Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 9, 2016 2:46 PM

Oct 2012
Oh yes, next ep is
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Sep 9, 2016 9:36 PM

Oct 2008
As expected Souma only got to 2nd place!
it always not a good thing if MC always being on top of everyone.
so next ep would be next arc?
5/5!

Sep 10, 2016 7:35 AM

Sep 2015
Watched this last week but forgot to post. Kinda pissed that Soma ended up being in second place. At least he beat Ryo. The Election arc was great. Lots of good food battles and food gasams. Good character development and loved the backstories we were given. It was nice to see the here hanging out and learning from each other after the tournament was over.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 10, 2016 10:22 PM

Jun 2013
Thank fucking god Souma lost for once. He's only a semi-Marty Stu now. I'm sure he's going to win every single fucking match from here on out with a stupid smile of confidence on his face. People are shocked that Souma won, why even watch if you know he's going to win every single cook-off?

Also, Hayama Akira is my favorite. He's probably a better chef than Souma. Souma's just the MC but a lot of his dishes are underwhelming. I don't understand why people are pissed, Hayama deserved his win. I actually like Souma but I hate the fact that he's such a Marty Stu. He's really skilled and of course, his father is legendary but even Mao from Chūka Ichiban! lost a couple of times. Fucking Christ, even Goku and Sailor Moon have lost several times, they didn't always win their battles. It makes watching each episode a chore if you know who's going to eventually win by default.
臭い-
Sep 10, 2016 11:07 PM
Apr 2016
i'm really exacting on the result and it was cool..
Sep 11, 2016 4:43 AM

May 2010
"Kocchi Desu yo~" I love Leonora.

Really, Souma is amazing. He might not have won, but once he does, he will probably create a revolution. Or at least become a huge source of inspiration for the "ordinary" people. I personally don't believe in the term "talentless" tho oh well.

I think I'm satisfied with Akira winning. His cooking really had the most individuality.

Ryou x Alice compliment each other haha. Alice is like "I'm not taking any of your frustration. go cool your head" haha.

That was a great conclusion. Souma is keeping his cool as always, and always aiming for the top.
TragicRomanceSep 11, 2016 4:49 AM
Sep 12, 2016 11:32 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I really wanted Hayama to win but didn't expect Hayama to win (until I saw that slightly misplaced flashback), so I kinda spewed my invisible swig of tea onto the screen when they announced him as the winner. Hayama's too cute too. Help. My baby win da game.

But I'm laughing at how Ryo and Soma seem like they're going to seriously be pestering Hayama from this point on, but I also feel like Hayama's character has loosened up a little more. It's nice to watch. And Ryo just seems super salty and not as calm as he used to be, which is okay. Too much salt can ruin a dish though lolol.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 14, 2016 6:08 PM

Jul 2009
Mm, good episode! So we see Souma's final addition ... soy milk! :O Kinda interesting. I liked how he didn't win too, kind of expected it to be Akira after that random flashback ... lol. It was nice to see how Jun encouraged him and really took him in though :3 THAT HUG!!! OMG it was so cute! Oops I guess I accidentally ship them now? :P Plus Alice getting mad Ryou lost was cute too XD Interesting what Doujima said about him and his talent ... lol. As always, Souma's dad is as funny as ever ... not too subtle what he said about experiencing dishes with others, as Erina drove by alone :P Anyway I think it's pretty cool that the trio started working together after lol, and that part about the chef's dish only being able to be made by one person ... hmm, that's a good way of putting it! Looks like everyone's working hard to improve. Looks like we'll start a new arc next episode :O I guess it'll have to be pretty short since there are only 3 episodes left ... lol :P
Sep 17, 2016 3:41 PM

Aug 2014
What a horrible timed flashback xD
Sep 18, 2016 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
It's somehow amusing that Akira shares the same seiyuu as Archer from Fate/stay night. I knew I always got those Archer vibes every time Akira was battling Souma. The animators should've at least made one Fate reference on one of the end cards. They could've had Akira dressed up as Archer, Souma dressed up as Shirou, and Ryou dressed up as Gilgamesh.

"I am the bone of my spices
Salt is my body and pepper is my blood
I have created over a thousand spices
Unknown to Desserts, Nor known to Beverages
Have withstood pain to create many spices
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, unlimited spice works."

Anyways, I believe that Archer, I mean Akira deserved to win. But that flashback should've been shown on the previous episode or better yet last season where Akira and Jun were introduced. They did show it briefly but not in depth.

Jun is best okaasan.
Sep 25, 2016 6:05 PM

May 2012
Oh boy he actually lost for once! That sure was pretty interesting, quite liked that change for once actually. Looking forward to see what the last three episodes have to offer though, let's see what's next.
Oct 1, 2016 3:48 PM

Dec 2015
Damn, I thought that Yukihira would not win but I still hoped, it's okay though, next time he will!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 14, 2016 1:26 AM
Jan 2011
I thought Souma's unique style was being able to cook dishes that reminds people of eating home cooking... His rice dish seemed really original and unique imo. But what do I know, obviously the manga creator has something else in mind for what his originality will be. Hayama winning really doesn't sit right with me considering his supernatural sense of smell makes everything easier for him and he just creates food that emphasis on his ability. Basically the anime just awarded a genius for being a genius. This sure passes on a good message to the viewing audience... something like 'You can only win if you're a genius'.
Oct 16, 2016 8:02 AM
May 2012
Akira deserved it. And I like how the flashback was played before the reveal.
Oct 16, 2016 8:29 AM

Apr 2016
Yees, Hayama wins :).

Surprising and cool for me that the MC hasn't won. After the story with Soma's father, I would have thought.

Otherwise funny episode
Oct 21, 2016 10:41 PM

May 2015
ehh kinda expected it there. everyone doubting soma = soma's win. if people start actually believing he'll win then he'll probably lose lmao. and when they started showing hayama's past it became obvious that he won.

alright episode
Nov 12, 2016 10:22 PM
Nov 2016
I wonder why people were so surprised when Hayama hugged Jun. I mean it's just normal for anyone to hug the people closest to them and Jun is like Hayama's adoptive mother.
Nov 28, 2016 9:04 PM

Mar 2015
Aw no Soma lost! :(
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 13, 2016 6:59 PM

Feb 2016
This episode was amazing. It didn't pull a "MC won because he's the MC" out its ass. I was actually shocked that Hayama won. All 3 of them did amazing and I wish I could try their cooking.

And I did want Souma to win. He worked so hard.
Dec 14, 2016 3:39 AM

Jul 2014
Awww... well of course I wanted Souma to win but I'm glad Hayama won instead. It bodes well for Souma to learn something from the experience for the future after all.

Also, I'm glad Hayama won over Ryou.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 13, 2017 5:38 AM

May 2013
Aww maannnn :( Hayama won. Oh well. I kinda figured when Dojima said it had to express something only the chef can do-- out of the three, Hayama's fragrances were the most unique and no one has a nose like he does.

Souma-kun's soy milk porridge was also not as unique as his past dishes he's made so I didn't think it was that up to par on what he can really do. It also doesn't make sense for him to always land out on top when he's straight outta Yukihira Diner going against many many other professional cooks with different backgrounds and customs. Looking forward to seeing his further growth :D he has much to learn, but he can do it <3
Apr 11, 2017 10:04 PM

May 2015
Wow, the MC didn’t win... Kudos to the creators of this Manga/Anime.

Akira winning in retrospective did make sense if we all remembered Souma's dad tips in season 1 when he said: "The trick of becoming a god Chef… finding a woman you want to cook for the rest of your life.” and it was clear to me he wanted to cook for Jun recognition as his pupil... scratch that by that hug and previous interaction it is clear that he is in love with Jun so he was cooking for her sake and his love for her... simple as that. Ryou has a girl but I think he was fighting against a person who demonstrated her love to his counterpart a little more, Ryou is not there yet...

Souma don’t have a girl so it was out of the question (in terms of the theme of this show is trying to portray) maybe in the future he is going to cook for the sake of one of these girls (Erina, Megumi or Ikumi) and then he may be the top dog around... that doesn’t mean he won’t get better.

In the end I’m really glad Ryo, Hayama and Soma got along really well after the battle.
Apr 17, 2017 7:44 PM

Jul 2013
I'm a little bit sad, but when they showed something about the past of Akira I knew he won. I mean he's an excelent cook and created the most unique dish of all participants.

That's definitely something what Souma can accept and grow with. And as we can see Souma became some sort of friends with Akira and Ryou which is really cool. :)

Learn about your weakness and become better as ever before. That's something not many people will do. Admit weakness. Soumas father seem to be happy that someone in Soumas age could beat Souma. The phone call was pretty funny. So these were the elections, I can't believe it's over. And now there are 3 episodes left. I wonder what we will see now.

Interesting to hear about stagiaire. So the students have to prove semself in practice. First time i've ever heard about this word. Let's see how this will go for Souma and the others :)

May 28, 2017 5:09 AM

Dec 2012
I liked the little bit of foreshadowing them becoming a power trio, hopefully there will be a third season!

I was a little surprised Souma lost, being that he's won every seemingly impossible battle thus far. Seems like the last person to bring their food to the judges always wins.

Definitely glad Hayama won though, feels right. Love his character so much.
I totally ship Hayama x Jun
Jun 1, 2017 10:30 AM

Dec 2016
After the hard work put on, it has compensated every effort taken for their dish :D I was very surprised that the judges chose Hayama for the winner and not Yukihira, but I'm happy with the results and think the gold medal was well given :)

Both Akira, Souma and Ryou are already winners for going so far as to reach as finalists ^^ and I found it funny that the trio look like best buds now :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 5, 2017 10:54 AM

Jun 2016
shit,that lost hit me hard,I didn't think Yukihira was gonna lose. ouch.
Jun 8, 2017 1:38 AM

Jul 2012
Hayama winning was probably the best way to go. It's gonna be interesting watching this trio and the rest of the 1st years go at it and grow together. There are so many interesting characters among them 😊

I wonder what they'll be doing in this next arc..
Aug 31, 2017 9:27 PM

May 2015
Laionidas said:
Still completely dumbfounded about no one (manga readers don't count) seemingly remembering that vital quote from Souma's dad in season one, or realising that Hayama's victory was only to light Souma's path. People should be a little less absorbed by the contests, and the who, what, hows, and focus a bit more on the why.

Souma's dad S1 said:
The key is finding a someone (a woman) for whom you want to continue improving your cooking.
Souma S2E10 said:
I wonder what it is that Hayama's got, that I don't.

If you add those up, it's obvious. Hayama's got Jun, which the epilogue only served to underscore once more, and the solution for Souma is Erina.

This post is almost a year old, but idc. Thank you for this comment. You pointed out something that I had completely forgotten had been said, and thinking back on it now, something that didn't seem significant in any way. But now taking everything into account, it's subtle, yet perfect foreshadowing. I was shocked and had a huge smile on my face as soon as I read your post. :) Again, thanks.

Sep 1, 2017 1:26 AM

Jan 2014
Kittens-kun said:
This post is almost a year old, but idc. Thank you for this comment. You pointed out something that I had completely forgotten had been said, and thinking back on it now, something that didn't seem significant in any way. But now taking everything into account, it's subtle, yet perfect foreshadowing. I was shocked and had a huge smile on my face as soon as I read your post. :) Again, thanks.

You're welcome.

A Dutch literary author (Willem Frederik Hermans) once said: "if there is a rifle (ed.; or a painting for that matter) on the wall on page two, then somewhere between page two and the end, something has to happen with it, otherwise there is no real point for the author to describe it". It's the insignificant details that, through their subtle contributions, make for an overall great impact.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 14, 2017 6:29 AM

Aug 2013
Hayama won. The use of flashback was quite effective and I knew from it that Hayama would win. His hug with Jun was cute.

From here on its the Stagiaire.

Sep 28, 2017 9:55 AM

Jun 2017
I honestly knew Souma wouldn't have won, I was hoping he would but something in me knew the win would go to Akira. Either way congratulations to Akira.
I knew Ryou wouldn't win. Speaking of Ryou...he is so hot. *w*
Oct 3, 2017 8:22 PM
Jul 2017
Wow, for once this season surprised me!
Oct 27, 2017 11:40 AM

Nov 2011
When they declared the winner, according to the personality expressed by his dish, I immediately knew who would win, and it was so. I'm not sorry for the leakage that Yukihira has suffered, but I'm pretty happy that it was so, so that he could understand its limits. As a narrative arc, it's more than satisfying.
Nov 12, 2017 12:14 PM

Apr 2013
Until the past of Hayama got explained, I wasn't sure who'd win. I was fine with Yukihira or Hayama though, as long as it's not the loud and annyoing Ryou xD
Dec 14, 2017 5:45 AM

Apr 2015
Hayama's flashback was interesting but the timing was off. I don't know why but Hayama is not a character that I cheer for.
Feb 7, 2018 3:16 AM

Dec 2012
White soup?
Holy shit at jiji's dress break.
Erina oppai.
Yukihira Souma is...SUGE!!!
Chef's specialty?
Dat flashback. Jun got nice oppai.
Akira won. Now he can confess to Jun and bang her.
Dat hug.
lol at Alice.
Sonoka!!!!
RIKIYA!!!!
Nikumi oppai in that apron.
Ibusaki is a closet hentai.
Tossed out of the school? The Stagiaire?

So great to see Sonoka again. I hope she comes back.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 25, 2019 2:41 AM
Nov 2018
When hayama's flash back scene, I knew he will win. Not because only him that has flash back on that part but I remember what souma's father say back when souma about to join the school. "You have to find someone that make you want to..." I forget what he was say but I know shouma's father mention he's wife,the one he love. Shouma not have that person but hayama already have it.
Jun 2, 2019 12:15 PM

Feb 2013
I really thought Souma would win!
Jul 4, 2019 6:20 AM

May 2016
Ryou was fighting to reach the top so he can prove to himself that he's superior to everyone below him and Souma was striving to become Number 1 so he can beat his dad, but Hayama gave his absolute all to make the woman who unlocked his true potential gave his miserable existence a purpose proud. It just goes for show that a person can shine the most if they do their best for someone dear to them. Hayama's sudden backstory being shown right before the big reveal might've made it obvious on who would be the winner but because of seeing it, I immediately understood why he won.

Souma might not have gotten first place but Hayama winning the Autumn Elections was by far the best outcome for the character growth of the three finalists. If Souma had won, he'd have to experience defeat for the first time the hard way by the hands of one of the Elite 10 because he wouldn't have realized that he still has a ways to go in improving and discovering himself as a chef and if Ryou won, he'd be cocky forever. I really like how the two ended up being such sore losers that the three of them ended up being really friendly rivals seeking to improve themselves because that's super adorable ♥

Jan 7, 2020 11:48 AM

Feb 2019
I'm glad Ryo came in third. He's really annoying! I wish they did the recap in another episode rather than this one
Jan 8, 2020 6:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I really thought Souma would win but looks like it's Akira, this show is surprising me more and more
Feb 11, 2020 7:00 AM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that Hayama Akira won but they could show the flashback after his victory. It feels too obvious. Anyway it was a good arc. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 9, 2020 10:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was amazing closure to what has been a suspenseful arc.

I was afraid that Soma might've lost bad last episode before the cliffhanger but it's still hard to make out who came 2nd place. Hayama-kun hugging Senpai there out of the blue was really sweet and the additional backstory touching, albeit making it clear who was emerge victorious before the reveal.

It's going to be interesting to see how this trio will fare.

Soma losing to Hayama, moreover, just goes to show he's missing one step to attaining the level away from true geniuses. Certainly a result that's tough to swallow but something for the better, I reckon.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 17, 2020 12:32 AM

Jan 2019
Like the outcome of the battle but I wish they didn’t do the recap right before they announced the it just made it to obvious in who would win
Oct 3, 2020 5:04 PM

Mar 2010
I saw dat coming a mile away, As even his father didn't really win numero uno. And he still is in his fetus stage.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 9, 2021 7:20 AM
Sep 2020
NexMAL said:
I liked it.

Didn't throw an unreasonable curveball as to why Hayama won/soma lost.

Even in the real world, cooking with your own unique specialty and making it taste superior to other dishes, is pretty standard to a good chef.

I liked how Soma didn't reach a peak in his skills yet. I hope he figures out soon that the answer to his lack of specialty is the lack of anyone to dedicate it to. Competitive nature (ex: Soma v Jinchiro, Ryo vs Alice) can only get you so far, and its what Hayama has (ex: Hayama x Jun) that really drive him to be stronger.

WHEN WILL ERINA ACKNOWLEDGE SOMA SO HE CAN BECOME EVEN BETTER

Lucis_ said:
Erina on Eleonora's lap = very cute

Alice*

I 101% AGREE!!!!!
Jan 14, 2021 4:03 AM
Jul 2020
I'm glad it was Hayama who won. Soma is great but he actually lacks a lot of professional experience... This'll make him improve even more! Hayama totally deserved to win
Mar 22, 2021 1:57 PM

Nov 2019
That crappy carpaccio won the competition!? Man, what a let down..
Jul 11, 2021 7:40 PM

Jul 2017
Hayama definitely was the right winner among the three for basically mastering spices to such a level where even a small amount can create an incredible impact of fragrance and taste, and has an identity of near perfection compared to Kurobika and Soma who still are not as solid as he is when it comes down to what the judges looked at.

My big problem with this episode though was having that Hayama flashback that went on for many minutes before the actual announcement. Sure, it's supposed to build up the euphoric feeling of seeing Hayama win after overcoming so many hardships but a lot of this was explained in previous episodes already, and it just felt like spoiling the result a bit that could've gone either way on paper.

The Autumn Election arc was solid but unlike the first season which aged better for me after this rewatch, this arc aged a bit poorly in comparison. The pacing is a definite factor, although its not dramatically bad, but I just wish there was more time put into building up the matches and spending more time researching outside the battles to keep things fresh.

At least the Stagiaire arc is now next and while its short and I also wish it went longer, at least that's a really nice change of pace after this heavy battle shounen-like arc. Real work experience in a restaurant definitely is a good point for characters to grow even further and elevate their strengths and reduce their weaknesses.
Sep 14, 2021 3:06 AM

Nov 2019
At least they had learnt the importance of off-session before the finale, as the characters had shown their traits during this period.

Nevertheless, the finale portrayed an unfair distribution of screen time, especially in a three way competition. It just felt like Kurokiba and Hayama Hayato Akira were only there to uplift Yukihira's performance. A three separate parts of the championship match could have been better, with the reflection getting adapted in a more memorable way, instead of being overloaded information that streched the show.

The sensations when the tastes spread across the tongues and nerve systems, or 'foodgasm' like Mr. Stark700 defined, had been terribly done so far, as I never held any kind of impression similar to those from the first season. Then again, it's just a matter of taste.

In summary, J.C Staff was void of vision, due to their busy and f***-up schedule. Also, I've never got why they had to rush the Autumn Selection, since the following arc would be produced in an even more forgettable way.
SgtBateManSep 14, 2021 3:23 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

155 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.