata and Kageyama who shine best as a duo. Ofc, who's to say which one is truly better? Probably the latter since there's only so far one or two people can push a team. A team sport means that everyone has to pull their weight, and I don't think everyone on Shiratorizawa does that. Like, what would happen if Ushijima ever got badly injured?

Anyway, Hisoka's Tendou's face was pretty chilling at the end there, thought he was gonna schwing lmao
Oct 17, 2017 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
Damn Tsukki, feel super bad for him since he really REALLY wanted to help them win the final set with as much help as he could give.
I'm liking the backstories on the 2 rivals though, we never really got to know anyone of the Shiratorizawa's team so that's definitely a plus!
Nov 22, 2017 7:37 PM

May 2013
TSUUUUUKKIIIIIIIIIIIII TT________TT I HOPE YOU GET TO COME BACK SOON /SOBS. MISS YOU ALREADY. DON'T BE FRUSTRATED <33333333

;A;

Lol Suga got some suga from Shimizu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) lucky bastard ;)

Geezus. Crazy red makes the ugliest faces ever, I swurr lololololollllll. Dat ending xD
Feb 4, 2018 9:13 AM

Nov 2017
Noooooo! Tsukishima was just getting so good and so reliable! It sucks so bad that he's out now... I hope he gets to return soon! D: I really hope Karasuno is going to manage without him for now. Who even is that guy that's replacing him? I don't think I've even heard his name before. It's gotta be hard for him too, not having been in any matches so far at all, and then being put in at a crucial time like this...

Seriously though, I'm starting to like Tendou more and more. I'm still praying for Karasuno to turn this around, but Tendou is so funny and he's such a cool character. :D
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

290 by Lscala »»
May 14, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

127 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2016

202 by Koalovisk »»
Feb 18, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2016

249 by vit »»
Feb 15, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2016

135 by SHS13 »»
Feb 5, 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.